• Soy + Whey

Votes: 6 0.8%
  • Other, please state.

Votes: 43 5.8%

• Total voters

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
I prefer a creatine, whey, glutamine combo from lef its not the cheapest but it works better than most. Im also considering muscle milk

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established
Save yourself some money and get the Cold-Filtration WPI. There isn't much of a difference in the two proteins besides the price.

Read this and it'll explain the differences. http://www.chadnicholls.net/forums/showthread.php?t=22269&highlight=true+protein
I just strted this brand and I don't bloat nearly as bad (min. bloat) as other protein. I use the Iso Ion version and there is hardly any taste to it. I have used MANY other and they bloat me real bad but this doesn't. Even my GF commented on the diffrence.

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
I just strted this brand and I don't bloat nearly as bad (min. bloat) as other protein. I use the Iso Ion version and there is hardly any taste to it. I have used MANY other and they bloat me real bad but this doesn't. Even my GF commented on the diffrence.
Yep. ;)

cry0smate

cry0smate

The Chosen One
Awards
My stomach is VERY sensitive so I've tried who knows how many different types of PP. The stuff from Costco bloated me severely, Isopure bloated me, etc etc.

What I've come to really like is Dymatize's Elite - Chocolate Mint and Caffe Mocha. It's awesome. In a pinch I'll use ON's chocolate.

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established
My stomach is VERY sensitive so I've tried who knows how many different types of PP. The stuff from Costco bloated me severely, Isopure bloated me, etc etc.

What I've come to really like is Dymatize's Elite - Chocolate Mint and Caffe Mocha. It's awesome. In a pinch I'll use ON's chocolate.
How much protein do you take during each shake? I take about 80-90 grams so EVERYTHING bloated me until now. Don't get me wrong I still suffer from a litle bloat, but not like I did before.

And before nayone says "Your body can't absorb that amount, spread it out" While I don't disagree with you but my schedule has me in situations where i won't eat for 4hrs and I don't have the time to make food nor eat it 5-7 times a day. But I do get 4-5 meals aday.

cry0smate

cry0smate

The Chosen One
Awards
How much protein do you take during each shake? I take about 80-90 grams so EVERYTHING bloated me until now. Don't get me wrong I still suffer from a litle bloat, but not like I did before.

And before nayone says "Your body can't absorb that amount, spread it out" While I don't disagree with you but my schedule has me in situations where i won't eat for 4hrs and I don't have the time to make food nor eat it 5-7 times a day. But I do get 4-5 meals aday.
I usually only take around 40-50. It's just something about some of those powders that got to me until I changed to the Dymatize and ON. That stuff doesn't give me any problems at all luckily.

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established
I usually only take around 40-50. It's just something about some of those powders that got to me until I changed to the Dymatize and ON. That stuff doesn't give me any problems at all luckily.
Well last night I mixed one scoop (28g of protein) of my powder into water, with just a little cystal lite, stired it with a spoon and I could not taste really anything. It had almost no whey taste.

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
Well last night I mixed one scoop (28g of protein) of my powder into water, with just a little cystal lite, stired it with a spoon and I could not taste really anything. It had almost no whey taste.
I'm guessing it was the ion-x. So all you tasted was the crystal lite? Massive G on the other board swears by this. Sounds like I might give it a try myself.

Pains-4-Gains

Banned
Awards
I personally stick mainly with whey because of its fast acting capabilities, all the rest I try to consume with my food except for maybe a few micellar shakes once in a while before bed. BTW if you like trueprotein or are thinking about trying them feel free to use the code in my sig.

oh-honey

Awards
I feel sorry for those who buy at GNC

Most of the time they make huge markdowns is because the stuff is like five months away from expiration. Which means its anywhere from one to five years old!
yeah, i just bought a case yesterday... because it was right next to my gym and noticed it was expired :frustrate - so i'm going back today to return it.

does it lose it's effectiveness, if it's a month expired?

