RECOMPetition: Gutter and Houston Fight Through the Pain

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Also, just wanted to mention... I'm on my 2nd day of 20mg Ostabol, my first time trying it out - and I swear I'm getting pumps just sitting around/walking around. I don't think it's just in my head either. Feels similar to when I'm on a PH/PS. I guess I didn't expect it to kick in so quickly, but it could also be in combination with the 3 pumps of dermacrine. I should also mention that I am taking about 200mg Mast weekly, to lower my SHBG and free everything up.

houstontexas

Awards
  • Established
I'm getting pumps too man. It's a good feeling. I got in a workout finally last night so here's the breakdown.

Tuesday 7/29/14

10min elliptical warmup / stretching

3 sets of pushups

2 sets of rope pushdowns

2 sets of overhead rope extensions

3 sets of rope curls

3 sets of dumbell curls

I mixed in 2 sets of planks & 2 sets of side extensions (idk if that's the right name) into the workout as well.

pushups didn't really feel good so I abandoned them and moved on to an arm focused workout.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Tuesday July 28

Did a double session today, gym and then hot yoga class (flow) which was pretty brutal. This is a great combo, but I think I'm going to have to modify my plan I had set out. There's no way I can do 2 flow classes on my off days. Doing it back to back with a gym session was brutal enough, I need time to recover. Going to just do 1 daily flow class. Right after my gym session and then 1 on my off day.

Foam roll 10min

Hyperextensions

10 @BW
10 BW + 10#
10 BW + 35#

Machine flies

120 x 6
120 x 6
150 x 7
165 x 10
165 x 10
165 x 10
165 x 8

Reverse flies / rear delt machine

30 x 10
45 x 10
75 x 10
75 x 10
75 x 10
75 x 10

D1/D2 shoulders
2 sets each high n low

Seated low row

70 x 10
90 x 10
110 x 10
110 x 10

Standing barbell curls

50 x 10
50 x 10
50 x 10
50 x 10

Traveled over to my hot yoga studio for a 1 hr flow class (power vinyasa). Was pretty fast/tough/intense. I was sweating bullets the whole time. I never thought yoga could be so taxing on the lower body and upper body. The isometric work in the lower body is pretty amazing. It completely humbled me when I first started.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Whenever I get pain in my shoulders, I start doing my diagonals again. The D1/D2 movements. Always works like a charm. I should be doing these more often

houstontexas

Awards
  • Established
I need to start incorporating those into my routine

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Did your physical therapist ever have you doing them after surgery? Is it something you just stopped doing after a while?

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Sunday August 3

Warmup: rowing machine on 10 (top setting). 500m race against my gf. She beat me by 7 seconds. I got 1:57. She couldn't believe I wasn't winded after that though.. I guess I could've pushed it more then. Looks like my cardio capacity / endurance is getting up there! She trains crossfit as well, and the only cardio/endurance I get is my hot yoga flow classes. She does the Civilian Military Combine races as well and came first in the women's elite class at her last race. She's definitely a good person to train with haha.. Trains so differently than I'm used to though. A lot of kettlebell training / drills, etc.

Foam roll for 5 min

Hyperextensions

10 x BW
10 x BW + 25#
10 x BW + 35#

Machine Flies

110 x 12
110 x 12
150 x 7
160 x 10
160 x 10
160 x 10

Note: I dropped the weight by 5 pounds and did fewer sets this session. My last session earlier this week left me sore for too long, I wouldn't be able to go EOD with previous volume.

Reverse Flies (rear delt machine)

30 x 12
45 x 12
75 x 10
75 x 10
75 x 10
75 x 10

Incline Bench Shrugs (for mid traps)

45 x 10
45 x 10
45 x 10
45 x 10

W's (bent arm reverse flies) on slight incline bench

D1/D2 shoulders

3 sets high and low, each side, one side at a time, back to back

Decline bench situps

Standing barbell bicep curls

Note: experimenting with volume on these to see how I respond

35 x 20
35 x 20
35 x 20
35 x 20

GF helped me with kettlebell form after the workout. I want to start incorporating some KB work for cardio, etc. Mainly swings. Need to watch my back (by keeping proper form) though but it felt fine today.

houstontexas

Awards
  • Established
Dude that's so awesome you workout with your lady and vice versa. I wish I had that going on. I've been out of town on vacation since Thursday so all I did was drink and go to sea world. Back to the grind today and I'm getting serious damnit!!

