Plymouth City's Log

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Calcium D Glucarate is one of my "Staple" supplements that I take everyday, like fish oil. Its an important one and one of the most important, IMO. Calcium D is a very, very potent anti cancer supplement.

"In 1986 Walaszek and co-workers demonstrated that taking D-Glucarate orally, in animals and humans, leads to a slow release of a substance that inhibits glucuronidase. Glucuronidase is an enzyme that thwarts the body’s efforts to rid itself of cancer causing substances known as carcinogens."

"Rats given anthracene develop breast cancer, but if they were pre-treated with dietary Glucarate, tumor development was blocked in over 70% of the animals. It was shown that when D-Glucarate was fed to the animals, the levels of estradiol (the form of estrogen that causes breast cancer) were decreased in the blood. In summery, D-Glucarate lowers the level of glucuronidase, and in so doing allows the body eliminate harmful carcinogens (cancer causing chemicals)"

Calcium D

So Calcium D is one of the top 10, IMO. I always take it at 200mg a day, and its pretty cheap. There are alot of places to get it, I suggest lef.com

Become a member of LEF and support them, they are good people. If you do so, you can buy Cal D, 60 caps, for $11.25. Calcium D-Glucarate, 200 Mg 60 Capsules

So basically Calcium D costs under 6 bucks a month. Worth it.

And yes DcGuy, I am very, very excited about stacking that product we are talking about, the transdermal "D" with some other goodies. They are in the process of reworking the DS version to be even more potent. I will be sure to let everyone know my experience with it, and of course I will have bloodwork to show as well. The numbers don't lie :smite:
If you buy LEF multivitamins
you get 200mg Calcium D-glucarate
for no extra cost.

I used to use
Life Extension Mix with extra Niacin
after my last blood test I got their copper/less version.

dcguy4u

Awards
Plymouth,
Thanks for your insight on Calicum D G. But what I am more curious about is it's use with aplha male. Does it make alplha male more effective ? In my opinion it should.
Also stacking alpha male with D-S doesn't look like a good idea. I'd stack it with original D. Comments ?

SufferingEd

SufferingEd

Awards
  • Established
Well I checked UPS and I should be receiving my ZMA and Glucosemine today. I stopped taking Glucosamine back in January when I had surgery. Now that I am working out again my knee and ankle joints are bugging me, hence the need for Glucosamine again. I am ready to start ZMA and see how it works. I will cycle it. I may do 5 days on 2 days off, but I also heard and 4 on 1 off then 3 on 1 off back to 4 is a good cycle too. Anyways go to doc next week. Will see where my E2 is at that time. Below is my supplement dosage for now.

AM
Vitex---500mg
Glusamin/Chondroitin---750mg
Multivitamen-(from what I've been reading these are worthless-what shoudl I take instead?)
Testim 1%-----10g (two 5g tubes)

PM
Vitex-----500mg (suppose to take two a day for 6 weeks then down to one a day)
Glucoamine/Chondroitin---750mg
ZMA when it gets here. (i have heard you can take two before bed and one before a work out. Any thoughts).

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Plymouth,
Thanks for your insight on Calicum D G. But what I am more curious about is it's use with aplha male. Does it make alplha male more effective ? In my opinion it should.
Also stacking alpha male with D-S doesn't look like a good idea. I'd stack it with original D. Comments ?
Yea, no doubt Cal D would make AM more effective. I take Cal D everyday anyways.

I don't see why it can't be stacked with DS, however, one is going to get more of a T boost from D. Eventually, one is going to have to use DS with AM though because D can't be used for extended periods of time or shutdown will occur. D needs to be cycled 2 weeks on/2off or 4 weeks on/4off. AM can be taken forever, given one is cycling 5days/2off.

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Well I checked UPS and I should be receiving my ZMA and Glucosemine today. I stopped taking Glucosamine back in January when I had surgery. Now that I am working out again my knee and ankle joints are bugging me, hence the need for Glucosamine again. I am ready to start ZMA and see how it works. I will cycle it. I may do 5 days on 2 days off, but I also heard and 4 on 1 off then 3 on 1 off back to 4 is a good cycle too. Anyways go to doc next week. Will see where my E2 is at that time. Below is my supplement dosage for now.

