Scivation Quake 10.0 Preworkout Log - Booneman gives it a go

JAMES1980

JAMES1980

Awards
I believe Quake is pefectly suit for me as most of the time i train at 8.30 a.m. and go to office at 10.00 a.m. I got horrible post workout crash last couple of days after i had 2 scoops of Old Jack. I love the dmaa focus but the crash was horrible. I cant even analyze my client's case . Luckily i have a tub of Ruckus and i went double scoop them before i continue my appointments with clients.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I believe Quake is pefectly suit for me as most of the time i train at 8.30 a.m. and go to office at 10.00 a.m. I got horrible post workout crash last couple of days after i had 2 scoops of Old Jack. I love the dmaa focus but the crash was horrible. I cant even analyze my client's case . Luckily i have a tub of Ruckus and i went double scoop them before i continue my appointments with clients.
I cant speak for 2 scoops, but so far, there is literally ZERO crash or even feeling of coming down due to how slowly it takes place. This will totally fit the bill for you.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
1.5 in 18 oz. is your winning mix still Dan?

Hitting 1.5 scoops here soon

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
1.5 in 18 oz. is your winning mix still Dan?

Hitting 1.5 scoops here soon
Yes sir. 12oz/scoop seems to be the ticket so just extrapolate that up or down based on need

JAMES1980

JAMES1980

Awards
Most of the time i eat my meal at 7.00 a.m. (whey protein, peanut butter andnoat), then take my pre workout at 8.00 a.m. Do i need to adjust my meal timing so that to maximise the effect of Quake? Thanks

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Most of the time i eat my meal at 7.00 a.m. (whey protein, peanut butter andnoat), then take my pre workout at 8.00 a.m. Do i need to adjust my meal timing so that to maximise the effect of Quake? Thanks
No thats fine.
I would prefer to see you get some carbs in that meal. That will really help with the pump, nitrates, capros , and citrulline involved in the formula. Unless you are running a keto or no carb based diet.

If you do a lower based carb diet. I would try to split your carbs pre/post and make the rest of your meals as the day goes on P+F based. Try to optimize your training by giving the body what it wants (Glucose/energy/carbs) right around your training and peri workout nutrition.

JAMES1980

JAMES1980

Awards
No thats fine.
I would prefer to see you get some carbs in that meal. That will really help with the pump, nitrates, capros , and citrulline involved in the formula. Unless you are running a keto or no carb based diet.

If you do a lower based carb diet. I would try to split your carbs pre/post and make the rest of your meals as the day goes on P+F based. Try to optimize your training by giving the body what it wants (Glucose/energy/carbs) right around your training and peri workout nutrition.
Thanks !

My macros is 250g Protein and 300g Carbs. I spread them equally for 6 meals.

Just one thing i have to learn is that, i always use very little water (about 2-3 oz) to shoot down my pre workout. I gotta learn to drink more water for Quake.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Thanks !

My macros is 250g Protein and 300g Carbs. I spread them equally for 6 meals.

Just one thing i have to learn is that, i always use very little water (about 2-3 oz) to shoot down my pre workout. I gotta learn to drink more water for Quake.
I would aim for 8-12oz.

With your carbs I would do something like 50g pre and 50g post, then split it up as you wish later in the day.
You could even toss in 50g with some form of a powdered carb (HBCD, Waxy maize, Dextrose) during your workout, which would give the body exactly what it wants during training, and reduce from food later in the day.

Just make sure you get around 30-50g pre and if you can squeeze in 30-50g intra workout. Should make a world of difference not only for the quake, but for your pumps, endurnace, and performance.

JAMES1980

JAMES1980

Awards
I would aim for 8-12oz.

With your carbs I would do something like 50g pre and 50g post, then split it up as you wish later in the day.
You could even toss in 50g with some form of a powdered carb (HBCD, Waxy maize, Dextrose) during your workout, which would give the body exactly what it wants during training, and reduce from food later in the day.

Just make sure you get around 30-50g pre and if you can squeeze in 30-50g intra workout. Should make a world of difference not only for the quake, but for your pumps, endurnace, and performance.
Thanks man!

