Rugger1's MOST AWESOMEST SHRED-MATRIX VIDEO LOG

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
Of the food that you bought, how much is left?
LOL a lot of it. I bought way too much. All I really needed for the first 24 hours would have been 2 gallons of a liquid carb and one small tub of powerade mix. The second day just more of the same and maybe throw in some pasta and other stuff. I'm gonna do one more huge carb meal tonight for good measure. I'll try to keep track of what I put in it.

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
kick to the groin never fails:thumbsup:

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
I feel like a huge douche not updating enough. It's been a crazy week, though. My birthday was a few days ago which means drunkness, too much golf, etc etc.

I'm moving back to my condo at school either today or tomorrow so I'll be able to update a bit more. Sorry again guys.

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
I feel like a huge douche not updating enough. It's been a crazy week, though. My birthday was a few days ago which means drunkness, too much golf, etc etc.

I'm moving back to my condo at school either today or tomorrow so I'll be able to update a bit more. Sorry again guys.
:nono:

You good bud, don't worry about it. Happy belated birthday and good luck with the rest of this stellar video log.

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
That's life, we understand. Your thread brings a much needed break from the norm - so kudos for that!
BTW, what is your M.O.S.?

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
Oooo....political science and international policy

flexwell666

Awards
wow, how did i sleep through this up until now? this is the best log ever!!!

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
Day 20:

Another great shred matrix day. First day back at the old gym. Lots of good looking women but also lots of 'tewls'. Anyways, I dosed at about 11 am and worked out at about 3. Strength was still great. Normally at the end of my 'back' day I do biceps and I'll start with incline curls with 35lbs because my biceps are usually already shot. Today I was easily able to do 45s even though I had a grueling main workout that consisted of a total of 40 wide grip BW pullups, 4 sets narrow grip pull downs and 4 sets db rows. Definitely felt great as I was leaving the gym. So far my favorite part is still the appetite suppression but a close second is the euphoria caused by the 5htp. Good stuff!

Tomorrow I doubt I'll be working out. I've gotta go over to campus and pass out flyers to freshmen on their 'freshmen move in day'. Gotta recruit some new meat for the rugby squad!

Until the next update, adios.

Last edited:

Highlanda01602

Awards
  • Established
YES
GOTZ THAT 5HTP!!!

awesome videos, just caught this... nice STi btw, I'm currently rockin' out with an 05 WRX. ENJOY DA REST OF DA 5HTP WOOOOO

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
Mini carb up this weekend. I cheated big time on tuesday so we aren't going full blown. BTW, mini-carb-up= big time drunk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tim1985

tim1985

Awards
  • Established
Wow how have i missed this????!!!!!! Your one crazy funny mofo Rugger! Consider me subbed!

tim1985

tim1985

Awards
  • Established
big time drunk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Me too. I'll raise one for ya man!:drunk:

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
I think shred matrix might prevent hang overs. I took a dose at about 8pm, started drinking at like 930. I drank soooooooooo much and I'm not hung over one bit.

Botch

Botch

Awards
  • Established
Day 20:

Another great shred matrix day. First day back at the old gym. Lots of good looking women but also lots of 'tewls'. Anyways, I dosed at about 11 am and worked out at about 3. Strength was still great. Normally at the end of my 'back' day I do biceps and I'll start with incline curls with 35lbs because my biceps are usually already shot. Today I was easily able to do 45s even though I had a grueling main workout that consisted of a total of 40 wide grip BW pullups, 4 sets narrow grip pull downs and 4 sets db rows. Definitely felt great as I was leaving the gym. So far my favorite part is still the appetite suppression but a close second is the euphoria caused by the 5htp. Good stuff!

Tomorrow I doubt I'll be working out. I've gotta go over to campus and pass out flyers to freshmen on their 'freshmen move in day'. Gotta recruit some new meet for the rugby squad!

Until the next update, adios.
Nice Rugger, I didn't know that you play rugby. I'm probably going to be playing this year. I went to a couple practices last week and loved it. I still don't really know wtf I'm doing out there though because I don't even know the rules yet, lol. Still, it was some fun shlt.

