Regaining my alpha w/Alphamax XT

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I am noticing some increased aggression in the gym. I am almost starting to feel like I did just a few years ago and really just wanting to attack each day. I feel a little better in general even though not one day this week has included 7 hours of sleep. I really, really need to get this picture thing figured out. Haha
I find that ashwagandha and tongkat ali provide nice mood benefits (a rare combination of increased confidence, I'm hesitant to call it aggression, and calmness). Being adaptogens, they will likely be great during times of little rest and/or high activity. You're getting full, research supported doses of both with AlphaMax XT, which is great. While I do notice mood benefits pretty quickly, after a few weeks they get even better.

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
Thurs update: shoulders

Z press: 125x8, 135x6, 140x4, 115x9x8. Haven't felt strong enough to try 140 in awhile, so that was nice

Bent over rear delt raises: 2 setsx 25lbsx 12 reps each set. I normally include 3 sets of these on back day after face pulls but this day and back day I was slightly pressed for time

Standing lateral raises: 30x10, 35x7, then a drop set of 30x8, 20x11, 10x11. Weird using such a light weight, but my shoulders said it was heavy! Haha

Front raises 2 sets x25lbs x10 reps each set

Tricep dips: 2 sets of 15. I REALLY need to do weighted dips. BW isn't very challenging

Overhead tricep extensions w/dumbbells: 70x10, 75x8, 60x11

Lying 45 degree angle tricep extensions: 40lbs x 3 sets of 10

Incline one arm extensions: 20lbs x 10 reps x 3 sets

Shoulders had 60-90 seconds of rest between sets. Triceps had 30-60 seconds between sets

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
I trained on Friday and there wasn't anything special to report. This week has not started off the way I would like going into my 3rd week of Alphamax XT. Sunday night and Monday night both were less than 6 hours of sleep with this morning being a bit tougher. Neither day felt very rewarding as I had neither the strength nor energy that I wanted or the time to get done what I really wanted to get done. The last 2 days I will just have to chalk up to just one of those days.

Noticed effects @ the start of the 3rd week: I need to get measurements to be sure, but I do look a little leaner. I feel stronger, but that hasn't translated yet to more volume. I think sleep will help. Overall feeling of well-being is up. At this point I don't really expect much. I do believe it has allowed me to push a bit harder even though lack of sleep is stealing my soul. Haha

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sounds like you had a sh**ty week! I'm normally in that 6 1/2 to 7 hours of sleep a night, but with no kids so it's generally a straight through (except for the bathroom breaks, which is the worst part of drinking a gallon of water day). Getting to sleep usually isn't an issue for me, but I have noticed my sleep has been deeper and I wake up feeling pretty good. Strength seems to have gone up, and I "feel" bigger. Nothing that can be proven and pretty anecdotal, as far as results go, but I'm enjoying it so far. Workouts have been good, but I'm still struggling with wanting to eat everything in sight. Can't wait to see how things progress over the next few weeks.

Last edited:
SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Appetite finally seems to be letting up over the last couple of days. Also, vascularity seems to be increasing. Workouts have been going very well, strength is increasing slightly and stamina is up. About halfway through my third week and enjoying the effects so far.

How are things on your end ryane87?

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
Appetite finally seems to be letting up over the last couple of days. Also, vascularity seems to be increasing. Workouts have been going very well, strength is increasing slightly and stamina is up. About halfway through my third week and enjoying the effects so far.

How are things on your end ryane87?
I tried to get back at ya Monday night. My internet is wonky at the best. This is the start of my fourth week. I have lost 3 lbs, which wasn't really my plan. Haha I have increased calories accordingly to try and get that weight back. I do look leaner in a good way. My strength feels up a tad. Nothing too out of the ordinary yet.

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
Important caveats with my experience: my sleep has not been NEAR where it should be. So the fact that I am seeing small strength gains is awesome. Hunger hit TODAY. Also, I am a fairly vascular person, but I am at a much better place concering this. The 2 veins that run below your belly button are very prominent. I could see them, but my wife especially noticed them. Vascularity has bee awesome

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
. I have lost 3 lbs, which wasn't really my plan........
Pretty sure I'm not in the same league as you! I'm just starting my 4th week and after spending the last 2 weeks walking around hangry, I don't even want to step on a scale. I tried to keep it clean, but I might have accidentally eaten a sh*t ton of mexican food last Saturday. Maybe when I finish the first bottle I'll see where I'm at.

bighulksmash

bighulksmash

Legend
Awards
Pretty sure I'm not in the same league as you! I'm just starting my 4th week and after spending the last 2 weeks walking around hangry, I don't even want to step on a scale. I tried to keep it clean, but I might have accidentally eaten a sh*t ton of mexican food last Saturday. Maybe when I finish the first bottle I'll see where I'm at.
HEHE nothing wrong with a little TEX-MEX !!!

