Questions-Cyclic Keto Diet +Clen+Cycle

time2change30

Awards
Ok, so I am getting ready to start a cycle in about 3 weeks. I have recently started using the CKD and like the results. I was curious of the effects Clen would have while on this diet, compounded with a cycle. Does anyone have personal experience or knowledge they can share on this. My stats are below:
6'5"
240lbs
I train with a split week routine with one full body on Sat before a Sunday carb up. I am planning on going to two carb ups while on cycle due to the increase in training intensity. I also do 30-45 min of cardio 3-4 times a week.

Also, if this question would fit better in the anabolic forum please let me know.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
actually while in ketosis you are relying on a completely different method of losing fat. and clen will not really be effective enough to warrant its use during those times your in ketosis. you how ever could use it during your carb ups. dosed over typical 6pm Friday until 6 pm sun you may find that a viable way to use it. as far as the diet goes.. I have used it while on cycle in the past and if your good at it, its a great way to grow lean mass ime.

time2change30

Awards
actually while in ketosis you are relying on a completely different method of losing fat. and clen will not really be effective enough to warrant its use during those times your in ketosis. you how ever could use it during your carb ups. dosed over typical 6pm Friday until 6 pm sun you may find that a viable way to use it. as far as the diet goes.. I have used it while on cycle in the past and if your good at it, its a great way to grow lean mass ime.
Thanks, I think that would be a good use of clen. I know that it will take a little while to get an exact science down on my carb ups and clen would definitely benefit during those days. This will be my first time running a cyclic keto on gear. My last cycle I was a little younger and a lot dumber and went with the eat big to get big....not that it doesn't work, but I think I should have been more selective with my food choices. This time around I want to do it right.

Grayson

Grayson

Awards
  • Established
Eh, i'd stay away during clen for your carb ups. Beta2 agonists have a negative effect on insulin, which is good when you're dieting, but not carbing up.

I'd use it throughout the week and make sure your last dose is 36 hours before your depletion workout before the carb up.

Ex.
Depletion/carb up friday night -> last dose of clen is thursday morning.

time2change30

Awards
How much time do you leave between your completion workout and your carb up? Also, do you find better results with a full body depletion workout? Good advice on the clen timing, and yeah when you factor in the way clen works that does make sense.

Grayson

Grayson

Awards
  • Established
I'm following lyle mcdonald's ud2, which is like a cyclical diet minus the keto. For argument's sake it's practically the same thing.

I carb up immediately after my depletion workout. Ex: 30min post workout 150g waxy maize with 50g hydro whey, they 2 hours later I'll have a meal with the same macros. On my carb ups I barely consume any fat. My carb ups last 24 hours and I try and get in 12-16g/kg CHO.

time2change30

Awards
I'm following lyle mcdonald's ud2, which is like a cyclical diet minus the keto. For argument's sake it's practically the same thing.

I carb up immediately after my depletion workout. Ex: 30min post workout 150g waxy maize with 50g hydro whey, they 2 hours later I'll have a meal with the same macros. On my carb ups I barely consume any fat. My carb ups last 24 hours and I try and get in 12-16g/kg CHO.
That's what I was thinking....same as protein after a normal workout. Do you clean carb during this 24 hour period? And sorry for the dumb question but you don't mean 12-16g per kg of LBM....I was a little confused on that part.

Grayson

Grayson

Awards
  • Established
That's what I was thinking....same as protein after a normal workout. Do you clean carb during this 24 hour period? And sorry for the dumb question but you don't mean 12-16g per kg of LBM....I was a little confused on that part.
Yes per LBM.

I use starchy carbs like bagels, corn flakes, rice and potatoes. The evening after my workout I enjoy sugary cereal with milk or poptarts and same in the morning. But as the day progresses, I do bagels from the deli (you can look up the calories by googling usda bagel calories) with philly no fat cream cheese. Lunch will be rice or pasta with grilled chicken and at night I'll have either turkey sandwiches or low fat pizza bagels with turkey pepperoni and no fat marinara. So it's relatively clean.

And protein is 1g/lb (not lbm), but I usually go over this by 100g since having protein with a meal enhances the insulin response.

I'm also running a log here and at lyle's forum: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/254067-clen-ostar1ne-ultimate.html

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
while I can agree to disagree with the clen timing..
I simply have to disagree to the whole no fats over the weekend. in fact I was sure by now that everyone would be privy to aragons meta analysis. there is absolutely 0 impact on insulin from added fats. meaning that after yrs of CKDs I found this to be 100% accurate.. no need to deny yourself the joy of some fat over the carb ups.. I use 2% milk.. and eat a lot of nuts during the carb ups.. in fact duchaine recommended a handful of walnuts with each meal. want a slice of your favorite zza? have at it.

also to the OP .. when you talk about clean carbs for your carb up, you will actually need a little of all kinds of carbs.. the first 12 hrs should be liquid carbs like dextrose or malto, karbolyn. that's like pretty much strait sugar. after that.. the next 12 hrs should be starchy.. the next 12 should be low glycecmic (clean) carbs. then the final 2 meals should return back to sugars.. as this will cause an insulin crash thus helping you reach into keto faster.