• Legend!
  • Established
Back & Bi's.

Barbell Row: Dropset - 275*4 / 225*5
Standing DB Rows: 95*9
Weighted Pullups: Dropset - 70*8 / BW*13
Incline DB Curls: Dropset - 60*5 / 40*5
Standing Calf Raise: 150*20
Decline Crunches: 25*30 (it wasn't a very steep incline today).

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Happy Memorial Day. NCAA Div 1 Lacrosse Championship is on ESPN @ 1pm today.

Legs and Shoulders today.

Front Squat: 250*9
Walking Lunges: 65*22
Bent Press: 70*12
Side Lateral Raise: 30*8
Donkey Calf Raise: 450*25
Dragon Flags: 22

Gym was on Holiday hours today. I was surprised that it wasn't as crowded as I had expected (pleasantly surprised :)). Good workout today. Really worked up a sweat. Hadn't done bent press in like a year, so it really murdered the delts and gave me a sick sick pump. I'm gonna be sore tomorrow.

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
Happy Memorial Day. NCAA Div 1 Lacrosse Championship is on ESPN @ 1pm today.

Front Squat: 250*9
Bent Press: 70*12
Side Lateral Raise: 30*8
Donkey Calf Raise: 450*25

Gym was on Holiday hours today. I was surprised that it wasn't as crowded as I had expected (pleasantly surprised :)). Good workout today. Really worked up a sweat. Hadn't done bent press in like a year, so it really murdered the delts and gave me a sick sick pump. I'm gonna be sore tomorrow.
Yo Sinner have you done Barbell lunges (in like a squat cage)? How do you like them (if you have) compared to the walking lunges?

Also who you like today? Orange or JH? The Hopkins Duke game was sick as hell.

Oh and I know your busy, but how about a Science term of the week :D?

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yo Sinner have you done Barbell lunges (in like a squat cage)? How do you like them (if you have) compared to the walking lunges?

Also who you like today? Orange or JH? The Hopkins Duke game was sick as hell.

Oh and I know your busy, but how about a Science term of the week :D?
I've always been a Virginia fan, so the upset against Syracuse sucked for me. :sad:

I'm rooting for the Orange, simply because I don't want JH to win it again.

I like walking lunges, holding DB's. I like to use barbells to do split squats (lunges with your back foot rested on a bench or other elevated surface). Walking adds a horizontal element to the motion, so now instead of just moving up, you are moving up and forward. This makes the hams and glutes do a little more work, I think.

Science term of the week :D : Antione's Equation. Gosh, I haven't used this since sophomore year. This is the equation to find the saturation pressure of a pure species as a function of temperature. P = exp [A - B/(T+C)] ; where A, B, & C are experimentally determined constants.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good Morning, fellas (and Crader).

Chest and Tri's today.

Weighted Dips: 160*6+1
Incline Bench Press (barbell): 265*8
DB Pullovers: 110*11
JM Press: 225*8
Seated Calf Raise: 180*30
Decline Crunches: 25*20

Hope everyone had a good Memorial Day weekend. Syracuse came through for an upset against JHU, so I'm happy. :)

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good Morning. It's Friday!!!

Back & Biceps today.

Deadlift: 355*9
Seated Cable Row (wide grip extension): 200*9
Weighted Chins: 60*9
Straight Bar Spider Curls: 100*9+1
Standing Calf Raise: 150*25
Decline Crunches: 25*35

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice work thusfar sin! I agree, TGIF!! :)

nycste

nycste

Awards
  • Established

Back & Biceps today.

not bad for a morning guy :)

nycste

nycste

Awards
  • Established

Back & Biceps today.

on a serious note, howmany warmup sets you doing for example

your deads 335x9 so u warmed up wtih 135-225-315?

and chins bw x warmup then +25 or straight to +60 just curious

GREAT WORK BUDDY LIGHT WEIGHT BABY

TGIF:woohoo:

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
on a serious note, howmany warmup sets you doing for example

your deads 335x9 so u warmed up wtih 135-225-315?

and chins bw x warmup then +25 or straight to +60 just curious

GREAT WORK BUDDY LIGHT WEIGHT BABY

TGIF:woohoo:
I usually do 2 warmup sets. Weights are somewhat trivial.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good Morning. Hope everyone had a good weekend. I know I did.