AM
Vitex---500mg
Glusamin/Chondroitin---750mg
Multivitamen-(from what I've been reading these are worthless-what shoudl I take instead?)
Testim 1%-----10g (two 5g tubes)

PM
Vitex-----500mg (suppose to take two a day for 6 weeks then down to one a day)
Glucoamine/Chondroitin---750mg
ZMA when it gets here. (i have heard you can take two before bed and one before a work out. Any thoughts).
A maximum strength fish oil + CLA will be much, MUCH better for your joints than Gluc chon. Fish Oil has demonstrated superior ability as an anti inflammatory properties. Gluc-Chon has shown potential to regenerate joints, but T + GH would be much, much better alternative than that. You got the T, I understand GH is expensive, Fish Oil +CLA would be next best alternative. I recommend FLAMEOUT - http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=910074

I do ZMA 5/2. Ive tried the whole 4/1-3/1 approach, but with my crazy lifestyle I find I just forget which days are which, its easy to remember Mon - Fri.

Multi's are worthless for the most part. I suggest you take ZMA at night with FLAMEOUT + Carlsons Vit E.

In the AM you want to get some quality minerals in, I suggest chelated copper, selenium, and take your Vitex then.

Where u getting Vitex from? And thats too much BTW, I would stick to 300mg a day.

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
A maximum strength fish oil + CLA will be much, MUCH better for your joints than Gluc chon. Fish Oil has demonstrated superior ability as an anti inflammatory properties. Gluc-Chon has shown potential to regenerate joints, but T + GH would be much, much better alternative than that. You got the T, I understand GH is expensive, Fish Oil +CLA would be next best alternative. I recommend FLAMEOUT - http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=910074

I do ZMA 5/2. Ive tried the whole 4/1-3/1 approach, but with my crazy lifestyle I find I just forget which days are which, its easy to remember Mon - Fri.

Multi's are worthless for the most part. I suggest you take ZMA at night with FLAMEOUT + Carlsons Vit E.

In the AM you want to get some quality minerals in, I suggest chelated copper, selenium, and take your Vitex then.

Where u getting Vitex from? And thats too much BTW, I would stick to 300mg a day.
VPX makes a good chelated multimiineral called CMZ just no copper added is all

dcguy4u

Awards
The reason why I think DS shouldn't be stacked with AM is because they have same mechanism of action. Stilulating LH/FSH to make more T. You can only juice your body so much. I don't think two products with similiar actions can give you double the boost. So as far as I think ..D to give your body more T and AM or DS to stilulate FSH/LH so that body produces T on its own and hence double the action. Comments ?

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
The reason why I think DS shouldn't be stacked with AM is because they have same mechanism of action. Stilulating LH/FSH to make more T. You can only juice your body so much. I don't think two products with similiar actions can give you double the boost. So as far as I think ..D to give your body more T and AM or DS to stilulate FSH/LH so that body produces T on its own and hence double the action. Comments ?
Your exactly right, I think D + AM would be a better bet than DS + AM.

However, I would like to add that DS's only means of raising LH are due to resveratrol. The other two compounds are strictly for E control, and resveratrol also adds as well. I don't think that using AM + DS would overstimulate the LH response, given the fact that AM should be cycled anyways. In fact, it probably would be a good bet if your using AM + DS to go with a 5on/2off anyways.

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Guess who is going to be a tester for the newer version of DS :dance:

SufferingEd

SufferingEd

Awards
  • Established

I've used Gluc-Chon for years with no problems. But I appreciate the advise and I will check into Carlsons fish oil. If it is cheaper I will by all means give it a try when I am done my current Gluc-Chon bottle. Also I take so much Vitex because I've read you are suppose to take double the dose for the first four to six weeks to build it up then drop back down. I would still be at 500mg, but Swanson has a vitex with 400mg. This is the first time I've used them but I have read and heard good things about them. My current Vitex is from GNC. My memory is shot also, sometimes I get into the car and forget where I was going in the first place. So I will more than likely stick with the 5 on 2 off with the ZMA. I wil also check out Flameout and Carlson Vit e. Thanks again.

