Red Sox take series !!

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I kinda felt bad for pedro myself....looked almost scared and nervous at times.....but the sox continue to tear it up. 11 straight baby :twisted:

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
3.5 games behind, jeez. on a good note, giambi is really impressing me this year. a-rod is unpredictable at this time. he looked surprised at himself with that homerun yesterday in the 12th.

as for pedro, yeah, i kinda felt for him too. and whoever that jackass is in left field........

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
3.5 games behind, jeez. on a good note, giambi is really impressing me this year. a-rod is unpredictable at this time. he looked surprised at himself with that homerun yesterday in the 12th.

as for pedro, yeah, i kinda felt for him too. and whoever that jackass is in left field........
Yeah pedro sure didn't get any help in left field yesterday lol. Gotta hand it to beckett he pitched a hell of a game yesterday at home.....hope he starts settling down a little on the road though. I agree I think giambi is playing well these days.

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
one of your boys crushed one into left field. looked like a line drive right over the green monster.

raider1

raider1

Awards
Yeh, the shortstop Gonzalez.. all of a sudden a home run spurt from this guy... that left fielder for the Mets will be happy he is leaving Fenway and the green monster after today..ho looks horrible

lilkev42

lilkev42

Awards
  • Established
Come on and lets hear all the love for maybe the best catch of the year so far ... Coco airborne snag.. Damon who ??
That was an amazing catch. I could not believe it, and then Big Papi destroys one dead center. Killed the Mets. Although I am not a huge Sox fan, I am rooting for them since my DRays wont pull it out. I was also kinda mad about that catch too, David Wright is on my fantasy baseball team. But definitily catch of the year.

tplant

Awards
damn a sox thread, I need to spend more time on this site. They just lost the first 2 to the D-rays although I think that after winning 14 of the last 15 games they were due to lose a few. Coco's catch was in credible although gary Matthews Jr's the other night may have beaten it.

lilkev42

lilkev42

Awards
  • Established
damn a sox thread, I need to spend more time on this site. They just lost the first 2 to the D-rays although I think that after winning 14 of the last 15 games they were due to lose a few. Coco's catch was in credible although gary Matthews Jr's the other night may have beaten it.
Yeah back to back nights they declare someone making the catch of the year. Both were amazing in their own, but you guys gotta watch my D-Rays. Kazmir is amazing, if we just had other pitching.......and our triple A studs were'nt all degenerates.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I was at the last 2 games and i'll be there tomorrow too...i'll give it to kazmir pitching a good game, but hows the cellar boys you'll be there regardless.....GO SOX

lilkev42

lilkev42

Awards
  • Established
I was at the last 2 games and i'll be there tomorrow too...i'll give it to kazmir pitching a good game, but hows the cellar boys you'll be there regardless.....GO SOX
Now hold up one second.....we will pass the O's.

Hopefully

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Now hold up one second.....we will pass the O's.

Hopefully
Ok maybe you guys can get ahead of the o's.......ouch yanks gettin beat up 19-1 tonight...suddenly doesn't make the sox loss look so bad :D

tplant

Awards
Yeah back to back nights they declare someone making the catch of the year. Both were amazing in their own, but you guys gotta watch my D-Rays. Kazmir is amazing, if we just had other pitching.......and our triple A studs were'nt all degenerates.
Actually I have been touting your D-rays for a while. kazmir is unreal, jackson and seo both have potential and if delmon young doesn't throw his bat they will be very good. They could definitely compete for the division title in a few other divisions in baseball.

lilkev42

lilkev42

Awards
  • Established
Actually I have been touting your D-rays for a while. kazmir is unreal, jackson and seo both have potential and if delmon young doesn't throw his bat they will be very good. They could definitely compete for the division title in a few other divisions in baseball.
Yeah man, Ive been trying to tell people give us a few years. I mean we don't have the money like the D-Backs did to get Schill/RJ and have an amazing year by Luis Gonzo. But look at this, Upton, Delmon, Dukes are all studs who we now know have baggage. We basically stole Kazmir from the Mets, Seo shows signs of pitching abilites, but isnt consistent. Jackson should be a #2 or #3. Chuck Tiffany(who also came with Jackson from teh Dodgers) is a highly rated prospect but isnt doing well this year. We have Wade Davis in Single A who is tearing it up(but only a single a pitcher for now). Crawford is a stud, Cantu is an above avg. 2b, Lugo is solid, Gomes could be a decent DH(swings at everything and looks to be an Adam Dunn type tho:( ) Baldelli is solid when hes healthy. So that is a nice young core, as along as our prospects come around we should be a pretty competitive team. Not saying we can win the AL East anytime soon. We don't have/spend the money liek Boston, New York or Toronto(did). I still am rooting for my hometown underdogs.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So the sox saved face tonight and pounded the d-rays 12-5 thank god. I will give the d-rays credit as they played well, but can't say the sox showed up those first 3 games though. Figures the one game I don't go see the sox decide to start launching some bombs....I will say the 3-run dinger ramirez hit in 9th of game 2 was an absolute monster shot and glad at least i had the pleasure of witnessing that.

