The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Hmm i might have to. Curls before squats have always been what I do anyways just for the ham/glute activation as I notice I sit into the hole better when I've warmed up with them. I'll give it a shot next weekend
BINGO

JAMES1980

JAMES1980

Awards
Cant wait to give Quake a shot. My Quake is in Malaysia Customs Office. Waiting for clearance.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Monday was supposed to be my off day, but since I was travelling and working late tuesday I switched those two. Went in for a quick push hyper day.

1.5sc 40min pre as I had tried the other day. This is definitely the way to go for me. WIth this timing I am fully "zoned in" from set 1, which especially in a time constrained workout like this one was, is key to getting the most out of it. No wasted sets "getting there".

I felt pretty good doing the supersets to speed things up, not 100% able to keep up with my normal straight set weights due to all the exercises being pushing ones so there is some fatigue overlap exercise to exercise. I would say I got maybe 90-95% of what I do normally which is pretty good considering no rest between exercise supersets and only about 30-60 sec between sets. I havent done many workouts like this (time constrained) recently so as I will be travelling more the next few weeks and have a much more limited shcedule I will get a better baseline to compare to.

Today (first thing this morning) was one of those REALLY short workouts (30min) as the next few hours are going to be hectic setting up a conference, and the same tomorrow morning. Fortunately the hotel/conf center we're at has one of the nicest gyms I've ever seen in a hotel (full DB sets up to 80lb, various machines, smith machine, cables, etc) so exercises will be reasonably close to normal, just lots of supersets to speed through the workout as a whole.

I did smith deads 8 sets of 6 with pullups (on the square bar of the machine itself) superset in and definintely felt better than I expected. One thing for sure to note was my grip strength was on point. I usually use straps (versa grips) for hyper days since time between sets is limited but dont often take them on the road with me so I switch to mixed grip... today I hit all of my sets with double overhand grip which was awesome. Recovery between sets was stellar as well... more later if I get time

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Good to see the Recovery/Endurnace is kicking up on you here buddy. Especially in a deficit.
Good to see you also found your sweet spot for dosing the product to get the best out of it.
Anything to note on Pumps via the supersets?

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good stuff in here, Dan.

I definitely "need" to take that stim break, but yeah, that's not happening. I've done it in the past and even after cold turkey and 2-3 months off, the feeling coming back on was never what it used to be. So I'll keep taking copious amounts of stims instead lol. Quake definitely looks like one where I would add the 1 cap of Bronkaid and that would be more than enough for me (what I do w/ 2 scoops of Prolific, currently, and it's very helpful).

Also...

Some people get jack off training

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Good to see the Recovery/Endurnace is kicking up on you here buddy. Especially in a deficit.
Good to see you also found your sweet spot for dosing the product to get the best out of it.
Anything to note on Pumps via the supersets?
Recovery and endurance was good, but until I have some prolonged use (a few days like this) I can't attribute it to the Quake just yet as it simply could be that it was the first day or two I did them... By next week if things stay on par it will be applicable.

Pumps are basically non-existent due to diet at this point. Only so much any product can do without adequate carbs... Especially these heavy work/travel days when I tend to just throw a few shakes in with a fast dinner. Once I have a refeed (still not sure when as right now I still dont feel I need it yet, that could change depending how many cals i get in these next few days) I will comment on that aspect again since it will be more applicable.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Alarm went off this morning, took my quake and hit snooze... except i hit "stop" instead of snooze and woke up an hour later... Needless to say, no gym this morning and most likely not tonight as i'll be working and travelling. So. Friggin. Peeved.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Alarm went off this morning, took my quake and hit snooze... except i hit "stop" instead of snooze and woke up an hour later... Needless to say, no gym this morning and most likely not tonight as i'll be working and travelling. So. Friggin. Peeved.
Just did this on Tuesday. Except I didn't drink a pre-workout before hitting dismiss instead of snooze lol.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
When you can sleep through a pre-workout.. You sir have an incredible stim tolerance!

