Road to a lean redemption

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Easiest way i think i CAN approach it is, meet my protein requirements of at least 1g/lb BW, fats at .45g per/lb and rest from greens and a nice chunk of Sweet potato with no fat post workout.

which brings me to next question. Olive oil or coconut oil?

cutting ALL WHEY and NUTS tomorrow.
yah as long as you're a) gettng 30% of your cals from fat and b) trying to get a deversified amount of poly unsaturates, saturates, and monostaturates to maintain a good balance of fats. Your calculator should tell you that too...

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
No it didn't...saturated is gonna come from my grass fed beef and turkey mince.
Mono from olive oil/avacado
Poly from fish oils..................

Set...thanks DW

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
No it didn't...saturated is gonna come from my grass fed beef and turkey mince.
Mono from olive oil/avacado
Poly from fish oils..................

Set...thanks DW
Sounds good .. www.fiday.com will break the fats down, it's a bit of a pain to start but ok when you have your diet set up.

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
Myfitnesspal is NOT myfitnesspal!!!!!

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
which brings me to next question. Olive oil or coconut oil?
I would get a healthy amount of fat from a number of different sources, fish oils with Omega 3-6-9's are gonna always be the best IMO!!!

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
I would get a healthy amount of fat from a number of different sources, fish oils with Omega 3-6-9's are gonna always be the best IMO!!!
Examples bro?

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Examples bro?
Salmon, flax seed oil, NOW vitamins makes a Omega 3-6-9 gel cap, I'm sure DW can come up with a few more from natural foods!

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
Salmon, flax seed oil, NOW vitamins makes a Omega 3-6-9 gel cap, I'm sure DW can come up with a few more from natural foods!
Food over Supps man for me...seeing better results too...
Thanks heaps

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
Well, arms were MURDERED this morning.
Pump, and lactic acid...crazy!!!!
Had to change to correct form as I didn't fully understand the workout list that my trainer gave me. Showed me how to do it with proper form. Boy did it hurt!!!!

Cliff notes:
After lunnch, i got up out of my seat, and I felt warm headed and light on feet. Maybe not enough food????

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
week3.jpg

***notes: got the proper technique: screaming biceps
** last set of inline hammer curls was failure
Food:
Breakfast: Same as yesterday, using up rest of my turkey. Will be beef on Thursday
Lunch: 160g cooked chicken breast, 30ml olive oil, large mixed greens salad+fav dressing (apple cider+mustard)
Dinner: 300g grass fed steak, 100ml coconut milk, 200g rockmelon, 50g peaches, 50g apple,80g strawberries
NOTES:
Used fruit tonight with cinnamon to try and increase serotonin levels to help with sleep and GH production, may even burn fat

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well, arms were MURDERED this morning.
Pump, and lactic acid...crazy!!!!
Had to change to correct form as I didn't fully understand the workout list that my trainer gave me. Showed me how to do it with proper form. Boy did it hurt!!!!

Cliff notes:
After lunnch, i got up out of my seat, and I felt warm headed and light on feet. Maybe not enough food????
could be a combination of thngs, hard work while dieting etc ... if you feel light headed a small amount of carbs can take care of that. I bit of orange juice is good as it works fast.

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
Thanks man.
Feeling very good though. Today is off day. Gonna go for a run when I get home From work.
Do a 35min jog at certain Heart rates.
Will log it up. Need a physical rest from gym today. Besides, 3 days on 1 off suits me Perfect.
Will keep food tight today. No fruit even though it is paleo.

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
week3.jpg

Just went to gym today...didnt wanna come home...least at training, im honest to myself and the results i want. Can't be judged there. Best of all, mothers can't annoy you with questions when you not home. Back to chest fasted in the AM...

still no visual changes in the mirror.
Gets ya down after 3 weeks and no real change
but will fight the fight and see another day...thanks guys for hanging in my log...means a lot :)

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You should be seeing some significant chages by now with your diet the way it is...

