Props to Nintendo

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This has been pissing me off so bad ha. Getting whooped by low level vaps with my beast jolt. Should even things out for sure.
I have a few Pokemon that should be pretty good against Vaporeon now (he's still very common and pretty strong and easy to level up):

Type advantages don't mean that much (1.25x and 0.8x vs 2x and 4x), but it does help now that water gun was nerfed, but Vaporeon will probably still beat Jolteon most of the time, since Jolteon doesn't have a resistance to water type moves, Jolteon's fast attack is still not even as strong as water gun when it's super effective, and Vaporeon has more HP and CP than a similar Jolteon.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Still next to no electric types for me...

Just one Pikachu

Been running Vap/Magmar/Hypno at my top

Almost got my Alakazam, fingers crossed on a decent move set
Nice. They really nerfed Physco Cut for Alakazam, so the difference between moves may not be quite so important.

I'm sort of upset that I got rid of the Pinsir I had that knew Rock Smash. Before the changes, it was something like 3.5 DPS, but now it's 10.64, and since it's a fighting move, it's super effective against normal types like Snorlax. There have been tons of Pinsir in my neighborhood (not sure if there will still be, since they changed some spawn locations recently), so I have 47 Pinsir Candy (and an 855 CP Pinsir that knows Fury Cutter and X-Scissor), so it's still a good option to specifically take down Exeggutor (it has a double weakness to bug type moves).

What CP and moves do your top Pokemon have? My Magmar isn't that strong, and I've only caught/seen 3 of them, so it's hard to find candy for them. Same with the Arcanine I caught. It's only 745 CP, and I don't run into many Growlithes to level it up.

My top several (by CP/HP/moves) are are:
Exeggutor (1186)
Slowbro (1158)
Golduck (1128)
Vaporeon (1096)
Flareon (1010)
Nidoking (882)
Pinsir (855)

The good thing is that candy for all of these Pokemon are pretty common around me, so I can actually level them up sometimes.

I have a lot of 2nd evolution Pokemon I want to evolve, but I still need a lot more candy (Ivysaur, Wartortle, Gloom, Poliwhirl, Weepinbell, and Dragonair).

Edit: Looking at the map, there's a park about 10 minutes from me where there seems to usually be 1-2+ Pikachu at a time; possibly even enough to evolve a Pikachu in a day. I need to catch 10 more until I can evolve one.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
My Pinsir rarely sees use, hate landing 2 of the same attack type

ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1469912312.681213.jpg

Hatched from a 10k egg over 1000 CP though

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My Pinsir rarely sees use, hate landing 2 of the same attack type

View attachment 138472

Hatched from a 10k egg over 1000 CP though
That's a pretty strong Pinsir. Just save him for any time you run into an Exeggutor at a gym. Both bug moves are double-super effective, so should end up doing, I think, 12 DPS and 26 DPS.

Edit: Wow, that's actually not that strong, you'd be better off just using a Flareon or something with fire moves. Ember and fire blast would end up being 12 DPS and 30 DPS.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So there's an update to Pokemon GO. It's not really a positive or negative, since it was not working anyway, but the footprint tracking has been completely removed. Everything was stuck on 3 feet, and now there's no feet at all. The order supposedly doesn't matter, but that order hasn't been accurate for me lately all the time either. I've also read that the range you can catch Pokemon from has been increased, potentially by a significant amount, which would be nice. I missed out on a Kadabra by a few yards. The menu for each Pokemon has also been changed a bit, so you don't have to scroll down a ton to transfer a Pokemon. You can also change your character's appearance again (like when you first created your character).

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
I like it, though the double-select now needed for a Pokemon transfer is actually slower IMO, when deleting 20 pidgeys lol

Just tested...

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I like it, though the double-select now needed for a Pokemon transfer is actually slower IMO, when deleting 20 pidgeys lol

Just tested...
Haha, but for whatever reason, my dad's Android always takes forever to scroll down to the transfer button (lag), but it didn't lag to press any buttons, level up, evolve, or exit back to the list of Pokemon, so this should help with that.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Anyone been having like waaaaayyyy more escape balls and run since the update? My catch rate today is like 10%. And not seeing as many pop up either.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Anyone been having like waaaaayyyy more escape balls and run since the update? My catch rate today is like 10%. And not seeing as many pop up either.
I'm seeing both extremes; either a <100 Rattata escapes 3 balls or a 400+ Exeggcute will be caught on the first try. I wouldn't say it's significantly different though, as in the past I've had Pidgeys escape several balls and run, and 500+ evolved Pokemon caught with one Pokeball.