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I've used Gluc-Chon for years with no problems. But I appreciate the advise and I will check into Carlsons fish oil. If it is cheaper I will by all means give it a try when I am done my current Gluc-Chon bottle. Also I take so much Vitex because I've read you are suppose to take double the dose for the first four to six weeks to build it up then drop back down. I would still be at 500mg, but Swanson has a vitex with 400mg. This is the first time I've used them but I have read and heard good things about them. My current Vitex is from GNC. My memory is shot also, sometimes I get into the car and forget where I was going in the first place. So I will more than likely stick with the 5 on 2 off with the ZMA. I wil also check out Flameout and Carlson Vit e. Thanks again.
Sounds good Ed, let us know how it all goes.

I always had great experiences with Vitex from Biotest.

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
3 days on DIM + IC3 + TMG and I already feel a difference, just more T like and less E like already. I got DIM from here - Estroblock with I3C -60 count

Shipping with them was a nightmare BTW, took weeks cause they forgot to process my order. However, they were cool as hell :) on the phone and gave me a buttload of free stuff for the hassle. Unfortunately, that didn't work out to well. I haven't responded well to stimulants well in the past, and I should have know better, but I took this sample they gave me- Power N Speed -30 count and went out for a bikeride and nearly tore some guys head off for cutting me off in traffic. I jumped off my bike and chased him down looking for blood. He stopped his car, took one look at me(I must have looked like a sweating maniac) and sped off. So yea, it works.

I have been on TMG for a few weeks now, and Im sleeping like a rock. I didn't know why at first so I invesitaged the matter fully. Turns out TMG, amoungst a bunch of other good things, raises SAMe levels in the body. SAMe = More melatonin. No wonder. This stuff is dirt, I mean dirt, cheap, 180 caps(1 cap a day) for like 6 bucks. Basically a years supply for 12 bucks, my kinda supplement. Get it here - Tmg (Trimethylglycine), 500 Mg 180 Tablets

LEF should owe me bucko bucks and supps for all the free advertising I give them ;)

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
SAMe = More melatonin. No wonder. This stuff is dirt, I mean dirt, cheap, 180 caps(1 cap a day) for like 6 bucks. Basically a years supply for 12 bucks, my kinda supplement. Get it here - Tmg (Trimethylglycine), 500 Mg 180 Tablets

LEF should owe me bucko bucks and supps for all the free advertising I give them ;)[/QUOTE]

Stealing my line of thinking are you HAHAHA. I think between you and I we put our heads together we could go into a good business and make a killing..
:type:

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I woke up this morning with wood that woulda made Peter North proud. Thank you DIM. Me likey. :woohoo:

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Ever tried paravol?
Nope, but I checked the label and it looks like its got the usual list of herbs that boost T that everyone is using.

Tribulus
Eurycoma
DIM
Avena Sativa
Chrysin
Cal D Gluc

I already take DIM and Cal. Chrysin is poorly absorbed orally. And I'll get Tribulus and Eurycoma from Biotest.

Interesting product, but I would be skeptical of potentcy of herbs. I know of good places to get these ingredients already.

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
Nope, but I checked the label and it looks like its got the usual list of herbs that boost T that everyone is using.

Tribulus
Eurycoma
DIM
Avena Sativa
Chrysin
Cal D Gluc

I already take DIM and Cal. Chrysin is poorly absorbed orally. And I'll get Tribulus and Eurycoma from Biotest.

Interesting product, but I would be skeptical of potentcy of herbs. I know of good places to get these ingredients already.

Interesting, I see you keep mentioning DIM. What is it, and what does it do?

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
Cool, thanks for the info. By the way here is a much needed BUMP for your journal. I wish I could rep you more.

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Cool, thanks for the info. By the way here is a much needed BUMP for your journal. I wish I could rep you more.
Thanks, no prob, and speaking of people repping me, Ive been offered that by several supplement companies and Im considering a few offers.