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Yeah it's definitely great, although I'm used to training on my own! This slowed me down a bit, but hopefully it can start to benefit me. I've rarely trained with a partner. Have you tried to get your wife involved? Where it comes to me and dating, it's one of the main traits I look for in a woman, we need to both be active together and involved in the same activities since I'm so busy... otherwise it's tough to get much time in! It deepends the relationship as well when you share things you're passionate about.

I forgot to mention I was sick again for 3-4 days last week, end of the week. What's with these summer colds, and so often? They've been going around a lot this summer.

I need to tweak my diet, I've gained a few pounds back and haven't been focusing on it too much :\ Today I'll go do groceries and get the plan back in action.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Tuesday August 5

Hyperextensions

10 BW + 25#
10 BW + 25#

Seated low row

60 x 10
70 x 10
90 x 10
110 x 10
110 x 10

Machine flies

110 x 12
110 x 12
150 x 7
160 x 10
160 x 10
160 x 10

D1/D2 shoulders
3 sets each high n low

W's (bent arm reverse flies) on incline bench

Standing barbell curls

35 x 20
35 x 20
35 x 15

Finished workout and 15min later started a 1 hour hot yoga flow class which completely kicked my ass. Pretty advanced & fast stuff. Sometimes I wonder why I put myself through these classes lol.. especially after a workout, since these classes are a workout in their own right and super challenging. Oh well, no pain no gain, and these classes have definitely been helping my flexibility and back issues not to mention they've been an immense cardiovascular booster since they are done in a ~100 degree room with humidity.

houstontexas

Awards
  • Established
Stopped the Osta a few days ago b/c I was having trouble focusing with my eyes, but I'm pretty sure that wasn't the cause now. I ended up getting sick this week and have a pretty bad sinus infection that has me feeling like crap, weak, stopped up, etc. I tried to workout Tuesday and Wednesday, but didn't really accomplish too much. Last night all hell broke loose and so I went to the doc today and got meds, etc. I'll probably take it somewhat easy this week as my body recovers. It always seems like every time I try to push something else says not so fast... I'm sure I'll get past it, but it sure is annoying lately.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I hear you man. I got sick twice in the past month! Frustrating... the 2nd time I got sick, I kept working out though and it was ok... I think for me it was due to stress at work and not getting much sleep because of some crazy deadlines, plus some bugs going around.

So far I've seen no sides from Osta. It's fairly weak for what I'm used to :) Just using it to bridge for a couple months though. The Dermacrine definitely has my E2 up though, I've had to double my regular TRT AI dose @ only 3 pumps of derma.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Thursday August 7

Foam roll 10min

Front squat (been neglecting squats a bit due to all the yoga I've been doing, which in turn is allowing me to squat again)

Bar x 10
Bar x 10
65 x 10
95 x 10
135 x 5 (wrists hurt, could've done more reps)
135 x 5 (wrists..)

Back squat (deep)

185 x 5
205 x 5

Didn't have my squat shoes or belt. Note to self: don't squat deep in flimsy shoes. Feels like I might've pulled something in my right leg today. Otherwise back felt fine during lifts and today. Rolling my legs all day, brought lacrosse ball to office. Kinda knew I'd be in pain after not having squatted in ages.

RDL's

95 x 10
115 x 10
115 x 10

Machine flies

110 x 12
110 x 12
150 x 8
160 x 10
160 x 10
160 x 10

35 x 10
45 x 12
75 x 10
75 x 10
75 x 10
75 x 10

W's (bent arm reverse flies) on flat bench

Standing barbell curls

55 x 12
55 x 12
55 x 12
55 x 10

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
$hit, I just realized that's the first time I've squatted over 200 pounds since last summer without back pain, and it was with no belt or shoes even. Hrmmmm.. definitely going to keep at the squats now. I think I'll keep up the 3 fullbody sessions (minus legs because of all the midweek hot yoga) and then add in squats & RDL's on my last training day of each week.