I've actually been able to catch a handful of Pokemon without leaving my house. It's nothing too new, but they're still popping up at a decent rate for me so far.

What upsets me is that Pokevision and other tracking sites are down, possibly for good. Without footprints to track, those apps were the only way to be able to "hunt" for Pokemon instead of wandering aimlessly and hoping to find something good.

The gym at my local mall has around 9 Pokemom, with two Dragonite, one that's around 2900 CP.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
catching percentages got messed up bad

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
I haven;t yet, did you level up? I read leveling up can effect escape rates

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
At level 20, rattatas under 100 CP were dodging "nice throws" with a great ball, with a previous razz

Something got messed up good

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
At level 20, rattatas under 100 CP were dodging "nice throws" with a great ball, with a previous razz

Hmm... I've caught several 100-200+ Pokemon with a max of 3 Pokeballs (often 1-2) with no razz since the update, but before the update, it took about 10 razz and 10-20 great balls to catch a 745 CP Arcanine.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
I wish i saw a wild arcanine...
My Growlith was even from an egg lol

I think I have a slightly different experience being in Canada too

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
Hmm... I've caught several 100-200+ Pokemon with a max of 3 Pokeballs (often 1-2) with no razz since the update, but before the update, it took about 10 razz and 10-20 great balls to catch a 745 CP Arcanine.
745 cp in the wild? WTF level are you

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah, I caught a 945 Pinsir yesterday with pokeballs (3-4), and have had multiple 700+ dodrios run.

Along with the occasional weedle/pidgey (100-150 range CP) break out and run away.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
745 cp in the wild? WTF level are you
18. I caught a Slowbro and Tentecruel that were at least 700 CP when I was, at most, level 16, and a 1100+ CP Exeggutor when I went for a run with an incense. Recently I caught a 799 Dragonair, an 855 Pinsir, and an 800+ Starmie. My brother is level 20 and caught a 100-something (not 1000) Snorlax.

Arcanine is a really good fire type, but I don't see many Growlithe to level him up.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
18. I caught a Slowbro and Tentecruel that were at least 700 CP when I was, at most, level 16, and a 1100+ CP Exeggutor when I went for a run with an incense. Recently I caught a 799 Dragonair, an 855 Pinsir, and an 800+ Starmie. My brother is level 20 and caught a 100-something (not 1000) Snorlax.

Arcanine is a really good fire type, but I don't see many Growlithe to level him up.
Ugh, level 6 here. Ratata heaven lol

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I don't know if I mentioned it, but apparently Pokemon Go does have STAB (same type attack bonus). In this game, I've read (from a pretty accurate site) that if a Pokemon uses an attack that is the same type as its type (either type for a dual type Pokemon), it does 25% more damage, so water gun (12 DPS) would do 15 DPS for a Vaporeon, Slowbro, Golduck, etc.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer

Yep I'm level 21 and getting hosed on bs pidgey and Ratatta and such.

Tough day

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yep I'm level 21 and getting hosed on bs pidgey and Ratatta and such.

Tough day
Just went for a run with an incense. I got a lot of Pokemon, but nothing particularly rare. A 400-something Eevee and a 500-something Psyduck were probably the strongest. I caught the Eevee with only one pokeball, and the Psyduck with a few (3-5?), but I routinely had Pidgeys (mostly high-100s to high-200s) getting out of several balls then running away. Ratattas also escaped a few balls and ran, but not as bad as the Pidgeys. Other Pokemon didn't seem to run as much or escape so many balls. Maybe they made Pidgeys harder to catch on purpose since so many people spam caught/evolved them to level up quickly?

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Apparently with the tracking completely removed from the game, and the third party tracking options taken down, people are requesting their money back for in-app purchases, and getting it. If that doesn't tell the developers that they screwed up (and hopefully force them to change something; either add in some tracking or just let the tracking sites stay up), I don't know what will.
http://kotaku.com/pokemon-go-players-requesting-refunds-over-lack-of-trac-1784616329

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
I'm good with that, never used it anyways.

I never cheat on my first play through a game

The refunds being allowed are kind of absurd though lol

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm good with that, never used it anyways.

I never cheat on my first play through a game

The refunds being allowed are kind of absurd though lol
I liked the footprint tracker, and remember tracking down a Magmar and Nidoking in the first day or two of downloading the game. There really should be some way to know what's close; supposedly the order on the tracker means nothing either.

