Protein Sludge Recipes

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
As in the title, what's your protein sludge recipe? I didn't know it was so popular until I just read through the "how much protein do you supplement" thread. I need some ideas.

ReformedNerd

Awards
Melted dark chocolate with casein (most any flavor)

DieselNY

DieselNY

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
As in the title, what's your protein sludge recipe? I didn't know it was so popular until I just read through the "how much protein do you supplement" thread. I need some ideas.
I either use a low carb Greek yogurt (unflavored), sometimes a low carb flavored one as the base then add in some whey protein. You need to mix whey with something other than just liquid or ir will just be a watery chunky mess. Cheaper whey or whey+ blend will be easier to turn into sludge.

If not yogurt then I use unsweetened almond milk, mix some plant protein with whey (can also use micellar casein but I think plant protein works way better). Other options is to add a big heaping tablespoon or 2 of powdered peanut butter (which is a plant protein) to your whey and that will make for a good sludge consistency.

Start with 4oz liquid then add powder then slowly add more liquid as needed until its the consistency you want.

Lately I've been mixing 1 heaping scoop of chocolate brownie batter plant protein and 2 scoops peanut butter cookie flavor whey protein isolate with unsweetened vanilla almond milk, eat with spoon. It's like eating a Reese's peanut butter cup. It's like a treat and I have it every day. I haven't had a "shake" in decades.

I sometimes throw in a handful of some protein puffs as well for added crunch and protein.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Core Pudd'n & water makes a great Sludge, I will mix in some oat for a very tasty breakfast !

Core Pudd'n.jpg

lamarclark09

Awards
Protein and oats sure sound like a good and healthy treat. I’ll try that too.

cakecamel

Awards
my protein sludge recipe is pretty simple. I mix a scoop of my favorite protein powder with just enough water to make a thick, pudding-like consistency. Then I throw in some tasty add-ins like crushed up cookies, peanut butter, or fruit to switch it up. It's a quick and easy way to get in some protein and satisfy my sweet tooth at the same time. What about you? Got any tasty add-ins to recommend?

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Frozen Chocolate Chips are always a good choice!!

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I use protein sludge on top of my overnight oats and cream of rice.

Lots of people mix the protein in but then the flavor gets so tame.

For Cream of Rice i cook the rice flour (4 times as much water as powder) then i add frozen berries and fruit to cool it down, along with some 80% dark chocolate. Then in a seperate bowl i add protein and just enough water to get it thick. Spread it on top of my cream of rice and I have a perfect pre or post workout meal.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I use protein sludge on top of my overnight oats and cream of rice.

Lots of people mix the protein in but then the flavor gets so tame.

For Cream of Rice i cook the rice flour (4 times as much water as powder) then i add frozen berries and fruit to cool it down, along with some 80% dark chocolate. Then in a seperate bowl i add protein and just enough water to get it thick. Spread it on top of my cream of rice and I have a perfect pre or post workout meal.
Sounds Good!