Superset Cleans/Upright Row: 185*7/115*11
Walking Lunges: 70*18
Hamstring Curls: 60*6
Rear Delt Raise: 25*16
Donkey Calf Raise: 450*30
Roll-out's/Walk-out's: 6/20

Hadn't done roll-out's in a while. My abs are gonna be sore as hell tomorrow :(

Science Term of the week (this one's for you, OCC): Nusselt Number. Named after Wilhelm Nusselt, it is the ratio of convective heat transfer to conductive heat transfer in a heat exchanger.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Roll-out's
You remember the those "ab wheel" and "ab roller" things from the late 90's/early 2000's? You use one of those. Instead kneeling, your only point of contact with the floor is the tip of your toes and the wheel-thingy. They are quite difficult.

Walk-out's
Same as roll-out's, except you literally "walk" out with your hands, instead of holding the wheel-thingy. They're a lot easier because you have some nice static-friction against the floor so you can use your shoulders to help keep you from falling flat on your face.

nycste

nycste

Awards
  • Established
Roll-out's
You remember the those "ab wheel" and "ab roller" things from the late 90's/early 2000's? You use one of those. Instead kneeling, your only point of contact with the floor is the tip of your toes and the wheel-thingy. They are quite difficult.

Walk-out's
Same as roll-out's, except you literally "walk" out with your hands, instead of holding the wheel-thingy. They're a lot easier because you have some nice static-friction against the floor so you can use your shoulders to help keep you from falling flat on your face.
very nice, yea i figured roll outs were those ab roller things, but wasnt sure what those walkouts where, either way ur an animal !

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
You're an animal. Just not a ferocious one, like a squirrel or a spider monkey. :D

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
Are you planning on using 3-AD again anytime soon ? I think I'm going to break down and buy 3-AD/aPCT and run it.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good Morning everyone.

Chest & Triceps this morning.
Weighted Dips: 165*5+1
Hammer strength Isolateral Chest: 320*6
Floor Press: 335*4
Tricep Rope Pushdowns: 80*9
Standing Calf Raise (one-footed): 100*20 (each foot)

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Are you planning on using 3-AD again anytime soon ? I think I'm going to break down and buy 3-AD/aPCT and run it.
I had actually planned out a nice big cycle to run, but put it on hold to test 3-AD. So I'm not gonna do another 3-AD for my next cycle. Maybe the cycle after next, I'm kinda curious to see what 6 weeks would do to me.

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
You're an animal. Just not a ferocious one, like a squirrel or a spider monkey. :D
i dissagree, squirrels can be quite ferocious. i was bit by one as a kid. man those guys have sharp teeth! had to get rabies shots following just to be safe. i despise squirls!

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
I had actually planned out a nice big cycle to run, but put it on hold to test 3-AD. So I'm not gonna do another 3-AD for my next cycle. Maybe the cycle after next, I'm kinda curious to see what 6 weeks would do to me.
i've got another bottle of 3ad comming my way but don't know when i'll get to use it.
don't they say back to back cycles of the same compound is a :nono:

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
i dissagree, squirrels can be quite ferocious. i was bit by one as a kid. man those guys have sharp teeth! had to get rabies shots following just to be safe. i despise squirls!
The place I used to live last year, they had black squirrels. They were awesome.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good afternoon, all. Internet connection was down this morning. It's FRIDAY yet again!! Never gets old. Never.

Back & Biceps

DB Deadlift: 150's*9
Barbell Row: 245*10+2
Weighted Pullups: 95*4+1
Incline DB Curls: 60*7
Donkey Calf Raise: 450*20
Decline Crunches: 25*18

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Ahhh sweet Friday! Only one more day and my weekend starts!

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
When you do upright rows, how far apart do you space your hands ? shoulders, or further apart ?

