Rampage vs. Hendo

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Only 1.5 weeks away my friends. Let's start up the discussion.

I listened to a little bit of Quadros' radio show on Sherdog radio, and was surprised that all 3 guys were picking Dan. They thought that Dan would get in Page's face like Shogun and Wand and that Page might take the fight a little lightly. They also seemed think that Page would lose the drive if Dan started to dominate.

Some of it seems pretty reasonable, and now I'm not sure that Rampage is the automatic choice that I once thought he was.

CNorris

CNorris

Banned
Awards
  • Established
There is no way I can count out Dan after watching him against Wandy. I really really hope Dan wins, but either Dan or Rampage won't be champ too long with how deep 205 is becoming.

Best case scenario IMO is Dan wins, moves down to 185 and fights Anderson Silva. I think Dan could be pretty marketable in the U.S. so I hope Dana makes it happen.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think Dan could go down to 185 but I dont think he will if he wins.

Bobby Lee

Awards
I want Rampage to win this, but after watching Hendo handle Wandy I can't bet against him here.

Both guys are crazy marketable to the US fans if done right

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
I really don't see Hendo having a good chance. Wandy was not himself that night, I know, excuses excuses. Rampage is bigger and better. I'd give Hendo a 25% chance of winning.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
I really don't see Hendo having a good chance. Wandy was not himself that night, I know, excuses excuses. Rampage is bigger and better. I'd give Hendo a 25% chance of winning.
Very true that Wand didn't look himself that night. The way I originally saw it, Rampage is big enough and strong enough to keep the fight where he wants it. His standup is more technically sound than Dan's and could land him a KO in the earlier rounds. Dan is tough as nails when the big fight comes around, though. If he can survive for a while, Page could be in trouble in the later rounds.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Cardio is never a concern for either of them and Rampage is the stronger of the two. Outside of the second fight with Wand, Hendo has had trouble with fighters that are bigger than him. I say Rampage by TKO in the 3rd. Dan's striking is just not good enough to take apart Rampage like Chute Boxe.

brass monkey

brass monkey

Awards
  • Established
It depends on wich Rampage shows up. i dont care for him much. I think he is going to win.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think Hendo takes it. I dont see Hendo being finished and I could see Page gassing out prior to Hendo. Would I be surprised if Page took it, no. In fact I would prefer that Hendo lose so he moves to 185

Rogue Drone

Awards
  • Established
Rampage here also.

To my knowledge, Page has beaten all the punch oriented wrestlers he's faced, notably Randelman, Arona, Eastman and Lindland. Hendo doesn't have the clinch knees of Wandy or the general fluidity of striking of Shogun, nor their continous aggressiveness.

Watching the buildup to the fights with Wandy, Silva really got into Page's head, he may have been psychologically offset by the Chute Boxe guys, but I don't think he's mentally put off by anyone else.

I'm not sold on Hollywood Henderson. He's getting a lot of cred for punching out Wanderlei, but Wandy's unknown condition after the Cro Cop KO and his probable illlness before that fight makes that a questionable victory to hang one's hat, or in this case, belt on.

exnihilo

exnihilo

Awards
  • Established
This is gonna be a great fight. I think if both fighters show up this fight leans towards Rampage, though it's going to be a war. Hendo has a lot of credit for the Wand KO, however Rampage's wrestling skills are good enough to spend the majority of the night on his feet, and he's got better standup.

If there's any reason to give the nod to Dan, it's because I have a feeling Rampage probably isn't going to take him as seriously as he should, and I'm 100% sure Hendo is going to show up for this fight.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
The more I think about it, the more I think Rampage again.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Now that Dana has said that there will not be a PRIDE belt after this fight, I want Hendo to win just to get in one last shot. God, I f*cking hate Dana:frustrate

Rogue Drone

Awards
  • Established
In principal I agree with you Rodja, Dana White is the Devil, but in practical terms blame Pride the Organization, they horribly mismanaged spectacular stadium filled and TV watched events with the best talent into ruin, stupid ****nuts.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Now that Dana has said that there will not be a PRIDE belt after this fight, I want Hendo to win just to get in one last shot. God, I f*cking hate Dana:frustrate
no pride nut hugging here Rodja :lol:

In the end, lets just hope for the best fights.

I dont think White is a "nice" guy based on how he portrays himself, however he is a wise business man and has done a lot for the sport. Lets just hope he can get Fedor than I am happy

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
I see two outcomes:

Page by tko/ko... or
Henderson by Sub.

