Post workout recovery drink

botk1161

botk1161

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Please point me to the best comprehensive post workout recovery drinks. Ty!

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
your favorite amino + your favorite creatine

nice protein meal
This. Some people are fans of products like core post which has goodies but most of the time the price tag isn’t worth it unless it’s on sale. I am a simple two scoops of protein and just take my creatine then out of convenience. Are you having trouble recovering from your workouts or you just want to make sure you’re maximizing nutrition post training?

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I drink BCAA/EAA's intra pre and intra. I usually finish them about midway through my workout.

My post workout is Cluster Dextrin/Highly Branched Cyclic Dextrin + either Creatine HCI or Creatine Magnapower in one shake and then a whey protein shake.

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I like to eat directly after a workout, so I make my own little training "desert".

Rice
Honey
Cinnamon
SELECT Protein

Cook the rice, add the other ingredients and put it in a thermos.
Still hot when i open it post workout.

Stern3657

Awards
I drink BCAA/EAA's intra pre and intra. I usually finish them about midway through my workout.

My post workout is Cluster Dextrin/Highly Branched Cyclic Dextrin + either Creatine HCI or Creatine Magnapower in one shake and then a whey protein shake.
Steve - would you be willing to detail your full supplement regime somewhere? I’m curious to see what someone with the keys to the kingdom actually uses. Sorry for the thread detail.

botk1161

botk1161

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
At 53 yrs old, I am not recovering like I used too. But I really need to drive some whey and carbs into me immediately after workout like you guys suggested! I tend to not be hungry and wait a while before eating.

I have tried number of creatine's over the years and never been able to find one that agrees with my gut. Is there any new (I mean in the past 5 years) creatine's that may be easier to digest?

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
At 53 yrs old, I am not recovering like I used too. But I really need to drive some whey and carbs into me immediately after workout like you guys suggested! I tend to not be hungry and wait a while before eating.

I have tried number of creatine's over the years and never been able to find one that agrees with my gut. Is there any new (I mean in the past 5 years) creatine's that may be easier to digest?
Here's some recent discussion on different forms of creatine and the gut issue:

bigthug

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • Established
“Don’t you know the latest studies show” ... you have to drink it while doing a headstand and curling with your free arm during every sip. Maximizes absorption
Hell yeah my man and if you take cell tech hardcore the gains get maximized by 4 times 🤣😉

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

Maybe just eat some steak :D

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
check out EPICHAOS by apex. its great to rub on after your shower before you slam that der post work out meal or drink. carry them pumps for miles!

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

The best 2 types of creatine that work for me are Creatine HCI and Magnesium Creatine Chelate (Creatine Magnapower). Have you tried these?

We make Creatine HCI in capsules and flavored power.

We make Magnesium Creatine Chelate (Creatine Magnapower) in unflavored powder. We are out of stock at the moment but its shipping to us this week so we'll have it back in stock next week. Due to the amount of interest in it, I'll probably do a coupon code for it when it arrives back in as well.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Steve - would you be willing to detail your full supplement regime somewhere? I’m curious to see what someone with the keys to the kingdom actually uses. Sorry for the thread detail.
I can try to do that sometimes soon. I had thought about doing a light hearted conversational type log somewhere of the run I'm starting. I know that I wouldn't be super consistent so I wouldn't be charting my diet and workouts, but maybe more like some light hearted conversation and like a progress report thing. Just to have fun with and make myself accountable to workout the best I have time for. I'll try to get something posted up in the next week or so. If I don't, feel free to pm me and remind me :)

botk1161

botk1161

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
The best 2 types of creatine that work for me are Creatine HCI and Magnesium Creatine Chelate (Creatine Magnapower). Have you tried these?

We make Creatine HCI in capsules and flavored power.

We make Magnesium Creatine Chelate (Creatine Magnapower) in unflavored powder. We are out of stock at the moment but its shipping to us this week so we'll have it back in stock next week. Due to the amount of interest in it, I'll probably do a coupon code for it when it arrives back in as well.
I have tried Creatine Chelate, but it came in tri blend creatine product with monohydrate. I think I need to what works for you above ty!

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I have tried Creatine Chelate, but it came in tri blend creatine product with monohydrate. I think I need to what works for you above ty!
Unfortunately, the companies putting it in a blend with regular monohydrate are really just doing it for marketing purposes - putting it in there for name value but at a low dose to keep the cost down.

And you're welcome. If you try it out, let me know what you think if you remember to. We should have the MCC powder back in stock next week and I'll do a sale code on it direct and we'll also start getting retailers resupplied.

bigthug

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • Established
Have you Tried kre-alkalyn that works really well for me not trolling

botk1161

botk1161

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Unfortunately, the companies putting it in a blend with regular monohydrate are really just doing it for marketing purposes - putting it in there for name value but at a low dose to keep the cost down.

And you're welcome. If you try it out, let me know what you think if you remember to. We should have the MCC powder back in stock next week and I'll do a sale code on it direct and we'll also start getting retailers resupplied.
Nice. Will wait for the sale code. Thanks again...

Rad83

Rad83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Have you Tried kre-alkalyn that works really well for me not trolling
That’s the only one I use,…and I’ve tried them all!….People bash it, but it’s legit.
4 caps is an easy 3g dose.

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
That’s the only one I use,…and I’ve tried them all!….People bash it, but it’s legit.
That still around? I allways thought it's a hoax. I guess not. But kre-alkalyn is creatine monohydrate, so what's the difference? Did you ever try creatine pyruvate?

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Good example of how different things work different for different people. I tried this type many years ago and still got some bloating from it but not as much; problem was I never felt like I got any results from it either .

All of the lower doses ones are definitely convenient. That's why we do Creatine HCI in capsules too - for the people that prefer an easy capsule dose. We've been considering doing Creatine Magnapower in caps as well but not sure yet.

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Food should always be first and foremost. Product-wise, if you are in a splurging mood, I must say, I really enjoyed Core Post. Well formulated.