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
When you can sleep through a pre-workout.. You sir have an incredible stim tolerance!
Not at all the case... caffeine doesn't wake you when you're already asleep ha. Since this takes so long to kick in and I fall asleep so fast, i just felt great when I finally woke ha. Based on this, I'd say this is a pretty good showcase of how smooth and slow the energy is since there's zero "kick"

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Not at all the case... caffeine doesn't wake you when you're already asleep ha. Since this takes so long to kick in and I fall asleep so fast, i just felt great when I finally woke ha. Based on this, I'd say this is a pretty good showcase of how smooth and slow the energy is since there's zero "kick"
If i take any caffeine after like 4 or 5 PM . I will not fall asleep until like 11 PM
Then again. I am pretty much off stims year round, especially off season. Maybe 1-2x a week I will take a pre-workout.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
If i take any caffeine after like 4 or 5 PM . I will not fall asleep until like 11 PM
Then again. I am pretty much off stims year round, especially off season. Maybe 1-2x a week I will take a pre-workout.
What you're taking about is completely different though...that's waiting for the caff to kick in, and then trying to sleep which obviously is going to be stupid. I'm talking about falling asleep when I never even really woke up and never let the caff kick in. Apples to oranges

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
What you're taking about is completely different though...that's waiting for the caff to kick in, and then trying to sleep which obviously is going to be stupid. I'm talking about falling asleep when I never even really woke up and never let the caff kick in. Apples to oranges
If i woke up, drank a coffee, and tried to go back to sleep. It would never happen. Ever.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
If i woke up, drank a coffee, and tried to go back to sleep. It would never happen. Ever.
That's not the caffeine then... if you can fall back asleep normally in <5 min it's physiologically impossible to have metabolized the caffeine in that amount of time ha.

Maybe you're just "special".

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
That's not the caffeine then... if you can fall back asleep normally in <5 min it's physiologically impossible to have metabolized the caffeine in that amount of time ha.

Maybe you're just "special".
I am not alone with people who drink caffeine and have hard times sleeping, or if they wake up and take a shot of caffeine and then find they get instant energy. Very typical actually with any caffeine consumption unless you have quite a tolerance build up.

I am sure you have seen the case where someone takes a pre-workout, then goes to the gym to lift and finds out the place is closed. They are then full of energy. If that person tried to go to sleep after taking that, it may not be instant, and it may take some time for the effects to diminish.

My brother is like you. He can take 4-5-6 coffee's a day and then fall asleep 5 minutes later because he works 50-60 hours a week and relies heavily on it.

Some people are just stim addicts

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I don't think it's the caffeine. I can take an afternoon nap after a shot of espresso, but I generally can't go back to sleep after waking up in the AM unless it's like 3 am

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I am not alone with people who drink caffeine and have hard times sleeping, or if they wake up and take a shot of caffeine and then find they get instant energy. Very typical actually with any caffeine consumption unless you have quite a tolerance build up.

I am sure you have seen the case where someone takes a pre-workout, then goes to the gym to lift and finds out the place is closed. They are then full of energy. If that person tried to go to sleep after taking that, it may not be instant, and it may take some time for the effects to diminish.

My brother is like you. He can take 4-5-6 coffee's a day and then fall asleep 5 minutes later because he works 50-60 hours a week and relies heavily on it.

Some people are just stim addicts
You literally confirmed what I'm trying to say haha... its not the caff, it's mental (exhaustion or lack of) that makes the difference. Obviously if you take it and wait it's gonna be hard regardless how tired you are tho.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
You literally confirmed what I'm trying to say haha... its not the caff, it's mental (exhaustion or lack of) that makes the difference. Obviously if you take it and wait it's gonna be hard regardless how tired you are tho.
I can wake up and go back to bed if I don't drink coffee.
if i wake up and have a coffee I won't go back to bed. I will lay there for hours upon hours.

If I don't drink coffee or caffeine at night.. Ill pass right out
If I drink a coffee later at night ill be up forever and won't be able to sleep

Again you may be used to more caffeine/stims then most people (or myself) so anytime I take in any form of caffeine it keeps me up for a long duration. Just like how woody can take an espresso and pass right out. I myself just get hammered by caffeine. Hell I get a buzz off drinking a diet coke which is like 50mg caffeine.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
So after finally getting home through the disaster that is Atlanta traffic now that the main highway into and out of the north of the city is closed this afternoon, I decided to really put Quake to the test...

Due to yesterday's alarm faux pas and then hectic and long day, I never did get my normal workout in. And since we do not skip leg day, I added it to today.

Full. Double. Workout.

Started off with 1.5sc Quake at the normal 35-40min pre and went into yesterday's legs hyper. The lifts went as expected with general intensity high and focus on point as normal.

