• Soy + Whey

Votes: 6 0.8%
  • Other, please state.

Votes: 43 5.8%

• Total voters

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
Ya as bodybuilders we are the gasiest ppl in the room at all times i was howling in the washroom at the Toronto pro show a few years back, we were all lined up pissing and guys were just dropping bombs left right and center, lmao.

Jason Pegg

Jason Pegg

Awards
  • Established
My protein shakes are usually a blend of micellar casein, egg white protein, and Whey protein isolate.

Jason

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ive tryed every portein shake in the book. GNC, Muscletech(good quality but expensive), Dynaitise(isnt bad), ast( good stuff but too expensive, btw ive spent alot of money on vp2, Optumim nutrition (ok), Cytosport, good stuff, American whey i belive the brand good, wpi, very good quality, now im trying ISO-100, wpi, supposed to be as good as vp2 but cheaper. 5 lbs cost 35 $. WPI seems to work better for me than WPC.Not much difference just better absorption. also if i dont have to money ill get a good brand like ctyosport complete 45$ for 10 lbs.

ctypsport muscle milk i love there taste yumy. Nectar isnt all that to me,ive tryed the sample packets, fuzzy navel and such, like a lot of people rave about, dont get me wrong its good stuff but i can find better.

Motomatt

Motomatt

Awards
All except for soy, I use whey mainly pre, and post w/o. I also use hemp protein(good fats and fiber) with egg,Milk, or whey protein for mrp's.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Its not the taste that counts its the amino acid profile. Dymanatise Iso-100 is the hightest Amino acid profile Ive found.

Also AI has some good tastes with good amino acid profile

Mannypolarbear

Awards
As far as waking in the morning, I take F&F Power Whey Stack, mixed with some complex carbs and I am set to go. For a blended time released protein, Extreme Labs "Lean Mass" is an awsome low calorie, high protein, meal replacement. The amino acid profile is awsome, and the taste competes with the muscle milk ( minus the 8 grams or saturated fat)

PHWSSJ

PHWSSJ

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
VPX zero impact.. is probably the best i have seen, and it tastes good and mixes easy.

its expensive, but at nutraplanet they have a really good price.

mss07

Awards
Whey pst workout, and casein before bed when im bulking. And i try to make the shakes 30g or under since the rest can not be absorbed.

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Whey for shakes during the day, pre-bed is Milk Protein Isolate. Dymatize Elite is superior imo.

wikiphenomena

wikiphenomena

Awards
Nearly every protein on the market is made from whey concentrate; whey isolate is not made from concentrate, therefore it is the purest and best whey you can buy. Isopure, by Nature's Best is regarded as being one of the best whey's on the market, however, it's a bit pricey. Hands down, the best whey for money is Dymatize. It's essentially the same product as Isopure, but at a fraction of the price. Comes in many different flavors, blends well, and tastes great.

Here's a link: Bodybuilding.com - Dymatize Elite Whey - Whey Protein! On sale now!

NOTE: Whey isolate proteins should ALWAYS have less than 10mg of cholesterol. If they do not, then are only PART isolate and the remaining whey is from concentrate.

Hope this helps.

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Nearly every protein on the market is made from whey concentrate; whey isolate is not made from concentrate, therefore it is the purest and best whey you can buy. Isopure, by Nature's Best is regarded as being one of the best whey's on the market, however, it's a bit pricey. Hands down, the best whey for money is Dymatize. It's essentially the same product as Isopure, but at a fraction of the price. Comes in many different flavors, blends well, and tastes great.

Here's a link: Bodybuilding.com - Dymatize Elite Whey - Whey Protein! On sale now!

NOTE: Whey isolate proteins should ALWAYS have less than 10mg of cholesterol. If they do not, then are only PART isolate and the remaining whey is from concentrate.

Hope this helps.
I think this link may be a little better ;)

Elite Whey 5 lb (5 lb) By Dymatize

wikiphenomena

wikiphenomena

Awards
Thanks for the recommendation/advice, Davegabe24. You're right, I'm new to the nutrition forum and online purchasing scene, so I appreciate the heads up. Thanks again. :head:

Big BAMA

Big BAMA

Awards
  • Established
It depends on why I am drinking it, Pre-post workout, Or what time of the day. I also use a variety of brands.

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks for the recommendation/advice, Davegabe24. You're right, I'm new to the nutrition forum and online purchasing scene, so I appreciate the heads up. Thanks again. :head:
Glad to help Wiki :)

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
Whey is good for 1st thing in the morning and post-workout. Otherwise, you want a mixed protein with casein for a steady flow of aminos.

Soy, it isn't just bad for guys, but not too hot for females either, unless they like a dysfunctional thyorid and heart palipitations...

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Whey is good for 1st thing in the morning and post-workout. Otherwise, you want a mixed protein with casein for a steady flow of aminos.

Soy, it isn't just bad for guys, but not too hot for females either, unless they like a dysfunctional thyorid and heart palipitations...
You don't really need casein...if anything I could see a slower digesting protein for pre-bed but you are much better off with Milk Protein Isolate than casein.

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
You don't really need casein...if anything I could see a slower digesting protein for pre-bed but you are much better off with Milk Protein Isolate than casein.
I like both. And no way I will be giving up my cottage cheese!