tplant

Awards
So the sox saved face tonight and pounded the d-rays 12-5 thank god. I will give the d-rays credit as they played well, but can't say the sox showed up those first 3 games though. Figures the one game I don't go see the sox decide to start launching some bombs....I will say the 3-run dinger ramirez hit in 9th of game 2 was an absolute monster shot and glad at least i had the pleasure of witnessing that.
yeah that was a bomb by manny the other night, would have hit the back wall at fenway.

tplant

Awards
I hate to get ahead of myself but after yesterday's game im convinced that the sox are gonna win the series again this year. Every year that ant Boston team wins there is always that one moment when you know. Whethere it's muellers walk off or that goal line stand against the colts.

Yesterday when the bases were loaded with no out and thome, Konerko and dye due up I think it happened. Lopez stepped up and got the huge K. Then hansen came in and got the next two. I may be overlly biased but I just don't see them getting beaten this year now that they have 5 reliable guys in the pen and 4 damn solid starters.

lilkev42

lilkev42

Awards
  • Established
I hate to get ahead of myself but after yesterday's game im convinced that the sox are gonna win the series again this year. Every year that ant Boston team wins there is always that one moment when you know. Whethere it's muellers walk off or that goal line stand against the colts.

Yesterday when the bases were loaded with no out and thome, Konerko and dye due up I think it happened. Lopez stepped up and got the huge K. Then hansen came in and got the next two. I may be overlly biased but I just don't see them getting beaten this year now that they have 5 reliable guys in the pen and 4 damn solid starters.
Its still very early. I think around 75 games more to go before the playoffs even start. Bad things can still happen so dont get to far ahead of yourself. Although they are easily the best team. The white sox dont have the one year wonder Jon Garland going nuts like last year. I couldnt wait to see that guy revert back to his 10-15 years of the past. Oh and I cant stand how experts/announcers say the White Sox have a good bench. Since when it 5 utility players that don't have any real talents except being able to catch with 3 different types of gloves make you amazing. Mackowiak, Ozuna, Widger and Blum is not what I would want to put out there to pinch hit. Give me an old 300 hitter or some young guy with promise, not 4 guys who never did anything.

raider1

raider1

Awards
Well SOX finally lost to the Chi Sox in 19 innings .. still 2 out of 3 in their house is not bad.. it is still amazing the Yanks are staying close with all the injuries they have

HeIsLegend

Awards
Yankees will be the surprise team of the second half with Jeter hitting almost .400 just sit back and watch!!!

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
jeter can't be disputed. but whether he can carry the team or not is another story.

tplant

Awards
Yankees will be the surprise team of the second half with Jeter hitting almost .400 just sit back and watch!!!
i actually have a feeling things will go in the other direction for Ny in the second half.

raider1

raider1

Awards
Are you even serious ? :icon_lol: really, come on now...

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
jeter can't be disputed. but whether he can carry the team or not is another story.
I agree, and with the AL east being as competitive as it is, no one single player be it jeter, ortiz, whoever is going to be able to carry their team to the championship. It does'nt look like an AL east team is going to get the wild card this year with all the good teams in the AL central.....whoever wins the divison is gonna make the playoffs.

lilkev42

lilkev42

Awards
  • Established
I agree, and with the AL east being as competitive as it is, no one single player be it jeter, ortiz, whoever is going to be able to carry their team to the championship. It does'nt look like an AL east team is going to get the wild card this year with all the good teams in the AL central.....whoever wins the divison is gonna make the playoffs.
Yeah Detriot and Chicago both got off to great starts and with Detriot's pitching staff, I think they will keep it up. I however think both Toronto and NY will fall and Boston will win it. However NY will keep it close somehow. Its just too bad, or good for the Sox that the best team for the playoffs wont make it. aka Minnesota Twins. Liriano, Santana and Radke, remember Astros last year???, those 3 will win games for them. But Im guessing Red Sox, Tigers, White Sox and A's will make up the AL playoffs. Although Id like to see Seattle sneak in there just because they would show how bad the AL West really is.

tplant

Awards
agreed on the twins. I am just hoping they dont pull of some massive second half like the A's a few years ago. Just the though of facing Liriano and santana 4 times in a seven game series is legit scary.