So essentially I'll be hitting chest/back/arms 3 days a week with volume, isometric/stability work on legs (and upper body) with all the hot yoga, and then I'll nail legs once a week with a mix of volume and sets of 5, with a 2 day break after before repeating. TBH I miss the 5's and even heavy singles. I want to get my squat back to at least 300 by Christmas this year.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Monday, August 11

Warmup: walked just over a mile to gym at decent pace

Foam roll 10min

Hyperextensions

10 BW + 25#
10 BW + 25#

Machine flies

115 x 12
115 x 12
155 x 7
165 x 10
165 x 10
165 x 10

Reverse grip flat bench press

95 x 13 for luck

30 x 12
45 x 10
65 x 10
65 x 10
65 x 10
75 x 10

Note: Dropped weight down a bit to focus more on the contraction. Trying not to use tri's at all during the movement, focusing on mid traps and rear delts.

W's (bent arm reverse flies) on incline bench

D1/D2 shoulders

2 sets each high n low

note: felt tightness in my left delt

Standing barbell curls

55 x 10
55 x 10
55 x 10
55 x 10

Seated low row

70 x 12
70 x 12
90 x 10
110 x 10
110 x 10
110 x 12

Decline BW situps

Walked home just over a mile as cool down

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Today is an off day, which means a single brutal 1 hour class of hot yoga (flow) this evening and lots of rumble rolling / stretching + core work from home with my bands and abmat (from Rogue). I don't like to sit still on my off days.

Tomorrow I'm aiming for a morning hot yoga session (flow) with a very advanced teacher - my first time trying it in the morning, an evening hot yoga session (flow again) with another really advanced teacher - (might cancel evening class depending on how much sleep I get tonight and how I feel tomorrow), and then a fullbody workout about an hour after that - once I'm rehydrated and carbed up again.... just to see where my endurance is at, and I like a challenge. Also going to give me a good opportunity to really test out my limits as well as MST's Cordygen VO2 Ultra which I've been using off and on for a while now.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
There's no way I'm making that morning class after tonight's... My traps are on fire.. I keep forgetting how brutal/advanced these new classes are. I'm staying up tonight to eat a pound of curry chicken and a liter of 1% milk... Then grabbing the magnesium oil... Ouch

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Took day off to ice my right hip and eat/recover. That pain I had noticed last week in my leg that was causing limping now has a source. Alternating ice/warmth and rolling a lacrosse ball lightly on it.

I probably shouldn't be doing these hot power/flow classes on top of training, but they're pretty addictive due to how hard they are as well as how good they are for my back/shoulders/hips and cardio capacity. I like getting pushed. They have slower classes though, but I'm really trying to up my endurance and push the recomp / burn fat.

houstontexas

Awards
  • Established
Wednesday, August 13

Warmup 10min on elliptical

Leg Press:
90 x 20
135 x 20
165 x 15
165 x 15
195 x 15

Seated Cable Rows:
60 x 20
75 x 20
90 x 16

Lat Pulldowns:
75 x 20
90 x 20
105 x 12

Seated Machine Fly:
30 x 15
35 x 12
40 x 10

Plank:
2 sets of 30 sec holds

Ab Stretch and Hold (idk wtf this is called):

2 sets of 20 seconds each side

Stretching

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Good volume! Make sure to stretch and roll that back. I'd try to get some scapular work / rear delt + trap work in there too. Reverse flies and YTW's are great for supporting the upper back and shoulders, I rate them as the best exercises for anyone who has shoulder issues (along with the D1/D2's).

houstontexas

Awards
  • Established
I'll be switching some exercises in and out and running a 3x a week routine so I'll try adding those in man. Thanks. Hope that hip stops bothering you so much.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Thanks man. I need to figure out how to plan my 3x week routine better, I'm hitting my traps/upper back too much/often it feels like, mainly due to the classes I'm doing too.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Hip-muscle-pain.jpg

So this is where the most tender area of pain is, and it's really bothering me right now. I can't squat or practice yoga till this is gone =\

I can't tell if it's the top head of my IT band, or the Tensor Fascia Latae, or maybe ligaments around them.
Sean1332 - any recommendations? Thoughts on what I might've done, or any stretching/band work etc I could try?

