PWO Gatorade or Waxy Maize for carb source

FitModel

FitModel

Awards
  • Established
For the past 6+ months i've been doing 70G waxy maize (Glycomaize) with 30 G protein. Post workout. I THINK this has been a good formula.

I'm 8 weeks out from a show and my new coach has me doing 16oz Gatorade with 45G Protein. - I definitely enjoy this shake but I'm afraid the sugar and additional artificial flavoring could harm my physique. My coach said he likes dextrose for post workout...

What do you guys think?

Right now I might try this out for the next 4 weeks, then final month switch back to 1 scoop glycomaize (35g c post workout)...I will probably stop protein shakes final week.

rockme

rockme

Awards
For the past 6+ months i've been doing 70G waxy maize (Glycomaize) with 30 G protein. Post workout. I THINK this has been a good formula.

I'm 8 weeks out from a show and my new coach has me doing 16oz Gatorade with 45G Protein. - I definitely enjoy this shake but I'm afraid the sugar and additional artificial flavoring could harm my physique. My coach said he likes dextrose for post workout...

What do you guys think?

Right now I might try this out for the next 4 weeks, then final month switch back to 1 scoop glycomaize (35g c post workout)...I will probably stop protein shakes final week.
I would stay with your waxy maize. If it's been working all this time, why would you change it eight weeks out? Stick with what works. I'm six weeks out and have been doing 25g of karbolyn from Labrada's Power Carb with 12 oz of Gatorade and 30 g WPI. Many have advised me to ditch this formula for my precontest, but it is working, so why mess with it? I am going to ditch the Gatorade three weeks out though. But the Power Carb will stay.