Recipe...

Status
Not open for further replies.

curt2go

Homebrew Help, Inc.
Awards
  • Established
All of those other chemicals are in hand creams makeup,and all other topical creams no matter what they are.Each of those on their own are able to get through the skin. There is no need to worry. Talk to ya..

Chemo

Chemo

Brewing Anabolic Minds
Awards
  • Established
PC1,

Sorry for the delay in answering your questions...and they are indeed valid although unfounded.

First, realize that most ingredients (with the exception of DMSO that some may accidentally spill into the bottle) are present in hand lotions and also cleaners. So if you use a hand lotion (St. Ives for me) on a regular basis you are using a weak version of this recipe.

Second, DMSO is a VERY effective penetration enhancer but so is plain water. They work by different mechanisms but both do their job well. So what exactly gets through the skin that otherwise would not have? Obviously PH's :) Other than that the amounts from the recipe absorbed are tolerated well by most.

Third, keep in mind that the liver is a miracle from God himself. It is the most effective filter that has ever been devised, designed, or actually built. It's job (among many) is to remove compounds that are not suppose to be in circulation and it does it with near 100% efficiency. The ingredients used are not more toxic than excess amounts of protein in that it is metabolized and excreted. Some quick math:

2 mL lotion = ~2 grams X 40% absorption = ~800 mg crossing the skin
~800 - 150 mg PH's = ~650 mg recipe in circulation

Notice that this is a rather small amount considering that your liver also deals with HUNDREDS OF GRAMS throughout the day and the ingredients are not toxic. So, the stress on your body caused by the ingredients crossing the skin with the PH's could be compared to 1 bite of a double Whopper from Burger King...give or take a pickle ;)

If you have any other questions don't hesitate to ask...

Chemo

PC1

Thanks Chem! And you guys are doing a great job on this web site, Kudos.

good_guye28

Awards
  • Established
im sorry to ask this but, what is the final best solution for the PH spray?
i have read so many things telling all different subjects. i just want to know what is the all out best percentages for a spray and for a gel. Chemo i downloaded your spreadsheet which i then bought all the stuff but now you are throwing in dmso.... would the dmso go in with the pro formula that you show on your sheet or what?

you guys are gods in my eyes making this nice and easy for all of us that never studied science....

thanks alot guys
ill be beginning my cycle as soon as i get the definite mix... cant wait
i gained 22lbs on super one plus so i wanna blow that out of the water.

ill keep a daily or weekly thread on the cycle.

mighty_thorax

Awards
ReL fina transdermal

With this modified recipe, is this still suitable for a spray bottle like the androsol bottles, or is more like a ph/plo gel type of application. When I say modified recipe, I am comparing it to the older finasol (IPA, IPM, H2O)

CHEORKEE

Awards
Ok....I havn't had an opportunity to go by the friendly farm supply store to pick up the DMSO. However, I do have a question. I have some stuff here that is for muscle pain. Basically it's:

Camphor
Methol
Methl Salicylate
Glycerl Sterate
Isopropyl Myristate
Alcohol
and some other **** that I've never heard of.

The question is, can this be used a transdermal catalist in lew of the DMSO?

Also, I've come across.....some other stuff that contains Emew (wrong spelling) oil as the catalist.

Any comments is appreciated.

P.S. I'm new to the board so how else to get thing rolling along except ask a few questions.

Thanks
Cherokee

Chemo

Chemo

Brewing Anabolic Minds
Awards
  • Established
Originally posted by CHEORKEE
Ok....I havn't had an opportunity to go by the friendly farm supply store to pick up the DMSO. However, I do have a question. I have some stuff here that is for muscle pain. Basically it's:

Camphor
Methol
Methl Salicylate
Glycerl Sterate
Isopropyl Myristate
Alcohol
and some other **** that I've never heard of.

The question is, can this be used a transdermal catalist in lew of the DMSO?

Also, I've come across.....some other stuff that contains Emew (wrong spelling) oil as the catalist.

Any comments is appreciated.

P.S. I'm new to the board so how else to get thing rolling along except ask a few questions.