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
Nope.
Food intake is accurate, water at 1gallon a day at least. Sleep is ok. 6 1/2hours Minimum.
Trying to think wtf is going wrong

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nope.
Food intake is accurate, water at 1gallon a day at least. Sleep is ok. 6 1/2hours Minimum.
Trying to think wtf is going wrong
What does the scales say...

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
Post that in the morning. Like
To Weigh in (if I do) first thing empty Stomach.
Would you recommend a creatine that doesn't retain any water to keep strength?

Energy is still amazing!!!!XT is the shiz bro! See why Punjabi liked it!!!!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Post that in the morning. Like
To Weigh in (if I do) first thing empty Stomach.
Would you recommend a creatine that doesn't retain any water to keep strength?

Energy is still amazing!!!!XT is the shiz bro! See why Punjabi liked it!!!!
Creatine Nitrate is good for pre-workout. I heard it from a little bird that we may be making huge strides the that department in the future. shhh I might have said too much....

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
I smell a log haha...doing well guys!!!really improving and putting out some good products.!!!!'n
Nitrate only needs about 750mg for a pump yeah?
Mix that and agmatine! Wow!!!

Mkretz has dibs before me hahah...thanks for the support DW

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
Weight is 79.3kg
Lost 400g in 3 weeks....

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Weight is 79.3kg
Lost 400g in 3 weeks....
Look here ya Damn Aussie... ENGLISH!!!
Don't go making your readers have to google and convert and do math...
Weight is (79.3 x 2.2 =) 174.46 Lbs Lost 90.4 x 2.2 =) 0.88 Lbs in 3 wks
Just remember, Next time....

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
Sorry Doc...we use kg's hahah
Lbs...what are they...sounds foreign language...

So it's not that much really

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Oh that creatine and workout product read up on the new Ignite 2 on our breaking news thread, it will give you instant wood!!

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Subd! Plan to use this stuff to start and finish my summer cut. Interested in your results bc we both do similar things!

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Damn bro less than a pound in 3 weeks? I could lose apound in a 3 hours if I wanted haha... Hmm maybe underlying issues with the skinny fat... I am the Same body type. Crazy thing- I took one week off from lifting last week. Did two low intensity cardio sessions of 7-800 cals each. No dietary changes. I lost 4 pounds that week and looked noticeable bigger and fuller.... Maybe u need a little lay off ? It was my first in over a year! Now ive scheduled one every 6-8 weeks....

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Damn bro less than a pound in 3 weeks? I could lose apound in a 3 hours if I wanted haha... Hmm maybe underlying issues with the skinny fat... I am the Same body type. Crazy thing- I took one week off from lifting last week. Did two low intensity cardio sessions of 7-800 cals each. No dietary changes. I lost 4 pounds that week and looked noticeable bigger and fuller.... Maybe u need a little lay off ? It was my first in over a year! Now ive scheduled one every 6-8 weeks....
Yah hard to say what is wrong his diet looks very good...I wonder ihe threw in some big refeeds once a week, ift aht might kck his metabolism a bit...

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yah hard to say what is wrong his diet looks very good...I wonder ihe threw in some big refeeds once a week, ift aht might kck his metabolism a bit...
Definitely always helps me... They have to be really needed though otherwise it could take me aweek to burn it off :/ which I
Currently goingthrough now.. Note to self: do not refeed FOLLOWING an off week. I find it best to refeed after my highest
Volume week.. Then restart my training / deplete cycle. Does he have enough rest days? Cortisol could just be sky high... I was shocked to lose weight on my off week.. Body is a strange thing

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
thanks guys.
Well im starting Lean Gains as of Last NIGHT. dinner was finished by 8:20pm...had a fruit and carb refeed at dinner. Sleep very nicely...lots of blueberries and cinnamon.
workout went well...Gettin some veins through my shoulders...looked swole this morning doing chest and back. followed by a 5km run in 20:35minutes...

Lunch is at 1pm..sipping on my monster amino's @ 10g every 2-3 hours.
Will be grilled fish (no flour-gluten intolerance) with lots of salad, and tonight is probably Salmon and ill close of at 8pm, and get ready for bed by 11 and at gym at 7am tomorrow for LEGS...grueling leg day. Will post up results a little later...

