Protein Bars - Thoughts and Best Ones out There

Farlesworth

Farlesworth

Awards
Best protein bars IMO (I have had quite a few)

Quest: CCCD, CnC
Oh Yeah One: Most flavors, cinnamon roll, birthday cake, CnC for sure
Dymatize Elite: Most flavors, the chocolate chip and vanilla cake
Fit Crunch peanut butter legit tastes like a candy bar, texture and all
Pro Supps my bar, only had ice cream cookie crunch and cinnamon so far, both good

I may order a few packs of the best bar ever (meadows)

Em3

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Everyone talking about how great some of these bars are that are packed with sugar alcohol makes me wish I wasnt part of the population that got extreme ****s after like 15~g of sugar alcohol.

kjkitzman

kjkitzman

Awards
  • Established
following

Wedgylx

Wedgylx

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
boys and girls - we have a new contender. I don't think I've seen anyone mention these new bars - the only negative is you can only buy them from GNC...

Performix Wafer bars. Only ~8g of carbs per bar. No, not "net carbs", total carbs are 8g. ~14g protein, they are very similar to the powercrunch bars.

I've only tried the Fruity Pebbles flavor, it was good! I have peanut butter and mint at home to try next!!

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Personally was not a fan of the wafers. They are just as bad as the cookies they made and pulled off the shelves in 1 week.
The outside is ok, the inside tastes meh. Performix does good with their protein flavors, but the cookies and wafers need a lot of work IMO. Their FB/Social media was plastered with negative feedback on both snack items and received a lot of negative feedback.

kjkitzman

kjkitzman

Awards
  • Established
Personally was not a fan of the wafers. They are just as bad as the cookies they made and pulled off the shelves in 1 week.
The outside is ok, the inside tastes meh. Performix does good with their protein flavors, but the cookies and wafers need a lot of work IMO. Their FB/Social media was plastered with negative feedback on both snack items and received a lot of negative feedback.
Rained on that parade lol darn... was excited too!

Wedgylx

Wedgylx

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Man, now i have to try the other flavors. Fruit Pebbles was pretty good, just tasted like a vanilla powercrunch to me with some fruit pieces. I'd buy again

Wedgylx

Wedgylx

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
blah blah just eat one! lol ;)

The only thing I don't like about them, is I have to go into a GNC to buy it. The employees at my local shop are SO annoying.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Man, now i have to try the other flavors. Fruit Pebbles was pretty good, just tasted like a vanilla powercrunch to me with some fruit pieces. I'd buy again
Fruity is the only tolerable one
The others are bleh

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Most protein bought things are a far stretch and filled with so many sugar alcohols and preservatives

For example L and L cookies you can get more protein, save money and better macros off a protein shake and a regular cookie or just make
Your own protein cookies and save yourself the $