Thanks
Cherokee
It depends on what concetrations are present in your "alternative" to determine how effective it will be as a carrier.  It has a few good enhancers but most will have them in the 1-3% range...a good homebrew will have no less than 50% of the volume as enhancers.

Chemo

mighty_thorax

Awards
RE: transdermal

I was dissolving 1 cart of fina in the older 240 ml finasol mix which consists of ISO, IPM, H20. I am going to try the new homebrew formula listed here, and was just unsure if the androsol bottle would suffice. I am not sure if the result would resemble a gel more (like PLO gel) or if it still had a low enough viscosity to mist it on.

My initial post asked about the classic finasol, and many responded back saying it is outdated and sent me a homebrew that looks like the one you listed:

40% everclear
30% ipm
10% oa
10%glycerin
10% dmso

Thanks BDC.

curt2go

Homebrew Help, Inc.
Awards
  • Established
It will only be gel like if you add the carbomer which I do not. If you want to use the androsol bottle just use this recipe...

CHEROKEE--- Some of those are already used in the mix.. The isopropym myristrate, the alcohol(99%) the d-lim we use is a derivitive of menthol.. Also the emu oil the active ingredient in it is Oleic Acid which is used in our mix. Not to sure about the others though... The ingredients for the recipe are very cheap and the recipe is proven to work and workk well.. Hope that helps.. TTY

CHEORKEE

Awards
Thanks for the insight.

Thanks guys for the insight.

I'll give it a shot and see. I've ordered all the rest and picked up the DMSO today. Can't find 99% iso anywhere and had to order. I'll keep this running until I do the mix.

Injection is an option, but homebrew around my house is not an option. The wife don't like the idea of that.

"I wear the pants in the family but she wears the panties"

Thanks again!

Cherokee

mighty_thorax

Awards
Re: recipe

You can find everything at http://www.lemelange.com

You can also just goto the liquor store and get pure ethanol and sub it for the ISO. I went and got the 70% ISO from the drugstore and washed all my glassware with it, then saved the 99% ISO to make the final product.

Also thanks for all the replies bros!

-mt

SCORPIO

Awards
  • Established
Right guys, everclear from the liquor store is what I used on my first couple of cycles......worked well. I ended up finding 99% iso at Costco a local wholesale warehouse.....I just got one bottle, but should have got more, cause they no longer carry it. Mighty T is right, go with lemelange.

I know what you mean about the wife. Mine gets a little irritated when she can't rub me all over like she usually does. The dmso smell is what bothers her more, so this time I am adding 5% d-lim......it also help in emulsifying (sp?) the solution.....mixing oil/water based products.

Your Endo

Awards
Question

Hello, this is my first post and Im glad to have found such a unique board.

Is BDC's T-gel the same as the homebrew formula?>

40% ISOPROPYL ALCOHOL( ISO )
15% ISOPROPYL MYRISTRATE( IPM )
15% ISOPROPYL PALMITATE( IPP )
10% OLEIC ACID( OA )
10% PROPYLENE GLYCOL( PG )
10% DMSO

I understand that the only difference Between the T-gel and "homebrew" is an added carbomer and d-lime, Is this right?

Thanks -Your Endo

SCORPIO

Awards
  • Established
Re: Question

Hello, this is my first post and Im glad to have found such a unique board.

Is BDC's T-gel the same as the homebrew formula?>

10% OLEIC ACID( OA )
10% DMSO

I understand that the only difference Between the T-gel and "homebrew" is an added carbomer and d-lime, Is this right?

Thanks -Your Endo
First of all, welcome YE. Yes, the BCD gel is similar to the HB recipie and yes added carbomer and d-lim are what make that difference. You may want to ask BDC how much % of each he uses and how he mixes it, If you want the gel. Good luck

Your Endo

Awards
Tren and Test

I’m interested in doing a Trenbolone (base) and Testosterone (base) mix. I have access to these powders at a relatively low cost domestically, and assuming I would be attaining a 40% absorption rate from the “T-gel” the possibilities are quite exciting. I would be interested in trying some kind of protocol with someone else. Does anyone have any experience with this kind of topical mix? Feedback please… -Your endo

Your Endo

Awards
More Q's

Also,

Wouldn’t the carbomer gel component “dilute” the BDC transdermal formula? Is the carbomer part added in, or is it just replacing something? If added, it seems to me that the carbomer (gel) component simply dilutes the T-gel over the otherwise “pure” liquid HB form. Sorry about all the Q’s, just a lot I need to know. Please clarify this one for me. Thanks -Your Endo
:confused:

Kitchen Chemist

Awards
  • Established
Here's intstructions on how chemo makes his forumula, carboomer is not replacing anything as t-gel isn't a liquid it's a gel.

