Pure PF3: Patent Pending Pharma Protein - Loggers Needed

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Your points just don't even make sense man...

Your references don't support your product - That is the foundation of my complaint. Therefore, my complaint is not unfounded - your lousy references are what its based off of!

Yes, the ANABOLIC benefits of PF3 are hypothetical - as in, you have no data to support it, so all you can do is hypothesize.

Every reference I can find and that you have provided only finds benefit for IGG/immunopeptide supplementation with ENDURANCE training or with IBS patients. When you start showing me ANABOLISM, then we're on the right track! How many ENDURANCE trainees we got on AM? How many of you guys are out there running marathons on a regular basis?

Oh and don't think I've forgotten about annotating the rest of the write-up refs - that's still coming for all you interested guys. I just gotta find the time for it...
Well, to be fair, supplementing with colostrum does seem to show an increase in IGF-1 levels in training humans so if PF3 is very close to what colostrum is doing, it's not a large leap of the imagination that PF3 can have at least some recovery benefits. Actual notable anabolic effects though, just like with Bio-Gro, I don't believe that PF3 could really provide any notable anabolic effects.

http://jap.physiology.org/content/93/2/732.long

thescience

thescience

Awards
  • Established
Your points just don't even make sense man...Your references don't support your product - That is the foundation of my complaint
. i can see why you would want to shift the discussion now that your claims about igg/colostrum are crumbling. i put the links up to illustrate that igg ect has effect beyond the mere effect of gut inflammation that you have limited it to until this post.
Every reference I can find and that you have provided only finds benefit for IGG/immunopeptide supplementation with ENDURANCE training or with IBS patients. When you start showing me ANABOLISM, then we're on the right track! How many ENDURANCE trainees we got on AM?
ok, so now youve gone from saying that the contents in colostrum and pf3 merely have an anti inflammatory effect on the gut to finally admitting to the existance of its benefits on endurance; once again you have shifted your argument. also, dont you remember saying this about colostrum?:

It's had 20+ years to show its stuff if it had any...
looks like youve changed your stance, again. glad to see my posts , which you're deriding, are having such an effect on where you stand.
i promise you will always be able to latch onto something else to be discontent about as long as you:1) never actually try the stuff2) never come up with any reasons relating to the substance for having your doubts (you have not posted any information negating any of this, not even an attempt to, just your unfounded doubt). im sorry you find the studies i put up thus far so offensive, but they say alot more than your unfounded and shifting disputes.

it may or may not interest you to know that IGf-1 from colostrum did end up in the bloodstream of those winning olympians. i would consider the colostrum they were taking to be anabolic

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
As I've said before, multiple times - ALL I WANT IS ANSWERS TO MY QUESTIONS.

- It does NOT matter to me if I am wrong (As I've said before, if PF3 works, I want it)

- I have no agenda

- I just want to know in clear concise english with half-decent references:

- Is there scientific reason to believe that PF3 can stimulate anabolism (through whichever mechanism, be it MPS or anti-inflammation) in a manner equivalent or superior to other proteins at the dose it's presented in?

- Is there scientific reason to believe that other protein powders are "97% ineffective" and that it's only the 3% bio-active fraction has any effect?

- Finally, how well do the references provided answer these two questions?

Edit: so in other words, I guess its both - What can it do and what justified it being promoted as it was.
Can I please have these answered without having to read through 46 references on my own? And maybe with a touch of civility? Y'know actual discussion rather than just having a rep belittle my questions for pages on end? Especially when so far, the references I've gone through from the write-up were so lackluster...

I mean, this whole debacle, for which my interest and patience have more than waned, could be ended with a single, explanatory well written post from a knowledgable MAN rep. Can we please just make that happen?

I'm sure everyone else here wants to see this resolved as well (hmm, why does that word sound familiar...).

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
it may or may not interest you to know that IGf-1 from colostrum did end up in the bloodstream of those winning olympians. i would consider the colostrum they were taking to be anabolic
I have seen no study thus far that supports this notion. What I have found is the study I referred to previously where they have seen increases in IGf-1 but this was due to the body being signaled to produce more rather than the actual IGf-1 from colostrum having been able to get into plasma circulation intact.

Touey

Touey

Awards
As I've said before, multiple times - ALL I WANT IS ANSWERS TO MY QUESTIONS.