I figured, as im not losing much weight, im retaining most, if not ALL my muscle. My strength had not decreased, BUT, i want to lose some weight/fat so its a weird situation hahahah...
Good to have you in Camillo for my ride...its awesome...

Energy in GYM was INSANE..loving the fasted workouts with PRO XT-500...really feel the surge...Beta alanine to buffer my pain and cit mal to help with endurance along with cordygen v02...sweet as stack...

Any thoughts you guys wanna add as to how i can better my APPROACH TO LEAN GAINS???

Thanks Guys

-Chris

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
thanks guys.
Well im starting Lean Gains as of Last NIGHT. dinner was finished by 8:20pm...had a fruit and carb refeed at dinner. Sleep very nicely...lots of blueberries and cinnamon.
workout went well...Gettin some veins through my shoulders...looked swole this morning doing chest and back. followed by a 5km run in 20:35minutes...

Lunch is at 1pm..sipping on my monster amino's @ 10g every 2-3 hours.
Will be grilled fish (no flour-gluten intolerance) with lots of salad, and tonight is probably Salmon and ill close of at 8pm, and get ready for bed by 11 and at gym at 7am tomorrow for LEGS...grueling leg day. Will post up results a little later...

I figured, as im not losing much weight, im retaining most, if not ALL my muscle. My strength had not decreased, BUT, i want to lose some weight/fat so its a weird situation hahahah...
Good to have you in Camillo for my ride...its awesome...

Energy in GYM was INSANE..loving the fasted workouts with PRO XT-500...really feel the surge...Beta alanine to buffer my pain and cit mal to help with endurance along with cordygen v02...sweet as stack...

Any thoughts you guys wanna add as to how i can better my APPROACH TO LEAN GAINS???

Thanks Guys

-Chris
Just don't shy away from food on wd's as this will keep your metabolism moving, what did I say 2600 for you on wd's... and 1600 nwd's lets see how that goes. You may want to shorten the nwd eating window for comfort reasons.

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
Will do...nwd is all veggies and protein and fat
Wds is post workout carbs/protein and rest meals protein/ veggies...

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
week3_session2.jpg

this was yesterday's workout (Friday). Heavy weights have stabilised and my foundation is stronger. 2 weeks till my proper CUTTING PHASE so i can't wait.
Started LGains and its really good.

keeping the aminos up in a 1pm til 8:30pm window. 1 scoop LG science BC+EAA's every 2 hours after waking. Tomorrow, i will take 5g pre w/out with my beta alanine, pro xt,cit mal and cordygen and 30 mins post w/o after i am properly hydrated with water mixed with a little bit coconut water.
Don't feel so heavy now and its only been 2 days...wish i tried this way a lot sooner... thanks guys for helping me with a timetable...kick ASS

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
View attachment 52954

this was yesterday's workout (Friday). Heavy weights have stabilised and my foundation is stronger. 2 weeks till my proper CUTTING PHASE so i can't wait.
Started LGains and its really good.

keeping the aminos up in a 1pm til 8:30pm window. 1 scoop LG science BC+EAA's every 2 hours after waking. Tomorrow, i will take 5g pre w/out with my beta alanine, pro xt,cit mal and cordygen and 30 mins post w/o after i am properly hydrated with water mixed with a little bit coconut water.
Don't feel so heavy now and its only been 2 days...wish i tried this way a lot sooner... thanks guys for helping me with a timetable...kick ASS
Once you reach a comfort zone on LG it's smooth sailing, just adjust as needed...

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
Yeah... The BCAAs cut the appetite, but pro XT- 500...thumbs up during my fasts. Making it a breeze

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah... The BCAAs cut the appetite, but pro XT- 500...thumbs up during my fasts. Making it a breeze
Oh that's nice to hear, and in truth no fat burner is going to take scads of fat off your body, yes they help with a little extra fat burn no doubt. The appetite suppression, stim and feeling of well being are instrumental. You don't want too much appetite suppression though cuz you still have to eat and quite a lot on wd's in a short time. So if there ever was a time to take a second pill it would be only on burn days when on Lean gains...