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
When you do upright rows, how far apart do you space your hands ? shoulders, or further apart ?
You know where there's that small bare section in the knurl of the bar? I usually hold it with my ring or pinky finger along that spot.

Britney looks like a MAN, in your avi.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good Morning everyone. And what HOT morning it is today (my gym has no AC).

I was in Cleveland this past weekend, and went for a run on the beach last night. I used to beach run a lot when I used to live out there. It was a fun trip down memory lane. Only part that sucked was the last 30 feet of my run. Apparently no one had walked over that sand to turn it up and prevent it from heating up. HOT! Hahaha. It sucked. But it takes more than a few blisters to stop me from leg day. :)

Legs and Shoulders:
Front Squat: 225*12
Arnold Press: 70*11
DB Side Laterals: 30*10
DB Shrugs: 105*12
Donkey Calf Raise: 450* 20 (these SUCK when you have 2nd degree burns on the bottom of your feet)
Dragon Flags: 20

All in all, a decent workout. Next time I run on the sand, I'm gonna have to remember to run earlier in the day.

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Ouch on the blisters and burns. Where do you go to run? All the places I've been up there only have small amounts of sand? It sounds like a nice change of pace.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Headlands Beach State Park in Grand River. Birthplace of Don Shula. If you run from the west end to the lighthouse and back, it's about 3 mi (it's longer than the bikepath, which is supposedly 3 mi). The feeling of the sand between your toes when you run is always worth the trip (except when it's hot).

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Let's take this kinda stuff PM if you want to talk about it, ok Reaper?

I might know her, though. I know a few girls in that sorority, who just recently graduated.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good Morning everyone.

Chest & Triceps workout today.

Incline DB Press: 110*7
Weighted Dips: 165*5+1
DB Pullovers: 115*9
JM Press: 225*5
Standing Calf Raise: 150*15
Decline Crunches: 25*20

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Log continues to look good sin. :)

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Damn squirrels. I actually had to give someone their first dose of rabies shots the other day from a squirrel bite haha.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
I tried to imitate your jump roping skills and was unsuccessful at coming even close to it.

Also too, I tried to do weighted dips @165 for 5+1 on my upper body DC day and now I have some serious pain in my sternum. :(

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am sorry to hear about your sternum.

Heavy Dips really tear your chest apart. Probably my favorite chest exercise.

Gonna go jump some rope later today. Don't get discouraged if you don't have "mad skillz" or something your first try. I've been at it with the rope for years.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
G'morning fellas. It's Friday again.

Back and Biceps today.
Rack Pulls: 365*7
Seated Cable Rows: 200*9 N
Weighted Chins: 85*5+1
Straight Bar Spider Curl: 90*11
Donkey Calf raise: 450*35
Dragon Flags: 21

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good morning everyone.

Bought a new pair of rollerblades on Saturday, so I'm sure you can guess what I did for exercise this weekend. :D I'm really stoked because I haven't gotten a new set of wheels since like '98. Apparently ABEC 5 is what comes standard, and I don't care what people say, there's definitely a noticeable difference between ABEC 1 and ABEC 5.

Anyhow, to this morning's workout: Legs and Shoulders:
Superset: Snatches / Upright Row: 155*3 / 115*12
Split Squats: 155*12 (each leg)
Hamstring Curls: 65*5
Rear Delt Raise: 25*15 (note to self: use higher weight next time)
One-footed Standing Calf Raise: 120*15 (each foot)
Roll-outs/Walk-outs: 7 / 12

Workout was ok today. A little disappointed with my performance on my snatches, but whatever. Had to add split squats into the mix because I haven't done them in a while, and think they're a totally awesome exercise.