Ya, i am taking 50g Protein , 50 g Carbs pre and another 50g Protein, 5og Carbs Post. My post workout carbs is Machine Carbs or Glycoject.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Thanks man!

Ya, i am taking 50g Protein , 50 g Carbs pre and another 50g Protein, 5og Carbs Post. My post workout carbs is Machine Carbs or Glycoject.
take those carbs intra-workout, and have a post-workout meal with 50g of carbs from whole food

So..
50g carbs pre
50g powder carbs (machine carbs/glycojet) intraworkout
50g carbs post (whole food like pre ---> Oats, potatoes, rice, quindoa .. etc)

reduce 50g of carbs from another meal later in the day.

JAMES1980

JAMES1980

Awards
take those carbs intra-workout, and have a post-workout meal with 50g of carbs from whole food

So..
50g carbs pre
50g powder carbs (machine carbs/glycojet) intraworkout
50g carbs post (whole food like pre ---> Oats, potatoes, rice, quindoa .. etc)

reduce 50g of carbs from another meal later in the day.
Wonderful! Will give it a shot once i got my Quake.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Wonderful! Will give it a shot once i got my Quake.
The goal of any trainee is to put yourself in an optimal environment. When you train what do you dispose of? Glucose, BCAA's, Glutamine. Protein is broken down and carbs are utilized as energy.

Therefore quake gives you BCAA's, your adding extra carbs to help sustain energy and performance. The carbs will also illicit a nice pump with the proper dose of citrulline, capros, and arginine nitrates.

I just ask if you do set it up this way, run it for a week, and see how it treats you and your training and how you react in all aspects.. energy/focus/pump/performance.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Adding more water into your day will help the pumps too. Carbs draw water to help fill out muscles as well so being well hydrated will give you even greater pumps as well as general performance.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
So, I had my first "bad" experience with Quake 10.0 yesterday... in short 2 scoops was just too much.

As normal, took my 2 20min pre, same 12oz/Sc of water. Energy began to build in the same slow controlled manner it always has, however, it just went too far. By about my 3rd set of deads I was just flying. Not cracked out per se, but just having trouble sitting still, antsy between sets, rushing lifts and having form breakdown due to it, and just generally feeling over stimmed.

Don't get me wrong, it was not "bad" energy, but it took away from the normally stellar focus by just making me force things too fast and being in a rush.

There was still no crash and I would say it was a good 4+ hours before I really came down. I felt "good but energized" about 3hrs post dose so it really took awhile to come down.

Definitely will not be going up to 2 for a few weeks at least as stim tolerance clearly isn't too high now.

Went back to 1.5 today for power legs and that was spot on. Great energy, focus and all around performance.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
This now brings me to my one gripe with Quake 10.0 which is that I cannot get the full dose of many ingredients. This is unfortunate for anyone that can't handle the stim level because the formula would be perfect otherwise.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
This now brings me to my one gripe with Quake 10.0 which is that I cannot get the full dose of many ingredients. This is unfortunate for anyone that can't handle the stim level because the formula would be perfect otherwise.
at 1.5 you are damn near close to the suggested doses, it will be a very minor increase with an extra 1/2 scoop.
Surprised you could not handle 350mg caffeine especially with that being the only real stim factor. I think you have tested some heavier stuff in the past and did fine even with an additional DMAA or DMHA (not sure on either).
The good thing is it did not cause a crash. Which seems to not be an issue with about 99% of the loggers.

Its good to see you tested your limits, but now know where the sweet spot is. Not to mention you are having some productive workouts at 1.5 scoops so rock it out. If you have some bulk citrulline or peak 02 around you could toss it in. Hell even some agmatine pre-workout would aid your pump a bit if you got that lying around.

Hell I had a logger who wanted to try 3 scoops. God bless their soul lol.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
at 1.5 you are damn near close to the suggested doses, it will be a very minor increase with an extra 1/2 scoop.
Surprised you could not handle 350mg caffeine especially with that being the only real stim factor. I think you have tested some heavier stuff in the past and did fine even with an additional DMAA or DMHA (not sure on either).
The good thing is it did not cause a crash. Which seems to not be an issue with about 99% of the loggers.