Originally posted by chemo :

Here's my recipe for gelling with carbomer 934 (ingredients are for each 8 oz of gel):

Mix 1 gram carbomer to 120 mL i-prop alcohol, mix well with hand blender or similiar (I use a high speed process mixer)

Add 60 mL IPM, mix well

Add 24 mL OA, mix well

Add 12 mL d-limonene, mix well

Add 24 mL PG or Glycerol, mix well

Add triethanolamine drop-wise until gel is attained.

NOTES:

Carbomer 934 tends to clump when it comes in contact with POLAR SOLVENTS such as i-prop alcohol. If using a hand blender or similiar it can be dispersed easily and this won't be too much of a concern.

If an oil layer develops on the surface add 5% more d-limonene (emulsifier) and mix well again. If the oil layer persists add water dropwise until the gel is attained.

Modify the pH AFTER adding all the ingredients. If you adjust after mixing the i-prop and carbomer the solution will become extremely separated and will not gel.

FOR THE FUTURE:

I am ordering some Carbomer 940 which is designed especially for hydroalcoholic gels and will give crystal clear appearance. When I get some I will offer it to the members at cost. The benefits are the clear consistency and the ease of gelling (it is effective at a wider pH range).

Chemo

Your Endo

Awards
Chemo?

Ok, I’m a little confused as to what “pH” means. I’m assuming that you are referring to the acidic level? If so then how is the pH adjusted? Why? When?

Is it necessary to adjust the pH level for a liquid solution the same as for the gel? This brings me back to the question of why is a liquid even converted to a gel in the first place… ?

Also, I see the “PH” used a lot on this site and I originaly thought it was referring to “Pro-Hormones”. Obviously I am no chemist, so can someone clear this whole (pH, PH) thing up for me?

I’m really interested in this whole homebrew idea and I would love to bring some new found knowledge over to my homeland Meso! (www.Mesomorphosis.com) I’ve got a lot of ideas and I appreciate your help on this guys. –Your Endo

P.S. can someone give me the link to ‘clerk2togo’s’ original thread on how the “Perfect Homebrew” formula got started? I heard it was on bb, but I cant seem find it.

PC1

Re: Re: BDC,curt and others

First, welcome to the board!

When we say to keep it low the intention is too keep it around 50 mg/mL concentration.  This has been shown to optimize the absorption.  This is 12 grams of *WHATEVER* in solution and can be a combination of 1-test/4-AD/fina/test base or anything else desired.  Now, above and below 50 the absorption will have diminished returns but is marginal when viewed in terms of a DMSO recipe.

I would definitely recommend the DMSO no matter what.  If you opt to leave the PG or Glycerol out would be OK but will make for more irritation and drying...you're choice.

The 40% estimate is for the DMSO recipe.  If you go with the IPM and OA it may be 10-15%...

Chemo
Hey Chemo, Curt, KitchenChemist et al..........

Great info on this site. You guys have inspired me to try my first homebrew, which I began just 2 days ago. 6g 4AD + 6g 1 test in the 240 ml bottle. I can tell this will be a very effective PH cycle for me because I already feel some new life coming back into my physique, so thanks very much guys.

Question for you on the application please:

If the absorption rate is somewhere around 40% with the dmso recipe, then it stands to reason the other 60% or so remains on the surface of our skin once dry...... and so it largely is wasted.

That being so, wouldn't it make sense to mix up a second bottle of the homebrew recipe WITHOUT any PH, and say within 20 minutes or so, apply that to the same area and utilize some additional portion of what was left unabsorbed by the first application?

I'm not sure if this is true or not, but if we could utilize 40% again of the 60% that went unabsorbed on the first application, that would effectively be another 24% increase in dosage........ without buying any additional PH? Heck, even if we only got another 10% or 15% out of it, the homebrew ingredients are cheap enough, so it seems worthwhile to do.......... no?

