Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
What's the trick to throwing?

Just got it downloaded
Try to swipe as straight as possible ha. It's kinda random when throws will take off.

Also, some of the flying or more aggressive Pokemon will dodge the hell out of everything. Zubat in particular is like 10 balls wasted every time. Bastard.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1468813879.410403.jpg if only life were more like Pokemon...

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
You mean I wasn't supposed to do that?!?!?!

That's why I got that "restraining order" lol
as far as i understand, this is now how all facets of life work... if you want, you just throw a ball at it until you own it

seems legit?

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You mean I wasn't supposed to do that?!?!?!

That's why I got that "restraining order" lol
Also not recommended, putting the person you want to sleep before trying to catch them. Pokemon doesn't always give the best advice.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Confusion is most effective.

= get them drunk

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Also not recommended, putting the person you want to sleep before trying to catch them. Pokemon doesn't always give the best advice.
Feed them razberries. It's love

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I never watched/played it, so this is of no interest to me, but I am happy to see people getting exercise.

What I'm not thrilled about, however, is the crime that has now been occurring by taking advantage of this -- messed up stuff and I imagine only worse will end up happening.

I'll just play it safe with my Tamagotchi, thank you very much!

lol
Just stumbled upon this. I do remember those as a kid. :)

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Am I right in saying some Pokemon are only available at night?

It was cool venturing out to all the monuments they opted to use as Pokehubs.
90% were either a place or worship or historic monument.
I think this is great for kids. Much better than the alternatives.

And while you're stationary (ie. At the dinner table) there is no need to have it out, limiting interactions at home.
Very smart overall design by Nintendo.

It's intimidating joining in late, I cant compete with any local gym and hope to win.

Wish you could heal/revive during combat. My backers were all too weak to do much.

Also this needs to somehow sync with my treadmill so those kilometres count!

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Am I right in saying some Pokemon are only available at night?

It was cool venturing out to all the monuments they opted to use as Pokehubs.
90% were either a place or worship or historic monument.
I think this is great for kids. Much better than the alternatives.

And while you're stationary (ie. At the dinner table) there is no need to have it out, limiting interactions at home.
Very smart overall design by Nintendo.

It's intimidating joining in late, I cant compete with any local gym and hope to win.

Wish you could heal/revive during combat. My backers were all too weak to do much.

Also this needs to somehow sync with my treadmill so those kilometres count!
I think certain Pokemon only come out at night, but I'm not sure. I know I've only seen Ghastly at night, and I think the same for Abra, although I haven't caught either (only seen them on the map).

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I think certain Pokemon only come out at night, but I'm not sure. I know I've only seen Ghastly at night, and I think the same for Abra, although I haven't caught either (only seen them on the map).
It says that's supposed to be the case but I've caught two ghastly and one was at 8:45am and the other around lunch. Same with abra, neither at night.

And I was annoyed when I spent all weekend at my lakefront cottage and not one water Pokemon was around.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It says that's supposed to be the case but I've caught two ghastly and one was at 8:45am and the other around lunch. Same with abra, neither at night.

And I was annoyed when I spent all weekend at my lakefront cottage and not one water Pokemon was around.
It's been acting strangle lately. The feet on the map don't seem to be working either (always 3 feet). Normally I see a ton of water Pokemon by the little lakes in my neighborhood.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Kijiji job posting

ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1468942624.683444.jpg

ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1468942634.818558.jpg

LiftWithDonuts

LiftWithDonuts

Awards
  • Established
Down 10 pounds since I downloaded the game, this game helped me shortcut my summer cut lol

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Down 10 pounds since I downloaded the game, this game helped me shortcut my summer cut lol
hit my 10k steps every day (usually way more) haha... and getting a tan finally ;)

LiftWithDonuts

LiftWithDonuts

Awards
  • Established
hit my 10k steps every day (usually way more) haha... and getting a tan finally ;)
Nice, have you found any 10k eggs recently?

I've been getting a lot of 2k eggs, which I'm kind cool with seeing as it's an easy way to get extra charmanders,squirtels and bulbasours(spelled them all wrong I'm sure).

Yeah I'm getting a pretty serious tank top tan lol

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Night is relative, yes? Theoretically couldn't you hack your settings to 12 hours difference? Though the GPS probably is tied to it and wouldn't allow it.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Night is relative, yes? Theoretically couldn't you hack your settings to 12 hours difference? Though the GPS probably is tied to it and wouldn't allow it.
I've heard of people hacking their GPS or something, but I'm pretty sure it risks a permanent ban if you're caught.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Nice, have you found any 10k eggs recently?

I've been getting a lot of 2k eggs, which I'm kind cool with seeing as it's an easy way to get extra charmanders,squirtels and bulbasours(spelled them all wrong I'm sure).

Yeah I'm getting a pretty serious tank top tan lol
I actually just hatched one today. Got a 1024cp pinsir

All my 2km eggs have shiitty things like pidgey and weedle.