Its good to see you tested your limits, but now know where the sweet spot is. Not to mention you are having some productive workouts at 1.5 scoops so rock it out. If you have some bulk citrulline or peak 02 around you could toss it in. Hell even some agmatine pre-workout would aid your pump a bit if you got that lying around.

Hell I had a logger who wanted to try 3 scoops. God bless their soul lol.
Yeah I've been very low stim for the past 4 months, including 2+ stim free so my tolerance is not what it has been for a long time. Towards the end of a cut I'm always at that triple scoop and nap level haha

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Yeah I've been very low stim for the past 4 months, including 2+ stim free so my tolerance is not what it has been for a long time. Towards the end of a cut I'm always at that triple scoop and nap level haha
Oh my!
So your the guy who can drink a bang and fall asleep?
Have mercy on your soul sir!!!

Do you have any bulk powders on you by chance? Citrulline, Agmatine, Peak02? If so you could prob just add 2g of Citrulline or toss in 750mg Agmatine to get the full pump factor in there. Nitrates will still be pretty high.

I don't even want to know the worst your stim tolerance ever got. I have seen some people take upward to 700mg-1g in a sitting and it barley effected them. That blows my mind!

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Oh my!
So your the guy who can drink a bang and fall asleep?
Have mercy on your soul sir!!!

Do you have any bulk powders on you by chance? Citrulline, Agmatine, Peak02? If so you could prob just add 2g of Citrulline or toss in 750mg Agmatine to get the full pump factor in there. Nitrates will still be pretty high.

I don't even want to know the worst your stim tolerance ever got. I have seen some people take upward to 700mg-1g in a sitting and it barley effected them. That blows my mind!
I take agmatine daily as a staple. 500mg morning, pre, and twice with meals in the evening. Don't have any cit or peak tho.

Worst I ever remember was accidentally taking 400mg caff, 50mg ephedrine hcl, and 50mg yohimbine all within 10min... I mistakenly took my normal dose (half of each) and then forgot what I was doing and grabbed another dose... then fell asleep waiting for my gf to get out of the shower haha. It was bad.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I take agmatine daily as a staple. 500mg morning, pre, and twice with meals in the evening. Don't have any cit or peak tho.

Worst I ever remember was accidentally taking 400mg caff, 50mg ephedrine hcl, and 50mg yohimbine all within 10min... I mistakenly took my normal dose (half of each) and then forgot what I was doing and grabbed another dose... then fell asleep waiting for my gf to get out of the shower haha. It was bad.
50mg Yohimbine?
how you did not get cold sweats or shakes from that is beyond me
Kudos sir.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
50mg Yohimbine?
how you did not get cold sweats or shakes from that is beyond me
Kudos sir.
Yeah I know. I've never gone anywhere near that since then. Took a month off after that cold turkey. Rough first week that time so I've made sure to never let it get that bad again

Tylerclee

Tylerclee

Awards
  • Established
booneman77 you'll have the tolerance next week lol your cns says it's a blessing in disguise though.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
booneman77 you'll have the tolerance next week lol your cns says it's a blessing in disguise though.
haha as soon as I start adding some stims throughout the day (the only stim Ive used is in the quake) in the form of fat burners and such, it'll go up pretty fast. What I need to keep an eye on is to not bump stims just to keep the "feels" and only when the effects seem to taper off. Just going by how juiced I get doesn't mean they dont work for more than that stimulation factor.

Off day today so nothing to report later.

Gotta see if the new barrier I built for the pooch actually keeps her and doesnt get destroyed since this is her first full day alone since the move... hoping theres no carnage when I get home

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Push hyper yesterday with 1.5sc

this was after a doc's appt for my annual physical (annual as in I havent been to a doc in 12yrs ha) so I had nothing in me at all except water pre (no bcaas or anything).

1.5 is definitely the spot I enjoy the most. Energy is plenty (for now), focus is legit (this is far and away the highlight of this run so far for me), and overall "feels" are just good (mood, etc).