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
Weight went from 79.3 to 77.1 over 3 days doing LG.
Booooooom!!!!!

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Weight went from 79.3 to 77.1 over 3 days doing LG.
Booooooom!!!!!
Give me some details on how your doing ya fasting and eating.
What are you eating and your eating times.
I tried LG and had no energy and was hungry often.

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Give me some details on how your doing ya fasting and eating.
What are you eating and your eating times.
I tried LG and had no energy and was hungry often.
It takes some time to get past the hunger pains. Best advice Is to sleep through as much as u can

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Don't believe me??
I work odd shifts and dont have much time for a lot of sleep.

1 day I'm working morning next day could be evenings/nights :(

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
Harsh times Azza!!
My day is 16/8. BCAA at 9 and 11am.
Start at 1pm finish 8-9pm. Today I'm training Arms in the afternoon. Dinner by 8pm.
For my first meal, should I have my sweet potato?its a 1 meal pre workout.
Training is at 5:30pm so burn fat, do I need to at my potato?

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
week4.jpg

Sorry about no update yesterday...
Needed a day AWAY from it all...still followed LG and loving it..PRO XT-500 making it a breeze. Really feelin' this and continue the thumbs up...
Energy is there, focus is good. One prob is i feel the "1,3 giving me somewhat "limp". Given it wil be a month, a my gf is cool with it, its not that big a deal, but i would cycle off it for 4 weeks before using again.
gotta keep her happy to ;)

Need to get my hands on G8 for sleep. It is a bit jaded at moment which kinda sucks...but i think i have it nailed down as to why i can't sleep that great at the moment.

Pre training 6:00am- 5g BCAA (lg science)+Beta Alanine, cre-02, taurine and cit mal + Pro XT 500 + cordygen v02 ultra
Training: 6:45am-8:30am
Post training: 10g bcaa (1 serve) at 9am and 11am

12 noon- Pro XT-500 + 400mg ALA
1 pm 1st meal: Salad bowl + 180g chicken with my fav dressing+100g sweet potato (orange) (am i to late to dose carbs now? will it lead to fat gain)
4:30pm snack: 120g grass fed biltong with 2 oz nuts
7:30pm dinner (last meal): 150g grassfed beef mince + 400g veggies + 150g chicken breast + 1 oz nuts

water intake 5.5litres.

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I didn't know 1,3 could do that.... Makes me wonder if my long term use Is causing less than desirable effects...

As for diet. Sweet pot are undoubtedly healthy. However, ppl like us r just TOO insulin intolerant... I would just use veggies in place of that potato.. It could really hinder fat loss IMO. I have to be really low to no starchy carbs to get shredded, period. Go for broccoli or spinach, lots of it! My favorite is oven roasted broccoli and zucchini rubbed w seasoning n olive oil, nice n crunchy!

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
I didn't know 1,3 could do that.... Makes me wonder if my long term use Is causing less than desirable effects...

As for diet. Sweet pot are undoubtedly healthy. However, ppl like us r just TOO insulin intolerant... I would just use veggies in place of that potato.. It could really hinder fat loss IMO. I have to be really low to no starchy carbs to get shredded, period. Go for broccoli or spinach, lots of it! My favorite is oven roasted broccoli and zucchini rubbed w seasoning n olive oil, nice n crunchy!
Yeah man...carrots???no good? I buy the steam fresh bags with cauliflower broccoli and carrot (200g)... Would you still eat carrots???

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah man...carrots???no good? I buy the steam fresh bags with cauliflower broccoli and carrot (200g)... Would you still eat carrots???
Yep. Almost any veg.. Peas n corn r pretty starchy but other than that I can't think of anything else I would limit right now

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
Done...best BCAA while cutting? I'm
Almost out...gotta ask Nutra to add to order.........

Least flavoring/chems....and the ratio???