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I like both. And no way I will be giving up my cottage cheese!
WOW WOW Who said getting rid of cottage cheese ??? :think: :fool2: I just meant supplementing casein may not be necessary, especially if on a bulk :)

Chamorro

Awards
Whey protein is the most standard protein for Anabolic purposes. It tastest good (Can be flavored well anyway) and provides substansial basic muscle building qualities. I also like to get EGG protein because it absorbs much slower, and is a whole different protein, so its nice to have more. I also get reg milk protein. Great combo.
he said "tastest" :wtf: :toofunny:

pkonik2

Awards
I choose whey protein.
Aftere this I feel the best effect.

I think that soya's proteins is bed and non effectice, but maybe it's only my feeling.

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
20% off doesn't make a difference when everything at GNC is marked up 200% for profit and commisions!. I don't mean to be negative, just getting a point across.
I stop in there every week to get things that are marked down bigtime. Don't know what you're talking about, T-boner. hahahaah.

but seriously, i just bought a container of muscle milk for like 15 bucks and i bought two boxes of tea for 3 bucks. that's good stuff there, considering the tea is pure valerian and the other is a good,strong liver detox tea.

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
20% off doesn't make a difference when everything at GNC is marked up 200% for profit and commisions!. I don't mean to be negative, just getting a point across.
copped me a 5 lb. pro complex and a 90 cap fish oil for 40 bucks. just gotta stop in once in a while. i ain't gold card status, but i am the man who buys their top shelf stuff when it finally hits bottom shelf prices.

Mannypolarbear

Awards
I wouldn't exactly call muscle milk "top shelf", diddo with the pro complex.

Universal Rep

Universal Rep

UniversalUSA.com
Awards
  • Established
As with most things, everything in moderation. Instead of just whey, all day, combinations of different protein powders to take advantage of the benefits of each. Whey obviously is a "fast" protein, in contrast to micellar casein as a "slow" protein. Etc.

MrDead

MrDead

Awards
  • Established
As with most things, everything in moderation. Instead of just whey, all day, combinations of different protein powders to take advantage of the benefits of each. Whey obviously is a "fast" protein, in contrast to micellar casein as a "slow" protein. Etc.
Interesting...

MrDead

MrDead

Awards
  • Established
C'mon, you should know that MD. Casein has some interesting functional properties, as does whey. So does egg. And so on..
What was interesting was the different threads that you've mentioned various protein comments... (Brain is always ticking... Not on track, but ticking... *L*) But I actually use liquid egg whites, and skim milk with my protein shakes, and have some cottage cheese before bed... Keeps my bases covered...

Universal Rep

Universal Rep

UniversalUSA.com
Awards
  • Established
What was interesting was the different threads that you've mentioned various protein comments... (Brain is always ticking... Not on track, but ticking... *L*) But I actually use liquid egg whites, and skim milk with my protein shakes, and have some cottage cheese before bed... Keeps my bases covered...
Whole milk, cottage cheese and liquid egg whites--I don't put them in the same category as protein powders. Those are part of my whole foods.

MrDead

MrDead

Awards
  • Established
Whole milk, cottage cheese and liquid egg whites--I don't put them in the same category as protein powders. Those are part of my whole foods.
The milk and egg whites are what I mix my shake with...

Rick28

Rick28

Awards
  • Established
When purchasing protein, you should check to see how much protein you're getting per scoop. Divide the number of grams of protein by the scoop's gram size.

Ex:
23 grams of protein / 30 gram scoop = 77% protein per scoop.

Some I've seen as low as 54% (terrible) and as high as 88% per serving (great)

repmks

repmks

Awards
  • Established
i been taking whey for about 4 years. i stopped about 3 months ago. no loss in strength,size, etc. i am convinced it is total bullshit. i get the best gains from just upping the food intake from good sources. i am actually looking better without whey protein. i thought i would never be saying this. i used to chugg that ****.

Universal Rep

Universal Rep

UniversalUSA.com
Awards
  • Established
i been taking whey for about 4 years. i stopped about 3 months ago. no loss in strength,size, etc. i am convinced it is total bullshit. i get the best gains from just upping the food intake from good sources. i am actually looking better without whey protein. i thought i would never be saying this. i used to chugg that ****.
It's not total BS brother. That said, whole foods should always be the first option. Whey fits a role nicely and, when taken advantage, can offer so real benefits. I think too many use it thinking it has magical properties. It's just powdered protein at the end of the day--high quality protein, but still, just protein. In the big picture though, whole foods, ftw.

MrBrightside

MrBrightside

Awards
  • Established
I love egg protein. It tastes 10x better than my whey shakes, and it's amino profile is head-and-shoulders above whey's. I voted for both egg & whey.

MrBrightside

MrBrightside

Awards
  • Established
True that, I think casein protein is a waste of money. Just drink milk before bed- it's composed of 80% casein!

Plates1971

Plates1971

Awards
You gotta go with WPI for post workout for quick delivery or first thing in the morning to stop sleep induced catabolism .... it has the highest biological value......... rest of the day casien is the ticket........Peace!

Universal Rep

Universal Rep

UniversalUSA.com
Awards
  • Established
True that, I think casein protein is a waste of money. Just drink milk before bed- it's composed of 80% casein!
I dunno about waste of money, especially micellar casein. That stuff is high quality. It's what Boirie originally looked in his fast/slow protein studies. Coupla of downsides to it, but then again, is there really such a thing as a perfect protein?

msucurt

msucurt

Awards
  • Established
Yep, everynight, I drink 1cup milk + 2scoops isolate. A little sugar in the milk, but not that big of a deal when im getting casein/whey in a drink.