show on Greg Valentino......

UnicronSpawn

UnicronSpawn

Awards
  • Established
When i was in europe i was tricked into hitting myself in the head with a pebble, just a little pebble, you see thats how it starts.

Lol! And then you just keep moving up to bigger and bigger pebbles, you cant stop until you get to the true B.F.R.'s, then BAM, your nailed with a concussion. Laying in the hospital bed thinking. "Why did I have to be a wise ass and think it would never happen to me....." It can happen to anyone, pretty soon you just need your fix of a rock to the head, and youll do whatever it takes and risk it all just to get it. :rofl:

USAMM

Awards
Horrible show, but then again that could be the steroids talking. They have embedded themselves in my DNA since my first injection (per the trainer). :)

Grassroots082

Grassroots082

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Saw part of that show last night, it upset me how they were misleading anyone else that watched the show so I turned it. I saw a pic of Greg Valentino benching 135lbs :lol:

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
steroids make you big not strong, as valentino the "average lifter" demonstrates.

UnicronSpawn

UnicronSpawn

Awards
  • Established
John Romano is the bomb!

(he's probably my favorite bodybuilding mag columnist.)

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
Romano roasted Dr. linn goldberg, A new brand of choch, the kind you cant beat cause we feel bad for his phallacal shortcommings.

UnicronSpawn

UnicronSpawn

Awards
  • Established
Oh yeah, the guy who let everyone think that AAS use is rampant among little girls, ages 9-16 or whatever..... That guy seems like total alarmist asspipe.

ryano

Awards
  • Established
Romano needs to rip on Valentino...

I use to read Valentino articles because they were kind of funny in a dumb trashy sort of way...

but after watching that..that guy has no place in a respectable magazine.

UnicronSpawn

UnicronSpawn

Awards
  • Established
I used to read the Valentino column (or at least parts of it), too. Cuz I felt the exact way u described (Ryno). I figured, "so what if he makes up alot of sh#t, he's funny and entertaining (in a that crayzy fu#cker kind of way)." But now he really is coming forward to get the allready misinformed gen public even more off base and even more against wha alot of us do in a manner that is nothing like the scary stories portrayed in that (mostly fictional) story on TLC. People trust stations like TLC, and alot of people, including people I know will accept something they watch on there as a factual account, much the same way as I do when I watch the history channel. People expect that TLC, Discovery, and History channels are going to bring them the facts, and only someone versed in the topic of the day would be able to dispute things said on those channels. It makes me wonder how many shows on those channells had fabricated or specutalive information in them and I didnt even suspect till I saw a program on something I know something about allready.

wideguy

wideguy

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I didn't read this entire post but I have seen the show and know who Valentino is. That said here's my idea, I or anyone who sees a post on him or that show on him just immediately post somethings along the lines of "He's full of **** and not worth discussing at all." The guy is an attention whore and as long as people keep talking about him good or bad he will be recognized in the BB community. After that program he clearly has shown to be a lying worthless peice of trash and NO ONE should spend this much time talking about him. That's it real simple "He's a liar. Don't listen to a word he says." End the converstation before it starts.

MaynardMeek

Awards
  • Established
HAHA first time i saw it.. it ran on tonight.. it was all shot at my gym in east rutherford... i am a star!!!!!.. i had no idea they were filming for that lol... looking at the tv and i was like... wait.. i know him.. and him.. and bob.. and him... and that banner.. and and anyway... crappy show

Apowerz6

Apowerz6

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I HATED THAT EFFING SHOW!!!
although we are and we know how much of a tool GV is, the information on steroids were inaccurate esp. Mr America, how exaggerated was he!!! He was obsessive, like steroids did all that, hello HE DID THAT, too much of anything = Negative results !!! I wonder after his heart attack did he go back and lift, did he change his diet, what did he do to help himself??? Then when he had a stroke did he change his lifestyle? And now he has the test of a school girl !!! Most men his age do naturally :wtf: What is he doing now, while he has man boobs, and not lifting, just becasue he has low test he can't lift, what an effin joke !!!

UnicronSpawn

UnicronSpawn

Awards
  • Established
Yeah that guy was a full cluck. Youd expect him to be the guy that picks up a rock and beats himself into a coma with it then wakes up and tours the country preaching about the horrors of limestone, and how only and idiot would have them in their drive way. "they messed me up man, theyl do it to you to" "do you want to give yourself a concussion man?" "Rocks just arent worth the risk, take it from me Im an expert." "Get those dangerous stones out of your landscaping arrangement."

swollengoat999

Awards
what sickened me was that in the same segment where he's describing how he would 'pick up a needle from the floor -- blow dirt off of it and then jam it into his body -- the voiceover states GV's severe infection & hematoma was caused by the steroids -- not GV's complete lack of common sense & total disregard for basic hygiene.

what a fair and balanced look at steroids.

SO glad the wifey was watching it with me.