As my diet hasn't really had me over 100g carbs (and most of that from fibrous sources) in over a week now, pumps have subsided almost completely. Even with additional 500mg agamatine, theres really nothing to speak of (which is to be expected). Even super high rep or fst-7 type sets dont do anyhting more than give a temporary slight fullness that lasts 5min or less. As weight hasn't been moving too quickly, I'm going to stick to the current macros and just soldier on. After my next refeed day (whenever that may be) I will get a chance to see the difference.

Tomorrow and fri I will be doing early AM workouts (5-5:30am or so) like I do when I travel and starting tues of next week I will be hitting the road almost constantly for the next month. Workouts will mostly be early morning and sleep will be at a premium again so hopefully a morning dose of this still treats me as well as the afternoons have.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Limiting yourself to nothing but veggies is the culprit for no pumps absolutely

If weigtloss is stalling a refeed may be what you need to get the job rolling again man.

Plus who doesn't want some Oreos and Quake for the Anabolic gains! :)

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Limiting yourself to nothing but veggies is the culprit for no pumps absolutely

If weigtloss is stalling a refeed may be what you need to get the job rolling again man.

Plus who doesn't want some Oreos and Quake for the Anabolic gains! :)
Its not stalling, just starting slow (which is probably for the best since for once I havent slashed cals very hard at the start)

a refeed after 1.5weeks is NOT the slightest bit necessary at this point, especially considering that I ate 5-10k cals every day on my cruise and then 5k+ the weekend my gf came down before I started... diet break + refeed was well done ha.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Its not stalling, just starting slow (which is probably for the best since for once I havent slashed cals very hard at the start)

a refeed after 1.5weeks is NOT the slightest bit necessary at this point, especially considering that I ate 5-10k cals every day on my cruise and then 5k+ the weekend my gf came down before I started... diet break + refeed was well done ha.
Yeah being a glutton does not help at all
Keep those Kcals as high as possible but crazy your on nothing but veggies so early into a cut

Your gonna be on bikini girl calories when it's all said and done :(

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Yeah being a glutton does not help at all
Keep those Kcals as high as possible but crazy your on nothing but veggies so early into a cut

Your gonna be on bikini girl calories when it's all said and done :(
My whole life is bikini girl cals ha... My "offseason" got me all the way up to whopping 1900 with a 1 refeed day at 3500ish... eating veggies for most or all carbs is literally the only way to get any satiating volume.

Plus I love veggies anyways so its not a chore for me to destroy some broccoli and a side of veggie stew

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
First morning workout with Quake 10.0:

Got up at 5:15a this morning, mixed my quake up as I was getting ready and took it about 5:45. Started my lift about 6:10.

Energy - while I absolutely love the slow controlled buildup of energy, its definitely not ideal if you're dragging ass in the morning. This will NOT give you the swift kick to get your motor going. If you can push through any grogginess or generally just motivate yourself to get into the gym, you'll be good to go since the energy and focus are spot on at 30+min and beyond. One easy fix would be to add something with a quick kick to it (like yohimbine or ephedrine) and go from there. Taper the dose of Quake down if needed.

Workout was legs hyper (front squats... the worstttttt). I really felt good even tho I only slept like 5 hrs, and I could tell a difference in the pump being much closer to my last meal (finished eating about 11:30p so a MUCH shorter fast). As expected, nothing crazy since carbs are still pretty low, but a noticeable fullness was apparent at the end of the workout for sure.

As I type this (~10am) I am still feeling some of the effects of Quake + workout endorphins. Mood is high (which it was in the absolute dumpster last night so this is a welcome turn) and energy is tapering off, but still better than a normal 10am day, even with good sleep (which last night was NOT).

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
So the energy is about 4 hours.. That is pretty damn good.
Do you think you could of handled 2 scoops right upon waking and out of bed?
Since you noted the loner release try taking it another 15-20 minutes earlier so you are ready to rock and roll when you hit the gym. May put you right where you need to be to get under the bar and start squatting with full energy.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
So the energy is about 4 hours.. That is pretty damn good.
Do you think you could of handled 2 scoops right upon waking and out of bed?
Since you noted the loner release try taking it another 15-20 minutes earlier so you are ready to rock and roll when you hit the gym. May put you right where you need to be to get under the bar and start squatting with full energy.
2 scoops was just too much during a workout and took away from the focus aspects. It wasn't that it "kicked", it was just prolonged overstim.

