lab results advice

Ironpirate

Ironpirate

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
A little caber, pramipexole, or inhibit p would be your best bet in my opinion.

lionking999

lionking999

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
A little caber, pramipexole, or inhibit p would be your best bet in my opinion.
I’ll start with inhibit p. I’ll take the safer of the options because although I’ve heard of caber and prami, I know nothing about them. Thank you

lionking999

lionking999

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Did you try Amazon, they usually have inhibit e and p
Renew gave me a link for eBay. I picked up two bottles. I also signed up for a trt clinic to get some actual advice/help because my family doc isn’t cutting it

lionking999

lionking999

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Is my libido/ed problems because of the prolactin or high free test or low shbg ? or all of it?

PhantomReaper

PhantomReaper

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I'm still trying to read what you're taking..doses and Age..??
Z...

PhantomReaper

PhantomReaper

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
My Logic..has kept me out of many situations and potential problems..
And taking another compound to counter a compound causing problems..Well, why not find out what's really causing it..and Drop It..or reduce it to a level that's tolerable..
Above 55, I really measure the Pros vs. Cons..
Just a thought..
Z...

cruze1911r1

cruze1911r1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
How often are you pinning? More frequent administration will help raise shbg. A big shot once or twice per week drives shbg in the toilet. The closer we can get to bio-identical the better for most. I pin my trt 45mg every other day. Check out some of Derek's videos. He does a nice job explaining it. Disclaimer: neither he or I are doctors

lionking999

lionking999

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
How often are you pinning? More frequent administration will help raise shbg. A big shot once or twice per week drives shbg in the toilet. The closer we can get to bio-identical the better for most. I pin my trt 45mg every other day. Check out some of Derek's videos. He does a nice job explaining it. Disclaimer: neither he or I are doctors
My prescription is 160 once a week. about a month ago I started doing split twice a week. I just signed up to a clinic last night so I’m sure they will help me sort things out

lionking999

lionking999

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
My Logic..has kept me out of many situations and potential problems..
And taking another compound to counter a compound causing problems..Well, why not find out what's really causing it..and Drop It..or reduce it to a level that's tolerable..
Above 55, I really measure the Pros vs. Cons..
Just a thought..
Z...
would love to find the problem. what is holding me back is my dr who refuses to check the things I wanted to run bloods on. I asked him to check estradiol, pregnenolone, dhea, and prolactin due to my symptoms. He refused and told me none of those would be at fault. And yes I’ve been to 4 other docs to find the right one and they all wanted to pull me off trt because I was too young (32). My test level was 230 prior to trt. So now I signed up to a clinic to get straightened out

cruze1911r1

cruze1911r1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
My prescription is 160 once a week. about a month ago I started doing split twice a week. I just signed up to a clinic last night so I’m sure they will help me sort things out
Even at twice per week your shbg is too low. If it were me, I'd try pinning 45-50mg ever other day. Estrogen spikes will be lower, yours doesn't look bad. Are you using an ai?

lionking999

lionking999

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Even at twice per week your shbg is too low. If it were me, I'd try pinning 45-50mg ever other day. Estrogen spikes will be lower, yours doesn't look bad. Are you using an ai?
No AI just DIM

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Prolactin is definitely at least part of it, that is mad high and would definitely decrease drive, actual function, and ability to reach orgasm. Prolactin is a satiety hormone. You dump a bunch after orgasm, giving you that satisfied feeling that will normally make it take a while to get it back up (refractory period).

So the short answer is, take 3-400mg of P5P twice a day and you will get to feeling better soon as that level comes down.

NOW, the part where you still need to see a doctor in my online bropinion:

There’s no normal reason that your prolactin should be that high just from a regular TRT, not taking any other hormones that may raise prolactin (like Pregnenolone, 19-Nors, etc). So P5P will get that down likely, but you will then be throwing a bandaid over the root cause. For instance, you might have a pituitary tumor that is causing this. Or some other medication you are taking we haven’t discussed. In any case, I would take this bloodwork to your doctor to discuss more testing to make sure there’s not a health issue from something else.

Not trying to freak you out, just want you to take care of your health. Knowledge is power.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
would love to find the problem. what is holding me back is my dr who refuses to check the things I wanted to run bloods on. I asked him to check estradiol, pregnenolone, dhea, and prolactin due to my symptoms. He refused and told me none of those would be at fault. And yes I’ve been to 4 other docs to find the right one and they all wanted to pull me off trt because I was too young (32). My test level was 230 prior to trt. So now I signed up to a clinic to get straightened out
Welcome to the world of TRT. Most doctors don’t have a clue about TRT and / or aren’t up on the latest protocols. Find an integrative dr they usually are up on the latest protocols for TRT. Most clinics just push drugs but some are legit. Just do your research and don’t be afraid to stand up to the dr if you’re not getting what you think you need and don’t be afraid to go to another dr.

lionking999

lionking999

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Prolactin is definitely at least part of it, that is mad high and would definitely decrease drive, actual function, and ability to reach orgasm. Prolactin is a satiety hormone. You dump a bunch after orgasm, giving you that satisfied feeling that will normally make it take a while to get it back up (refractory period).

