Prescribed Lisinopril and metoprolol

Mattgainz69

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Anyone of you guys take these? Been on 10 mg of Lisinopril for two years now. Dr wants me to up it to 20 mgs now. Been having episodes of svt as well. Been having them since I was 12 but kind of never looked into it. 32 now and about to have a kid so been focusing more on my health. She prescribed me metoprolol as well to help with that I would assume. Also going to be seeing a cardiologist for a ultra sound and possibly monitor to wear to catch one of these episodes.

Ironpirate

Ironpirate

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Anyone of you guys take these? Been on 10 mg of Lisinopril for two years now. Dr wants me to up it to 20 mgs now. Been having episodes of svt as well. Been having them since I was 12 but kind of never looked into it. 32 now and about to have a kid so been focusing more on my health. She prescribed me metoprolol as well to help with that I would assume. Also going to be seeing a cardiologist for a ultra sound and possibly monitor to wear to catch one of these episodes.
My son and I have the svt thing, very similar to AFib. I take 20mg of Lisinopril daily for 6 months now for bp maintenance. My son had a surgery to fix it but mine is not severe like his was and with the Lisinopril I hardly ever get palpitations, like once a month maybe. My grandfather had it and lived to 91 with 88 of those being good healthy years.

Mattgainz69

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
My son and I have the svt thing, very similar to AFib. I take 20mg of Lisinopril daily for 6 months now for bp maintenance. My son had a surgery to fix it but mine is not severe like his was and with the Lisinopril I hardly ever get palpitations, like once a month maybe. My grandfather had it and lived to 91 with 88 of those being good healthy years.
Thanks man appreciate the response. Yea mine I use those vaegal maneuvers and they go away. Pain is I'm a firefighter so sometimes they come at inconvenient times. Anyone know if any of these meds will hinder cardio? Someone suggested I look into telmisartan?

Ironpirate

Ironpirate

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I have not heard of that maneuver. I just sit in a chair take a deep breath while lowering my head to between my knees. Like on an airplane, I used to work with this old man that taught me how to make it stop almost right away. You should look into the surgery, my son did it when he was like 15 and he said it was not bad just some swelling in the groin where they thread the line into.

Mattgainz69

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I have not heard of that maneuver. I just sit in a chair take a deep breath while lowering my head to between my knees. Like on an airplane, I used to work with this old man that taught me how to make it stop almost right away. You should look into the surgery, my son did it when he was like 15 and he said it was not bad just some swelling in the groin where they thread the line into.
Thanks man. They technically haven't diagnosed me with it yet. But wanted to see if you experience the same type of episodes. So mine mostly occur when doing something physical. Like bending over and picking up a weight at the gym. I can feel it coming on instantly. Heart beats super fast. Hr gets over 200 easily. Can last anywhere from 10 min to like an hour if I just don't do anything. Recently been using those maneuvers. Ex. Cold shower, holding breath and pushing out, legs above head. So does that sound similar to what you experience.

Also in the past I would blast and cruise. Nowadays 32 and only am on self prescribed trt. 150 mgs a week. Should I mention to my cardiologist I self trt?

Ironpirate

Ironpirate

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Thanks man. They technically haven't diagnosed me with it yet. But wanted to see if you experience the same type of episodes. So mine mostly occur when doing something physical. Like bending over and picking up a weight at the gym. I can feel it coming on instantly. Heart beats super fast. Hr gets over 200 easily. Can last anywhere from 10 min to like an hour if I just don't do anything. Recently been using those maneuvers. Ex. Cold shower, holding breath and pushing out, legs above head. So does that sound similar to what you experience.

Also in the past I would blast and cruise. Nowadays 32 and only am on self prescribed trt. 150 mgs a week. Should I mention to my cardiologist I self trt?
Yes that is it. I wouldn't hide anything from your doctor when it comes to this. If you are having the palps once a week or more or it last a long time sometimes then wearing the monitor and eventually the surgery is what you need. Did the trt have any impact on the frequency or intensity of the episodes? If it has you may want to reconsider it or lower the dose. Strokes are no joke.

Mattgainz69

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Yes that is it. I wouldn't hide anything from your doctor when it comes to this. If you are having the palps once a week or more or it last a long time sometimes then wearing the monitor and eventually the surgery is what you need. Did the trt have any impact on the frequency or intensity of the episodes? If it has you may want to reconsider it or lower the dose. Strokes are no joke.
Hard to say been on my trt for 10 years now. Remember having it when I was 12 but can't remember how frequent it was back then compared to now. All my blood work is good minus slightly elevated RBC. Which I have been donating regularly for. Only on 150 mgs. You suggest I message my Dr and let her know I'm on it or wait and see what the results of the echo and other stuff is first

Ironpirate

Ironpirate

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I
Hard to say been on my trt for 10 years now. Remember having it when I was 12 but can't remember how frequent it was back then compared to now. All my blood work is good minus slightly elevated RBC. Which I have been donating regularly for. Only on 150 mgs. You suggest I message my Dr and let her know I'm on it or wait and see what the results of the echo and other stuff is first
I Really don't want to give you the wrong advice about your doctor and possibly harm you and your family. I tell my doctor everything and I mean everything because I know she wants to help me and is not going to go out of her way to cause me any stress, not all doctors are like this.