results from the FDA supplement tests for the BB.com Raid so far.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Is that a board member that died on AM?

* nevermind. search is my friend.:)
Ooops... sorry, I think I typed faster than I thought. I was laying out a possible scenario with the illicit compound included in said product.

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
Ooops... sorry, I think I typed faster than I thought. I was laying out a possible scenario with the illicit compound included in said product.
thats how rumors get started D.........lol

jason79

Awards
Unfortunately, this is totally irrelevant. Bodybuilding.com and its associated vendors were not charged with distributing "steroids" - or more broadly, scheduled substances - but rather, for the production, distribution and sale of unapproved drugs across state lines.
You're absolutely correct in that targeted companies and retailers are being charged with sale of unapproved drugs. However I've seen confusion on the boards with people thinking that the issue at hand is the sale of illegal drugs (in this case anabolic steroids). I think that the distinction is relevant because if these were in fact scheduled substances, I can imagine that the response from law enforcement on a local, state and federal level (in the form of the DEA not FDA) would be much more forceful. Also more parties could be involved. Sites that sold scheduled substances in the past could be charged and consumers knowingly purchasing them would be taking a risk.

I agree with your more recent post where you say that the FDA will regulate the supplement industry through imposing stricter manufactering guidelines. This was put into place back in June, 2007 to my knowledge. It has been implemented and enforced incrementally according to the size of the company. The smallest companies (consisting of 5 or less employees) will be held to these standards by June of 2010. I might be mistaking, but I think there is also a bill that has already passed the house that would substantially expand the FDA's power. So I do agree that in the future supplement companies of every sort will be under greater pressure to conform to strict guidelines and won't get away with the things that they can now.

dpfisher

Wait a sec bold 200 isn't even on that list right? There's 1 AD, 4AD, and actual bold with the 17b attached, but I don't see the PH on there at all

nynone

nynone

Awards
i haven't read every single post, but i haven't seen anyone mention that the raid could have been due to the fact that bb.com had a sub forum labelled AAS... just throwing that out there.

imo, i think that the raid were due to a possibility of them being a dealer for illegal substances due to the sub forum (or whatever its called lol). i know that in there, there was a section for homebrewing, cycles, pcts, and other stuff about using real gear. does anyone think that this raid may have been due to that? just my 2cents worth.

Al Swearengen

Awards
i haven't read every single post, but i haven't seen anyone mention that the raid could have been due to the fact that bb.com had a sub forum labelled AAS... just throwing that out there.

imo, i think that the raid were due to a possibility of them being a dealer for illegal substances due to the sub forum (or whatever its called lol). i know that in there, there was a section for homebrewing, cycles, pcts, and other stuff about using real gear. does anyone think that this raid may have been due to that? just my 2cents worth.
probably more to do with the fact that they move a lot of supplements so hit the big guys first kind of thing.

De Santo

De Santo

Awards
Please, if congress cared ANYTHING about small business, this healthcare bill and cap n trade bill would have never made it past the senate floor.

This government does not care anything about the common man regardless of the propaganda spewed. The only thing this government cares about is taking control of more and more of our lives.
^^^Well, you summed up my thoughts...it's so sad but true.

nynone

nynone

Awards
probably more to do with the fact that they move a lot of supplements so hit the big guys first kind of thing.
so if they did go for just the big guys first, then what is the reason? thats one thing i haven't been able to find is the reason for the search/raid. one possibility i can think of is the fda/government is trying to remove all these to prevent the few kids coming in to the ER becuase they weren't well educated on what to do.

if thats not the case, then what's the other possibility? i haven't been able to find any plausible reasons throughout the dozens of boards and forums dedicated to bodybuilding (or something near it), or even on any site for that matter. could it be that its an "ongoing investigation" and they dont say anything, possibly. but does anyone have a clue? :wtf1:

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
so if they did go for just the big guys first, then what is the reason? thats one thing i haven't been able to find is the reason for the search/raid. one possibility i can think of is the fda/government is trying to remove all these to prevent the few kids coming in to the ER becuase they weren't well educated on what to do.

if thats not the case, then what's the other possibility? i haven't been able to find any plausible reasons throughout the dozens of boards and forums dedicated to bodybuilding (or something near it), or even on any site for that matter. could it be that its an "ongoing investigation" and they dont say anything, possibly. but does anyone have a clue? :wtf1:
Not quite sure what you mean. All this was explained thoroughly in the released affidavits.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Read the original posters data. These are steroids. They may be unclassified or unidentified as such, as of yet, on any legislation because that is what the industry has done to date - jump the loop holes of the legislation to continue to produce and sell steroids.

Guess what?

Now they have more to add to the list. A steroid is a steroid is a steroid. This warrant has afforded them the opportunity to have in hand what is out there and to identify, classify and schedule it.