- It does NOT matter to me if I am wrong (As I've said before, if PF3 works, I want it)

- I have no agenda

- I just want to know in clear concise english with half-decent references:
This is bananas if you have not the answers you seeking through all this I think you will not get it but that just humble opinion I have.

thescience

thescience

Awards
  • Established
I have seen no study thus far that supports this notion. What I have found is the study I referred to previously where they have seen increases in IGf-1 but this was due to the body being signaled to produce more rather than the actual IGf-1 from colostrum having been able to get into plasma circulation intact.
yeah, they chinese i think wanted america disqualified because of the bovine igf-1 in the bloodstream. the video you referenced me from isatori also mentions how this happens at the end of it

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
yeah, they chinese i think wanted america disqualified because of the bovine igf-1 in the bloodstream. the video you referenced me from isatori also mentions how this happens at the end of it
So, the IGf-1 actually made it into circulation in plasma? I was thinking about the Mero study from 2002(?) where they found the IGf-1 level increase of 17%(?) and IgA increase of 30% in saliva but in that study they noted that they didn't believe the IGf-1 increase was due to actual bovine IGf-1 making it into circulation in plasma but rather the colostrum may have signalling abilities to get the body to increase IGf-1 production when under a training regimen.

thescience

thescience

Awards
  • Established
So, the IGf-1 actually made it into circulation in plasma? I was thinking about the Mero study from 2002(?) where they found the IGf-1 level increase of 17%(?) and IgA increase of 30% in saliva but in that study they noted that they didn't believe the IGf-1 increase was due to actual bovine IGf-1 making it into circulation in plasma but rather the colostrum may have signalling abilities to get the body to increase IGf-1 production when under a training regimen.
i wasnt referring to the merc study; havent read it yet. im referring to the colostrum dispute in the 94 olympics and the video i mentioned was the promo video you told me about in the other thread

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i wasnt referring to the merc study; havent read it yet. im referring to the colostrum dispute in the 94 olympics and the video i mentioned was the promo video you told me about in the other thread
Gotcha. Yeah, I think the best study I've read has got to be the Mero study from 2002. iSatori also uses that as one of their reference studies. You should definitely check it out as I don't think it's a study that gets enough attention even though it pretty much validates colostrum as having a positive impact on strength and endurance athletes. I think there was an earlier study as well from the 90s tackling the same subject (colostrum's effects on IGf-1, IgG, and IgA in trained individuals), so the Mero study was essentially done to validate the study from the 90s as well as trying to gain new insight into the effects of colostrum on trained individuals.

thescience

thescience

Awards
  • Established
- I have no agenda
if you have no agenda, then you should ONLY ask questions instead of making unfounded statements against pf3 and colostrum. instead youve done everything from try to say it has no shown medical benefits, to saying it has effect on IBS-d, to saying the fda approved drug for ibs-d is possibly "faked,"(instead of realizing its status as a drug warrants its efficacy) to saying it ONLY has effects on bowel inflammation, to saying colostrum had 20 years where it failed to demonstrate any athletic enhancement, to saying that it has endurance benefits though only on marathon runners. THOSE ARE CONCLUSIONS, NOT QUESTIONS andwhen i hear all that slander, i have to respond. if you just had questions, maybe youde get an answer to your satisfaction and maybe you wouldnt, but your are asserting many false things (that youve abandoned) that you never should have asserted being a board sponsor for another company.i know that you wish that you were just a curious consumer, in an last ditch effort to attack me that way, but THATS NOT WHATS GOING ON HERE. youve been nothing but rude, and youve been absurdly skeptical on several matters.
it does matter; if you are a board sponsor for another company and you make a series of false statements about a product (independantly of any questions youve asked) that have no backing whatsoever against a competitors product (sentiments which youve abandoned), you leave me to do the clean up work of correcting you instead of answering questions you plopped in later on. if you want to have wrong conclusions, thats fine, but if you dont want me to think youre just a desperate rep, then you should provide whatever knowledge youve come across to lead you to believe those false conclusions, instead of just stating them. if you had done that, we would both be discussing things weve come across that seem to contradict; instead, you have incessantly put forth unfounded criticisms about something you admit you havent researched. as you dont have contradictory data, you have PURELY asserted the very bias you claim not to have. im not your doormat, and i wont run myself ragged trying to please someone as disrespectful as you have been when you cant even bother to posit ANY DATA behind all of the false statements youve made, wheresoever you may have obtained them. when you say studies for the ibs-d drug may be fake, thats false. when you shift to say the only benefit of these substances is on gut inflammation, thats false. when you go on to say colostrum had 20 years and in that time it did not show any athletic benefit, thats false. when you shift to admit there is a benefit of colostrum to endurance, but its invalid when comparing olympians to bodybuilders, thats false (as the elevated igf-1 levels demonstrate). when you act that shady, i have to announce what has transpired in the debate. your unfounded statements have been contradicted, my statements based on studies, olympic use and testing ect have not been contradicted with any information. you see the difference? balenced discussions need to have information on BOTH sides if youre going to be making statements, not this one-sided, endless demand you have of me. that dance is an ongoing problem in these forums, and its a problem that wouldnt exist if people making false detractions such as yourself would be open about why you have come to those conclusions.
Can I please have these answered without having to read through 46 references on my own? And maybe with a touch of civility?
your questions arent being belittled. only your false and unbased judgements that youve spewed everywhere. the civility is lacking on your end with your repeated, off-topic remarks. i have seen fit to highlight the enormity of your erroneous conclusions because you have been so shifty, slippery, and in such denial that i had to highlight that in the absense of you giving any reckoning. i apologize if it sounds abrasive; it is meant only as a landmark where you have continued to criticise me instead of acknowledging that your incorrect stances have been corrected by what ive posted
Especially when so far, the references I've gone through from the write-up were so lackluster...
you cant make it through reading a few studies (which youve criticized before reading) and yet you claim to be a curious consumer. please.
I mean, this whole debacle, for which my interest and patience have more than waned
you mean to say your false statements against the product have dissolved.
is there scientific reason to believe that other protein powders are "97% ineffective" and that it's only the 3% bio-active fraction has any effect?
you repost this question again, even though ive already answered it. to correct you twice, the ad compares the bioactive content of pf3 to the 97% NUTRITIONAL CONTENT of whey (not the "97% ineffective content" that you have misquoted the ad in order just to suit your argument.) it does not say whey is useless, it says it has nutritional value instead of bioactive value. nutrition doesnt act on the body, the body acts on it; bioactives act on the body, hence they DO SOMETHING.