Thanks.

PC1

Chemo

Chemo

Brewing Anabolic Minds
Awards
  • Established
Originally posted by Your Endo
Also,

Wouldn’t the carbomer gel component “dilute” the BDC transdermal formula? Is the carbomer part added in, or is it just replacing something? If added, it seems to me that the carbomer (gel) component simply dilutes the T-gel over the otherwise “pure” liquid HB form. Sorry about all the Q’s, just a lot I need to know. Please clarify this one for me. Thanks -Your Endo
:confused:
The thickening agents do not add significant volume (use .5 grams of each, carbomer and methyl cellulose) so the formula is not diluted.  The addition of methyl cellulose was added to help with those that were adding powders other than PH's.  In the case of a pellet, the methyl cellulose binders were leaching the water soluble ingredients and causing the gel to stratify (separate into layers).  If you add the methyl cellulose to begin with and process for a gel you effectively eliminate the stratification.
Originally posted by Kitchen Chemist
Here's intstructions on how chemo makes his forumula, carboomer is not replacing anything as t-gel isn't a liquid it's a gel.

Originally posted by chemo :

Here's my recipe for gelling with carbomer 934 (ingredients are for each 8 oz of gel):

Mix 1 gram carbomer to 120 mL i-prop alcohol, mix well with hand blender or similiar (I use a high speed process mixer)

Add 60 mL IPM, mix well
Add 24 mL OA, mix well
Add 12 mL d-limonene, mix well
Add 24 mL PG or Glycerol, mix well
Add triethanolamine drop-wise until gel is attained.

NOTES:
Carbomer 934 tends to clump when it comes in contact with POLAR SOLVENTS such as i-prop alcohol. If using a hand blender or similiar it can be dispersed easily and this won't be too much of a concern.

If an oil layer develops on the surface add 5% more d-limonene (emulsifier) and mix well again. If the oil layer persists add water dropwise until the gel is attained.

Modify the pH AFTER adding all the ingredients. If you adjust after mixing the i-prop and carbomer the solution will become extremely separated and will not gel.

FOR THE FUTURE:
I am ordering some Carbomer 940 which is designed especially for hydroalcoholic gels and will give crystal clear appearance. When I get some I will offer it to the members at cost. The benefits are the clear consistency and the ease of gelling (it is effective at a wider pH range).

Chemo
One change to this gelling recipe:  add the thickening agents to the PG/Glycerol (water soluble ingredients) FIRST before adding the alcohol.  This is generally easier for homebrewers that do not use a high speed mixer.

Ok, I’m a little confused as to what “pH” means. I’m assuming that you are referring to the acidic level? If so then how is the pH adjusted? Why? When?

Is it necessary to adjust the pH level for a liquid solution the same as for the gel? This brings me back to the question of why is a liquid even converted to a gel in the first place… ?

Also, I see the “PH” used a lot on this site and I originaly thought it was referring to “Pro-Hormones”. Obviously I am no chemist, so can someone clear this whole (pH, PH) thing up for me?

I’m really interested in this whole homebrew idea and I would love to bring some new found knowledge over to my homeland Meso! (www.Mesomorphosis.com) I’ve got a lot of ideas and I appreciate your help on this guys. –Your Endo

P.S. can someone give me the link to ‘clerk2togo’s’ original thread on how the “Perfect Homebrew” formula got started? I heard it was on bb, but I cant seem find it.
The pH is adjusted only if you are interested in gelling the recipe.  Also, you will have to add the thickening agents before it will gel.

Try this:

• Add carbomer/methyl cellulose to water soluble ingredients (PART A)
    These include PG, Glycerol, d-Limonene, i-prop, etc.
  • After the carbomer is completely dissolved adjust the pH to 7.0-7.4 and it will gel immediately with maximum thickness after 15 minutes or so.
  • Add the powders to the oil soluble ingredients (PART B)
    Stir well....
  • Add PART A  to PART B
    Stir well...
This revised method is targeted SPECIFICALLY at homebrewers and represents months of end user experience and feedback.  I've worked with several homebrewers that do not use a high speed mixer (i.e. - the hand mixer from Wal-mart) and this can easily be done...more so than the old one targeted at those with mixers.
Originally posted by PC1
Hey Chemo, Curt, KitchenChemist et al..........