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Biting the bullet and going to see my sports therapist today to get some A.R.T. done and to get some time in with their TENS unit. I need to get rid of this pain and tension in my IT band quickly. I've never had this problem before, first time ever.

With that being said, I just got my IM l-carnitine in, and am really looking forward to starting it.

houstontexas

Awards
  • Established
Good luck man. Keep me posted and let me know how the ART goes.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Thanks, just got back. It definitely is my IT band. They used stim/heat and then helped me stretch before breaking out the Gravston technique/tools... Gravston is super painful. Got a few more sessions before he thinks it'll be better, likely a couple more weeks, but I can start squatting in a week's time, just gotta keep it light, around 135, and hang out / stretch at the bottom.

My diet is currently still on hold while I eat myself to recovery. I haven't been sleeping much the past two weeks because of work so my body hasn't been recovering as well, so I'm upping my cal's by about 800 per day until things level out with work and my IT band & such over the next week.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
BPC 157 the healing peptide

Bpc 157: specifications
Molecular Formula : C62H98N16O22 Molecular Weight : 1419.5355 purity>99%
Sequence: L-Valine, glycyl-L-alpha-glutamyl-L-prolyl-L-prolyl-L-prolylglycyl-L-lysyl-L-prolyl-L-alanyl-L-alpha-aspartyl-L-alpha-aspartyl-L-alanylglycyl-L-leucyl-; glycyl-L-alpha-glutamyl-L-prolyl-L-prolyl-L-prolylglycyllysyl-L-prolyl-L-alanyl-L-alpha-aspartyl-L-alpha-aspartyl-L-alanylglycyl-L-leucyl-L-valine

BPC 157 Stable gastric pentadecapeptide BPC 157 (GEPPPGKPADDAGLV, M.W. 1419) may be the new drug stable in human gastric juice, effective both in the upper and lower GI tract, and free of side effects. BPC 157, in addition to an antiulcer effect efficient in therapy of inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) (PL 14736) so far only tested in clinical phase II, has a very safe profile, and exhibited a particular wound healing effect. It also has shown to interact with the NO-system, providing endothelium protection and angiogenic effect, even in severely impaired conditions (i.e., it stimulated expression of early growth response 1 gene responsible for cytokine and growth factor generation and early extracellular matrix (collagen) formation (but also its repressor nerve growth factor 1-A binding protein-2)), important to counteract severe complications of advanced and poorly controlled IBD. Hopefully, the lessons from animal studies, particularly advanced intestinal anastomosis healing, reversed short bowel syndrome and fistula healing indicate BPC 157's high significance in further IBD therapy. Also, this supportive evidence (i.e., no toxic effect, limit test negative, LD1 not achieved, no side effect in trials) may counteract the problems commonly exercised in the use of peptidergic agents, particularly those used on a long-term basis.

what is BPC 157 used for in humans/bodybuilders?
well BPC 157 is known for super quick and professional Joint/tendon/ligament healing in all phases of clinical trials.. studies are shown here: BPC 157 has been shown in studies to heal torn quadriceps muscles, detached achilles tendon, muscles that have been damaged/crushed. Demonstrating dramatic fast recovery from muscle tears. Tendon to bone healing - increased ligament healing, BPC 157 has a variety of protective effects in the organs.

Clinical trials demonstrate healing and prevention of stomach ulcers and it is being studied as a burn treatment. Trials show it may help repair some liver damage after prolonged chronic alcohol exposure. No adverse reactions have been seen in clinical trials.

