Rise in total testosterone after thyroid medication

cumkwakka

Awards
  • Established
Hi

I am curious if there are people here who had adrenals treated, with low normal test levels (400 ng/dl in my case).

THEN added in Armour or other thyroid medication..

And there total testosterone level has risen?

Any people who experienced this on this board?

Because you read all the time, first adrenals, then thyroid, then testosterone (if still low).

Thanks!

Shootist

Shootist

Awards
Hi

I am curious if there are people here who had adrenals treated, with low normal test levels (400 ng/dl in my case).

THEN added in Armour or other thyroid medication..

And there total testosterone level has risen?

Any people who experienced this on this board?

Because you read all the time, first adrenals, then thyroid, then testosterone (if still low).

Thanks!
After taking Synthroid for 2 years my total Test. went from 247 (241-857?) to 320. Better number but little or no improvement in hypogonadal symptoms.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
After taking Synthroid for 2 years my total Test. went from 247 (241-857?) to 320. Better number but little or no improvement in hypogonadal symptoms.
You must have lots of patience.
Waiting for two years and knowing that your testosterone is in the gutter all this time.

Shootist

Shootist

Awards
You must have lots of patience.
Waiting for two years and knowing that your testosterone is in the gutter all this time.
I was led to believe that the hypothyroid was the root cause of my symptoms. I'm lucky that I kept after it. :frustrate

spinn

Awards
  • Established
has synthroid ever helped anyone.....other than drug companies and drs?

Mr.50

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Bro I can definatly say that after working on getting my adrenals back on track then upping my dosage of Armour from 2grains to 3.25grains very slowly my total and free test has increased. I have also noticed though that my estrogen has increased which is likely caused by increased aromatase activity from the increased thyroid levels. Both my T4 and T3 (free) are in the upper middle range (closeer to the top of range) so getting adrenals and thyroid squared away is definatly a help for some people.

Mr.50

cumkwakka

Awards
  • Established
Bro I can definatly say that after working on getting my adrenals back on track then upping my dosage of Armour from 2grains to 3.25grains very slowly my total and free test has increased. I have also noticed though that my estrogen has increased which is likely caused by increased aromatase activity from the increased thyroid levels. Both my T4 and T3 (free) are in the upper middle range (closeer to the top of range) so getting adrenals and thyroid squared away is definatly a help for some people.

Mr.50
Thanks! This kind of story gives me hope!

Do you have actual numbers on tests for me please, then i see the increases ;) (including estradiol)

Were you high or low estradiol to begin with and did you take hydrocortisone and DHEA alongside your thyroid medication?

Thanks for your time.

Mr.50

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Thanks! This kind of story gives me hope!

Do you have actual numbers on tests for me please, then i see the increases ;) (including estradiol)

Were you high or low estradiol to begin with and did you take hydrocortisone and DHEA alongside your thyroid medication?

Thanks for your time.

I'll dig out the test results and post. My estradiol was alway in the middle of the normal range and test seemed to be very variable throughout the day, sometimes in a decent range and sometimes at the bottom of the range (no time correlations). TSH seemed low enough on 2grains but free T4 and T3 levels were still in the bottom half of the range. I did not take hydrocortison but I did (and still do) take Cytozyme-AD which is bovine adrenal extract (high quality) as well as a herbal adrenal prep and Reset-AD. Basically a really intense and comprehensive adrenal regimine. It has worked well. Oh also lots of B vitamins and Vitamin C! Then after about a month or so on that regimine I started to increase the thyroid and kep having blood tests to get to the right blood levels of free hormones. Then the test levels and a lot of the symptoms seemed to right themselves.

Mr.50