Great info on this site. You guys have inspired me to try my first homebrew, which I began just 2 days ago. 6g 4AD + 6g 1 test in the 240 ml bottle. I can tell this will be a very effective PH cycle for me because I already feel some new life coming back into my physique, so thanks very much guys.

Question for you on the application please:

If the absorption rate is somewhere around 40% with the dmso recipe, then it stands to reason the other 60% or so remains on the surface of our skin once dry...... and so it largely is wasted.

That being so, wouldn't it make sense to mix up a second bottle of the homebrew recipe WITHOUT any PH, and say within 20 minutes or so, apply that to the same area and utilize some additional portion of what was left unabsorbed by the first application?

I'm not sure if this is true or not, but if we could utilize 40% again of the 60% that went unabsorbed on the first application, that would effectively be another 24% increase in dosage........ without buying any additional PH? Heck, even if we only got another 10% or 15% out of it, the homebrew ingredients are cheap enough, so it seems worthwhile to do.......... no?

Thanks.

PC1
PC1,

This is the type of theory application that I love to see from members.  I have long held that this would prove to be more effective (more abosrption) than the traditional method of applying the lotion or homebrew.  It does add some inconvenience to the whole process (as there would be 4 applications a day instead of just 2) but if someone could stick it out for 4 weeks the results would be worth it!

Chemo

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
PC1 nice idea bro. I'm always looking to increase absorbtion, I think we all are. I think it would be worth the trouble. It does make sense when you think about it and as soon as my research supplies come in I'm going to give it a whirl. Late J

curt2go

Homebrew Help, Inc.
Awards
  • Established
That is a good idea that chemo talked about awhile back. I think it would work good BUT then you are putting on double the amount of gel. And for me that would not work. On some cycles I put on 17mls/day.. heheheh. But try it and let us know how it works for you.. TTY

Kitchen Chemist

Awards
  • Established
Bump what these guys said, i remember reading back when you guys first discussed this, and applying a transdermal has been a big enough pain in the ass for me twice a day, don't think i could handle 4 times a day mainly because of the irritation.
What about if you added no DMSO to the mix, i think i could handle that, I assume it would still provide more absorbtion?

curt2go

Homebrew Help, Inc.
Awards
  • Established
You would not be able to handle it. You would stink bad and it would burn your skin even more.. But maybe.. TTY

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
Well I guess the only way were going to find out is by trying it. As I said above as soon as my research chem come in I"m gonna give it a go. The gel doesn't bother my skin at all so I'm hoping it will stay that way:rolleyes: Late J

SCORPIO

Awards
  • Established
I'm like Curt, on my next cycle I will be applying 8ml 2x day.......I'll literally have to cover myself with the stuff! LOL! Curt, how do you do it?

PC1

Absorption

Thanks guys. I guess I should have known someone else in here would have thought about this idea already! Many great ideas from some bright guys for sure.

This is about as annecdotal as it gets, but I gave this idea a tryout this afternoon, using the highly scientific "1-test tongue burn" evaluation.

About 30 minutes after the normal application I applied the homebrew without any PH added...... biceps grew 1/4" 5 minutes afterwards.

Seriously, I noticed that after the second application without any PH added dried, and I rubbed my finger along my shins, and touched my tongue, there was far less burning than I noticed was the case yesterday and the day before. So without being able to quantify it, this appears to draw a fair amount of the residue into my skin that was left behind from the first application. It makes sense based on your feedback as well so that's how I'm going to apply it going forward.

I have to tell you guys that I think this homebrew recipe is the BOMB! With your aforementioned 6g 1-test + 6g 4AD in the 240 ml bottle recipe, I'm doing 4ml's twice a day. I'm only on day 3 guys, and today when I trained biceps, I felt like I could crank them all afternoon long! Biceps is one of the muscles I first notice the effects of either PH's or AS. I don't weigh any more today, but nearly all of my muscle groups just appear more full and pumped. Just a breath of fresh air, and the mild state of euphoria we all experience at the point of realization when the stuff is "working". Nothing like it, is there?