I keep saying it and no one wants to hear it - "Keep messing with the FED/FDA/DEA"

"You see what you get Warriors. You see what you get when you mess with Orphans"

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1PVUvphYzg"]YouTube- The Warriors Vs The Orphans Fight (From Movie)[/ame]
this was apart of the AFFIDAVIT w/ the SEARCH WARRANT

leankaio

Awards
While it sucks that all of this is happening, it's interesting to see what some of this stuff actually turns out to be! This proves that purchasing products from a legitimate company is very important. I'm sure people will be scrapping I-Force from their list. Dymeth as SD, and Bold as 4AD? Sheesh.
Those are legit companies. From a different viewpoint, however :trink26:

hardknock

Awards
  • Established

You're saying that you can't understand why the gov stepped in? I'm reallynot following what you are asking on this question.
They didn't step in when bb was moving tons of nettle root, protein and fish oil so this must mean something, surely?

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
Those are legit companies. From a different viewpoint, however :trink26:
I had an odd pm convo with an iforce rep several months ago about dymeth...well maybe it was last yr? Anyway, after that convo, I was pretty much done with them...testobolan was a solid product which I used but now I am questioning what itt actually was. My bloodwork showed off the charts as well as my total test and I was 35 at the time. I was usung dthc but sparingly. The latest batch of testo, I ran with dtp and my free t and total T were no where near the previous..

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
Damn keypad sucks...rewrite...

First batch of testobolan/ and dthc, free t and total t off the charts ... Latest batch of testobolan and dtp, test showed decent rise but no where near that of the previous.. All other factors were equal during both runs.

crowbar46

Awards
  • Established
As for Iforce, notice that there SD was legit; also Dymethazine, it seems to me, might very well test out to be SD as it is essentially two SD molecules attached by an azine bond I believe.

Crowbar

nomoredex

nomoredex

Awards
  • Established
As for Iforce, notice that there SD was legit; also Dymethazine, it seems to me, might very well test out to be SD as it is essentially two SD molecules attached by an azine bond I believe.
yeah thats exactly what it is, but for some reason superdrol works better for people
except azine means an organic compound that has a ring structure like benzene but with one or more carbon atoms replaced by a nitrogen atom.

so dymethazine means
two methylated 6 membered ring compounds with a nitrogen bond

i explained dymethazine here

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/138473-what-dymethazine-d.html

no epistane brand appears!!! Is this a fake one?
its just not their list yet, the original steroid compound is uncommon in the U.S

hardknock

Awards
  • Established

Crowbar
For me, just mo, i feel they were shady. They started out flying pretty high on my list of reputable, but shortly after, shady.

nynone

nynone

Awards
You're saying that you can't understand why the gov stepped in? I'm reallynot following what you are asking on this question.
They didn't step in when bb was moving tons of nettle root, protein and fish oil so this must mean something, surely?
what i was trying to get at was the original terms for the search, not what they had found. sorry for not wording it right, it came out quite odd. one reason i question the gov. stepping in is because without probable cause, there is no legality in the search. plus, the fda doesnt control anything on the market, and the results were done after the products were seized. meaning that in order for the government to take these supps, they had to have reason to believe they were harmful, hence the kids in the hospital analogy. i'm probably looking to far into this, but i just wish i could figure out the cause they had for raiding the warehouse. other than people ending up in the hospital, is there any other reason? i dont see why they would use this, since the people with the major health problems weren't educated. and if the uneducated use by some is the reason for the search, then that means any supplement could essentially be targeted for the same reasons since any supplement can be harmful in excess amounts.

am i looking too far into this? or does this even make sense to anyone else? haha

oldtrucker

Awards
The goverment has only one thing that they are concerned with POWER POWER & MORE F**(KING POWER to controll all and to remove the freedoms that our founders gave us with there BLOOD,There is very little they do and are trying to do that is by the law according to the constition.

nynone

nynone

Awards
wish i had money to buy me some more stackabol, super nox, ripped tabs, and maybe some slim x. hey, at least my guy who i go to isn't too worried for now when it comes to the bans, he's just gonna make hellacash.

now, my only concern is that with these supps possibly becoming illegal, even to posses, there poses a compromising situation. you get searched by chance after picking this stuff up one day (maybe due to a high speeding violation?), and a cop finds it... you're now a felon due to drug possession. i think the classification is bogus since these drugs are harmful, but less harmful than some of the otc drugs on the market.

i mean come on, you have people asking their doctors about about otc and prescription drugs because they saw it on tv, and they barely even have one of the symptoms it MAY treat. to quote robin williams here, "if a side effect is leaking from my a**hole, i think thats more likely an effect!". seriously people, stop watching tv, stop waiting for the miracle pill to shred fat and gain rapid muscle while you tap at your keyboards and wait for it to kick in. sorry for rambling, i'm just tired of the immature public that america has created/generated over this last generation of kids