broken bottle

broken bottle

Awards
Just wanted to say, this product doesn't make me have to poop right away.

Now a question, can you use this as a whey replacement where 1 scoop is equal to a scoop of whey without getting ~100 calories but getting protein?

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Now a question, can you use this as a whey replacement where 1 scoop is equal to a scoop of whey without getting ~100 calories but getting protein?
1) No poop issues for me either.

2) Heck no. PF3 is not a macronutrient. The protein in your protein supplement are essentially providing you with some of your protein macros. Your macros are the substrate (raw material if you will) in which your body uses to build your muscles. PF3 is can help with recovery and possible better utilization of your protein but it's not really a protein macronutrient.

3) Nothing replaces macronutrients.

thescience

thescience

Awards
  • Established

pete8407 has replaced his 40-60 gram daily intake of whey for pf3. i am paying attention to what hes doing, as its been over a week and he says he is less sore, no longer has any bloating, and he has not reported any kind of a loss. i will be checking in on him a few weeks to see how its going

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
i think the question to ask is what is serena williams taking......now that is what i want to be on!!!!

broken bottle

broken bottle

Awards
1) No poop issues for me either.

2) Heck no. PF3 is not a macronutrient. The protein in your protein supplement are essentially providing you with some of your protein macros. Your macros are the substrate (raw material if you will) in which your body uses to build your muscles. PF3 is can help with recovery and possible better utilization of your protein but it's not really a protein macronutrient.

3) Nothing replaces macronutrients.
Are you saying I should be taking whey protein with pf3 for better results?

FYI there is a product called Humapro that claims to be a direct replacement for whey protein without the calories. That is why I asked the question I did.

ricroc

ricroc

Awards
  • Established

FYI there is a product called Humapro that claims to be a direct replacement for whey protein without the calories. That is why I asked the question I did.
Yes, I believe that is what he is getting at, in that PF3 will aid your current intake of whey.

There are others who are simply using PF3. I believe it was stated a few posts prior to this one.

I'm running PF3 as part of a sponsorship from MAN. But even before that, I was not using too much whey as I switched up my diet to rely getting my protein intake from whole foods and using whey whenever I needed (or felt) to fill in the blanks. At most nowadays, I'll have a protein shake on top of my post-workout meal. It's been carrying me through just fine.

Still don't have enough of a sample to tell how effective PF3 has been. I might know better in a few weeks or so. Others have been seeing some results. For now, I cannot tell one way or another.

I've never heard of Humapro.