Lastly, the science term of the week.
Static Friction - I figured since I was talking about ABEC bearings earlier, this would be a good subject to hit up. There's essentially two kinds of friction: static and dynamic. ( Static friction is the force opposing the effort on a surface which does not slide or skid, and offers a stronger force than dynamic friction. A good example is anti-lock brakes, which the brake pad pulses on the wheels, so that the wheels do not skid . This allows your wheels to maintain static friction with the ground.
Anyhow, the argument against higher ABEC rated bearings is that the bearing is still in contact with the axle, thus friction will slow you down. The issue with this is that the naysayers negate static and dynamic friction. In this case we can look at the difference between the friction in the bearing verus the friction in the axle. Then you'll see that the bearing friction <<< axle friction. Because the friction on the axle is so much larger, we can assume it to be static, in which case no (or very little) net work is being done on the axle; therefore, energy loss is occuring at the bearings. By reducing the friction at the bearings, energy loss is decreased, allowing for a longer distance to be travelled per stride.

Oh, and ABEC is an acronym for Annular Bearing Engineering Committee. It is just a rating system for bearings, and has no real special meaning.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
I noticed the morning spark cranberry taste has kinda changed. also too, are you sure each tube is 160mg of caffeine in it ?

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
You still drink that stuff? It's been a while since I've bought any.

I honestly don't remember how much is in it. It doesn't say anywhere on the label. I think they have to put that info on it nowadays, but it'll be like a "Where's Waldo" adventure to find it.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
You still drink that stuff? It's been a while since I've bought any.

I honestly don't remember how much is in it. It doesn't say anywhere on the label. I think they have to put that info on it nowadays, but it'll be like a "Where's Waldo" adventure to find it.

I had to hunt for it. Wal-mart (the one I go to) dosen't carry Apple or Cranberry anymore. Just grapefruit and orange. Those 2 aren't as good as apple/cran.

http://www.energyfiend.com/caffeine-content/morning-spark

That's quite a bit actually for just 1 tube. I've tried using 2 tubes at once. I get solid energy for 45 minutes then crash....hard.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
yeah, 320-360mg of caffeine will make you feel amazing for an hour, and hate life the next.

nycste

nycste

Awards
  • Established
Good morning everyone.

Bought a new pair of rollerblades on Saturday, so I'm sure you can guess what I did for exercise this weekend. :D I'm really stoked because I haven't gotten a new set of wheels since like '98. Apparently ABEC 5 is what comes standard, and I don't care what people say, there's definitely a noticeable difference between ABEC 1 and ABEC 5.

Anyhow, to this morning's workout: Legs and Shoulders:
Superset: Snatches / Upright Row: 155*3 / 115*12
Split Squats: 155*12 (each leg)
Hamstring Curls: 65*5
Rear Delt Raise: 25*15 (note to self: use higher weight next time)
One-footed Standing Calf Raise: 120*15 (each foot)
Roll-outs/Walk-outs: 7 / 12

Workout was ok today. A little disappointed with my performance on my snatches, but whatever. Had to add split squats into the mix because I haven't done them in a while, and think they're a totally awesome exercise.

Lastly, the science term of the week.
Static Friction - I figured since I was talking about ABEC bearings earlier, this would be a good subject to hit up. There's essentially two kinds of friction: static and dynamic. ( Static friction is the force opposing the effort on a surface which does not slide or skid, and offers a stronger force than dynamic friction. A good example is anti-lock brakes, which the brake pad pulses on the wheels, so that the wheels do not skid . This allows your wheels to maintain static friction with the ground.
Anyhow, the argument against higher ABEC rated bearings is that the bearing is still in contact with the axle, thus friction will slow you down. The issue with this is that the naysayers negate static and dynamic friction. In this case we can look at the difference between the friction in the bearing verus the friction in the axle. Then you'll see that the bearing friction <<< axle friction. Because the friction on the axle is so much larger, we can assume it to be static, in which case no (or very little) net work is being done on the axle; therefore, energy loss is occuring at the bearings. By reducing the friction at the bearings, energy loss is decreased, allowing for a longer distance to be travelled per stride.

Oh, and ABEC is an acronym for Annular Bearing Engineering Committee. It is just a rating system for bearings, and has no real special meaning.
DORK !

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good morning everyone.

Todays' workout was Chest and Triceps.

Incline DB Press: 110*10
Hammer Strength Isolateral Chest: Dropset: 340*3 / 270*4
Floor Press: 340*4