poseidon log (newbie body recomp including sesathin)

johnyq

johnyq

Awards
  • Established
log ended early.

conclusion: posiedon is an excellent staple.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Great start to the log johny. You look like you've got everything pretty well thought out, I think your going in the right direction. As for your wife not liking the taste, try mixing it up in at least 8-10oz of water to dilute it a little more and if possible put it in the fridge or let it stand a couple of minutes and you'll find that the taste is practically a non issue. How are you dosing the Poseidon and how many servings per day are you and your wife taking?

Looking forward to hearing how this goes, and remember... stay away from the :pizza: :D

johnyq

johnyq

Awards
  • Established
Ya it was mixed in a large glass with a splash of cranberry juice. She just doesn't like taking things unless they taste good. I'll try to prepare it early and see if that has any effect. It reminded both of us slightly of plain alka-seltzer. I guess "ocean aroma" is fitting.

My planned dosing: 3 on off days, 4 on workout days.

She will probably be 2 off and 3 on.

Trying my best to stay away from pizza (once every other week is the personal guideline). Definitely not staying away from beer (avid homebrewer), but I will keep it mostly to friday/saturday and in moderation.

for tonight, I feel more relaxed and able to concentrate than I normally would feel after a decent run. Studying tonight for a class, so that is good! (those curious, started back at school recently for a MS in comp eng, so I hope this is a continued effect!).

workin2005

workin2005

NIMBUS NUTRITION Co Founder
Awards
  • Established
Ya it was mixed in a large glass with a splash of cranberry juice. She just doesn't like taking things unless they taste good. I'll try to prepare it early and see if that has any effect. It reminded both of us slightly of plain alka-seltzer. I guess "ocean aroma" is fitting.

Trying my best to stay away from pizza (once every other week is the personal guideline). Definitely not staying away from beer (avid homebrewer), but I will keep it mostly to friday/saturday and in moderation.

for tonight, I feel more relaxed and able to concentrate than I normally would feel after a decent run. Studying tonight for a class, so that is good! (those curious, started back at school recently for a MS in comp eng, so I hope this is a continued effect!).
Looking forward to your log johnyq!

Here is a thread that provides many links to info and others experiences on Poseidon:
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/60190-links-poseidon-logs.html?highlight=poseidon

I think you and your wife will be very happy with the results! Keep us updated ;)

Workin

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!

Dosing looks good johny, I think you'll like the combo with the studying. I'm currently in a master's program as well, and it really makes the down time studying a lot more effecient.

johnyq

johnyq

Awards
  • Established
Some things I have noticed that I hope continue happening:

-hands aren't as dry as normal

-concentrating better at work, and in a better mood

-felt better after my last run than normal

-woke up early two days in a row now. This is absolutely insane for me, I really hope this is a trend.

did legs last night at the gym. My body and legs are finally getting comfortable with squatting (yay!), so I'm sore today for the first time. I won't log the details of my workout, I don't think anyone is looking to necessarily see a direct effect from poseidon on max lifts.

Felt great after the workout, unfortunately I had a homebrew meeting last night, so I threw away some of my gains to a few beers. Absolutely no fog or hangover type remnants today from the beers (not like I got drunk, but still).

weight dropped to about 179, probably from the HIIT I just started.

As for my wife, she's having difficulty taking it still. I'm working on her though. Neither of us understand this "no taste" business, you guys must have choked down some nasty stuff in your time in the name of supplementing ;)

But ya, it doesn't bother me, I just down it quick. She is learning to mix in some flavored items, maybe she'll get used to it eventually.

updates over the weekend will be slim to none. Friends 21st and we are all going to DC and having some fun celebrating. I'll be sure to get some runs in though (running in the AM, celebrating in the PM...good test of poseidon maybe).

workin2005

workin2005

Awards
  • Established
Some things I have noticed that I hope continue happening:

-hands aren't as dry as normal

-concentrating better at work, and in a better mood

-felt better after my last run than normal

-woke up early two days in a row now. This is absolutely insane for me, I really hope this is a trend.

did legs last night at the gym. My body and legs are finally getting comfortable with squatting (yay!), so I'm sore today for the first time. I won't log the details of my workout, I don't think anyone is looking to necessarily see a direct effect from poseidon on max lifts.

Felt great after the workout, unfortunately I had a homebrew meeting last night, so I threw away some of my gains to a few beers. Absolutely no fog or hangover type remnants today from the beers (not like I got drunk, but still).

weight dropped to about 179, probably from the HIIT I just started.

As for my wife, she's having difficulty taking it still. I'm working on her though. Neither of us understand this "no taste" business, you guys must have choked down some nasty stuff in your time in the name of supplementing ;)

But ya, it doesn't bother me, I just down it quick. She is learning to mix in some flavored items, maybe she'll get used to it eventually.

updates over the weekend will be slim to none. Friends 21st and we are all going to DC and having some fun celebrating. I'll be sure to get some runs in though (running in the AM, celebrating in the PM...good test of poseidon maybe).
Great feedback!

As for the taste, are you mixing 1 serving at a time in at least 8-10 oz water? Also, letting it sit for 2-3 min's before drinking gets rid of most of the taste IMO.

You may want to get some Crystal Light and mix it with your Poseidon. That will get ride of any taste all together. You can also try mixing it with your protein shakes...you'll find it mixes very well.