From my perspective, PF3 seems like a hybrid between BCAAs and highly concentrated whey (to invent a phrase.) I know many science articles have been spewed here back and forth, but I'm living the experiment now with PF3 to test its effectiveness.

thescience

thescience

Awards
  • Established
Are you saying I should be taking whey protein with pf3 for better results?FYI there is a product called Humapro that claims to be a direct replacement for whey protein without the calories. That is why I asked the question I did.
thats a good question. i tend to want to supply my body with all the nutrition i can get out of the humility thats come from facing those heavy sets year after year. ive had people tell me taking aminos is useless unless youve been chronically starved, but i dont believe that; i went 10 years lifting without taking protein powder; while i made great gains, the benefits of protein powder were undeniable when i added it. so undeniable that i would be way too paranoid to just give it up instead of adding pf3 to it. bear in mind im taking about 60g of powder in on top of the 80-90 i get from food. if i check in with pete8407 in a few weeks and his strength is still up where it was on all the whey he was taking, i might be persuaded to change my ways.the idea of ditching the protein powder has appeal, since i blame it for some stomach bloating i get, which never happened in all the years i trained without it. my approach is always to bulk, because what i gain tends to be muscle, so i'm always very inclusive about adding more and more and not about restricting. pete8407 is thrilled at leaning out within days of getting off protein powder that was bloating him; i just want to see if his strength holds up over the next few weeks

heres some info about humapro:

Ingredient Amount % Daily Value**Nanosized Essential Amino Acid IR(Immediate Release) 5g Proprietary Matrix: -L-Leucine, L-Valine, L-Isoleucine, L-Lysine, L-Phenyl Alanine -L-Threonine, L-Methione, L-Trytophane, L-Leucine Malate Extended Time Release Proprietary Anti-catabolic and Insulingenic Matrix: 210mg -Bitter Melon Fractional Extract, Coffee Bean Concentrate Vitamin B-1 .7mg 50Vitamin B-3 9.0mg 50Vitamin B-6 1.0mg 50Vitamin B-12 1.5mcg 75Magnesium Citrate 87.5mg 50Calcium Carbonate 175mg 17.5Zinc Glucanate 3.75mg 25

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Yes. PF3/Bio-Gro is not like Humapro at all. Humapro's concept was actually to replace protein regardless of protein source. Their theory was that if they provide you with the aminos of typical protein in the typical ratios, then you cut out all the binders, fat, carbs, etc. of protein and theoretically end up with just the aminos going straight into circulation. However, the problem with this is that typical protein does go through a process of digestion in the body and not only do you end up with the aminos but you also have the micro fractions (bio-actives) which in theory also have effects in the body. Peptide bonded aminos are far superior to free form amino acids when it comes to providing the body with the substrates of protein.

PF3/Bio-Gro can be looked at as more of something that helps you make better use of the substrates you provide you body (you macros, mainly protein) as in theory, they help amplify the signalling for protein synthesis. This is all theoretical though and no real studies that I am aware of has proven (or disprove) this theory.

What one needs to understand is that protein supplements are just POWDERED FOOD. Asking if PF3/Bio-Gro can replace FOOD is what you are essentially asking here. No, it's not going to replace food. In theory it may help you have need for less protein consumption because in theory the stuff may help you make more efficient use out of the protein you do provide it. Then you also have the other part of the equation, calories. You actually do need calories as that is the currency your body needs to fuel itself.

toddmuelheim

toddmuelheim

Awards
  • Established
thats a good question. i tend to want to supply my body with all the nutrition i can get out of the humility thats come from facing those heavy sets year after year. ive had people tell me taking aminos is useless unless youve been chronically starved, but i dont believe that; i went 10 years lifting without taking protein powder; while i made great gains, the benefits of protein powder were undeniable when i added it. so undeniable that i would be way too paranoid to just give it up instead of adding pf3 to it. bear in mind im taking about 60g of powder in on top of the 80-90 i get from food. if i check in with pete8407 in a few weeks and his strength is still up where it was on all the whey he was taking, i might be persuaded to change my ways.the idea of ditching the protein powder has appeal, since i blame it for some stomach bloating i get, which never happened in all the years i trained without it. my approach is always to bulk, because what i gain tends to be muscle, so i'm always very inclusive about adding more and more and not about restricting. pete8407 is thrilled at leaning out within days of getting off protein powder that was bloating him; i just want to see if his strength holds up over the next few weeks

heres some info about humapro:

Ingredient Amount % Daily Value**Nanosized Essential Amino Acid IR(Immediate Release) 5g Proprietary Matrix: -L-Leucine, L-Valine, L-Isoleucine, L-Lysine, L-Phenyl Alanine -L-Threonine, L-Methione, L-Trytophane, L-Leucine Malate Extended Time Release Proprietary Anti-catabolic and Insulingenic Matrix: 210mg -Bitter Melon Fractional Extract, Coffee Bean Concentrate Vitamin B-1 .7mg 50Vitamin B-3 9.0mg 50Vitamin B-6 1.0mg 50Vitamin B-12 1.5mcg 75Magnesium Citrate 87.5mg 50Calcium Carbonate 175mg 17.5Zinc Glucanate 3.75mg 25
I wonder why alri doesn't fix their awful nomenclature and blatant spelling issues.

thescience

thescience

Awards
  • Established
yeah. until i saw the ingredients i though it was ultra-hydolyzed protein and therefore containing di an tri peptides ect. that said, ive personally experimented with every individual free form amino there is, and somehow (even though i was taking in 150g of protein a day) i would notice particular benefits to several different free form aminos beyond what i got taking in all that protein. the sustained release they put on it could be very interesting

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
if you have no agenda, then you should ONLY ask questions instead of making unfounded statements against pf3 and colostrum. instead youve done everything from try to say it has no shown medical benefits, to saying it has effect on IBS-d, to saying the fda approved drug for ibs-d is possibly "faked,"(instead of realizing its status as a drug warrants its efficacy) to saying it ONLY has effects on bowel inflammation, to saying colostrum had 20 years where it failed to demonstrate any athletic enhancement, to saying that it has endurance benefits though only on marathon runners. THOSE ARE CONCLUSIONS, NOT QUESTIONS andwhen i hear all that slander, i have to respond. if you just had questions, maybe youde get an answer to your satisfaction and maybe you wouldnt, but your are asserting many false things (that youve abandoned) that you never should have asserted being a board sponsor for another company.i know that you wish that you were just a curious consumer, in an last ditch effort to attack me that way, but THATS NOT WHATS GOING ON HERE. youve been nothing but rude, and youve been absurdly skeptical on several matters.it does matter; if you are a board sponsor for another company and you make a series of false statements about a product (independantly of any questions youve asked) that have no backing whatsoever against a competitors product (sentiments which youve abandoned), you leave me to do the clean up work of correcting you instead of answering questions you plopped in later on. if you want to have wrong conclusions, thats fine, but if you dont want me to think youre just a desperate rep, then you should provide whatever knowledge youve come across to lead you to believe those false conclusions, instead of just stating them. if you had done that, we would both be discussing things weve come across that seem to contradict; instead, you have incessantly put forth unfounded criticisms about something you admit you havent researched. as you dont have contradictory data, you have PURELY asserted the very bias you claim not to have. im not your doormat, and i wont run myself ragged trying to please someone as disrespectful as you have been when you cant even bother to posit ANY DATA behind all of the false statements youve made, wheresoever you may have obtained them. when you say studies for the ibs-d drug may be fake, thats false. when you shift to say the only benefit of these substances is on gut inflammation, thats false. when you go on to say colostrum had 20 years and in that time it did not show any athletic benefit, thats false. when you shift to admit there is a benefit of colostrum to endurance, but its invalid when comparing olympians to bodybuilders, thats false (as the elevated igf-1 levels demonstrate). when you act that shady, i have to announce what has transpired in the debate. your unfounded statements have been contradicted, my statements based on studies, olympic use and testing ect have not been contradicted with any information. you see the difference? balenced discussions need to have information on BOTH sides if youre going to be making statements, not this one-sided, endless demand you have of me. that dance is an ongoing problem in these forums, and its a problem that wouldnt exist if people making false detractions such as yourself would be open about why you have come to those conclusions.your questions arent being belittled. only your false and unbased judgements that youve spewed everywhere. the civility is lacking on your end with your repeated, off-topic remarks. i have seen fit to highlight the enormity of your erroneous conclusions because you have been so shifty, slippery, and in such denial that i had to highlight that in the absense of you giving any reckoning. i apologize if it sounds abrasive; it is meant only as a landmark where you have continued to criticise me instead of acknowledging that your incorrect stances have been corrected by what ive posted you cant make it through reading a few studies (which youve criticized before reading) and yet you claim to be a curious consumer. please.you mean to say your false statements against the product have dissolved.you repost this question again, even though ive already answered it. to correct you twice, the ad compares the bioactive content of pf3 to the 97% NUTRITIONAL CONTENT of whey (not the "97% ineffective content" that you have misquoted the ad in order just to suit your argument.) it does not say whey is useless, it says it has nutritional value instead of bioactive value. nutrition doesnt act on the body, the body acts on it; bioactives act on the body, hence they DO SOMETHING.
If I'm so wrong, answering my questions should be easy. Please have any MAN rep answer them.