I mixed up a solid intra with another .5sc of Quake, a scoop of ergonine, and 7g bcaas to drunk late in the first and through the second workout (push power).

No rest between them and the transition between the two was very smooth. I was very impressed that through the entire second workout, I was able to keep my focus and intensity within I'd say 5-10% of my normal max, with weights and reps staying at or just barely below their normal in a single session.

I finished the two full workouts in just under two hours which was great as I was able to keep abnormal pace and not slow through the second workout even though it was a strength focused one. Energy and focus were solid all the way through and while I can definitely say I was spent by the end, there was still no crash or comedown post workout. Just the normal slow taper off into the evening.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Dieting on a double session and maintaining your intensity and strength?
That is what I am talking about!!!!!!

JAMES1980

JAMES1980

Awards
I can wake up and go back to bed if I don't drink coffee.
if i wake up and have a coffee I won't go back to bed. I will lay there for hours upon hours.

If I don't drink coffee or caffeine at night.. Ill pass right out
If I drink a coffee later at night ill be up forever and won't be able to sleep

Again you may be used to more caffeine/stims then most people (or myself) so anytime I take in any form of caffeine it keeps me up for a long duration. Just like how woody can take an espresso and pass right out. I myself just get hammered by caffeine. Hell I get a buzz off drinking a diet coke which is like 50mg caffeine.
Me too. I cant sleep after drinking coffee but my partner drinks a large glass of black coffee before sleep.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Dieting on a double session and maintaining your intensity and strength?
That is what I am talking about!!!!!!
Yeah this was incredibly impressive and I think truly speaks volumes to the MENTAL aspects of what Quake has brought for me. The last few days meals have been small and I've actually been even further under my cals than planned just due to time constraints. Have had 3-4 shakes each night just to get cals up since dinners were out and I wanted them to stay relatively clean, which means volume and total cals will always be way lower (nobody offers the "2000cals of chicken and broccoli platter" haha.

I attribute the fact that I was able to keep my intensity up mostly to the focus and motivation that Quake has given me consistently. I'm surprised as this level of focus has only shown for 1-2 other products I've ever taken so needless to say, this is exceptional for me.

I know Driven2lift has said he hasn't felt this nearly as much so I'm curious why it seems to hit me so hard. I haven't seen other logs tho so outside of ours I'm not sure if others have had closer to mine or his reactions.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Yeah this was incredibly impressive and I think truly speaks volumes to the MENTAL aspects of what Quake has brought for me. The last few days meals have been small and I've actually been even further under my cals than planned just due to time constraints. Have had 3-4 shakes each night just to get cals up since dinners were out and I wanted them to stay relatively clean, which means volume and total cals will always be way lower (nobody offers the "2000cals of chicken and broccoli platter" haha.

I attribute the fact that I was able to keep my intensity up mostly to the focus and motivation that Quake has given me consistently. I'm surprised as this level of focus has only shown for 1-2 other products I've ever taken so needless to say, this is exceptional for me.

I know Driven2lift has said he hasn't felt this nearly as much so I'm curious why it seems to hit me so hard. I haven't seen other logs tho so outside of ours I'm not sure if others have had closer to mine or his reactions.
Ive followed over 15+ logs now. Focus has been one of the major aspects that people have seen in Quake. Theanine can be hit or miss with some people. Not everyone responds very well to it, so he may be an outlier to it.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Just finished up pull power today and man, I'm really feeling the effects of yesterday. My weights and reps were absolutely ranking in the later sets of almost every exercise (even the 3 set ones). Really struggled to get anywhere near my normal reps.

Recovery with lower cals is clearly starting to catch up after the intensity from yesterday. I think I can also rule out Quake making much of a true difference in my recovery as welll at this point since cals haven't gotten lower, but soreness between workout and general exhaustion late in them is beginning to take hold.

I would refeed today but this week is going to be a mess of travel as I have to be in 4 cities in 4 days so I'm not sure how many workouts ill get in. Next weekend I'll almost certainly refeed tho.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
You're probably guessing right that the deficit is catching up but fingers crossed it was a fluke and you kill your next lift sir

What are your refeeds looking like when needed?