All I want is a ****king squirtle and I can't find a single one

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I've literally only caught them in the day ha. Up to like 7-8 now

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I actually just hatched one today. Got a 1024cp pinsir

All my 2km eggs have shiitty things like pidgey and weedle.

All I want is a ****king squirtle and I can't find a single one
What level are you now? What moves does your Pinsir have? I've caught 7+ and the best moves any of them are 5 and 30.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
I'm up to level 11...
Late to join, my loss.

They need a global tally of gyms conquered by the various teams.

I went red, cooler intro speech lol.
From the OG games I'm a blue fan

I went with Squirtle as my starter but haven't seen another yet

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Jelly.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Are you near water?

Dirty Dan

Dirty Dan

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
There is a lake nearby where I live. One popped up today on my nearby grid, but I walked all over and couldn't find him.

Dirty Dan

Dirty Dan

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established

Just caught this guy, but his CP is bumming me out.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Here you go Boone and Driven
I haven't seen any starter evolutions yet. I saw a Warturtle and Ivysaur somewhere on the map (3 feet), and my brother has an Ivysaur. Your Blastoise has the same moves as my Slobro.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Just caught this guy, but his CP is bumming me out.
Nice find. I know what you're saying about the CP, but sometimes it's just nice to find rare Pokemon (I want to fill the Pokedex). Some Pokemon I caught/evolved recently:

Dirty Dan

Dirty Dan

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I haven't seen any starter evolutions yet. I saw a Warturtle and Ivysaur somewhere on the map (3 feet), and my brother has an Ivysaur. Your Blastoise has the same moves as my Slobro.
From what I've read, the evolutions like to hang out around the Pokemon they evolved from. Which makes sense, seeing as there have been a lot of squirtles around my apartment.

Yeah when I caught him his CP was only 140 and his attacks aren't even powerful. As of right now he's just my trophy Pokemon lol.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
From what I've read, the evolutions like to hang out around the Pokemon they evolved from. Which makes sense, seeing as there have been a lot of squirtles around my apartment.

Yeah when I caught him his CP was only 140 and his attacks aren't even powerful. As of right now he's just my trophy Pokemon lol.
10 and 50 is a pretty good move combo IMO.

Dirty Dan

Dirty Dan

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Nice find. I know what you're saying about the CP, but sometimes it's just nice to find rare Pokemon (I want to fill the Pokedex). Some Pokemon I caught/evolved recently:
Very nice evolutions!! That Nidoking is badass!

I agree with you, I'm just trying to fill up my Pokedex and level up as a trainer. Right now I'm trying to save all my stardust, along with waiting to power up my Pokemon.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Very nice evolutions!! That Nidoking is badass!

I agree with you, I'm just trying to fill up my Pokedex and level up as a trainer. Right now I'm trying to save all my stardust, along with waiting to power up my Pokemon.
I end up saving my stardust for a little while, then splurging and using most of it about once a level or so. These are my highest CP Pokemon ATM:

My Pokedex has 70 caught and 72 seen.

Dirty Dan

Dirty Dan

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I end up saving my stardust for a little while, then splurging and using most of it about once a level or so. These are my highest CP Pokemon ATM:

My Pokedex has 70 caught and 72 seen.
That's what I may end up doing, and lmao I love the names of your Pokemon.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That's what I may end up doing, and lmao I love the names of your Pokemon.
Thanks. It's fun to name them, haha. Supposedly other people can't see the names of your Pokemon when they're at Gyms though, but it's still fun.

I want to order these shirts:

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
What level are you now? What moves does your Pinsir have? I've caught 7+ and the best moves any of them are 5 and 30.
I'm level 18.

His moves suck. Like 5 and 30

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Current best:
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1469157854.012238.jpg

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1469211585.407871.jpg

Caught this fella this morning.
My current best is a Vape as well. 770+ I believe

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So apparently type advantages (super effective and not very effective) aren't as important as in the normal games. Instead of 2x damage for super effective and 0.5x for not very effective, it's only 1.25x and 0.8x in GO. Which should (from what I've seen) make the doubles (4x and 0.25x) only 1.5625x and .64x. It's still useful for battling gyms, especially if you have a double strength.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Fine by me, gives you a better chance if your top few are weak to a certain type (like beginners catching all flying, normal, and water for me) thunder would have messed me up in the older games. My top 6 had 5 weak to thunder not long ago lol

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Fine by me, gives you a better chance if your top few are weak to a certain type (like beginners catching all flying, normal, and water for me) thunder would have messed me up in the older games. My top 6 had 5 weak to thunder not long ago lol
That's true, especially since you don't really have choice in the moves you have and use, so you'd basically be screwed if your Pokemon has 2 of the same type moves that are weak against a type, when in the other games you can have 4 different moves and use them whenever.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Went for a run and used an incense to catch some Pokemon. I went at a decent but easy pace for most of the 30 minutes, stopping to catch Pokemon. Lots of Pokemon popped up, but nothing too rare. A 325 Bulbasaur was the most interesting Pokemon I caught/saw during the run.

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Y'all ever get Pokemon caught in the pokestop so you can't catch it bc the game opens pokestop? Lol