As far as PH's go, I'd already rate this as being far and away the most powerful PH cycle I've done to date, although this is only my 4th cycle so I don't have great depth of experience.

I don't to AS any more, and haven't in something like 18 years. But what amazes me about this recipe is how FAST it has kicked in! My experience with AS is that it takes a good 10-12 days before being able to notice the effects from combination orals/oil based injectibles. And that was typical among the other guys I trained with at the time.

But with this..... 3 days?!?!

Really great stuff.

I would think that even guys who want to cycle AS would benefit greatly by beginning their cycle with a simultaneous transdermal mix such as this.... hell, why wait 10-12 days to start achieving results?!

Maybe that's how guys do it today, I'm obviously out of touch with the AS crowd.

Anyway guys, really, REALLY great work here. Man, I can't wait to see how I look and feel 3 weeks into this?!

Thanks again for all the great info.

SCORPIO

Awards
  • Established
Hey PC1, are you using this formula?

10% OLEIC ACID( OA )
10% DMSO

Which is liquid, or are you using the gel?

Chemo

Chemo

Brewing Anabolic Minds
Awards
  • Established
PC1,

You're enthusiasm towards homebrews are what embodies this board! Curiosity leads to a quest for knowledge and eventually the confidence to try the recipe personally...then the realization that the true gift we give here is the not the ability to homebrew but the enthusiasm to further the work of perfection and spread the knowledge to others.

They can take away prohormones...they may one day even shut down BDC...but, they will never take what is in your head. This board was founded on an open source structure. It is now your mission to help educate the ones that ask.

Everyone, I'd like to re-welcome you back to HOMEBREW, INC.! Let's get back to helping people around here...

Chemo

SCORPIO

Awards
  • Established
Good words Chemo......you spoke the same line my uncle always told me " you can lose your money, home, wife, but you will never lose whats in your head".

Always good ideas floating around here and people helping each other... will continue to do so.

Your Endo

Awards
More confusion

Chemo, are you saying that if I’m only adding pure base AAS’s and not pellets then the methyl cellulose part is not necessary for my gel? Assuming that I’m only adding the carbomer, then how do you adjust the pH to the necessary level? Does the pH adjustment change if I’m using corbomer 940 instead of corbomer 934?

In step 3 you say to add the powder to the oil soluble ingredients. I know this sounds crazy to you, but how do I know what is soluble in oil? OA? Alcohol?

Also, I’m assuming that the order in which you mix the ingredients is not so important as long as you have an electric mixer right?

And for Christ’s sake what the hell is triethanolamine and what is it used for? Ok, well I think that’s it for tonight. Thanks again guys for all your help – Your endo
:eek:

PC1

Hey PC1, are you using this formula?

10% OLEIC ACID( OA )
10% DMSO

Which is liquid, or are you using the gel?
I'm using this formula without the gel, although I also add an additional 5ml of the limonene as suggested. I know it separates when left to stand. But I have a neat leftover bottle/syringe combo from one of my kid's bad colds (oral antibiotic) this past winter. The top of the bottle has a screw in plastic piece that restricts the opening to exactly the size of the syringe tip. I just shake the hell out of it for 30 seconds, and quickly flip it over and draw out the contents 4ml at a time. It seems to be working really well.

Chemo, thanks for your enthusiasm and all your work here. It's too bad our PH's will likely be banned. Stock up now, is all one can do.......

I wish someone could create something like a truly effective leutenizing hormone precursor, something like tribulus but far more effective...... something that would CRANK our own endogenous T production ratner than shut it down. Now THAT would be the next BOMB in this game!

Good luck to you guys

Your Endo

Awards
hello

Chemo, this is in regards to my above post ^ I’m just curios to know if there are any web sites you recommend for me to check. I’m really interested in learning about the whole biological processes of these topic formulas. My basic science knowledge is pretty slim too, so any kind of generic information I could learn from the web would help a lot. Specifically; conversion charts, pH levels, solubility properties, molecular weights, reactions of various chemicals, ect. I’m still waiting for a response to my last post. Anyway thanks again to all. -Your Endo

:cool:

PC1

Update & Skin Advice

Just a brief update and some advice for others with sensitive skin.........