BPC 157 peptide has been shown to heal a variety of wounds in all areas researched, including internal organs, muscles, ligaments, tendons, skin, internal lacerations from surgery, etc.

it can have a use in the medical industry help heal and get rid of stomach ulcers caused by people abusing NSAID drugs

How long can i wait to see some effective results/benefits from this product?
well personally for me ive been using for 1 week and the results are astounding! my right hip is now moveable im almost at a point where i can go in the gym and smash legs harder then before, my right bicep IM injections with it has had immaculate results thus far the pain is greatly diminished and im able to pick up things mildy heavy whereas 4 injections previously i was in bad pain/weakness and now... its feeling strong/harder then previous.

usually results will take 4-6 weeks, because yes of course your injecting the drug but the human body has a set healing rate, but with BPC 157 the healing will be imo 100% faster then regular and the also the healing will be more complete whereas before you would only get around 80% of what you had before.

How long can i run BPC 157 for?
BPC 157 can be run for 4 weeks, followed by a 2 week rest. after this if you are still not feeling 100% itll be safe to run another course of BPC 157.

How do you reconstitute BPC 157?
simply pop the cap off, gently alcohol swab the stopper, then let it dry, same goes with the BAC water vial. then dose out the correct amount of BAC water. then slowly put the needle in... then slowly but surely inject the BAC water along side the vial making sure you do not indirectly inject on the peptide powder, however once you have done the first dose and the powder i essentially mixed you can inject on the bac water, that is fine. Note* this is done with 2mls of bac water, that would be 2 whole 1ml/1cc insulin syringes.

How do I Dose BPC 157 for optimal results?
you can use anywhere from 200mcg being a medium dose up to 500mcg ... depending on severity of issue ( if severe) dose 2x a day at 350 mcg totaling 700 mcg.

Is BPC 157 IM or sub q injection?
BPC 157 is both, you can do IM or subq as close as you can to the injection site, preferably around 1-4 inches away to yield the most benefit to the injured area.

What are the side effects of BPC 157?
there are absolutely none that i know of well No one knows, however the first time i used it i got a head ache and felt generally sick, however this was only for a day. I'm now 100% this is most likely a coincidence, most probably a body reaction to the first time. to be honest there are no side effects, its in clinical trial phase 2 ATM and they have reported 0 effects, only positives.

What syringe/needle size is good for this peptide?
all needles would be good for this peptide depending on where you want to inject, however a 1ml/1cc 29 and half inch insulin syringe is optimal for most sites on the body.

What is the cost of BPC 157?

bpc 157 is relatively inexpensive and the results are worth the money as it could permanently strengthen your weak joints/connective tissues/muscles unlike a placebo supplement where it yields good results and once you come off, your joints are crying out for mercy. the general price is around $25-50 USD.

How long will 1 bottle last?
generally if run at the baseline 200mcg dose, 1 5mg vial will last 25 consecutive days. $25 usd for 1 bottle, is well worth it!

Where do I store this?
just like another peptide keep it away from UV/sunlight. it can stay in room temp for up to 10 weeks, however for best storage/results store in a fridge and use until vial is run out then discard of it. For other BPC 157, they can stay in the fridge too as they;ll last up to 6 months, whereas if you had more you can store in the freezer( up to 2 years).

thats everything you need to know about BPC 157 guys! hope you enjoy the read and this will help noobs/future injured athletes or current injured gym addicts try it.

Huge thanks to HarryBrah for putting this all together
by harrybrah
Quoted from a post on another forum, with author's name intact

houstontexas

Awards
  • Established
Man that BPC-157 sounds awesome!! It sounds like it could help heal my RC. Let me know where you plan on getting yours from. Are you going to run it IM or Sub-Q?

houstontexas

Awards
  • Established
Friday, August 15

10min foam rolling and stretching

Lying Leg Curls:
60x12
60x12
75x10
75x10
90x5

Standing Cable Flys:
30x25
40x10
40x10

Rear Delt Machine Flys:
50x10
50x10
50x10

Chest Press Machine:
65x20
80x20
95x15

Workout all felt pretty good except my first few sets of leg curls felt awkward. My right leg always bothers me around the knee and today was no different. Mainly the first 2 sets were iffy. I kept the weights manageable for all exercises as I get a handle on where I'm at with these exercises I haven't done in a while.

houstontexas

Awards
  • Established
Saturday, August 16

10 min foam rolling and stretching

Leg Lifts on Decline: 2 sets of 10

10min on Stair Master

Spent about 15min signing up for a new membership at the gym and then got out of there. My hamstrings are so tight from those leg curls it's crazy.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I've been on a beach vacation down at the Jersey Shore, just got back, so I'll be starting up again today.