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
yeah, i just bought a case yesterday... because it was right next to my gym and noticed it was expired :frustrate - so i'm going back today to return it.

does it lose it's effectiveness, if it's a month expired?
You can safely use whey for up to 9 months past the date, it's mainly a "sell-by" date.. I've used old Muscle Milk months after its date, and I'm still dumb.. ;)

Magickk

Magickk

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I use casein and whey protein, and my mixtures vary depending on the day. I usually take 2 shakes on non-workout days, morning (75% whey, 25% casein) and bedtime (100% casein). And on workout days I'll have 4, adding in a pre-workout (75% whey, 25% casein) and post-workout (100% whey).

Syr

Syr

Hot Italian Goldmember
Awards
  • Established
Hydrolised whey conquered me. Its so muich easier on the digestion and faster to absorb for breakfast pre and post-workout.

I use a blend for night time.

riskarb

riskarb

Ron Paul... phuck yeah!
Awards
  • Established
Hydro whey is good, but like absorbing a hydrolyzed candy bar. Hydro Casein the the shiznit.

Syr

Syr

Hot Italian Goldmember
Awards
  • Established
Hydro whey is good, but like absorbing a hydrolyzed candy bar.
What do u mean? i need fast absorbtion at those moments. And i hate the taste of EAA/BCAA of any kind.

joe weider

Board Supporter
Awards
Nate, did you ever get the flavorings from TrueProtein, the grape and stuff you'd mentioned?
Has anyone tried it?
I must say...I've been using Biotest Low Carb Grow, because of the micellar casein--I like how it digests v. plain whey. I can build Grow at True for less than $16/2lb, as compared to the $22 for Grow from the Biotest site. And if you use 4 or 5 pounds a week, you can save around $50/month or so. Good stuff!
The other question I had was about the vitamin addition. I couldn't find the profile at True, anyone know it or did I just miss it?
Thanks.

sweetlips

Awards
20% off doesn't make a difference when everything at GNC is marked up 200% for profit and commisions!. I don't mean to be negative, just getting a point across.
the only time I go to GNC is when I'm at the mall and feel like I'm going catabolic. I bought a muscle milk there and it was over $4. Ridiculous. But a few times I did shop there I asked why their prices were so high. The guy asked me where I shop and I gave him some prices and he lowered the price. A container of muscle milk costs almost $40. Online you can get it for less than $20.

ss01

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Anyone try wheyone? I get it kinda cheap around here and it's nice.

I have one objection to protein drinks nowadays : they are filled with artificial sweeteners and flavours. Those give me rashes, and it has become a pain in the butt to find 100% natural ones.... If you use large quantities, who knows when you'll hit the toxic dosage on some of them additives... Be careful.

poopypants

poopypants

Banned
Awards
  • Established
ya im with all ya'll that voted for the whey but id have to say my fav is the dymatize elite for sure. it mixes easy as all get out and has one of the best rating as far as the quality goes. PLUS ITS CHEAP!!!! like 5lbs (77 servings) for 27 bucks or something.

oldskoolbb

Awards
next nutrition whey. mixes easy good taste cheap enough 5 lbs 28.00 bucks. I have tried a lot of protiens since the early 80's when they didn't mix and tasted like crap. designer whey seems to be the best. They came out with it. Everyone else just followed or "improved" on it. It is always like that with supp companies. someone comes out with something and everyone else jumps on the bandwagon with a "better product" that costs more.
Egg- go to the store and buy a couple dozen take out the yolks. eggs are cheap..
whole foods are the best.. steak eggs chicken.

Phosphate bond

Awards
Postworkout: whey (lots of good reasons: glutathione, glycogen synthesis)

Pre-workout and general use: Milk protein isolate w/ a little bit of egg white: More balanced amino acid profile.