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
You're probably guessing right that the deficit is catching up but fingers crossed it was a fluke and you kill your next lift sir

What are your refeeds looking like when needed?
It depends... I've done both "dirty" refeeds which are pretty much just double my cals, hit a certain min of protein and then whatever I want, lower in fat. Cookies, cereal, whatever. Other times I've gone very controlled with classics like oatmeal, toast, bagels, rice to keep it cleaner.

I hardly notice any difference in terms of effects so I tend to go a bit dirtier because it's more fun.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
It depends... I've done both "dirty" refeeds which are pretty much just double my cals, hit a certain min of protein and then whatever I want, lower in fat. Cookies, cereal, whatever. Other times I've gone very controlled with classics like oatmeal, toast, bagels, rice to keep it cleaner.

I hardly notice any difference in terms of effects so I tend to go a bit dirtier because it's more fun.
you forgot the missing piece of information.
You got like a years supply of oreo's and cereal too :)

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
you forgot the missing piece of information.
You got like a years supply of oreo's and cereal too :)
Not so much cereal but enough Oreos and pop tarts for the zombie apocalypse haha. We ready :)

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Went into yesterday's workout with lowered expectations based on the day before, as well as the fact that I was still a bit sore from having done legs on Friday (due to the missed workout thurs). Figured I'd do my best and see how that went.

I tried out the full pre exhaust work The Solution suggested and did 4 sets of leg curls of 20/15/12/12 reps (not to failure but good enough for some solid blood flow and a little hurt). Went into squat and started with the weight I used last time for my 3's. I practically jumped out of the hole so I bumped 10lb and went for the rest of my sets which were smooth, tough, but not impossible. Only missed one rep of all 7 sets and it was just a bad bar placement issue that got me off balance. Last set I even added another 10lb and was able to grind out and ugly set ha.

Rest of the workout was normal (which in this case was far better than expected) so I was very happy with that performance. My whole body is sore and tired though now (even my bones feel sore ha) so my off day today is much needed.

Thanks to the bridge collapse my commute to/from the airport in atl is even longer now so my sleep this week is gonna be hard to come by. Hoping all the plane naps help as I'll be in 4 states in 4 days.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Glad to see the pre-exhaust helped, and you had a stellar workout. Thats the goal on trying to improve even in a deficit. Great work!

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Another double workout today due to the mess of a schedule I have the next two days... 2 flights, 8+hrs of driving and all for about 6 total hrs of work.

Push hyper first thing this morning at 5:30a - went with the normal 1.5sc dose as early as possible. Gotta say though, now that I've tried this a few times and dosing as best I can, this is not a good morning pre. It just doinest give you that jump you want to get yourself in gear to get up and out the door. As mentioned, once you're in the gym its all gravy, but due to the complete lack of "kick", this just isn't the optimal use for this.

Afternoon was a late workout as I had just traveled back to ATL (not even getting to go home, just staying at the airport ha) so I went to the closest gym for what shouldve been tomorrows pull hyper workout. I was pretty tired from the day, the travel, being fasted, and just generally done, but wanted to get my deads in so I decided even though it was almost 6:30p that I would go for one scoop to try to get through the tough parts. Overall the workout was not too shabby considering, but I was clearly struggling towards the end. I could tell it was time to call it quits so I did the big stuff hard, tapered down the accessories, and got out of there.

Probably no updates til friday as I'll be busy and on the road a ton so not getting any lifts in.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Surprised you did not have something before a 6:30 PM workout, but then again you do like to eat 1 meal for your own reasoning. Which again is a major aspect to why you won't get the full benefits of the nitrates/pump agents in the product.

Sounds like the cut is catching up to you with the energy and lack of sleep!

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Surprised you did not have something before a 6:30 PM workout, but then again you do like to eat 1 meal for your own reasoning. Which again is a major aspect to why you won't get the full benefits of the nitrates/pump agents in the product.

Sounds like the cut is catching up to you with the energy and lack of sleep!
I never had a chance... was flying/driving all afternoon ha. At this point it's not so much the cut, just life that's making it harder. So little time to get good recovery in.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
My schedule yesterday ended up a complete mess due to the ATL airport being completely f'ed from the storms the day before... flight cancelled, bumped, etc etc which ruined/cancelled my trip to bama. The nice part was that after sitting at the orlando airport for 7 hrs in the morning, I was able to get home and actually just stay there and get my normal workout in at my home gym.