I indicated earlier that I was noticing gains after 3 days. At that point, I decided to increase my dosage from 4 cc's twice a day to 5 cc's 3 times a day. Well today is day 7 in total on this cycle. I've gained 3 pounds in lean body weight, however I LOOK like I've gained 8 pounds, and pumped I look like I've gained 10-12. Great stuff.

The only real negative so far has been the drying and light rash affect on my skin. I've been applying 5 cc's, rubbing it in really well for 2-3 minutes, then reapplying the homebrew WITHOUT any PH's added (to increase the rate of PH absorption, as discussed earlier). To save time, I don't wait more than 1-2 minutes after the first application. I don't measure out another 5 cc's on the second, I just squirt a gob into my hand and re-work the previous application for another 1-2 minutes.

To counter the drying & rash that I'm experiencing, I've begun applying a mixture of Vitamin E oil and Aloe Vera immediately afterwards, and working that into my skin until mostly dry as well. I've also taken to applying all 3 daily applications to the same area for 1 day, and then the next day switching to another area. My thighs and upper arms seem to handle it the best, shins, calves and forearms, the worst, chest inbetween. However, the Vitamin E Oil and Aloe have all but cleared up the drying and early rash that I was beginning to experience, and I encourage those of you who are having the same skin difficulties to try it also.

Good luck,

curt2go

Homebrew Help, Inc.
Awards
  • Established
Re: hello

Chemo, this is in regards to my above post ^ I’m just curios to know if there are any web sites you recommend for me to check. I’m really interested in learning about the whole biological processes of these topic formulas. My basic science knowledge is pretty slim too, so any kind of generic information I could learn from the web would help a lot. Specifically; conversion charts, pH levels, solubility properties, molecular weights, reactions of various chemicals, ect. I’m still waiting for a response to my last post. Anyway thanks again to all. -Your Endo

:cool:
Go to BB.com and look up 2 threads in the supliments part. they are called perfecting homebrew and homebrew perfected. They should answerall your questions. These threads were created about 1 year ago and started the whole homebrewing craze.. heheheh :) TTY

Your Endo

Awards
Hello again

Hey PC1, I see that you are using about 5250mg of PH every week, and you have a 50mg/ml solution correct? Is that 40% alcohol content necessary with your PH concentration? I’m asking because it seems that if you were able to drop the alcohol content then you could replace that with more PG or possibly PEG-400 to help reduce your dryness. Of course the dryness and rash could be in part of the DMSO, what do you think? Also, wouldn’t a gel base keep your skin moisturized longer?

In regards to the concentration level, I have heard many different things concerning what is too much and what is the optimum level. I have heard from Chemo that 50mg/ml is the ideal ratio, but have also heard that one should opt for the lowest concentration level for the best bioavailability. Who knows!

It is also interesting to consider the possibility of using AAS's rather than PH’s. (I hope this topic is not taboo here!) Interesting because, the necessary dose would be considerably lower and could possibly produce much better results than a PH formula. The safety, legal issues, and function would all be interesting to discuss, for sure! As I have posted before, I am interested in using a Trenbolone and Testosterone combination for my future topical formula. Theoretically, (in PC1’s position) you could cut your “powder” content down by 75% (5250mg down to 1312.5mg) by using AAS’s rather than PH’s, and still obtain similar results. Thoughts?

-Your Endo

curt2go

Homebrew Help, Inc.
Awards
  • Established
Definately useing a AAS instead of Ph would definately cut your applications down. You could run 50mg instead of 300 for example. About cutting the ISO. That is waht helps disolve the ph and cutting it out will reduce the amount that you can put into the bottle. The dryness does come from the DMSO. Without it the skin irritation is very limited but the results are not near as good. You take the good with the bad i guess.. TTY

PC1

Your Endo........

I suppose the line of distinction between PH's and AS pratically speaking is really blurry. However, I just don't want the hassle or legal risk that comes with buying something illegal. I didn't care when I was in my 20's, single, and a gym bum. Now I'm married with kids, house, etc. etc.