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
I feel sorry for those who buy at GNC

Most of the time they make huge markdowns is because the stuff is like five months away from expiration. Which means its anywhere from one to five years old!
I agree on that, but for me it's totally different. We have 3 GNCs located around here, well four, if u count the outlet...my cousin is an asst manager at teh outlet, and my g/f is a store manager at the one in the mall...so needless to say, i get 80% of everything i need from there for pennies on the $

but, unless you have that fortune, then i'd say stick to reputable websites and dont spend the extra doe for GNC products. Well, unless your just rich and dont give a shhh

Phosphate bond

Awards
Nate, did you ever get the flavorings from TrueProtein, the grape and stuff you'd mentioned?
Has anyone tried it?
I must say...I've been using Biotest Low Carb Grow, because of the micellar casein--I like how it digests v. plain whey. I can build Grow at True for less than $16/2lb, as compared to the $22 for Grow from the Biotest site. And if you use 4 or 5 pounds a week, you can save around $50/month or so. Good stuff!
The other question I had was about the vitamin addition. I couldn't find the profile at True, anyone know it or did I just miss it?
Thanks.
I agree I like how milk protein isolate digests myself.

The vitamins .60/lb at True Protein aren't that good. Ask the owner what's in it and he will respond back via email . That fact that he doesn't "sugar coat" this vitamin package actually makes me think he is probably very honest and that he's not out to misrepresent things.

If you want a good powdered vitamin go with Rainbow light family health. Trying to break up capsules into protein powder I never recommend because usually they seem to make the protein smell funny and this stuff I'm talking about doesn't.

SuPPLementJuNkY

Banned
Awards
my faverate is 100% whey by optimum nutrition and gnc is a rip off. it would be best to mix it with water. u can mix it with milk to get more caleries and protein and so forth but it mixes really well with water.it is cheap and it gives u 77 servings per jug of 5 lb

1ad man

Banned
Awards
gnc sucks but i think there is too much negative stuff written about them can i ask why people hate gnc so much in america. im from canada eh. on 100 percent protein is da best i think this poll is worthless most people well choose whey.

Teegunn

Awards
20% off doesn't make a difference when everything at GNC is marked up 200% for profit and commisions!. I don't mean to be negative, just getting a point across.

You shouldn't speak about things you don't really know about. A family member of mine used to be a GNC franchisee. I saw his accounting statements from time to time (before he sold his store). He averaged around a 40% MARGIN. And 10% of his total sales went straight to GNC. Let me put it to you this way - only 30% of what he sold could he actually use to pay any bills with. If you have ever been in business you would know this is a raw fucking deal and you can't keep your head above water in a brick and mortar establishment with **** margins like this - thus why he sold his store for pennies on the dollar just to get out. Boycott GNC corporate stores all you like, but realize that franchised stores are a whole different ball of wax. Most franchisee's bring in different and better products because they care about their customers. Get your info straight next time you want to act like you know what you are talking about. Ohh, and Optimum Nutrition makes GNC protein powders, FWIW.

Phosphate bond

Awards
I mix Optimum casein and whey, and then use just the whey for post-workout.

Back in the day when the meal-replacement craze first started, I enjoyed the standard Met-Rx MRP for ease and convenience. Does anybody use the standard Met-Rx MRP anymore?
I still think its the best. Although these days I just make my own. Milk protein isolate (which is micellar casein/whey isolate), egg white, whey protein in any combination you like gets the job done.

PHWSSJ

PHWSSJ

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I am liking allthewhey...They have killer deals if you buy in bulk and they are supposed to be really good quality.

Teegunn

Awards
Anyone ever tried NDS new Amplify Protein?? Probably the best tasting protein I have tried so far.

PHWSSJ

PHWSSJ

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Anyone ever tried NDS new Amplify Protein?? Probably the best tasting protein I have tried so far.
I never understood that......people are always so worried about how good a protien shake tastes, to me...I dont care if it tastes like monkey ****, if it is the best quality protien then thats what I am buying. ...I just dont get it:think:

Teegunn

Awards
I never understood that......people are always so worried about how good a protien shake tastes, to me...I dont care if it tastes like monkey ****, if it is the best quality protien then thats what I am buying. ...I just dont get it:think:
I never said it was low-quality. It is very high quality. It also happens to taste great. But if you would rather drink monkey ****, have at it. I have tried many, many different kinds/brands of protein over the years. The newest NDS Amplify is the best I have ever had, IMO. But not everyone has to have the same opinion.