The ability Poseidon has to cure a hang over is amazing. This is not necessarily a good thing IMO as it gives people a good excuse to drink...NOT OUR INTENTION! LOL! :cheers:

Looking forward to your continued progress. Thanks for your feedback johnyq! :)

Workin

johnyq

johnyq

Awards
  • Established
I had a tough week. I was completely burned out after the weekend, and with the time change I was feeling really ill. Then tuesday I got 2 hours of sleep studying for a midterm. Poseidon couldn't save me from that, guess its not a wonder supplement;)

however, It definitely seems to be a hangover preventer/killer:eek: :lol:

I have noticed my ability to concentrate continues to be elevated (at least on the days I wasn't feeling like ass, or had zero sleep).

I had a few good work outs in spite of the tough week, and recovery has been high. The only run I went on was crappy though, my feet were cramping so I went out and got new shoes. Hopefully I'll post a good run tomorrow.

Thats about all I have. Body weight has remained the same, lifts have been increasing in weight very quick. Having a lot of fun, and still really excited.

I almost ENJOY the flavor now, very strange.

The only thing my wife has seemed to notice is that she isn't thursty as often. She still has a slightly hard time taking it, but that was expected.

workin2005

workin2005

Awards
  • Established
I had a tough week. I was completely burned out after the weekend, and with the time change I was feeling really ill. Then tuesday I got 2 hours of sleep studying for a midterm. Poseidon couldn't save me from that, guess its not a wonder supplement;)

however, It definitely seems to be a hangover preventer/killer:eek: :lol:

I have noticed my ability to concentrate continues to be elevated (at least on the days I wasn't feeling like ass, or had zero sleep).

I had a few good work outs in spite of the tough week, and recovery has been high. The only run I went on was crappy though, my feet were cramping so I went out and got new shoes. Hopefully I'll post a good run tomorrow.

Thats about all I have. Body weight has remained the same, lifts have been increasing in weight very quick. Having a lot of fun, and still really excited.

I almost ENJOY the flavor now, very strange.

The only thing my wife has seemed to notice is that she isn't thursty as often. She still has a slightly hard time taking it, but that was expected.
Midterms can certainly mess up your body. I would get insomnia, sick and completely stressed out studying for exams in college...everytime! All sense of normalicy seemed to get thrown out the window...ahhh yes, those were the days. lol! :thumbsup:

The benefits of Poseidon will only increase the longer your taking it. I'll be interested to hear your thoughts in another week or so...especially after you've had the chance to get on a normal sleep cycle.

Your wife may want to try mixing Poseidon in with Crystal Light or, as some have done, Diet V-8 Splash. (my personal favorite thanks to Jayhawk :) )

Keep us updated!

Workin

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Man that's some bad timing with the time change and midterms all in the same week. I was thrown off for like 2 days after the time change last weekend, I could imagine the difficulty it would cause with my midterms all at the same time. Luckily, my mids are actually in about week so I should be set. Hope everything normalizes for you soon johny, but hey what would life be like if we didn't get some rasberries every now and again.

johnyq

johnyq

Awards
  • Established
Wife went to florida to visit her dad this week. She has been w/o poseidon. I asked her if she noticed anything, and her headaches have come back. She wasn't having them until then. Hopefully not a coincidence.

Her dad has parkinsons, and I'm trying to convince him to go on poseidon. Its probably not going to happen, but he is already methylcobalamin tablets.

Workouts and recovery are excellent. I haven't been able to run much as my knees were feeling stressed from squats. I have to work on my form I guess.

I still feel a heightened ability to concentrate.

workin2005

workin2005

Awards
  • Established
Wife went to florida to visit her dad this week. She has been w/o poseidon. I asked her if she noticed anything, and her headaches have come back. She wasn't having them until then. Hopefully not a coincidence.

Her dad has parkinsons, and I'm trying to convince him to go on poseidon. Its probably not going to happen, but he is already methylcobalamin tablets.

Workouts and recovery are excellent. I haven't been able to run much as my knees were feeling stressed from squats. I have to work on my form I guess.

I still feel a heightened ability to concentrate.

Thanks for your feedback...

I'm very sorry to hear about your wifes father. Parkinson's is something that I can imagine would be very hard to watch a loved one go through. My prayers are with your family.

Workin

johnyq

johnyq

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for your feedback...

I'm very sorry to hear about your wifes father. Parkinson's is something that I can imagine would be very hard to watch a loved one go through. My prayers are with your family.

Workin
Thanks, we are pretty excited as he just went through the deep brain stimulation surgery (why she went down there). So hopefully his symptoms will be mostly under control now. We will find out in a week when they turn the probes on.

Not a cure, but it reduces the symptoms and that is good thing.

about to hit the gym and see if my knees are healed yet (I love me some squats).

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Hope all works out for the better my man, and some good fortune comes your way.

Now.....WHO-RAAA!!! Get them squats jonhy

workin2005

workin2005

Awards
  • Established
Thanks, we are pretty excited as he just went through the deep brain stimulation surgery (why she went down there). So hopefully his symptoms will be mostly under control now. We will find out in a week when they turn the probes on.

Not a cure, but it reduces the symptoms and that is good thing.

about to hit the gym and see if my knees are healed yet (I love me some squats).
I'll be praying everything works out even better than expected. Let me know how things turn out my friend. :)

Workin