The argument for players getting money back is that the game is not playable in the way it was when they made the in-app purchases, as you can't really "track/hunt" Pokemon anymore.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
If it worked it would be great to have the step counter

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Decided to evolve the Eevee I had, but couldn't decide which evolution I wanted, so I just let it be random. Got a good Vaporeon, but it's charge move is Water Pulse, which only does half the DPS of Hydro Pump. It's 1188 CP and 140 HP though.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
I have Water Gun/Hydro Pump on mine, it was a random evolution from Eevee as well

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have Water Gun/Hydro Pump on mine, it was a random evolution from Eevee as well
That's the best move combo. I have one with that combo. I'm saving up stardust, so I'm just evolving Eevees instead of leveling any up. I have 3 Vaporeons (1188, 1096, 1001), 2 Flareons (1010, 928) and a Jolteon (754).

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Jesus you have a lot lol

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Can I ask where?

Bigger city?

Screenshots I've seen of some US locations are packed with 10x more Pokemon action than even my downtown, or most active Park

I've only evolved one Eevee and I'm 1/2 way on another

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I've been getting absolutely HOSED with escapes from balls and runners... like to the point I'm bordeline not wanting to play. Literally less than like a 20% catch rate (at all, not just 1-2 balls) since the update. anything I do catch takes 10+ balls and berries... insanity. doesnt seem to matter the level either. 10 pidgey or 400+ eevee... holy fck. so frustrated right now.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Can I ask where?

Bigger city?

Screenshots I've seen of some US locations are packed with 10x more Pokemon action than even my downtown, or most active Park

I've only evolved one Eevee and I'm 1/2 way on another
oddly enough the place I found the most eevee's (I have like 7 evolved, 3 flareon, 2 jolteon, 2 vap) was in the tiniest little town in NY haha. it was like pidgeys for there.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Yep let's power it down for tonight to not get too stressed

Priority one for Patch 3.0 lol

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
oddly enough the place I found the most eevee's (I have like 7 evolved, 3 flareon, 2 jolteon, 2 vap) was in the tiniest little town in NY haha. it was like pidgeys for there.
My radar ATM:

I just caught the Venonat; the order seems pretty useless.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've been getting absolutely HOSED with escapes from balls and runners... like to the point I'm bordeline not wanting to play. Literally less than like a 20% catch rate (at all, not just 1-2 balls) since the update. anything I do catch takes 10+ balls and berries... insanity. doesnt seem to matter the level either. 10 pidgey or 400+ eevee... holy fck. so frustrated right now.
Yeah, **** pisses me off.

On that 0 pokeballs status atm.

Dirty Dan

Dirty Dan

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Spent $10 on pokeballs, realized I had a problem, and deleted the app off of my phone. Can't say I regret it.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
^ I hate you

ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1470060153.729044.jpg

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Yeah, **** pisses me off.

On that 0 pokeballs status atm.
I'm lucky as Im always in airports and there's usually a ton of stops there... I jsut wander around and collect til my bag is full.. Had 180+ combined balls as of yesterday AM... by PM I was down below 100 and had caught like 10... soooooo peeved

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
For anyone who is unaware, if you take over a gym you can immediately collect your reward. But only once every 20 hours. If you're in an area with 4-5 gyms closely consolidated, take them all over and collect.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
For anyone who is unaware, if you take over a gym you can immediately collect your reward. But only once every 20 hours. If you're in an area with 4-5 gyms closely consolidated, take them all over and collect.
how do you collect the reward?

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
how do you collect the reward?
Go to shop. In the top right corner there is a little shield with a number in there. Once you have a Pokemon in the gym you can click it. 10 coins and 500 star dust for one gym. Idk about multiple gyms

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
2-3 gym spots per collection is good, easily achieved

And that is 1000-1500 StarDust too
And 20-30 coins

(Values all climb linear by 500/10 per gym)

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
2-3 gym spots per collection is good, easily achieved

And that is 1000-1500 StarDust too
And 20-30 coins

(Values all climb linear by 500/10 per gym)
Yeah, I haven't been doing that lately, but I will. There's a handful of gyms within a few miles of me that shouldn't be too bad to take down. The one at the local mall is a Blue Gym with ~9 Pokemon (the last two being Dragonites, with one at 2900+). I think that gym is going to stay blue for a while, haha. I don't have any one crazy high CP Pokemon, but I have 8 between 1000-1200, and a ton of various potions and revives saved up.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It looks like there's a user-generated (it looks like you have to add where you see nests and stuff) for South Florida. I do remember seeing multiple Growlithes in one spot, and multiple Pikachus in another, and both of them show up as nests on the map. Pretty cool. Maybe there are similar sites for other locations:
https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/viewer?mid=1xlICRfFVjA0149VdcP-881LPHZ0&hl=en_US
Sites like this will probably stay up, as it's just user-reported sightings.