As normal, 1.5sc 35min pre was the standard for legs hyper day. At this point, the results are almost exactly the same each workout, which is stellar as within these few weeks it seems that there has been zero issue with building any tolerance to the effects. Truly a big positive as this makes this a strong contender for a top tier product based on cost:effects.

I have moved all of the remaining scoops into an old amino IV sample jar so that probably means I'm looking at 5 or so more workouts before I'm done. I was going to try out 2 full scoops again, but since there has been no tolerance buildup, I dont see that as a useful trial as it would basically be wasting a half scoop and hurting a workout.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
My schedule yesterday ended up a complete mess due to the ATL airport being completely f'ed from the storms the day before... flight cancelled, bumped, etc etc which ruined/cancelled my trip to bama. The nice part was that after sitting at the orlando airport for 7 hrs in the morning, I was able to get home and actually just stay there and get my normal workout in at my home gym.

As normal, 1.5sc 35min pre was the standard for legs hyper day. At this point, the results are almost exactly the same each workout, which is stellar as within these few weeks it seems that there has been zero issue with building any tolerance to the effects. Truly a big positive as this makes this a strong contender for a top tier product based on cost:effects.

I have moved all of the remaining scoops into an old amino IV sample jar so that probably means I'm looking at 5 or so more workouts before I'm done. I was going to try out 2 full scoops again, but since there has been no tolerance buildup, I dont see that as a useful trial as it would basically be wasting a half scoop and hurting a workout.
Big claims.. Love your honesty here man. This is why I wanted to get a tub in your hands to give it a true test.
Wish you were eating more to get the best benefits of it!

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Big claims.. Love your honesty here man. This is why I wanted to get a tub in your hands to give it a true test.
Wish you were eating more to get the best benefits of it!
Refeed tomorrow!

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Now this will be interesting. The Solution has been waiting for this the entire log :D
If boone decides to have some pre-workout carbs he may get a lot more out of the pre-workout then fasting the entire day. Totally up to him and how he likes to handle his nutrition. Nitrates and pump agents like citrulline will always be enhanced in the presence of carbs. I bet his body would be popping after the dieting he has been doing.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
This weekend was one for the dumpster.

Saturday was pull power and scheduled refeed day, workout went just OK, but weights all felt heavy AF and I was barely scraping by, sometimes with questionable form. I was clearly ready for my refeed...

But then I ended up spending the entire day and half the night finishing the drywall and installation project my gf had signed me up for while I was away and ended up hardly even getting to eat anyhting, let alone a good refeed. I crammed a couple bowls of cereal in there for a few extra carbs, but overall I maybe hit 2k cals and worked my ass off all day so probably negated any extra intake with expenditure.

Which led me to sunday... where instead of having a nice, relatively fed and carbed up workout as soon as I landed in Chicago around 1pm, I got stuck waiting at the airport for most of the morning/afternoon and didn't end up getting to lift until 6:30p... so completely fasted, tired, and carbs were surely almost nil at this point.

Workout was the same as the day before, weights felt heavy (was only able to hit the same weight I hit the week before and for one less rep on squats) and workout was just more of a "lets get it done".

The focus and intensity I get from Quake is still stellar and frankly one of the main reasons I can make it through these "hard" workouts when I'm frustrated with the results. Unfortunately, just cant seem to get things to work out to really optimize the situation due to life/things outside of my control.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Once you get some fuel and food in you, you will feel like a new man.
Eat up!

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Once you get some fuel and food in you, you will feel like a new man.
Eat up!
If only... my weight actually went up this week, then down the day after my mini refeed, then back up again ha. really struggling here mentally as things just are not trending like they normally do for me.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Off day yesterday spent dodging hail after work ha. Spent a few minutes in the sauna to help relax and recover a bit as well.

5:30am workout this morning followed the early workout protocol ive been using of dosing first thing upon waking, getting dressed, driving and such, and hitting the weights roughly 30min later. As mentioned previously, this is not the stim-u-awake type of pre, so you need to ahve the motivation to get yourself to the gym before youll see the benefits. Had a much better workout today though and weights were back where they were expected for my push hyper exercises. Just pushing the weight without it feeling like a ton made a world of difference in my overall drive so the rest of the workout paired with the focus and mood boost from the quake made for a good time.

