PLCAR:
Propionyl-L-Carnitine (100 grams) By: RPN

Who am I:
-22 years old
-216lbs, get to 220 by days end
-drink 2 gallons water daily
-trained for six yrs
-probably around 15% bf

My goal is to train for hypertrophy, I will be including many drop sets, supersets, etc after starting out with heavier compound movements first.

My Diet
-2 cups of oats daily
-lb ground beef daily
-8-12 whole eggs daily
-1 to 2 chicken breasts daily
-cran apple juice (100%)
-whole wheat bread
-regular cheerios w/ whole milk
-i eat out fairly often
-sirloin steaks
-potatoes
-brown rice
-pb

The Training:
-I had been aiming more and more for higher rep, higher volume work. I will try to incorporate all the isolation movements in the "Getting Cut With Glass" Charles Glass training series that can be found her at bb dot com. I typically train 2 on, 1 off, 3 on 1 off.

Dosing
-I will be using 3 servings of poseidon daily, with a little over 1g of PLCAR in each serving

Let me know if anybody has any Q's, my first lift will be tonight, I'll be lifting back.

Thanks to Matt and RPN, Tim at Nimbus, and RPN and Nimbus as a whole for the opportunity.

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Other Supps
-various preWO powders as needed
-XF Whey
-XF UP 2.0
-bulk creatine mono
-NOW Daily Vits
-NOW Fis Oil
-NOW Flax Oil
-Toco-8
-Vitaberry
-Purple Intrain

All staples, and all are general health/nutrition supps

just took my start pics and they were impressive, arms at at 18" and documented with myotape. pics will be loaded on Monday, as my comps as home dont have the software for my digi cam.

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Day 1 Back

Notes
-felt increased energy without the use of stims, I plan to attempt to obstain from all stim use during this log. in order to accurately gauge the effects of plcar and the methyl b vits in poseidon.
-order of ingredients is diff on this poseidon than the old unflavored
-i felt more tingles at 1 scoop of this than 2 scoops of my big bottle, but im assuming thats just due to me not shaking it up enough. no itching, just flushing/red skin around all my joints.
-taste of poseidon is great on its own, very sweet when mixed in 8oz water, very pleasant in 16oz
-tastes heavenly mixed with intrain
-plcar taste is completely masked by poseidon
-

Dose
1 scoop poseidon w/ 1.3g plcar weighed on my weigh digi scale around 2pm

the same during my WO mixed with intrain

last dose will be around 2 or 3 AM when i get done with late note volleyball (what i do instead of partying on weekends)

The Lift
Lat Pulldowns using Glass method of shoulders in front. I cant believe how much these hit the lower lat
50lbsx12
75x12
90x12
120x8
135x8
150x8

Seated Rows Glass Method (working spinal erectors and lower lats)
worked up to 150 for 12

Hammer Strength Pulldown
worked up to 1 plate and a 25 per side for 8

Hammer High Rows
worked up to 2 plates/side for 12

One Arm DB Rows
worked up to 75 for 12

Finished With Hyperextensions and Various Ab Work

Ever since I've gone dramatically lighter and more strict on form I've seen amazing size gains.

long story short, first day went well!

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
-Delts tonight, or tomorrow, depending on how i feel.

-Drinking this, when diluted in 16oz water, is a treat!

-despite the horrid smell of PLCAR, there is no taste of it whatsoever when mixed with poseidon

-i was very tired and foggy headed this morning, but after drinking a poseidon with 1.5g plcar i am now fairly energetic and completely clear headed.

-lower lats are pretty fatigued today from that WO, im hoping to get the lower lats to flare as well as my upper lats do (pics will be up soon)

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
The Lift

Followed the delt WO from "getting cut w/ glass"

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/glasscut0.htm

Side Raises
20x16
25x16
25x16
30x12
30x12

drop set
25x8
20x8
15x8
10x16

Smith Press with elbows in front (so much harder than how I just to do them)
barx12
25/sidex12
35x12
50x12
50x8

Push Presses or whatever Glass calls them
worked up to 70lbs/sidex4

WIDE Grip Upright Rows
50x12
70x12
90x12
100x12 (this lift was easier than I thought it would be, and gave me a great pump)

DB Front Raises, Glass Style, superset reverse pec dec

20sx12----90x12
25x9----125x12

Notes
-Had the first serving of poseidon and plcar upon waking, and it gives me a nice smooth lift.
-Had 2g plcar and 2 scoops poseidon during my lift
-Used one scoop sp250 and one packet AM Nimbus P3 before lifting, I am trying to stay away from stims... but today my Dad wanted to take me to a local brewery so I was a bit tired after drinking two pints (just enough to make you sleepy). so I came home, took the p3 and did cardio, came back from cardio had a shake and sp250 and hit the gym. I had an amazing lift today.

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Sorry i havent been able to update the past few days, in that time I only had one workout, a leg WO based on high reps (16-20) and drop sets.

Unlike drinking intrabolic and the other intraWO products, poseidon is thin enough to not bother me at all while drinking intraWO. It is very refreshing and seems to keep me very well hydrated during my lifts, as i get quite sweaty.

Again, I used vengeance to help with energy, but will be trying harder to go stim free from here on out. it was hard as i started this log the same week i started school, so i was a little drained for energy.

the plcar is noticeable for a slight mental and physical lift. for anybody who has taken alcar, l-carnitine, gplc, you know the energy and recovery go up slightly, but it cant provide the balls to walls energy needed if your dragging ass and want a great WO.

Typically, drinking a fruit flavored supp 3x daily and something as sour as plcar 3x daily would be a real pain, but nimbus nailed the flavor on this and its a treat and is truly refreshing.

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Good luck! I love poseidon but have not had the opp to try the new flavor!

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Day 7 pushWO

Got up to 4 plates/side for 4 reps on the hammer strength incline press (PR)

no other PRs today, but the rest of the lift included:
db side laterals
smith shoulder press
upright rows, wide grip
steering wheels
tricep pushdowns
reverse pushdowns

Notes
-I cant say ive felt any accumulative effect from the plcar just yet, but i suppose the poseidon has had an effect which builds upon itself since ive been very well hyrated and have had good fullness as well as energy which both products seem to be contributing
-pullWO, back and bis, tomorrow

mattikus

mattikus

Awards
  • Established
Poseidon is great and the PLCAR will do it's thing just not as obvious as something like a stim rush. If you want to stay off of stims, I think you have a great base. Keep it up!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Anabolics 3
Supplements 3
Supplements 0
Supplements 15
Supplements 3