lilkev42

lilkev42

Awards
  • Established
agreed on the twins. I am just hoping they dont pull of some massive second half like the A's a few years ago. Just the though of facing Liriano and santana 4 times in a seven game series is legit scary.
Want to hear scary, how about a 5 game series. THe first series I give to them if they make the playoffs, I could only see the Red Sox give them trouble. Since Beckett and Schilling are being almost equally dominant. And Papelbon is nuts in the last inning. But Twins in a 5 gamer, damn.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good to see the AL spank the NL again this year. As far as the playoff race goes, expect to see boston there.....and if their pitching stays consistent and healthy they're gonna win it all again baby :twisted:

HeIsLegend

Awards
Papelbon's best day would never compare to Mariano Rivera

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think that's a premature statement considering he's 25y/o and a rookie......he is having betters days than mariano this year for that matter.

lilkev42

lilkev42

Awards
  • Established
It's not even fair to compare them. Rivera is a future hall of famer, while Papelbon is mearly a rookie. Not even considering that Papelbon will probably end up starting while Rivera will never start obviously. Either way you have to give Pap some credit, how many kids his age can step into a role like his and do as well as he is doing. I hope he wins ROY if Liriano keeps it up, since Liriano will win the CY. Split the awards up and give them both the credit they deserve. Along with giving Verlander like a pack of Big League Chew for his efforts.

tplant

Awards
It's not even fair to compare them. Rivera is a future hall of famer, while Papelbon is mearly a rookie. Not even considering that Papelbon will probably end up starting while Rivera will never start obviously. Either way you have to give Pap some credit, how many kids his age can step into a role like his and do as well as he is doing. I hope he wins ROY if Liriano keeps it up, since Liriano will win the CY. Split the awards up and give them both the credit they deserve. Along with giving Verlander like a pack of Big League Chew for his efforts.
agreed. On another note has there ever been a season in which the top two contenders for the cy young are rookies?

lilkev42

lilkev42

Awards
  • Established
agreed. On another note has there ever been a season in which the top two contenders for the cy young are rookies?
I would have to say three. Verlander just won his 11th and his ERA is below 3 i believe. I do not know how you cannot count him, even though he has been surpassed by Paps and Liriano. But I can never recall anything like this happening before.

tplant

Awards
I would have to say three. Verlander just won his 11th and his ERA is below 3 i believe. I do not know how you cannot count him, even though he has been surpassed by Paps and Liriano. But I can never recall anything like this happening before.
true but I was thinking halladay and santana are probably both in front of him in regards to the cy

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
East - W - L - % - GB
NY Yankees - 64 - 41 - .610 -
Boston - 64 - 43 - .598 - 1.0

hhhmmmmmmm

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
every season for the past 4-5 years is damn near identical. trudge through the first half then explode after the all-star game. come on now boston fans, don't let B5 and I down. let's hear the payroll argument one more time.

HeIsLegend

Awards
werd to that Go Yankees. I'm sick and tired of the payroll argument it get's old too easily find somethibg new to B1tch about. Go b1tch about how Manny and Big Papi do alot of Clutch Fly Out's.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Go b1tch about how Manny and Big Papi do alot of Clutch Fly Out's.
Seriously what kind of lame statement is that......clutch flyouts...please. How many times has david ortiz had clutch hits/homeruns that have won games in the last 2 years....and yes against your beloved yanks too, or did you forget about game 4 of the 2004 acls. I find your attempt to mock argueably the best 3/4 hitters in baseball quite amusing. Wait who leads the majors in HR and rbi's.....oh yeah ortiz does.

HeIsLegend

Awards
wait who is winning the AL East right now.....ohh yeah the YANKEES ARE!!!!

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
every season for the past 4-5 years is damn near identical. trudge through the first half then explode after the all-star game. come on now boston fans, don't let B5 and I down. let's hear the payroll argument one more time.
Yeah it gets almost as old as the 1918 chant....i mean 2004. Good ole george sure does like to buy himself out of jams all the time, but I won't harp on it b/c it is what it is. I'm all for a good rivalry and that's exactly what it is. So let the trash talking begin b/c it's gonna be an interesting next few months.

HeIsLegend

Awards
yeah no hard feelings its always a great rivalry i think its the best in all of sports honestly so good luck to your team.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
wait who is winning the AL East right now.....ohh yeah the YANKEES ARE!!!!
Well enjoy your short stay on top......last time i think you saw it was in early june for again a brief time.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
yeah no hard feelings its always a great rivalry i think its the best in all of sports honestly so good luck to your team.
I agree......but you gotta have the talking smack though......great rivalry :D

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
and a friendly reminder : this is without sheffield and matsui ;)

raider1

raider1

Awards
I am a Yankee hater, but I give the Yanks props for hanging in there with all the injuries ....

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Team - GB
NYY - 0
SOX - 3

AL WC - GB
Minn - 0
Chi - .5
Sox - 1.5

tomall2

Awards
:eek: :wtf: :frustrate :sad:

If I hadn't seen it, I wouldn't believe it:

Swept by the Royals. This is a sad, sad, sad day.