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
Nice Rugger, I didn't know that you play rugby. I'm probably going to be playing this year. I went to a couple practices last week and loved it. I still don't really know wtf I'm doing out there though because I don't even know the rules yet, lol. Still, it was some fun shlt.
Main Entry:
rug·ger
Pronunciation:
\ˈrə-gər\
Function:
noun
Etymology:
by alteration
Date:

British : rugby; also : a rugby player

epyon49

epyon49

Awards
man this log is hilarious. its one of the reasons it made me join and stopped being a lurker. props to rugger :thumbsup:

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
Main Entry:
rug·ger
Pronunciation:
\ˈrə-gər\
Function:
noun
Etymology:
by alteration
Date:

British : rugby; also : a rugby player
I'm not a huge fan of rugby but i love to watch Scotland play. It can be so brutal at times :D

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
Day 22!

First cardio of the log/summer.....blah....
Dosed this morning at about 11 after being crazy hungover. About an hour later I got around to eating breakfast while watching some golf. It's been a few days since I've golfed myself so I'm beginning to go through withdrawals. Anyways, after being a fatass for a few hours I decided I needed to pucker my ass up and get to the gym. Had a pretty productive shoulder workout utilizing DB press with 85s, rear delt pec-deck, standing rows, front raises with 45 plate and finally several sets of shrugs with 315 and then a couple 'stretch/faux-shrug' sets with 405. It feels like to get the erectors working again, but I still miss deadlift and squat.

Anyways, workout was good, energy was great as usual, even for being hungover and exhausted before dosing. I came back to the condo, watched more golf for about half an hour and decided it's time I get my fat ass back in real shape, so I went over to campus to do some cardio. I stretched for about 30 minutes since I am really tight from not doing any running all summer. It was GREAT seeing all the new freshmen girls out walking around in bikini tops with nothing to do. Anyways, I got around to running and only ran a mile, but it was easier than I expected. I think I ran it in about 8 minutes. I'm not positive though as I seem to have misplaced my ironman watch. Anyways, so on a positive note the matrix might have helped me get through my cardio. I can't say for sure, though, because I didn't do a 'constant' run without any matrix. Either way, I was pleasantly surprised even though I have a long ways to go to get back in the kind of shape I was in, cardiovascularly, at the end of this past spring semester. Oh well.

So I have officially 1 week left. I'll be doing cardio everyday from now until then to maximize the time and dosings I have left.

Until next time......

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
Day 24!

Phew! Another very challenging day for the shred matrix gods. Woke up extremely hung over at about 1045 am. Dosed at about 11 and ate breakfast at about 12.
Come 1 oclock, and nothing on TV, I convince myself that instead of an off day I can go do some biceps/triceps/cardio at the gym. At this point, since I just ate, I didn't pack any BCAA water. Big Mistake.

On the way to the gym I noticed that it had stopped raining. It was raining all morning. Curiously, the route from my condo to the gym takes me right past a golf course. Big Mistake.
Before I know it, I'm in the clubhouse paying for a round. Big mistake! Fortunately, or unfortunately, I had all of my golf gear in my trunk ready for an emergency round.
Now, I normally would spring for a cart, but I decided not to today since the walking would be my only exercise. Big mistake.

I played the round by myself and started at about 130, an hour and a half after my breakfast. 5 HOURS LATER I finish having only had about 2 cups of water between then and breakfast.
The good news is, beyond being really thirsty, sore, cold etc, I wasn't hungry at all. Returning home I decided that it was too late in the day to take a second dose. I obviously ate some food immediately when I returned home, but at about 8pm holy crap was I craving anything and everything. My room mate brought back home made cinnamon rolls. Talk about temptation.

Bottom line, shred matrix help up against yet another challenging and real life situation. I probably would have sprinted to the club house by about hole 9 and downed at least 6 hot dogs without the matrix. Lesson learned!

PS- Cutting has never been this easy and enjoyable for me before this log. After 3 weeks with this ish I can safely say that I will DEFINITELY be taking advantage of the fire sale over at muscle pharm. Before I went over there and looked i was thinking, meh, probably 15-25% off. HA. Thankfully I did check as it's way more than that.

PPS- I apologies for the lack of video. It's been a busy week moving back in at school, getting drunk, etc. I'll try and put at least 1 or 2 videos together before this jazz is over.

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
Today is the end of week four and hence the last day of this log. I haven't updated much this week with the new semester beginning but I haven't been without progress.

I will update again and post a final review text/video probably tomorrow night or in the next few days.

Stay tuned.

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
Today is the end of week four and hence the last day of this log. I haven't updated much this week with the new semester beginning but I haven't been without progress.