Page better work his sub escapes.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
That, and Rampage has never been subbed, except against Saku in his first Pride appearance.

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, but I'm just speculating. I believe hendo will attempt to sub him somehow. Of course he will work the hands, but I see him attempting a leg or footlock, even armbar.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Right on. I doubt he'll ever be in great position to attempt any of those subs. If he goes for leg or foot lock he will most likely get smashed. You could be right though, we'll see soon enough.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
How many times do we see Hendo getting slammed?

I say at least 2.

fbxdan

fbxdan

Awards
  • Established
I see Henderson taking this. You have to put him as one of the top 5 p4p fighters in MMA right now. Once he hits Jackson with his straight right... Its over. Should be a great fight

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Quinton has a great chin. Dan will throw that big right and get countered with combinations. Even if Dan lands it, it's not likely it will put Quinton out. Hendo is way overhyped, and Quinton will prove it Saturday night. Then Hendo will go down to 185 where he belongs.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I see Henderson taking this. You have to put him as one of the top 5 p4p fighters in MMA right now. Once he hits Jackson with his straight right... Its over. Should be a great fight
Rampage has been KO'd once in his career and he has taken a barrage of shots from Wand and Shogun that did not put him down. Only after a grueling war, a devastating right hook and several knees has Rampage been KO'd. I seriously doubt that Hendo has the power to be the second person to KO Rampage. He may outwork him or out-wrestle him, but not KO him.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Rampage has been KO'd once in his career and he has taken a barrage of shots from Wand and Shogun that did not put him down. Only after a grueling war, a devastating right hook and several knees has Rampage been KO'd. I seriously doubt that Hendo has the power to be the second person to KO Rampage. He may outwork him or out-wrestle him, but not KO him.
Not to mention that nasty hook he absorbed from Randleman. That would've KO'd almost anyone, besides the Hunt's and Nog's of the world.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
I agree. Page has a solid chin, and Dan will probably get too wild and get countered. Juanito seems like he gives Quinton a lot of structure as well, which is what he needs and has lacked in the past. I could see Dan possibly winning a decision. I don't see a sub happening for sure. Hmmm, will Dan still be "Decision" Dan in the UFC (ie get gift decisions)?

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Not to mention that nasty hook he absorbed from Randleman. That would've KO'd almost anyone, besides the Hunt's and Nog's of the world.
...and the Goulet's, Arlovski's, and Salomon Hutcherson's of the world.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
...and the Goulet's, Arlovski's, and Salomon Hutcherson's of the world.
Throw Grove in their too I guess, go Team Dagger:head: Nice 2.2 pound weight increase:woohoo:

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
The only ending I can envision is by decision. Both guys are hard as hell to finish. Hendo has only been finished by the Nogs. Rampage, as a mature fighter, was only finished by Wand and Shogun (I've said before why I think he is vulnerable to their style).

I do think Hendo has a chance at controlling Quinton, and this could look something like Rampage vs Linland. However, I think it will be much more exciting, as Rampage seems to be beyond that gun shy phase, and Hendo has much better hands than Linland. I think it will be an exciting, technical war, with Rampage taking a close decision. I can't wait!

Rogue Drone

Awards
  • Established
Spike TV will air a 60-minute “Countdown to UFC 75” special on Wednesday (11 p.m. ET/PT), Thursday (10 p.m. ET/PT) and Saturday (6 p.m. ET/PT) of this week.

This is pretty good, apart from the excess of music. Did'nt know that Juanito was training Kongo, as well as Page and Bisping.

I don't have a good feeling about Mirko versus Cheick, his sparring with Bonjasky has me feeling uneasy about his chances. Hope I'm wrong.

JZ7757

Awards
  • Established
I'll take Rampage...

He just looked really great with Chuck, even though it was quite short. Plus i feel that his improvments with his camp has made the difference for him.

Frankly, I think people are overhyping Dan and giving him too much credit for beating Wand. Wandy did not look like Wandy at all in that fight, he just looked slow and certainly not as crisp. Nevertheless, Dan did something Page couldnt do on two occasions, and that was beat one of the best 205lb guys in the world.

Don't get my wrong, Dan a great fighter, but at 185lbs. He barley makes 200lbs at weight in, nevermind the weight that will be added come fight time. He will look very small to Rampage and will get muscled a little because of it. Allot if he didnt have a good quality wrestling back ground.