I dont think dosing earlier will really help alleviate this because it the difference between a shocking "punch in the face" to wake you up, and a slowly building alarm that gets louder and louder until it wakes you. Just a different type of energy. Dosing earlier (unless I take it about 20min before even getting out of bed - which I've done in the past with other things to make the entire process of getting out of bed easy ha) will still not give a "jolt".

That said, I'll try it out tomorrow and see anyways. I've been pleasantly surprised with a good bit of things with Quake thus far, so there's hope!

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
2 scoops was just too much during a workout and took away from the focus aspects. It wasn't that it "kicked", it was just prolonged overstim.

I dont think dosing earlier will really help alleviate this because it the difference between a shocking "punch in the face" to wake you up, and a slowly building alarm that gets louder and louder until it wakes you. Just a different type of energy. Dosing earlier (unless I take it about 20min before even getting out of bed - which I've done in the past with other things to make the entire process of getting out of bed easy ha) will still not give a "jolt".

That said, I'll try it out tomorrow and see anyways. I've been pleasantly surprised with a good bit of things with Quake thus far, so there's hope!
Based off what your telling me and how this creeps up on you. It may be optimal for you to do this given your schedule and the early AM Lift. Just trying to customize what will be best for you to get the best kick out of Quake and give you the best workout.

Now... While I have only tried quake once (Since i sent all my stuff away for reviews) i can't comment too much because you guys have much more experience and workouts under your belt then I do. But just trying to take what your writing and provide my best advice.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Based off what your telling me and how this creeps up on you. It may be optimal for you to do this given your schedule and the early AM Lift. Just trying to customize what will be best for you to get the best kick out of Quake and give you the best workout.

Now... While I have only tried quake once (Since i sent all my stuff away for reviews) i can't comment too much because you guys have much more experience and workouts under your belt then I do. But just trying to take what your writing and provide my best advice.
Yep I hear ya. I just hate interrupting what little sleep i get by having to wake up just to dose something and then go back for a mini nap ha.I only do that usually when I'm dying at the end of a cut and know i wont get out of bed if i dont wake up with a buzz... the "i dont even open my eyes to take this stim bomb and nap til it kicks in" stages

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yep I hear ya. I just hate interrupting what little sleep i get by having to wake up just to dose something and then go back for a mini nap ha.I only do that usually when I'm dying at the end of a cut and know i wont get out of bed if i dont wake up with a buzz... the "i dont even open my eyes to take this stim bomb and nap til it kicks in" stages
I'm just impressed you can wake up in the am, make your pre, and go back to sleep

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I'm just impressed you can wake up in the am, make your pre, and go back to sleep
nah, I mix it the night before and put it as close to my alarm as possible, which is as close to my bed as possible ha... just kinda half roll, take a swing at the snooze button, and chug the pre without ever opening an eye.

Also, I fall asleep in like .00001sec flat even when I havent been asleep ha. When I decide its time to sleep, I sleep (even if its in the middle of the afternoon and I slept all night). Its a talent that translates very well to my current travel heavy job ;) plane rides = nap time 100% of the time

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Dosed 1.5sc a few min before rolling out of bed this morning (push power)... Really nothing to comment on since it was as expected. By the time I got to the gym (45+min later due to having to get some stuff handled with the dog before leaving), this was kicked in, but as expected with the slow, tapering energy, I never really got a "boost", just kind of slowly built up until it hit its normal peak.

Lifts went well, and as usual focus was stellar. Almost too good as I currently have a lot on my mind and really tend to zone into my own head between sets and things that have been bugging me are just being mulled over constantly. That said, when its time to rep out again, I'm 100% in on that, so that's the plus side of it.