I will update again and post a final review text/video probably tomorrow night or in the next few days.

Stay tuned.
Good Job so far rugger, looking forward to your final review.

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
Gonna drag this out a bit more and wait until I flatten out to finish the log out

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Good review, good log, good premise (video), good work Rugger.

This is something I'm really interested in trying.

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
Dang. VERY nice closing. hahaha! Funniest vids ever as well!

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
Final Review​

Well, the most awesomest video log has now come to an end and I had a great time. The first two weeks of the log were great and with the second two weeks came the first two weeks of the fall semester; they were great as well.

As I always like to do, I'll be posting the claims that the manufacturer makes about the product and then I'll comment on each of those claims before coming to a final grade.

From the MP website:

• Eliminates Sugar and Sweet Cravings: I can safely say that this claim held true. If some of you remember, there was about a 2 week delay from the time I thought I would be recieving Shred-Matrix and the time I actually did receive it. During these two weeks I ate like a friggin dumpster; whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted it. Cookies, icecream, sugary cereal and regular peanut butter were the norm. As you can imagine, coming off a diet like the one mentioned above would be pretty difficult as far as cravings go. With Shred-Matrix, the diet transition was flawless and as easy as it could have been. From the first dose, cravings were gone. No craving of sugar whatsoever.

• Appetite control Matrix: This is another attribute of Shred-matrix that should be trumpeted. The appetite suppression was absolutely insane. If any readers have been following along, you all know that I have some days that really put Shred-Matrix to the test. At points, however, I felt as if the suppression was too much because I regularly forgot to eat. This is obviously an error on my part and nothing against SM, just be weary of this if you buy a tub! Another note for you anabolic dieters: This stuff or something like it IS A MUST. I had absolutely ZERO carb cravings during my low carb days. Can you say easy dieting? Shred-Matrix can.

• Increase in Lean Muscle Tissue; Here's one where I felt Shred-Matrix faltered. I can't say that I gained any muscle over the past month, but that is expected at a severe deficit. I can say, however, that in many exercises I maintained strength and in several others my strength increased noticeably. I don't know about you but I don't know many fat loss supplements that allow for continuing progress in strength. Bottom line, I lost NO strength and increased strength on several movements.

• Reduces Absorption of Sugar and Bad Carbohydrates: Obviously I cannot truthfully comment on this as there is no way for me to check in on the absorption of sugars and carbs in my body, however, I did drink whenever I wanted to while on a low carb diet and I did manage to lose a few pounds of fat, so take it for what you will.

• Complete Fat Loss System: Well this is the bottom line isn't it. I can say that I did lose fat with Shred-Matrix and my anabolic diet. I surely would have lost fat without Shred-Matrix, but how easy would it have been? Well, let me tell you this. I've attempted the anabolic diet before and failed miserably! Haha. I have never been able to deal with firstly the cravings, and secondly any sort of caloric deficit. I'm going to honestly say that if it weren't for this supplement I wouldn't have made it through this diet. I didn't even feel like I was dieting over the past month even though I have been taking in 2200-2400 calories and less than 20g carbs daily at 200+ pounds.
Closing Remarks:
I am seriously lucky to have tried this stuff. I honestly wasn't expecting much of anything different from the other 'fat burners' that I've tried, but I was extremely impressed. I am always skeptical of supplements as I have previously mentioned in my other logs, and this log was no different. Luckily for me I was blown away. This isn't just me trying to puff of some product or company, I am being completely truthful and unbiased.

As I mentioned in my final video, those looking to diet and cut some fat owe it to themselves to try Shred-Matrix and based on the quality of this product I'd encourage people to try the complete line of of MusclePharm supplements. I know I am already a Shred-Matrix user for life at minimum.

Thanks for tagging along and dropping in comments.

Until next time,
Rugger

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
PS- Since I carbed up this weekend I look like ****. I'm going to hopefully drive home on Thursday so I can be flattened out and take pics at the same location as my initial pictures.

HOLLA!

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Real innovation at play with this log - funny as hell, but at the same time honest and informative.

Loving your work Rugger - look forward to your next piece of art!

Cheers, JKP

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
Thanks mate. Got some ideas rolling around for the next log. Gotta decide what I want to run first, though!

tim1985

tim1985

Awards
  • Established
I think MP should sponsor Rugger to do another log! :dance:

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
Thanks to you guys. People following along definitely makes it easier to update!