These questions, lest there be any confusion:

Great question! Here's exactly what I'm looking for:

- Is there scientific reason to believe that PF3 can stimulate anabolism (through whichever mechanism, be it MPS or anti-inflammation) in a manner equivalent or superior to other proteins at the dose it's presented in?

- Is there scientific reason to believe that other protein powders are 97% Crap and that it's only the 3% bio-active fraction has any effect?

Edit: so in other words, I guess its both - What can it do and what justified it being promoted as it was.
Last time I checked, asking questions didn't require data or proof, just curiosity. ;)

Oh and I editted the second question to use 'crap' to make it more accurate. Sorry for using "ineffective" instead.

willib

Awards
  • Established
What do the testers say?They can either feel its effects or not.Would this not simplify things as they are?

thescience

thescience

Awards
  • Established
If I'm so wrong, answering my questions should be easy. Please have any MAN rep answer them.These questions, lest there be any confusion:Last time I checked, asking questions didn't require data or proof, just curiosity. ;)Oh and I editted the second question to use 'crap' to make it more accurate. Sorry for using "ineffective" instead.
again, the ad says "nutritional value" when compared to "biological value," hence the nutritional value is acknowledged.again, youre making judgements, wrong ones and lots of them, in combatting attempts to answer your question instead of being just curious

ricroc

ricroc

Awards
  • Established
What do the testers say?They can either feel its effects or not.Would this not simplify things as they are?
Still too soon for me to judge one way or the other. Before running PF3, I had not been using whey protein as often as I used to since I switched up my eating pattern and try to get as much protein as I can from whole food sources. This might aid in determining PF3's effectiveness.

I've been on it about 3 weeks, roughly. I know some users have reported more leanness. I'm noticing some mild effects on recovery; more so this week.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
again, the ad says "nutritional value" when compared to "biological value," hence the nutritional value is acknowledged.again, youre making judgements, wrong ones and lots of them, in combatting attempts to answer your question instead of being just curious
That's why people ask questions - to correct their incorrect judgment. If I am incorrect, I don't want to be, so please correct me by answering my questions. That's the whole point of asking questions.

In case you missed them, here they are again:

Great question! Here's exactly what I'm looking for:

- Is there scientific reason to believe that other protein powders are 97% Crap and that it's only the 3% bio-active fraction has any effect?

thescience

thescience

Awards
  • Established
That's why people ask questions - to correct their incorrect judgment. If I am incorrect, I don't want to be, so please correct me by answering my questions. That's the whole point of asking questions.In case you missed them, here they are again:
you are a board sponsor for a competing company; unlike a naturally curious person, you created a bunch of false statements intentionally with no basis behind any of it. this thing happens to people alot online to every company except for those who only create conformist, bland product lines. you been seriously inconsistant throughout all of this. im not your doormat, so im not answering any of your questions

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Still too soon for me to judge one way or the other. Before running PF3, I had not been using whey protein as often as I used to since I switched up my eating pattern and try to get as much protein as I can from whole food sources. This might aid in determining PF3's effectiveness.

I've been on it about 3 weeks, roughly. I know some users have reported more leanness. I'm noticing some mild effects on recovery; more so this week.
How many scoops a day? I had to use 3 scoops a day for there to be notable recovery effects.

ricroc

ricroc

Awards
  • Established
I'm doing 2 scoops a day. Maybe in another week I'll try using 3 so if that aids with the leaning.

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm doing 2 scoops a day. Maybe in another week I'll try using 3 so if that aids with the leaning.
I doubt you'll see comp changes but the recovery should be very notable @ 3 scoops in my humble opinion.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
you are a board sponsor for a competing company; unlike a naturally curious person, you created a bunch of false statements intentionally with no basis behind any of it. this thing happens to people alot online to every company except for those who only create conformist, bland product lines. you been seriously inconsistant throughout all of this. im not your doormat, so im not answering any of your questions
That's very childish, and ridiculously unprofessional.

Your job is to answer consumer questions.

And I think Resolve is asking very good questions, and I personally appreciate his input about the studies.