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Important caveats with my experience: my sleep has not been NEAR where it should be. So the fact that I am seeing small strength gains is awesome. Hunger hit TODAY. Also, I am a fairly vascular person, but I am at a much better place concering this. The 2 veins that run below your belly button are very prominent. I could see them, but my wife especially noticed them. Vascularity has bee awesome
So down 3lbs, looking leaner, more vascular, strength starting to go up...sounds like good run so far.

As far as sleep, i know life is hectic as hell, some nights i get 7 hours, others 3. Typically on Alphamax XT the closer to bed I dose, the better I sleep.

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
My thoughts after 4 weeks: awesome, awesome product. I am impressed that my rest has not been what you would call optimal and yet I have seen slight strength gains and a positive impact on body composition. I can only imagine if my rest was better. The next 4 weeks I have high hopes for.

I apologize for not posting more actual workouts. I have recordable workouts and workouts I never plan on doing again unless I absolutely have to. Lack of rest and time has been beating down my "recordable" workouts. So I am even more impressed. Highly recommend for anyone who lifts in the morning and wants to get the hormonal optimization that afternoon workouts provide. Also for anyone that kinda feels like they need a boost.

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'll go along with that. I decided to hop on the scale this morning instead of waiting until the end. Down to 185, which surprised me since my diet really took a hit during the 2nd and 3rd week.

As a side note, I ordered some Fearns sl for my next run. How do you feel with running that ryane87 ?

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
I'll go along with that. I decided to hop on the scale this morning instead of waiting until the end. Down to 185, which surprised me since my diet really took a hit during the 2nd and 3rd week.

As a side note, I ordered some Fearns sl for my next run. How do you feel with running that ryane87 ?
I think that is a great idea. I went through 5 or 6 cans of it. I haven't used it in a month or so, though

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Three tablespoons pre workout seems to be the preferred dosing, from what I've read. Sound about right to you?

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
Three tablespoons pre workout seems to be the preferred dosing, from what I've read. Sound about right to you?
I had results at 2, but 3 would be what I would try my next go round

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
3 tbsp is a solid dose. I'd go with a minimum of 2.5, but you will still likely see results at 2. The reason I would go with at least 2.5 tbsp is that'll give you 18.75g total, which means you're getting at least 750mg PA, even if the granules are only 4% PA.

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
Progress picture after almost 6 weeks on Alphamax XT. I am relaxed in the pic. You're bodyfat guess would be as good as mine. Maybe 10-12? I dunno. I have to shorten the cycle due to elbow issues, but I will be posting a final review. I

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
Sorry about the size. I do not know how to resize. Hah

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Looking good! Can't wait to hear your thoughts. Hope the elbow isn't anything serious.

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
Looking good! Can't wait to hear your thoughts. Hope the elbow isn't anything serious.
A tendonitis issue that acts up with any AI or the time I ran X-gels. Had to cut that short, too. Something always has to ne stealing the fun!

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
Final Review

I really, really enjoyed my AlphaMax run. This is a FANTASTIC product, especially as an older lifter.

In 6 weeks the scale weight went from 191 to 188. I lost an inch off my waist and put a half inch on my mid-thigh.

I did this having **** sleep through the majority of my run, having less than optimal workouts due to time stresses, and being a dad that doesn't burden my family with my weightlifting ****.

It WILL change your body if you put the work in. I can only imagine what I would have been able to do under more optimal circumstances.

This is my goto anabolic until I decide the time is right to start pinning.

I did NO ab work (not because I don't want to) and NO cardio (because I don't want to haha). Obviously it wasn't magic and the majority of the board probably is in better shape than I am, but this helped me look really good for my age and being a dad. To see 6 in the mirror relaxed (or at least the outline haha) makes me happy. Not where I was in my late 20s, but closer.

Also, I have been eating about 3400-3500 cals a day to try and put weight on.

Love this product. Recommend to older lifters and those that lift in the morning to get a better hormonal balance that those that lift in the afternoon get