I know all about tight hams. Any pose I do in yoga feels like a ham stretch to me even when it shouldn't necessarily be haha..

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
This is a very brief article that was posted recently, but it reminds me how I need to constantly work on ankle mobility. They could've gone into more detail on methods for this (using bands, etc). Poor ankle mobility will cause heels to lift when going very deep, or it will cause altered form, causing greater pressure on the lower back.

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/content/training-tips-tall-5733/

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Went to the sports clinic again today for more work to my IT band and I ended up mentioning something that was also causing a bit of pain at night. My legs / feet get crampy at night, and I pointed to an area that I tend to need to roll out a lot with my lacrosse balls. I got them to stim it with the TENS unit and they did some work on it with the Gravston tools (holy hell Gravston is the definition of pain, but really amazing at releasing tension/adhesions).

Turns out that I have a bit of PTT (Posterior Tibial Tendonitis) going on. We figured out it's from my shoes, not enough support and I'm not using any insoles. Great thing is that there's a podiatrist in the same office. They are hooking me up with Orthotics on Friday, covered by insurance. Fking great... Going to get a pair for my work shoes and my squat/oly shoes.

I'll also be starting some band exercises to strengthen my Posterior Tibial Tendon and Piriformis.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I tried something new last night... went to my hot yoga (advanced) flow class before the gym, to see how this would work... Well it didn't work, the class still obliterated me and I had to go home after =\ It sucks, really trying to find a way to fit in these classes because they are such amazing cardio workouts and are amazing for flexibility / stability. Only problem is that they completely drain me... and if I go to the class after the gym, it's super super painful (burning shoulders and traps). I might have to do an easier class on my gym days, and save the tough one for maybe a once a week session.

On a side note, the class was packed.... packed full of super hot, sweaty flexible women in booty shorts that is. Seems like they all have such an amazing athletic build in there too. Strong legs and thick posterior chain...my absolute favorite.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Wednesday August 20

Super burned out from work, just did band work from home (shoulders / chest / pull-aparts, etc)

Today I am promising myself to dive back into my regular training. Work has been brutally crazy at the office lately and it's been throwing a wrench into things. I don't think I can do a 3x a week fullbody day though, going to create a 4 or 5-day split again.... this had me the most active and worked the best with my hot yoga classes. The 3-day fullbody routine had me super sore all the time and it was almost impossible to practice yoga properly like that. All I wanted to do was recover, not work more. I will try to work in 2 chest/shoulder days into my routine, 1 legs/core day, 1.5 back day, 1 arms/core day, or something like that.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Testing out my endurance today while on 6 caps of MST Cordygen VO2 Ultra, while also changing my training program. I'm going to hit chest hard along with some shoulder/tri work, then 2 back to back hot yoga classes. 1st hot yoga class does not incorporate flow but is still challenging, it's strictly isometric poses/stretches standing and down on the mat. 2nd class is super intense for the 1st half - constant movement and really advanced, 2nd half is spent on the mat doing deep stretches (and catching breath).

I will take my first dose (3 caps) of the MST Cordygen VO2 Ultra during my initial weight training, so it will kick in by my 1st hot class. Then I'll take my 2nd dose just before starting my 1st class, which should kick in for my 2nd class. Going to focus more on my breathing today.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Thursday August 21

Workout #1 - Chest/tris

Machine flies

60 x 10
110 x 12
110 x 10
160 x 10
160 x 10
160 x 10

Cable diagonal flies (single sided)

Left side / high cable
40 x 10
40 x 10
40 x 10

Right side / high cable
40 x 10
40 x 10
40 x 10

Left side / low cable
35 x 10
35 x 10

Right side / low cable
35 x 10
35 x 10

Rear delt flies (just doing a few sets)

40 x 12
70 x 8
70 x 10

Tricep Pushdowns

50 x 12
60 x 10
60 x 10

*Taking it easy on tri's today since I have two yoga classes coming up in the same night - really hits shoulders and tri's.

