SAMe as a liver protectant

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
I've definitely heard of this a few times.. And i'm wondering, what kind of doses are we talking for the liver protection benefits?

bLacKjAck.

bLacKjAck.

Lift Heavy
Awards
  • Established
SAMe is the ABSOLUTE best liver protectant out there. I would say 400mg/day should be sufficient.

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
SAMe is the ABSOLUTE best liver protectant out there. I would say 400mg/day should be sufficient.
So, 400mgs on empty stomach ED, along with 1000mgs of Milk Thistle ED sound ok?

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Should be excellent though pricey. I love SAMe but the costs of dosing 400 mg or more per day gets up there.

Throw in a little NAC as well..it's cheap and effective.

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
200 to 400 mg per day on an empty stomach.

bLacKjAck.

bLacKjAck.

Lift Heavy
Awards
  • Established
Would this dose also be sufficient while on a methyl cycle... Like Havoc.
Yes, I would say 400 JUST to be safe. Especially when running a methyl. That is the dose I am running on my upcoming cycle.

And like YR said, make SURE its on empty.

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
Ok. On empty for sure, I'll take it like 1/2 hour before breakfast.
edit: Ok to take the same time as havoc.. Like for both to go down the hatch at the same time.

bLacKjAck.

bLacKjAck.

Lift Heavy
Awards
  • Established
Ok. On empty for sure, I'll take it like 1/2 hour before breakfast.
edit: Ok to take the same time as havoc?
I don't see why not, as long as its taken on an empty stomach. Although, I don't know when Epi/Havoc is BEST absorbed, I would think with EFA's or a whole food meal. Granted, I am not positive on this. But yes as long as you take SAMe on an empty stomach you should be fine.

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
I don't see why not, as long as its taken on an empty stomach. Although, I don't know when Epi/Havoc is BEST absorbed, I would think with EFA's or a whole food meal. Granted, I am not positive on this. But yes as long as you take SAMe on an empty stomach you should be fine.
I don't really know what to think on the whole Havoc absorption thing. I've read so many conflicting things.. So for now i'm sticking to on an empty stomach.. And thus far its been working.. So I don't know man.. Someone should do a nice little study on this and let us all know for sure. That would be nice.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Havoc is a methyl so absorption is not a concern whether taken with food or without.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Can someone tell Nutraplanet to carry this stuff in bulk??? (Or Custom, for that matter.)

The cheapest place I've seen is Sam's - 50 caps (400 mgs) at like $36. (Maybe $33 or $39 - it ends in a mutiple of 3 is all I remember.)

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
I think it's hard to source the good stuff as somebody still has a patent on it. I'd love to see it in bulk...good for you in many ways.

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
Can someone tell Nutraplanet to carry this stuff in bulk??? (Or Custom, for that matter.)

The cheapest place I've seen is Sam's - 50 caps (400 mgs) at like $36. (Maybe $33 or $39 - it ends in a mutiple of 3 is all I remember.)
Sam-E is very fragile. It will degrade quickly if exposed to moisture. That's why most forms that are sold have each pill in its own sealed foil pouch. I don't think this one is succeptable to bulk sales.