Have about 1-2 workouts worth left so i'll be wrapping this up around the end of the week. I'll post up a final review consolidating all the uses, doses, and comments from throughout the log as well as a final overall rating.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Good to see things in the right direction.
Get that carb up in before the log ends so you can blow it up one last time :)

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Good to see things in the right direction.
Get that carb up in before the log ends so you can blow it up one last time :)
hella not wasting a carb up eating in my hotel room/out haha. If I eat in the hotel, it sacrifice being able to cook anything good/fun; if i eat out, I lose any chance at a fun volume of food due to price

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
hella not wasting a carb up eating in my hotel room/out haha. If I eat in the hotel, it sacrifice being able to cook anything good/fun; if i eat out, I lose any chance at a fun volume of food due to price
AYCE buffets = Win Win! :)

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Final workout was today. Nothing really special to report from yesterday or today as these are my power deload days so intensity is less as well as volume. That said, the mental sharpness makes it easy to push a little more than normal ha. Final review below.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
FINAL REVIEW:

If you don't want to read all of the detail, here's the short version: this is a great pre that has strong mental aspects (focus, mood, mind/muscle connection) and enough of an energy boost to get and keep you moving even at less than a full dose. Only knock is that to get full doses of everything, the energy/caff was a bit much and actually detracted from the other positives. Overall tho a 9.5/10 and something I will purchase myself in the future.

Taste: watermelon bubblegum is a very unique flavor... think bubblicious gum you had as a kid at baseball practice. I thought I might get sick of the flavor as watermelon seems to be one of those that I tire of after awhile but a full tub down and I still look forward to drinking it. 12oz/sc of water was my personal favorite mix point (extrapolate up or down based on how many scoops you use).

Mix: not one issue ever. Simply swirled around in a glass was plenty to get this mixed. No floaters or grit.

Energy: 1 scoop was plenty for a nice boost or for anyone that isn't particularly stim tolerant. The other ingredients actually help smooth the caff out as well as make it less of a punch and more of a slow taper up and down. There is absolutely no "go" point, or crash. My only negatives are a) this isn't great for an early AM workout since it has no "punch" to it. You will need to get yourself going until the energy hits critical mass. B) two scoops was overkill. This had me overstimmed and took away front the highlight which was focus. My mind was just rapidly darting from thought to thought and that wasn't ideal. 1.5sc was my sweet spot for the best of all worlds and the slow up and down led to some stellar and lengthy energy.

Focus: this was the highlight for me. Maybe the best focus I've had from just about anything, and certainly a product that's not truly geared towards that more than just a bit. Set to set and rep to rep I was totally in the zone. There was zero want to "look around" or really do anything but get lost in my music and lift. Truly impressive. I can't say enough about how much I enjoyed this aspect.

Pumps: in all honesty, I did not get a great chance to give this a fair shake. The first workout where I was totally carbed up was very solid, but due to my diet for most of the rest of the log I didn't get a chance to really have a good carbed workout. With that said, I'll leave the comments to that initial workout, but take them with a grain of salt as that was a) and extreme chest weekend carb up and b) a single situation. I expect there to be good pumps but can't say more than that.

Stamina: throughout the log I was able to maintain and even increase most of my lifts even in a lower carb deficit. I would say that while I don't think anything increases in regards to stamina or recovery, maintaining the level was a positive sign that this was helping. Nothing drastic mind you, but a benefit nonetheless.

Overall/Formula thoughts: if I take the product without looking at the formula, I'd easily say it's near perfect. The impact it had on my performance and mental focus was top tier. That said, due to the fact that many of the ingredients are not fully dosed until you get to two full scoops, I have to ding the formula a bit. I would have liked to see the full doses with a bit less stim level so that I could get all the benefits. I have a tub of stim free on order (if it ever comes ha) and am really excited to try this and be able to control the stims myself.

In short, this is one of my all time favorites that I've tried and that's saying something. Great stuff from Scivation, 1Fast400, and The Solution. Thank you guys for the chance to try this out and rest assured you have a new customer who will purchase on my own (again)!

Let's go pens!

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Solid log and review brother

Lemon Drop is definitely worth trying if you do repurchase

Glad to see it treated us both well even heading into cutting season!

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Appreciate the honesty from day to one the last. Just imagine if you actually ate some food before you worked out. Then your pumps would of been unreal :)

Thanks for all the detail and time in here boone!

The smoothness of the energy was the theannine. It seems you are a huge responder to it to give that real long and streaming energy!