So the short answer is, take 3-400mg of P5P twice a day and you will get to feeling better soon as that level comes down.

NOW, the part where you still need to see a doctor in my online bropinion:

There’s no normal reason that your prolactin should be that high just from a regular TRT, not taking any other hormones that may raise prolactin (like Pregnenolone, 19-Nors, etc). So P5P will get that down likely, but you will then be throwing a bandaid over the root cause. For instance, you might have a pituitary tumor that is causing this. Or some other medication you are taking we haven’t discussed. In any case, I would take this bloodwork to your doctor to discuss more testing to make sure there’s not a health issue from something else.

Not trying to freak you out, just want you to take care of your health. Knowledge is power.
Thank you Hyde. I have an appointmen Wednesday to go over everything

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I also wanted to mention, that 6-800mg of P5P is a stout dose found to be equivalent to a moderate dose of cabergoline. But when that was administered as B6, it was found to induce a mild neuropathy in some users after the 8 week mark. They would get some tingling in fingers/toes, that disappeared almost as soon as the high dose B6 was discontinued.

I’m not sure if the active form of the vitamin, P5P, will also have this effect since it the study was on B6, but it’s important to take away that this high dose regiment is really only a good temporary solution to bring things down. If something less aggressive like the doses in Inhibit P can’t keep it down, there’s probably a more substantial underlying issue.

lionking999

lionking999

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I also wanted to mention, that 6-800mg of P5P is a stout dose found to be equivalent to a moderate dose of cabergoline. But when that was administered as B6, it was found to induce a mild neuropathy in some users after the 8 week mark. They would get some tingling in fingers/toes, that disappeared almost as soon as the high dose B6 was discontinued.

I’m not sure if the active form of the vitamin, P5P, will also have this effect since it the study was on B6, but it’s important to take away that this high dose regiment is really only a good temporary solution to bring things down. If something less aggressive like the doses in Inhibit P can’t keep it down, there’s probably a more substantial underlying issue.
I will keep that in mind. Do you think it’s reasonable to double dose the inhibit p for a week or two and then continue with recommended dosage ? then I’ll get bloods done in 2-3 months

lionking999

lionking999

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
On the road to getting fixed up. prescribed 200mg test cyp/ week, caber, and tamox, and low dose anastrozol. The only thing I am concerned about is the dosage protocol they gave me for tamox (to shrink gyno) they said 10 mg m/w/f. I was always under the impression of 20mg ed until symptoms subsided..

Stacks1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Holy crap your prolactin is way high. I would have pulled out the caber immediately. That could very well help clear up your problem.

Stacks1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
On the road to getting fixed up. prescribed 200mg test cyp/ week, caber, and tamox, and low dose anastrozol. The only thing I am concerned about is the dosage protocol they gave me for tamox (to shrink gyno) they said 10 mg m/w/f. I was always under the impression of 20mg ed until symptoms subsided..
That does sound like a low amount of tamoxifen to treat gyno. Seems more people have success with ralox anyway.

lionking999

lionking999

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
That does sound like a low amount of tamoxifen to treat gyno. Seems more people have success with ralox anyway.
Ralox and tamox both work for me. I’ll be ordering my own tamox to dose how I want because I just don’t feel the prescribed amount is going to cut it

lionking999

lionking999

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Just wanted to share this. I have been taking inhibit P @ 2 caps per day since my last test when my prolactin was high. it is now in normal range. someone tag Steve for me I still don’t know how lol
IMG_1249.jpg

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
@sns8778 another satisfied Inhibit P customer, who wanted you tagged to acknowledge the improvement in his labs
Thank you so much for tagging me. That is great to hear - I'm so glad that it helped.

Inhibit-P is a great product and is so often overlooked here on AM. Some here assume they have to use drugs to decrease prolactin and that isn't true in a lot of cases, bc Inhibit-P is super effective. We get a lot of referrals from HRT clinics and some from endocrinologists for it.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Just wanted to share this. I have been taking inhibit P @ 2 caps per day since my last test when my prolactin was high. it is now in normal range. someone tag Steve for me I still don’t know how lol
View attachment 239446
I'm so glad that it helped you. Down from 56.1 to 11 is awesome.

Thank you for sharing. I hope this helps show others how great of a difference Inhibit-P can make.