Sermorelin..better than HGH?

BigJimCalhoun

Awards
Is this something that requires a prescription? I am guessing that it does.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Once again, HeadDoc launches toward the future.

I have been thinking about Sermorelin for some time now. While speaking at a medical conference in Denver in June, sponsored by College Pharmacy, I heard two lectures on the subject which, frankly, stopped me dead in my tracks (one must always maintain an open mind in medicine, and remain a true man or woman of science). Dr. Walker's presentation dropped my jaw.

Except for a couple of my patients who do not possess a pituitary gland, I believe I will soon be switching my Adult Onset Growth Hormone Deficiency patients over to this new treatment strategy. I just need a bit more time to think about my pathways.

In short, Sermorelin is to the pituitary as HCG is to the testes.
Sermorelin Information
Unlike HGH, Sermorelin affects a more primary source of failure in the GH neuroendocrine axis, has more physiological activity, has a better safety profile, and its use for adult hormone deficiency is not restricted (as is HGH).*
----------
*Dr. Richard F. Walker, - Sermorelin - Official Sermorelin Organization.
---------------------------------------------
http://www.collegepharmacy.com/Sermorelin/SermorelinAbetterApproachThanhGH.pdf
While there is a wealth of information showing that long-term administration of
rhGH reduces intrinsic disease and extends life in adults suffering pathogenic GHD,
consensus on whether extrapolation of those data to the aging condition is justified
has not been reached (Perls et al 2005). Most of the major concerns derive from the
fact that rhGH is mitogenic and may awaken latent cancers, that improper dose
selection may promote metabolic disorders such as diabetes
, and perhaps that
pharmacological presentation may exacerbate decline of endocrine function by
distorting essential hormonal interactions.
-------------------------------------
Effects are regulated by negative feedback involving the
inhibitory neurohormone, somatostatin, so that unlike
administration of exogenous rhGH, overdoses of
endogenous hGH are difficult if not impossible to
achieve,
---------------------------------------
Unlike
rhGH which has legal restrictions on its clinical use, the
off-label prescribing of sermorelin is not prohibited by
federal law.
-----------------------------------------------
In support of this effort, the Society for Applied Research
in Aging will be providing sermorelin free of cost on a
competitive basis to practitioners willing to study its effects
under protocol conditions and to report the outcomes in a
peer-reviewed journal such as Clinical Interventions in
Aging

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Have a freind who is on this and likes it very much so far. I was going to bring it up when he updates me on it's effectiveness.

Headdoc

Headdoc

Awards
with all the attention these days to abuse of steroids and even Stallone's arrest in Australia for more vials of HGH than the rest of us use in several months, you'd have to think that any negative outcome from HGH in adults would be on the front page of every newspaper. The occurance of cancers or diabetes would be good stories. And yet, not a story!

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
A direct, and obvious, concern is that the same forces which inhibit GH production, in the face of GHRH, still will be at work.
We talking estrogen, possible insulin resistance here?

On a second note, this stuff seems very very promising.

What are the costs? Insurance covers anything?

My IGF-1 level 130 (126 - 350)

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
We talking estrogen, possible insulin resistance here?

On a second note, this stuff seems very very promising.

What are the costs? Insurance covers anything?

My IGF-1 level 130 (126 - 350)
Aging

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Aging
Dr John, are you involved in this in any way?

No way shape or form would I get involved in this unless I was under Dr Johns care.....But if he gave the go I would be in.

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I got in contact with the sermorelin people and they are sending me a bunch of information - I will post it up when it arrives. :drunk:

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
In short, Sermorelin is to the pituitary as HCG is to the testes.
If that is the case, this product will be one of the biggest things to hit the anti aging market in years :dance:

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
I emailed my friend..we'll see if he's game to post or email his impressions. He and his wife have a lot going on so we'll see.

Scottyo

Awards
  • Established
Im interested as well....of course, only if my doc say so.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Got a reply from my friends and they say they are not using it yet..due to the high price tag.

They mentioned a "Dr Shallenberger" is their anti-aging Doc and he swears by it.

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Got a reply from my friends and they say they are not using it yet..due to the high price tag.

They mentioned a "Dr Shallenberger" is their anti-aging Doc and he swears by it.
Yep, it figures.

No point in running a "free" trial of it from the makers when one can't afford it long term

RichTan

Awards
So how much is too much? What does it cost long term? I estimated it to be about 100 times more costly than hgh. Anybody?

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
My friends say;

"HGH sells for like $9-$11 an iU through the doc. Dr Shallenberger says to expect to pay quite a bit more for Sermorelin. So I can only imagine how expensive it would be. I would have to take 3iu and "P" 4iu a day. We just can't afford that."

Yeah, expensive habit.