I bought a large supply of the bulk powder about a month ago, so even if PH's are banned here in the US, I'm still all set.

And I agree with Curt, the drying is likely caused by the dmso. But the Vitamin E oil and Aloe Vera have all but eliminated the problem, much MUCH better.

And btw, PHENOMENAL pump training today. Muscles full of energy, could just keep going and going.......... really freaky for 1 week into a cycle!!!!

;)

Your Endo

Awards
?

So Curt2go what ratio of Powder do you recommend for optimal absorbtion? Also, as I asked before, Wouldnt the conversion to gel reduce the iritation and dryness? Oh and keep up the progress PC1! thanks - Your Endo

PS. Where the hell is Chemo?

curt2go

Homebrew Help, Inc.
Awards
  • Established
First off Chemo is busy runnign this pace and the company and he gets very bogged down with that. there are good guys here that can help you out it will just take time sometimes.. As far as the gel i don;t think it will cut down on irritation becasue you are using all the same ingredients just gelling them... Max Ph would be arounf 15g. You can only get about 12g max of 4-ad in but I can only get 10 and its still cloudy.. 1,4 and 1-test disolve the best. You can put 15g in and it comes out crystal clear. The more the ph is concentrated on the skin the worse the absoption. How much we don;t know. But the more concentrated the solution the more you will want to spread it out on your bdy for optimal absorbtion... Hope all that helps.. TTY

Your Endo

Awards
er

Glad to know Chemo is still alive. I meant no disrespect, I'm just a little anxious to learn... :D What kind of experience do you guys have with AAS as far as mixing for a transdermal? It seems odd to me that I dont see more posts about it. It almost seems that this site is exclusive to PH's. Just wondering

- Your Endo

curt2go

Homebrew Help, Inc.
Awards
  • Established
Go to the steroids sections and you will find some people that are doing trans AAS right now.. TTY

Your Endo

Awards
Thoughts?

What is triethanolamine and what is it used for?

Also, I remember reading about i-menthol or menthol crystals and apparently they are effective transdermal delivery agents, what do you think curt?

Thanks - Your Endo

Kitchen Chemist

Awards
  • Established
Tri is used to thicken the recipe along with carbomer.
Menthol crystals are used for the yohimbine transdermal

Your Endo

Awards
Menthol?

Why cant the menthol be used in a AAS formula?

Also I am still unclear on what the the methyl cellulose is used for in the BDC formula, and why is it not included in the homebrew?

Thanks bros -Your endo:eek:

Kitchen Chemist

Awards
  • Established
Methylcellulose is used for gelling the ingredients, works the same way that carbomer does.

Your Endo

Awards
k

Thanks kit chemist.

Curt2go what do you think on the above ^?

Also I wanted to start a new "Perfecting Homebrew" tread over at bb.com, do I have your permission?

Thanks- Your Endo

curt2go

Homebrew Help, Inc.
Awards
  • Established
The menthol is effective but the ingredients in the homebrew work sinergistically. Like the OA with the IPM . The d-lim that chemo and some others put in is a derivitive of menthol and it smells better. You could add that. It also helps to emulsify brew. Abou the thread. I don't care but to tell you the truth you probably won't get much responce cause all the brewers are now here.. :) TTY

Your Endo

Awards
Idea's

Curt2go,

I sort of wanted to reopen the “blueprints” on the Homebrew formula and discuss another means of administration. I’m very interested in creating a kind of “homebrew patch” in hopes of gaining a better absorption rate. Kind of like a body strap that you could simply wrap around a leg, torso, arm, whatever.

I’m extending off of Chemo’s original idea about the “saran wrap” method. I see some potential as well as some obvious problems with using saran wrap and I would like to improve upon it. I do have some new ideas of my own, but I need some help on the mater for I am not a chemist.

Personally, I felt that if I posted these ideas on a larger board then I would attract some new followers and some well needed attention. Of course the more people involved in a project then the more support you will gain. Would you and Chemo be able to help me out on this? Thanks bros – Your Endo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Beau Nutrition / Health 13
MadStax Anabolics 0
GreenMachineX Nutrition / Health 13
f4iguy Nutrition / Health 3
delsolrob Recipes 1