If you can't answer them then that's one thing, but to try and besmirch his character because you can't is ridiculous.

thescience

thescience

Awards
  • Established
That's very childish, and ridiculously unprofessional.Your job is to answer consumer questions.And I think Resolve is asking very good questions, and I personally appreciate his input about the studies.If you can't answer them then that's one thing, but to try and besmirch his character because you can't is ridiculous.
i didnt say his questions were bad. theres a history on this thread, and ive seen his dance before. his character in here speaks for itself. nobody is expected to assist anyone who acts the way he has. fyi, am is the only site like this i know of where what hes doing isnt banned

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have to ask, though against my better judgment... what exactly am I doing? I mean other than the heinous crime of asking questions, that is?

These questions by the way:

- Is there scientific reason to believe that other protein powders are "97% ineffective" and that it's only the 3% bio-active fraction has any effect?

ricroc

ricroc

Awards
  • Established
I doubt you'll see comp changes but the recovery should be very notable @ 3 scoops in my humble opinion.
AH, that should have read, "...try using 3 to see if that aids in leaning."

So far 2 has had some benefit to recovery.

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have to ask, though against my better judgment... what exactly am I doing? I mean other than the heinous crime of asking questions, that is?

We appreciate you asking questions. We're doing our best to try answering them. Every answer is met with another question or doubt, which is then answered, and the tone seems to be increasingly confrontational to some degree on both sides.

Maybe it's best for everyone to step back a bit and come at it again. I assure you we are answering your queries to the best of our abilities and are not setting out to mislead anybody or fudge the facts.

thescience

thescience

Awards
  • Established

as if you dont know. im referring to whats happened over the last seven pages or so. look, this guy turned is nose down at a 6 week, placebo controlled double-blind study, stating he doubted any significant benefit where the fda, hospitals, and practicing physicians did; thats not curiousity. from there he continued to post, not questions, but unfounded judgements agains pf3 and colostrum without providing any referance of any kind to suggest he was led to believe that instead of making it up as a competitor. despite having many of his questions addressed, he has consistantly made personal remarks against me., which i could list. now hes trying to play the victem. hes just making trouble

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
We appreciate you asking questions. We're doing our best to try answering them. Every answer is met with another question or doubt, which is then answered, and the tone seems to be increasingly confrontational to some degree on both sides.

Maybe it's best for everyone to step back a bit and come at it again. I assure you we are answering your queries to the best of our abilities and are not setting out to mislead anybody or fudge the facts.
Hi Piston. Glad to see you. :)

Maybe you can help. I've given up on actually discussing this subject, and am now just looking for answers to my questions, since me doing the research on my own hasn't shed much light on the subject and the other reps haven't been very informative either.

All I want is answers to these questions:

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
as if you dont know. im referring to whats happened over the last seven pages or so. look, this guy turned is nose down at a 6 week, placebo controlled double-blind study, stating he doubted any significant benefit where the fda, hospitals, and practicing physicians did; thats not curiousity. from there he continued to post, not questions, but unfounded judgements agains pf3 and colostrum without providing any referance of any kind to suggest he was led to believe that instead of making it up as a competitor. despite having many of his questions addressed, he has consistantly made personal remarks against me., which i could list. now hes trying to play the victem. hes just making trouble
I honestly don't - please be clear. Are you accusing me of something? If so what?

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i didnt say his questions were bad. theres a history on this thread, and ive seen his dance before. his character in here speaks for itself. nobody is expected to assist anyone who acts the way he has. fyi, am is the only site like this i know of where what hes doing isnt banned
Are you kidding?

I've been in the thread the whole time and I've seen nothing wrong with anything he's done.

He's only asked questions about the claims you make on your product, he has even said that if you can.provide some he would readily buy the product to test it out himself.

Sure he's changed his stance about certain aspects of it because you've provided him with references that have allowed him to educate himself further.

But, in the end, he's been right. You have brought no reference to support any of the claims and the closest you have gotten is making illogical leaps where a study that has almost no relevance instantly supports the Anabolic claims of your product.

And then spending the majority of your posting talking about his character and motives instead of addressing the issues so that you can deflect them and hope nobody notices.

Poor showing.

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Is there scientific reason to believe that PF3 can stimulate anabolism (through whichever mechanism, be it MPS or anti-inflammation) in a manner equivalent or superior to other proteins at the dose it's presented in?

Is there scientific reason to believe that other protein powders are "97% ineffective" and that it's only the 3% bio-active fraction has any effect?

Finally, how well do the references provided answer these two questions?

--Well, "scientific reason" I guess is the root of the debate here. Seems to me both sides are giving scientific reasons for their claims; me, I need layman's terms only because I don't have a "scientific" background. That's why I've been silent; I defer when I feel others can explain things better than I can.