Im pretty sure both will go into this looking for a slug fest, then I see Dan losing that battle. :)

Last edited:
pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I really have a hard time with this but im gonna settle on Rampage. I also think he looked good just the way he came out with precision and focus against Iceman. Who knows how he will come in on this fight but I gotta go with him. I think Hamil takes Bispring too. Im gonna go out on a limb and take the underdog Kongo on this one.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
I really have a hard time with this but im gonna settle on Rampage. I also think he looked good just the way he came out with precision and focus against Iceman. Who knows how he will come in on this fight but I gotta go with him. I think Hamil takes Bispring too. Im gonna go out on a limb and take the underdog Kongo on this one.
I was gonna say Hamill as well, but after seeing that Bisping has been training with Juanito and Page and Hamill has been training with dudes that I've never heard of, I'll take Bisping. Bisping was dumb against Schafer trying wild high kick that set him up for the easy take down, but hopefully he'll be smarter against someone that can keep him down if he gets him down.

I'm confused about CC. Who knows?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I was gonna say Hamill as well, but after seeing that Bisping has been training with Juanito and Page and Hamill has been training with dudes that I've never heard of, I'll take Bisping. Bisping was dumb against Schafer trying wild high kick that set him up for the easy take down, but hopefully he'll be smarter against someone that can keep him down if he gets him down.

If history repeats itself, then CC is going to go on a pretty long streak of beatdowns. After the first fight w/ Randleman, CC tore up PRIDE. Hopefully, he regains the focus he had for the OWGP last year.

JZ7757

Awards
  • Established
^yes and after seeing the countdown and his demeanor, this looks to be very probable. Nevermind all the stuff we have seen him doing since the loss, but well know for sure on Sat.

Now, granted he will face better competition in the UFC than he did in 04/05 on his tear, so his tear could possibly be short, but it will be good to see the old cro cop back!

Side note, he seems to be loosening up a bit to the UFC/US fan base with his wearing of the ufc T's everywhere, his "**** happens" comment and retard boxer immitation in the live press conference. lol.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established

Bisping ain't losing to Hamill, especially on home court. I think Crocop will destroy Kongo within the first round. And as you know, I know pretty much everything, so there you have it:think:

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Now, granted he will face better competition in the UFC than he did in 04/05 on his tear, so his tear could possibly be short, but it will be good to see the old cro cop back!
Better competition?? After his KO to Randleman, he beat Barnett 3x, Aleks, Coleman, Wand, and Randleman. That is a hell of a tear with only a split decision loss to Hunt in there as well.

JZ7757

Awards
  • Established
Better competition?? After his KO to Randleman, he beat Barnett 3x, Aleks, Coleman, Wand, and Randleman. That is a hell of a tear with only a split decision loss to Hunt in there as well.
Yes, i would say his competition now will be much better. I was only considering his tear up to his loss to Fedor, even though he kept winning.

With the HWD being quite "stacked" now with Nog, Vera, Sylvia, Couture, Arlovski, Kongo, etc. he will not have some of the "easy fights" as he did before. Also the cage/elbows things too plays into the competition edge. I really want to say "did" hoping/assuming that he adapts well from here on out.

Aleks is an OK fighter from what ive seen which isnt much, but he is a good win and HL reel addition.

Barnett was good (one of those wins was injury)

Frankly, I would consider his first two fights back and the coleman and randleman's easy fights.

Cole/Rand arent even good fighters. Mirko made really quick work of them, one with submission. They are both notorious for being wrestlers that just have not adapted to the sport over time.

Hunt is a tuff hard headed guy, which mirko has beat in K1, so im not worried about that, esp cause he kept winning

So yes, there will be no gimmie's, esp with him making 350k per fight, he will have to be at his best every fight.

On that note, i want to see him face Arlovski next for a #1 contender bout, assuming Fedor is not on board. :)

exnihilo

exnihilo

Awards
  • Established
Arlovski would get put to sleep by Mirko almost certainly. It would be an entertaining fight for a while though. I think Vera would be a slightly better fight but it's still not up to Mirko's level.

I'm actually really looking forward to Couture versus Nog, that should be an awesome fight. I think Nog is a slightly better overall fighter but I expect the way Randy fights will give him problems (watch Nog vs Ricco Rodriguez to get an idea what I'm talking about). Honestly I think Couture's style would have causes problems for Mirko as well, though it plays right into Fedor's game.