So far, I haven't really noticed much in terms of additional reps or sets beyond what I normally see. I expect this is somewhat due to not getting quite the full dose of some ingredients. At best, rest times might be a second or two shorter, but without truly taking time intervals (which I never do so I wouldn't have a baseline as I just go when ready) theres no way to tell. Frankly, a small increase would be explicable simply by having added caffiene alone so really nothing special on this front.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Dosed 1.5sc a few min before rolling out of bed this morning (push power)... Really nothing to comment on since it was as expected. By the time I got to the gym (45+min later due to having to get some stuff handled with the dog before leaving), this was kicked in, but as expected with the slow, tapering energy, I never really got a "boost", just kind of slowly built up until it hit its normal peak.

Lifts went well, and as usual focus was stellar. Almost too good as I currently have a lot on my mind and really tend to zone into my own head between sets and things that have been bugging me are just being mulled over constantly. That said, when its time to rep out again, I'm 100% in on that, so that's the plus side of it.

So far, I haven't really noticed much in terms of additional reps or sets beyond what I normally see. I expect this is somewhat due to not getting quite the full dose of some ingredients. At best, rest times might be a second or two shorter, but without truly taking time intervals (which I never do so I wouldn't have a baseline as I just go when ready) theres no way to tell. Frankly, a small increase would be explicable simply by having added caffiene alone so really nothing special on this front.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer

Lets also consider your dietary intake as another factor on to why you may not see additional weights & reps. Have you changed the cardio you do, have you changed any intensity techniques in your routine? You could consider throwing a few of these in and also monitored how fast you complete your cardio, or if you were able to add intervals without sacrificing your intensity? Could be another way to gauge how the product is working (Peak02/Capros).

While 1.5 scoops again is not anything near off a full dose, its so minimal to make a drastic difference (1.5 to 2 scoops in the ingredient profile).

Just some more food for thought on ways to gauge the product and the workouts. It is not always about sets and reps.. Increased time under tension, shorter rest periods (which you say may be cut down slightly), better mind muscle connection, keeping intensity higher for longer periods of time... these are also things that play a factor and show progress.

needless to say.. The duration of your focus and energy is what shocks me the most. That is great for someone in a deficit who needs a long steady stream of energy to focus on not only their lifting, but if you do long durations of cardio following or prior to exercise.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Lets also consider your dietary intake as another factor on to why you may not see additional weights & reps. Have you changed the cardio you do, have you changed any intensity techniques in your routine? You could consider throwing a few of these in and also monitored how fast you complete your cardio, or if you were able to add intervals without sacrificing your intensity? Could be another way to gauge how the product is working (Peak02/Capros).

While 1.5 scoops again is not anything near off a full dose, its so minimal to make a drastic difference (1.5 to 2 scoops in the ingredient profile).

Just some more food for thought on ways to gauge the product and the workouts. It is not always about sets and reps.. Increased time under tension, shorter rest periods (which you say may be cut down slightly), better mind muscle connection, keeping intensity higher for longer periods of time... these are also things that play a factor and show progress.

needless to say.. The duration of your focus and energy is what shocks me the most. That is great for someone in a deficit who needs a long steady stream of energy to focus on not only their lifting, but if you do long durations of cardio following or prior to exercise.
Not doing any cardio yet so my lifts are the only gauge that I have. I use drop and other set extending things regularly so those have been factored in to my statements.

Diet is the same as it has been anytime in the past so diet/training are essentially non variables in this run since I've run both the training and diet many times before.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Not doing any cardio yet so my lifts are the only gauge that I have. I use drop and other set extending things regularly so those have been factored in to my statements.

Diet is the same as it has been anytime in the past so diet/training are essentially non variables in this run since I've run both the training and diet many times before.
You may notice the Peak02 and Capros play an aspect on your cardio. I have had a lot of people who used Peak02 find that the cardio is the shining aspect of that ingredient and they notice the greatest change in that department. So again something to consider.

Anyone in a deficit though ... don't expect lifts , reps, and weight to increase just because your taking X or Y Supplement.. that is unless it is the real good stuff :)

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
You may notice the Peak02 and Capros play an aspect on your cardio. I have had a lot of people who used Peak02 find that the cardio is the shining aspect of that ingredient and they notice the greatest change in that department. So again something to consider.

