Shoulder pain

Rizzle

Awards
I used to get shoulder pain and pain in my shoulder blades. Sometimes I would get tension headaches from the spasms in my shoulder blades. The best medicine for me is to PUSH against a wall or the floor as hard as possible. I figured this out when I decided to take a yoga class for my first time and we did a downward dog pose. I have to push really hard to make the tension in my shoulders and shoulder blades go away.

jimmywst

jimmywst

Awards
Great thread... Been suffering with the "internal" shoulder pains since I pretty much gave up contact sports, been massively aggravated since I started lifting.... Certainly will be trying the warm ups and repair reps...... Spot on fellas, fingers crossed.

MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established
Sounds like the same thing I experienced when I tore my labrum. Get it checked out by a doc. You said it hasn't gotten better over a month?

Don't flare your elbows out when benching keep them against your body. Learning proper bench after my PT from my labrum tare has been one of the smartest things I've done.

hockeydude

Awards
I think you might have the same problem I did. I had that same pain every time I went to bench and it only got worse. I kept lifting heavy on it and the worse and worse it got. I went to the doctors and I had super bad tendinitis and bursitis. It only gets worse from there and u can mess up ur rotator cuff if u keep pushing it. The best thing the doc told me was to give it time and don't lift more than 10lbs on it