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
My friends say;

"HGH sells for like $9-$11 an iU through the doc. Dr Shallenberger says to expect to pay quite a bit more for Sermorelin. So I can only imagine how expensive it would be. I would have to take 3iu and "P" 4iu a day. We just can't afford that."

Yeah, expensive habit.
:wtf:

Yea, LOL. I can think of much better ways to spend 40 bucks a day.

To be honest, I can't justify spending the 10 bucks a day for HGH. Maybe one day........:whiner:

stern

Awards
cost

according to the website it's 10-15% cheaper.

Question: Are the doctor's costs for hGH and Sermorelin comparable?

Dr. Richard Walker: Costs of Sermorelin per vial is about 10 – 15% less expensive than hGH. Furthermore, a vial of hGH usually last approximately 12 – 14 days. In contrast, based upon clinical information defining the effective dose for stimulation of the pituitary gland, one multidose vial will be sufficient to last for 15 days.

www.collegepharmacy.com/Sermorelin/Sermorelin6.asp

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Interesting...it'd be nice to know the actual costs.

sarcazmo

Awards
Sermorelin according my A-A Doc

hi All,

I go to an Anti-Aging Clinic in H-town for general nutrition, TRT ( pellets - Love 'em! ) and HCG. On a recent follow-up, my Doc talked about Semorelin. He likes to try stuff out on himself before recommending any new therapy to his patients. According to his trial ( don't remember the exact amounts but it was the equivalent of what would be 1IU per day of HGH ), his bloodtests showed the Sermorelin to increase IGF-2 about 90% as well as HGH. Again, I don't have specific numbers, but he also indicated that it is less expensive than HGH ( but not by a significant amount - if I had to guess, I'd say maybe 20-25% less at most ).

srczm

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
hi All,

I go to an Anti-Aging Clinic in H-town for general nutrition, TRT ( pellets - Love 'em! ) and HCG. On a recent follow-up, my Doc talked about Semorelin. He likes to try stuff out on himself before recommending any new therapy to his patients. According to his trial ( don't remember the exact amounts but it was the equivalent of what would be 1IU per day of HGH ), his bloodtests showed the Sermorelin to increase IGF-2 about 90% as well as HGH. Again, I don't have specific numbers, but he also indicated that it is less expensive than HGH ( but not by a significant amount - if I had to guess, I'd say maybe 20-25% less at most ).

srczm
Awesome, thanks.

What is his price for HGH

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
You can get through Dr. J for $8.00/IU = $240.00 @ 1IU/day.
If Semorelin is 25% cheaper, then we are looking at 6 bucks a day, and 180 bucks a month.

Still pretty pricey. :rasp:

colkurtz_spf

colkurtz_spf

The horror
Awards
  • Established
$300-ish/month for 1IU/day last I checked.

srczm
Sermorelin is measured in milligrams, and the prescribed doses are in micrograms. The recommended doses are usually between 200 and 300 micrograms per day, and based on the individual's sex and BMI. A 3 milligram bottle would last 10 to 15 days. I just found a price of $90 per 3 MG vial. Of course a doctor has to prescribe it.

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Sermorelin is measured in milligrams, and the prescribed doses are in micrograms. The recommended doses are usually between 200 and 300 micrograms per day, and based on the individual's sex and BMI. A 3 milligram bottle would last 10 to 15 days. I just found a price of $90 per 3 MG vial. Of course a doctor has to prescribe it.
Yep, Im a lightweight too, so about 180 bucks a month for me.

The goomba in me won't ever allow myself to fork that over. :rofl:

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
is it subq or tabs oral gel?

dougpacker

Awards
I got prescribed Sermonelin right after the big GH bust when the feds took all the generic Somatropin.
Before that my insurance was paying for my GH..
Did not cover Sermonelin, I weigh 165 and the cost was 200 a month. No way to partial dose or use less like with GH.

My doc switched to it and is no longer on it because he says he never felt much and it takes too long to work.
I have another doc buddy who is taking it and feels pleased.
He was paying out of pocket 800 month for GH so he is happy.

So I think the jury is still out. If they could get it under a hundred a month I'd be on it.

Headdoc

Headdoc

Awards
I got prescribed Sermonelin right after the big GH bust when the feds took all the generic Somatropin.
Before that my insurance was paying for my GH..
Did not cover Sermonelin, I weigh 165 and the cost was 200 a month. No way to partial dose or use less like with GH.

My doc switched to it and is no longer on it because he says he never felt much and it takes too long to work.
I have another doc buddy who is taking it and feels pleased.
He was paying out of pocket 800 month for GH so he is happy.

So I think the jury is still out. If they could get it under a hundred a month I'd be on it.
I ran it for 8 weeks and had an IGF-1 of 130. I ran it for another 8 at double the recommended dose and the IGF-1 was127. I am now off for 6 + weeks and preparing for another lab. Sorry I did not get a post HGH level.