Reasons for not starting with Strong PHs

BayChamp

Awards
My first PH cycle was Epol (superdrol with some Tren). I had great results without any "obvious" sides as of yet (knock on wood). Trying not to get into all the details surrounding this again but I didn't know what I was taking and had not even heard of PCT at the time. Since then I've learned a tremendous amount.
Something that I keep coming across that I need some clarity on....
I keep reading that strong cycles like superdrol should not be used on a first cycle and should only be used after a few "lesser" cycles.
I am wondering if the reason for this is.....

a) for safety, some people may be more prone to the side effects of these PH compounds and it would be better to test oneself on a weaker product first?

or

b) By starting with the stronger compounds, will the weaker/lesser/less harsh compounds (halodrol for example), have less of an effect now???

thanks for any info.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
c) Too many guys jump on these products which are all steroids (not prohormones) before they have all that good of a grasp on diet + training fundamentals, so they can't even maximize out the effects of a weak one, much less the strong ones.

Libertarian

Awards
  • Established
b) By starting with the stronger compounds, will the weaker/lesser/less harsh compounds (halodrol for example), have less of an effect now???
It's a myth that you need to gradually run "stronger" compounds or run higher dosages to continually make gains. True, it does become harder to make gains the bigger you get, but that doesn't mean that the compounds themselves are "less effective", or that you've somehow built a "tolerance" to steroids. True, "big" guys and especially higher-level competitors are most likely running comparatively huge dosages, but I've read logs where 220lbs+ guys who have been cycling for years were still making good gains with 500mg/week Testosterone - something that is considered the standard "beginner" cycle.

The main reason people recommend "mild" compounds is because some side effects can be a lot for some people who are new to steroids. I will say, though, that people go a little overboard with that idea. For example, if someone wants to run anything more than 500mg/week of Test on their first cycle, "bros" will likely tell them that they are running too much. Well, my first cycle was 500mg/week and looking back I wish I had run 750mg/week considering the side effects I had at 500mg were pretty much non-existent.

CodyK7

CodyK7

Awards
My first PH cycle was Epol (superdrol with some Tren). I had great results without any "obvious" sides as of yet (knock on wood). Trying not to get into all the details surrounding this again but I didn't know what I was taking and had not even heard of PCT at the time. Since then I've learned a tremendous amount.
Something that I keep coming across that I need some clarity on....
I keep reading that strong cycles like superdrol should not be used on a first cycle and should only be used after a few "lesser" cycles.
I am wondering if the reason for this is.....

a) for safety, some people may be more prone to the side effects of these PH compounds and it would be better to test oneself on a weaker product first?

or

thanks for any info.

Seems like alot of broscience to me.

dpfisher

I guess you could find out what sides you are prone to, what types of sides are worth worrying about, that kind of stuff.

Tansui

Tansui

Awards
  • Established
it takes discipline to run a cycle and remain in good health, many 1st timers may not take this truth into account. By starting out with a compound with less potential sides, one can mitigate some of the damage of being less disciplined. At least that's the hope...

rugal09

rugal09

Awards
building tolerance to side effects I would say. Also for a first time PH user, the gains from an hdrol cycle would be the same as the gains from a mdrol cycle except the latter would be quite harsh with respect to sides. So why take the risk?