To my way of thinking, if our PF3 is a highly concentrated amount of the "3%" of other proteins, then that means ours is more effective based on that one criteria. Which is not to say protein or protein powders are not useful or effective, but notice again in terms of semantics what words like "useful" and "effective" imply in terms of perspective of the person using them and the goals they're being used to address.

I am admittedly more interested in looking at and analyzing the feedback our loggers are giving us about PF3. That and my own experiences.

I probably haven't answered your questions, but now I hope you can at least understand my point of view.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Is there scientific reason to believe that PF3 can stimulate anabolism (through whichever mechanism, be it MPS or anti-inflammation) in a manner equivalent or superior to other proteins at the dose it's presented in?

Is there scientific reason to believe that other protein powders are "97% ineffective" and that it's only the 3% bio-active fraction has any effect?

Finally, how well do the references provided answer these two questions?

--Well, "scientific reason" I guess is the root of the debate here. Seems to me both sides are giving scientific reasons for their claims; me, I need layman's terms only because I don't have a "scientific" background. That's why I've been silent; I defer when I feel others can explain things better than I can.

To my way of thinking, if our PF3 is a highly concentrated amount of the "3%" of other proteins, then that means ours is more effective based on that one criteria. Which is not to say protein or protein powders are not useful or effective, but notice again in terms of semantics what words like "useful" and "effective" imply in terms of perspective of the person using them and the goals they're being used to address.

I am admittedly more interested in looking at and analyzing the feedback our loggers are giving us about PF3. That and my own experiences.

I probably haven't answered your questions, but now I hope you can at least understand my point of view.
I understand. So you (Piston Honda, not MAN) are saying that "gram for gram" PF3 is superior. That's definitely not made clear anywhere in the writeup or graphics. Well, yeah, I can give you that if the other protein in extruded soy beans. Other than that, I've seen no indication that's true for anabolism.

Can my questions be answered?

Also, I would appreciate an apology for the uncalled for comments by your rep.

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I understand. So you (Piston Honda, not MAN) are saying that "gram for gram" PF3 is superior. That's definitely not made clear anywhere in the writeup or graphics. Well, yeah, I can give you that if the other protein in extruded soy beans. Other than that, I've seen no indication that's true for anabolism.

Can my questions be answered?

Also, I would appreciate an apology for the uncalled for comments by your rep.
I'm pretty sure that Piston Honda was implying that gram for gram in bio-active peptides content, PF3 is superior. Protein macros on the other hand is a completely other kettle of fish ;) Ultimately, that's the issue I think most of the more keen observers have with the advert. The "superior in bio-active peptide content gram for gram" point is essentially hidden "small print" style within the gobbley-gook of the advert. They did not really lie about anything, they just didn't make things crystal clear in order to give the advert that whiz bang factor.

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm pretty sure that Piston Honda was implying that gram for gram in bio-active peptides content, PF3 is superior. Protein macros on the other hand is a completely other kettle of fish ;)
Pretty much this.

thescience

thescience

Awards
  • Established
"
Are you kidding?I've been in the thread the whole time and I've seen nothing wrong with anything he's done
.ethically there is something wrong with it. this is the only site like this where putting unfounded limitations and judgement against product by a competitor (hes a rep)isnt banned for reps.
"Sure he's changed his stance about certain aspects of it because you've provided him with references that have allowed him to educate himself further.But, in the end, he's been right. You have brought no reference to support any of the claims and the closest you have gotten is making illogical leaps where a study that has almost no relevance instantly supports the Anabolic claims of your product
.ive brought references to show the medical benefits where the medical benefits were deemed non-existant and the contents of pf3 were said to be useless and unabsorbed. i then brought references to show that a majority of compounds pf3 and colostrum share (igg) are digested. i then brought the reference that the compounds both colostrum and pf3 share are used by olympic athletes to win, against claims that there werent any benefits in athletics in colostrum being on the market for "20+" years and i cited how bovine igf-1 from colostrum(which is also present in pf3) was found in the blood of the olympians tested, which is anabolic by itself. those arent "no references", and hes not "right." there is more that can be said along the lines of the whole igf-1/anabolic explanation going on here (see the study dookie referenced for significant increases in igf-1 through indirect mechanisms on colostrum, which resolve considers to be the same thing as pf3), but i have no idea how that translates into gains. i do know that better recovery and endurance can lead to more training and thus more gains. while my work has admittedly changed stances, ive been nothing but derided for it, so i called him out hoping to change his stance on what hes doing ethically, thats all. i wont reference him anymore if its not going to accomplish that end