Pre-bed Casein Protein ?

thahotboy

thahotboy

Awards
  • Established
what is the best pre-bed Casein protein ?? Im curently taking ON 100% Casein but the taste is not that good .... lol

stefang

Awards
Here are some good ones to think about:

Ultra Peptide tastes awsome and
Dymatize 12 Hour Protein is good too & cheaper than the one above

thahotboy

thahotboy

Awards
  • Established
I dont liek the taste off dymatize 12 ! ..lol maybe syntha 6 ?

sportsfan4110

sportsfan4110

Awards
dymatize 12hr is the $hit!!!
X2 i love this stuff
i get the fudge brownie and mix with just a little bit of water to make a pudding and put in fridge for about an hour. stuff taste awesome

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
have you tried allthewhey's casein?

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
ATW is known for their tasty products and quality.

I like it.

BiggerGeek

Awards
I like strawberry banana complete milk dairy isolate from true protein

mrlargecalves

Awards
  • Established
cup of milk with 1 scoop of muscle milk. 22 bucks lasts about a month

kilmann40

kilmann40

Awards
what is the best pre-bed Casein protein ?? Im curently taking ON 100% Casein but the taste is not that good .... lol
hmm... personally i think the chocolate supreme flavor of 100% casein is dank as all hell

dafox

Awards
  • Established
I just do one scoop of whey protein mixed with milk, and I think that does it. it's a lot cheaper than anything else:head:

rob561

rob561

Awards
  • Established
X2 i love this stuff
i get the fudge brownie and mix with just a little bit of water to make a pudding and put in fridge for about an hour. stuff taste awesome
rep'd!!! i love the fudge brownie!! that pudding sounds amazing!!!!

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
I like Evopro, a casein blend that actually tastes like muscle milk, without the high fat content.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
I think it actually mixes worse than Muscle Milk. I was disappointed...
Taste is good, but your right about the mixibility. I just keep stirring.

Isn't that the case with all caseins, though?

bound

bound

Awards
  • Established
Scrambled eggs.

BiggerGeek

Awards
I always do my night time shake with lots of ice in the blender, so mixability usually isnt an issue

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
2 pints of whole milk :D

I use REFLEX Nutrition's strawberry Casein blend. tastes like milkshake babyyyyy!

BiggerGeek

Awards
If you are using ZMA, make sure your night time protein shake doesn't have calcium in it. I take ZMA so I use TP's miscellar casein with water

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
I hear mixed opinions of pre-bed casein. I personally look leaner when I don't give my body work to do before bed, like the efforts of digesting, metabolizing, and assimilating hard-to-digest protein right before I go to sleep when an EMPTY stomach is required for gH release.

Though, I do eat a meal that has something like chicken, beef, or Greek Yogurt 2.5-3 hours before I go to sleep.

BiggerGeek

Awards
I usually take my shake an hour or so before bed along with my zma. I don't think it effects my growth hormone response because there really isn't an insulin response from casein. Milk, on the other hand, causes a significant insulin response.

But true, I am curious about all this fasting talk. It is a shame insulin and growth hormone antagonistic... yin and yang as it were

BiggerGeek

Awards
I hear mixed opinions of pre-bed casein. I personally look leaner when I don't give my body work to do before bed, like the efforts of digesting, metabolizing, and assimilating hard-to-digest protein right before I go to sleep when an EMPTY stomach is required for gH release.

Though, I do eat a meal that has something like chicken, beef, or Greek Yogurt 2.5-3 hours before I go to sleep.
whats greek yogurt??? I wonder if it has a high insulin index but low glycemic index like milk does.

I wish there was more research and a standard way to indicate the insulin index

tribaltek

tribaltek

All Traps - No Tris
Awards
  • Established
Xtreme Ultra Peptide (both 1.0 and 2.0) are outstanding.

The Dymatize 12 Hr. mentioned above doesn't look that great to me.

Elite 12-Hour Ingredients:
Extended Release Protein Matrix: (Whey, Milk, Egg Derived Protein Compound Including Added Branch Chain Amino Acids (BCAA's) And Added Glutamine):, Whey Protein Concentrate, Milk Protein Matrix (Milk Powder, Calcium Caseinate), Whey Protein Isolate, Whey Peptides, Egg Protein, Egg Albumin, L-Leucine, L-Isoleucine, L-Valine, Glutamine), Soy Isolate Protein, Cocoa, Liposorb Blend (Sunflower Oil, Medium Chain Triglycerides (MCT's), Flaxseed Oil, Borage Oil (10% GLA - Gamma-Linolenic Acid), CLA Oil (Conjugated Linoleic Acid), Evening Primrose Oil (4.8% GLA - Gamma-Linolenic Acid)), Fiber Matrix (Xanthan Gum, Flaxseed Powder), Natural And Artificial Flavors, Potassium Chloride, Acesulfame Potassium, Titanium Dioxide, Zytrix®, Sucralose

BiggerGeek

Awards
Xtreme Ultra Peptide (both 1.0 and 2.0) are outstanding.

The Dymatize 12 Hr. mentioned above doesn't look that great to me.

Elite 12-Hour Ingredients:
Extended Release Protein Matrix: (Whey, Milk, Egg Derived Protein Compound Including Added Branch Chain Amino Acids (BCAA's) And Added Glutamine):, Whey Protein Concentrate, Milk Protein Matrix (Milk Powder, Calcium Caseinate), Whey Protein Isolate, Whey Peptides, Egg Protein, Egg Albumin, L-Leucine, L-Isoleucine, L-Valine, Glutamine), Soy Isolate Protein, Cocoa, Liposorb Blend (Sunflower Oil, Medium Chain Triglycerides(MCT's), Flaxseed Oil, Borage Oil (10% GLA - Gamma-Linolenic Acid), CLA Oil (Conjugated Linoleic Acid), Evening Primrose Oil (4.8% GLA - Gamma-Linolenic Acid)), Fiber Matrix (Xanthan Gum, Flaxseed Powder), Natural And Artificial Flavors, Potassium Chloride, Acesulfame Potassium, Titanium Dioxide, Zytrix®, Sucralose
Me no likey whey concentrate.... Do they have the amounts of each of those ingredients? Whenever a product has a whole lot of beneficial ingredients, it always makes me think of muscletech anabolic halo. I friend of mine told me he was taking that, so I looked it up. It has like every possible thing in it but with little bitty amounts and stupid names.

Not knocking dymatize (well except for the whey concentrate part) but I'd still like to know hoe much of each thing is in it