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
Found this interesting

Di-Indolin is a substance believed to be an active cruciferous substance (broccoli, cauliflower, kale) for promoting beneficial estrogen metabolism. Di-Indolin helps increase, by 75%, the "good" 2 hydroxy estrogens, which have an affinity to bind blood proteins (SHBG). The effect of this is to leave greater levels of free testosterone.

So DIm could possible lower Shbg via changing the 16 and 4 ratio which may affect increase shbg production with in the liver..

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Found this interesting

Di-Indolin is a substance believed to be an active cruciferous substance (broccoli, cauliflower, kale) for promoting beneficial estrogen metabolism. Di-Indolin helps increase, by 75%, the "good" 2 hydroxy estrogens, which have an affinity to bind blood proteins (SHBG). The effect of this is to leave greater levels of free testosterone.

So DIm could possible lower Shbg via changing the 16 and 4 ratio which may affect increase shbg production with in the liver..
Personally I think that lots of discussions on DIM alone do dis-service.
People are using DIM only and that is only part of the picture.

The only one guy who is happy is a guy who holds patent on that DIM.

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Found this interesting

Now that is very cool. DIM helps keep SHBG in check? Sounds pretty sweet.

Now what to do with IC3? Every report and study Ive read shows that possible increase in cancer blames Ic3, but I have heard it can help and prevent as well. So much confusing stuff going on with IC3 :rant:

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
Now that is very cool. DIM helps keep SHBG in check? Sounds pretty sweet.

Now what to do with IC3? Every report and study Ive read shows that possible increase in cancer blames Ic3, but I have heard it can help and prevent as well. So much confusing stuff going on with IC3 :rant:

This is even more intersting about driving e2 into the ground !!

. Reducing estradiol results in higher thyroid hormone activity. Higher thyroid hormone activity can worsen adrenal fatigue (and depression and fatigue as a result), particularly when the adrenal glands are not healthy enough to tolerate high thyroid hormone levels.
Could explain my incerased low thyroid symptoms !!

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Im picking up some pregnenolone and DHEA cream for a little trial.

Getting TT, FT, E2, IGF-1 and SHBG tested in August it looks.

If that E2 number shows up high again(it was 43) Im finally giving in and going with liquidex.

Been working extremely hard on BF levels. I now have veins protruding out from my lower ab-waist area, this is really cool to see, Ive never been this low in BF, not even during my HS wrestling days. BF is really getting good, Im prolly at 6 now, and feel really good at this level.

I have a feeling Ksman is right:box: E2 will show up high again, I will get liquidex and feel like a million bucks.

FYI, the LEF people are so cool. Upgraded membership and got some products today, they sent me free bottles of Mulit Vitaimins, High potency fish oil and High potency Vit E, all stuff I already take, probably 70 - 80 bucks worth of free stuff. Im looking forward to taking advantage of there VERY cheap BW prices. TT, FT and E2 all tested for 100 bucks flat ;)

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established

If that E2 number shows up high again(it was 43) Im finally giving in and going with liquidex.

Been working extremely hard on BF levels. I now have veins protruding out from my lower ab-waist area, this is really cool to see, Ive never been this low in BF, not even during my HS wrestling days. BF is really getting good, Im prolly at 6 now, and feel really good at this level.

I have a feeling Ksman is right:box: E2 will show up high again, I will get liquidex and feel like a million bucks.

FYI, the LEF people are so cool. Upgraded membership and got some products today, they sent me free bottles of Mulit Vitaimins, High potency fish oil and High potency Vit E, all stuff I already take, probably 70 - 80 bucks worth of free stuff. Im looking forward to taking advantage of there VERY cheap BW prices. TT, FT and E2 all tested for 100 bucks flat ;)
Wonder how much Quest is charging for their:
(Free BioAvailable and Total Testosterone).
It should be less since Quest is not doing any additional testing work they just use their calculator to get the FreeT and BAT values.
Wish they publish their calculator.

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established

After taking an antiestrogen I can feel so relaxed in matter of half hour to 45 minutes its so weird and bowels like loseen up as well: ) nipples are still tender as well, and still have trouble peeing (elevated estrogen no doubt)

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Wonder how much Quest is charging for their:
(Free BioAvailable and Total Testosterone).
It should be less since Quest is not doing any additional testing work they just use their calculator to get the FreeT and BAT values.
Wish they publish their calculator.
JansZ,

No doubt Quest is the leader, but they don't offer testing, at least not that Im aware of, to the public without a DR' script.