Anyone in a deficit though ... don't expect lifts , reps, and weight to increase just because your taking X or Y Supplement.. that is unless it is the real good stuff :)
My programming and diet actually usually allow me to continue to gain or at a min maintain strength so yeah, I can ha.

And again, not doing cardio.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
My programming and diet actually usually allow me to continue to gain or at a min maintain strength so yeah, I can ha.

And again, not doing cardio.
I understand, but you have to remember a lot of the feedback we see with Peak02 (since it is in quake) they find a huge significance and change in their cardio due to that ingredient. Just saying you may get more out of peak02 on a cardio front then lifting front. MidwestBeast was one who really caught this with his basketball games compared to his lifts. I have also seen people who run half marathon's praise the stuff, but if you don't want to gauge it at all with cardio to each their own. Just throwing it out there.

diet at 1800 to gain on lifts.. brah..

:)

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I understand, but you have to remember a lot of the feedback we see with Peak02 (since it is in quake) they find a huge significance and change in their cardio due to that ingredient. Just saying you may get more out of peak02 on a cardio front then lifting front. MidwestBeast was one who really caught this with his basketball games compared to his lifts. I have also seen people who run half marathon's praise the stuff, but if you don't want to gauge it at all with cardio to each their own. Just throwing it out there.

diet at 1800 to gain on lifts.. brah..

:)
its gotten me from a 345 pull to a 405 in under a year without ever consistently going over 1900... cant say its great, but it sure works for me

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Tbh if you changed your diet or routine for a new product you couldn't contribute the effects to the product. Would skew the feedback

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Tbh if you changed your diet or routine for a new product you couldn't contribute the effects to the product. Would skew the feedback
Not asking him to change it, simply giving suggestions. Because as a company when we see feedback and what works we want to know if this individual has tried it and their honest feedback, on what could make things better.

Dietary wise.. Do nitrates, citrulline, and pump agents work better on someone who is 16-18 hours fasted or those who have food & Carbs in them? We both know the answer to that. Given his overall intake and how low his calories is, for him it may not be feasible due to work schedule and caloric allowance. Not to mention how he likes to set up his eating pattern off 1 meal a day.

Some people get jack off training, but some may be able to add 1-2-3 intervals at the same intensity and VO2 output. MidwestBeast found it attributed much more to his basketball games the same with bbartsche, then to their workouts. I have seen it help marathon runners improve their times and long distance endurance. I have had a few track athletes improve their sprinting times while using peak02.

Training wise: I have also seen a few people record they can add 2-3 sets without feeling any fatigue set in. They could add an addition drop set and no change in intensity has dropped. I have a lady I train with in contest prep for a show, with the only changing factor recently was adding in peak02 and her workout performance increased the last 3 weeks with no dietary changes.

As long as he is honest, runs the product, and records his thoughts I am 100% cool with it.
The one thing I respect most about Boone is he does not sugarcoat anything.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Last two days have been pretty much par for the course. Pull power yesterday and legs today.

Same dosing (1.5). I did try out some different timings tho just to see.

Yesterday: 10min pre - definitely a noticeable difference here as the focus was nowhere near peaked at the start of my lift. With the way I have my power exercises at the start this is a no-go for me going forward. I'd say it was around set 3-4 (of 6) before I really felt "focused".

Today: 40min pre- this actually was very nice. Since the energy never "hits" you, there was none of that "in wasting the energy, HURRY" feeing to get into the gym. From set 1 I really felt great and actually added 10lb to my sets because my core bracing and form just really felt "on point". Going forward, especially for power days, I think I will bump my dosing a bit earlier like this.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Seems to be the energy is slow and steady and then BAM It hits you.
How is the endurance and pump treating you on the product? Anything to note as far as recovery goes?

Have you ever tried pre-exhaust work before moving into your compounds to warm up the muscles? I have found it helped me greatly in adding size and also priming my muscles before the main exercise. Just to get the blood flowing

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Seems to be the energy is slow and steady and then BAM It hits you.
Not at all... that's what I'm trying to stress is that there is NO "bam" moment... it's slow and steady through the buildup, peak, and comedown. If you want "BAM", that's not what this gives at all.