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
I heard Cytosport is making Monkey **** flavored MM. If it tastes anything like their other flavors, I'm in like Flynn!

spatch

spatch

Awards
  • Established
Optimum 100% whey gold standard. Bulknutrition.com is where I usually get it. Nothing comes close in overall value IMO. Try the chocolate mint and cookies and cream.

MarcusG

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Yes I can never understand that either because it doesn't take alot of commitment to chug down powders to get in enough protein, or bad tasting nolva to normalise HPTA. And powders don't taste monkeyshit bad, just bland or odd.

Teegunn

Awards
But I didn't see "monkey ****" as an option in the poll???

Synthetik

Awards
I suppport board sponsors, have made purchases from ATW, and have found their product and service to be great. However, I was in Costco the other day and they had Pro Rated whey, 5lbs for $19.99. The make up I believe was 22 grams per serving, with 90 servings in the container, sweetened with Splenda. Seemed like a good price, so I picked up a tub of vanilla flavor to add in my smoothies. Any bro's here try this brand? If so, how did you find it to be?
I've tried it before. Pretty good for the price. I did get a bit more bloat than normal compared to other concentrates. Hopefully it works for you.

Sooty

Banned
Awards
Ahem *Attention,all little girls* drink your protein. I eat broccoli and hate it,so hence you can also drink protein, and hate it. So just do it. Its not that hard...

If its good for you, and you need it, why do you have a hard time downing it?

Thanks and good luck finding one that doesnt taste like rotten cow testicles.

PHWSSJ

PHWSSJ

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
ALLTHEWHEY is my fave ..I think its the best quality too... and if you buy in bulk its soo cheap!

I dont even bother to mix a shake I just take a scoop and throw it into my mouth and swish it around with some water swallow and repeat one more time then wash it all down with a good three to four cups of water... thats how you get things done !!!!!

P205

Awards
I usually do ON whey 30g six times a day with at least 1 1/2hrs between any two shakes for uptake. my last protein for the day though is usually tuna.

Matty0641

Awards
dosent soy proteen contain photo-estrogens? and this would be only benifical for women to take? Correct me if im wrong this is something i heard.

NiteHawk

Awards
Im not sure I understand the poll.... You need different types of protein for different times of the day..:think:

Whey w/dextrose is by far the best for post workout.

Milk or Casein protein for nighttime.

I personally use ON 100% whey for post workout.

Sea223

Awards
  • Established
dosent soy proteen contain photo-estrogens? and this would be only benifical for women to take? Correct me if im wrong this is something i heard.
I've heard this too, but I think as long as you mix your protiens up a bit (not all soy) Your fine. Oh by the way- Pre/Post Maltodextrin, OJ, and whey is my blend.

speedyreedy5

Awards
To be honest I think All The Whey has the best tasting protein shakes around with also the most grams of protein. You may think I am biased because I am the director of sales here but not only am I the director I'm also a client haha. Seriously though I"ve been working out for years and I've tried everything on the market, unfortunately not many people have heard of us. Give me a call today and I"ll hook you guys up with all types of free goodies and disounts, today and today only 800-866-1970

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
I love my whey i drink a couple whey shakes a day and a blend as well for before bed n such, but as soon as i wake it's whey to flood my body with aminos.

machinehead

machinehead

Awards
  • Established
milk protein isolate/ egg white in a 3/1 or so ratio

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
Egg protein gives me the WORST farts ever like i could clear a room, no joke! lol

machinehead

machinehead

Awards
  • Established
Egg protein gives me the WORST farts ever like i could clear a room, no joke! lol
I believe that, I had the same problem with Universal Egg Pro. I doesn't happen with true protein's egg white though and I love it.