Prohormones and antibiotics

APC80

APC80

Awards
Is it safe to start a PH cycle while on antibiotics?

user567

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Generally not a good idea. Antibiotics can stress the liver. Some of them severely. Would be a good idea to run the antibiotics and then jump on the prohormone.

APC80

APC80

Awards
Was thinking that. Thnx for the answer. Got another 2 weeks on them fs

2kvette

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Is it safe to start a PH cycle while on antibiotics?
Pharmacy student here.

Doxycycline and the like are liver toxic, Bactrim is known to be rough in the liver too. I advise against it.

APC80

APC80

Awards
Pharmacy student here.

Doxycycline and the like are liver toxic, Bactrim is known to be rough in the liver too. I advise against it.
Doxycycline is what I'm on. Would it be better to wait for a week after the course is finished or jump on cycle straight after?

CatSnake

Awards
  • Established
I think a lot of antibiotics are hard on joints/tendons, too....

I recall being on one a while back, and the doc told me not to work on while taking it....

APC80

APC80

Awards

I recall being on one a while back, and the doc told me not to work on while taking it....
Doc didn't say not to work out but I can't go in the sun apparently which is **** cos it's meant to be nice this week and we don't get many sunny days where I live.

Dz23

Dz23

Awards
Doc didn't say not to work out but I can't go in the sun apparently which is **** cos it's meant to be nice this week and we don't get many sunny days where I live.
Yes mate I would absolutely wait a couple of weeks as antibiotics as has been said, will stress the liver and not only kill the bad bacteria in your body but also the good. I like to eat probiotic yoghurt when I am on antibiotics to try and keep some good gut bacteria and stuff.

Hope u have a speedy recovery mate.

APC80

APC80

Awards
Yes mate I would absolutely wait a couple of weeks as antibiotics as has been said, will stress the liver and not only kill the bad bacteria in your body but also the good. I like to eat probiotic yoghurt when I am on antibiotics to try and keep some good gut bacteria and stuff.

Hope u have a speedy recovery mate.
Cheers mate I'll grab some yoghurt tomorrow to keep my gut healthy. Just wanna start this cycle now I'm not a patient person lol

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Quinolones can be dangerous to the tendons

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quinolone

Prominent among these are side effects that became the subject of a black box warning by the FDA in 2016.[6] The FDA wrote: "An FDA safety review has shown that fluoroquinolones when used systemically (i.e. tablets, capsules, and injectable) are associated with disabling and potentially permanent serious side effects that can occur together. These side effects can involve the tendons, muscles, joints, nerves, and central nervous system."[6]

Quinolones are associated with a small risk of tendonitis and tendon rupture; a 2013 review found the incidence of tendon injury among those taking fluoroquinolones to be between 0.08 and 0.2%.[16] The risk appears to be higher among people older than 60 and those also taking corticosteroids;[16] there may also be higher risk among people who are male, have a pre-existing joint or tendon issue, have kidney disease, and are highly active.[17] Some experts have advised avoidance of fluoroquinolones in athletes.[17] If tendonitis occurs, it generally appears within one month, and the most common tendon that is injured appears to be the Achilles tendon.[16] The cause is not well understood.[16]

Dz23

Dz23

Awards
Quinolones can be dangerous to the tendons

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quinolone

Prominent among these are side effects that became the subject of a black box warning by the FDA in 2016.[6] The FDA wrote: "An FDA safety review has shown that fluoroquinolones when used systemically (i.e. tablets, capsules, and injectable) are associated with disabling and potentially permanent serious side effects that can occur together. These side effects can involve the tendons, muscles, joints, nerves, and central nervous system."[6]

Quinolones are associated with a small risk of tendonitis and tendon rupture; a 2013 review found the incidence of tendon injury among those taking fluoroquinolones to be between 0.08 and 0.2%.[16] The risk appears to be higher among people older than 60 and those also taking corticosteroids;[16] there may also be higher risk among people who are male, have a pre-existing joint or tendon issue, have kidney disease, and are highly active.[17] Some experts have advised avoidance of fluoroquinolones in athletes.[17] If tendonitis occurs, it generally appears within one month, and the most common tendon that is injured appears to be the Achilles tendon.[16] The cause is not well understood.[16]
I'd probs train super light and go do something like swimming to keep ticking over for a couple of weeks or maybe a week minimum

2kvette

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Flouroquinolone antibiotics are known to cause spontaneous tendon rupture; even months after taking them.

NurseGray

NurseGray

Awards
I think it would be safe just to wait on everything. Your not going to die if you dont train for a week. Get better and enjoy the rest.