Ended with 5min of foam rolling

Notes: Drank two scoops of Xtend in 1.5L of water during workout. Had coconut water, 40g Isopure, 2 MST Athlyte caps and 4 Cordygen VO2 Ultra caps immediately post workout

Workout #2 - 75min Hot Yoga class (100 degrees)

75 minutes of 40 challenging static / isometric poses. This was not a flow class (the hot flow class links each pose with vinyasa style flows, which makes it constantly moving). Today's class had no flows, but each pose was held longer, which takes more muscle endurance. The heat still makes it tough on cardio but not as brutal as a flow class.

30min break post class - coconut water + 40g Isopure + 2 more MST Cordygen VO2 Ultra caps

Workout #3 - 60min Hot Yoga class (100 degrees)

This last class was a combination of 30min of extremely intense flows with a final 30min of deep 1-minute stretches on the floor.

Overall notes: Cardio capacity felt amazing while using 6 caps of MST Cordygen VO2 Ultra over the course of these workouts. Now all I need is a magical supplement to help with balance lol (mine sucks in some of the poses). I also need something to help with muscle endurance... Going to pick up a new carb source (MST Infinit-E) and will swap out my Xtend BCAA's with MST RPG which contains BCAA's + EAA's and is far superior for this reason.

houstontexas

Awards
  • Established
Busy week. I'll post up my workouts from this week tonight.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Decided to do a somewhat fullbody routine last night.

Tuesday August 26

Warmed up with a 1.2 mile walk to gym

Foam roll 10min

Squats (back squat - deep ATG)

Bar x 5 - warmed up with wider stance, knees out - felt some pain in my left knee even without weight on the bar
Bar x 5 - same thing
90 x 5 - decided to make my stance narrower and to squat with a very slow controlled movement today, and keep weight down
135 x 10 ATG
135 x 10
135 x 10

Notes: Squats felt fine on back. Not sure what's up with that knee. It was bothering me last week as well, my PT said it's likely due to compensation when I injured my IT band on the other leg. I guess I'll get the voodoo bands out

RDL's low weight high reps

90 x 10
90 x 10
90 x 10

Shoulder D1/D2 (diagonal's)

Warmup 1 set from high one from low (each side

2 sets from high to low diagonal each side
2 sets from low to high diagonal each side

Notes: left shoulder feeling a bit off, voodoo band time

Machine flies

60 x 8
110 x 10
160 x 10
160 x 10
160 x 10

Notes: felt fine

Rear delt flies (machine)

60 x 10
70 x 12
80 x 10

Lat pulldowns

70 x 10
90 x 10
90 x 10

Decline BW sit-ups

Foam roll 10min

Cooled off with 1.2 mile walk home from gym. Forgot to hit arms today.. was distracted =\ Next time.

houstontexas

Awards
  • Established
Put in a crazy amount of hours this week and lost all of my workout info doing a factory reset on my phone. Things are going pretty good though. Strength is going up and I haven't fell apart anymore than usual so that's a good thing.

houstontexas

Awards
  • Established
60 days to a 6 pack starts now!!

Day 1: Saturday, 9/6/14

Starting weight & BF%:
173.6lbs
xx% BF

Workout:

10min stretching and foam rolling

Leg Extensions:
50*25
65*20
80*15
95*15

Lying Leg Curls:
60*10
75*10
90*8

Seated Cable Rows:
60*20
75*15
75*15

Lat Pulldown:
75*15
90*12
105*12

Calves on Leg Press:
225*40
300*30

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Looking good man. And yes, time to get serious again! 60 days it is.

Day 1: Sunday, 9/7/14

Walk 1.5 miles to gym

Foam roll and psoas stretch 10min

Squats

Bar x 10
90 x 5
135 x 8
155 x 5
185 x 5
205 x 5

Machine pec flies

70 x 12