How is the endurance and pump treating you on the product? Anything to note as far as recovery goes?
Endurance has been good. Really not much to comment on for power days since the focus is one max weight and not endurance or speed. Hyper days would be where it would make a bigger difference but I can't honesty say I've noticed anything above normal. Recovery has also been standard. I rarely get sore so outside of sheer fatigue going into the next workout, this is hard to judge for me. I certainly have not been more sore, even with replacing a pre dose of bcaas with Quake (since there are some in there anyways I wouldn't expect any drop off).

Have you ever tried pre-exhaust work before moving into your compounds to warm up the muscles? I have found it helped me greatly in adding size and also priming my muscles before the main exercise. Just to get the blood flowing
I do some very light isolation work on before my main lifts to get the blood flowing but not true pre-exhausting. I wouldn't want to pre exhaust on power days for sure but I could give it a go on hypers.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Not at all... that's what I'm trying to stress is that there is NO "bam" moment... it's slow and steady through the buildup, peak, and comedown. If you want "BAM", that's not what this gives at all.
I rather see you have steady energy then a BAM or a Crash. From your writing it seems like it builds up to its peak, did not know if there was a pinnacle or a point where it was super strong where it felt like it smacked you in the face. Again I have not had much experience with quake, so I try to soak up all the info I can from loggers. You guys have more cracks at it then I do.

Endurance has been good. Really not much to comment on for power days since the focus is one max weight and not endurance or speed. Hyper days would be where it would make a bigger difference but I can't honesty say I've noticed anything above normal. Recovery has also been standard. I rarely get sore so outside of sheer fatigue going into the next workout, this is hard to judge for me. I certainly have not been more sore, even with replacing a pre dose of bcaas with Quake (since there are some in there anyways I wouldn't expect any drop off).
As long as there is no drop off in energy/endurnace I would say that is a good added benefit.

I do some very light isolation work on before my main lifts to get the blood flowing but not true pre-exhausting. I wouldn't want to pre exhaust on power days for sure but I could give it a go on hypers.
I know it may seem counter-productive for true pre-exhaust. But I will state this I have had my best lift and hit my PR's with a true pre-exhaust movement (multiple straight sets, or even some intensity techniques) prior to moving to bench/squat/deadlift.

For example Thursday I did 6 sets of leg curl
50 x 15, 65 x 15, 80 x 12, 95 x 12, 110 x 10, 125 x 10, then did 140 x 10 --> 110 x 10 --> 80 x 20
then moved into squat
135 x 10, 225 x 10, 315 x 8 then hit 365 for 5 (which was very easy) and will likely go to get 6-8 this week as 5 was an increase from the week prior. Again just something to try. While it may be outside of your comfort zone you can consider it.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I rather see you have steady energy then a BAM or a Crash. From your writing it seems like it builds up to its peak, did not know if there was a pinnacle or a point where it was super strong where it felt like it smacked you in the face. Again I have not had much experience with quake, so I try to soak up all the info I can from loggers. You guys have more cracks at it then I do.

As long as there is no drop off in energy/endurnace I would say that is a good added benefit.

I know it may seem counter-productive for true pre-exhaust. But I will state this I have had my best lift and hit my PR's with a true pre-exhaust movement (multiple straight sets, or even some intensity techniques) prior to moving to bench/squat/deadlift.

For example Thursday I did 6 sets of leg curl
50 x 15, 65 x 15, 80 x 12, 95 x 12, 110 x 10, 125 x 10, then did 140 x 10 --> 110 x 10 --> 80 x 20
then moved into squat
135 x 10, 225 x 10, 315 x 8 then hit 365 for 5 (which was very easy) and will likely go to get 6-8 this week as 5 was an increase from the week prior. Again just something to try. While it may be outside of your comfort zone you can consider it.
Hmm i might have to. Curls before squats have always been what I do anyways just for the ham/glute activation as I notice I sit into the hole better when I've warmed up with them. I'll give it a shot next weekend