With Labcorp threw LEF I can jump that hurdle.

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Just got back from the urologist.

My DR tells me I have a very tightened muscle just below(or was it above?) my bladder that is not allowing my bladder to empty fully. My numbers on the pee flow chart showed up not so good. He seen my estradoil numbers, said that has little if any effect on it.

FYI, getting the tube up the pee shoot was not bad at all(they did an ultrasound on my bladder), barely even felt anything.

The nurses were nice, even when I told them this isn't the first time I have had two girls holding my wang at once ;)

This is all news to me FYI.

So, I have to take so medication called uroxatral for 3 months. Im wondering if maybe i should run Saw Palmetto with it as well.

This is not my territory, anyone wants to chime in feel free to do so. The Dr also said Im extremely young to be having this issue.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established

My DR tells me I have a very tightened muscle just below(or was it above?) my bladder that is not allowing my bladder to empty fully. My numbers on the pee flow chart showed up not so good. He seen my estradoil numbers, said that has little if any effect on it.

FYI, getting the tube up the pee shoot was not bad at all(they did an ultrasound on my bladder), barely even felt anything.

The nurses were nice, even when I told them this isn't the first time I have had two girls holding my wang at once ;)

So, I have to take so medication called uroxatral for 3 months. Im wondering if maybe i should run Saw Palmetto with it as well.

This is not my territory, anyone wants to chime in feel free to do so. The Dr also said Im extremely young to be having this issue.
uroxatral
yesterday I had a visit with my urogist at Sloan Kettering Manhattan NYC.
uroxatral is the one he told me to try on as need basis.
Untill now they were talkig Flomax.

FWIW, there is new way of doing old TURP.
For people with enlarged prostate and peeing problem.
Greenlight Photovaporization of the prostate.
Dr Jaspreet Sandhu at Sloan Kettering Memorial.
It is walk in drive back home yourself type procedure.
I am thinking about doing it, specially when I have 5x per night bathroom trips.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established

How is your prostate?
Have you ever used Tamoxifen.
I just learned that it is not a good news for a prostate, liver and few other.
Article written by a guy who invented DC.

------------http://www.mesomorphosis.com/articles/potratz/pct-protocols.htm

Look for words;
of the long-term tamoxifen therapy case studies were identical to those seen in the early animal studies showing tamoxifen to be a potent hepatotoxin.28-34 Although the effects took much longer to manifest, it became obvious that tamoxifen was toxic to the human liver.

Another well known risk of tamoxifen therapy is the increased risk of developing endometrial cancer
-----
and keep on reading.....

There are two sphincers, one before the other after prostate.

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
uroxatral
yesterday I had a visit with my urogist at Sloan Kettering Manhattan NYC.
uroxatral is the one he told me to try on as need basis.
Untill now they were talkig Flomax.

FWIW, there is new way of doing old TURP.
For people with enlarged prostate and peeing problem.
Greenlight Photovaporization of the prostate.
Dr Jaspreet Sandhu at Sloan Kettering Memorial.
It is walk in drive back home yourself type procedure.
I am thinking about doing it, specially when I have 5x per night bathroom trips.
Prostate gland is perfect, very small, healthy, typical for someone my age(27). PSA was a very low .3

So all is healthy in that regard. Most older people with frequent urination is tied to prostate. My prostate is fine, its the muscle just below the bladder that controls pee flow is tightened. I suspect it is from my wrestling/football/jujitsu days of heavy water use and having to frequently hold during matches/games lead to tightened muscle - my urologist agrees with this theory as well. It was typical of matches lasting near hours without breaks and heavy water intake. I trained in this for nearly a decade.

I have to frequently take bathroom breaks alot - Its because bladder isn't emptying out fully.

The uroxatrol is supposed to act as a muscle relaxer and anti inflammatory agent for the entire area, which is why people with prostate issues benefit from it as well. He said one side effect is people prone to headaches might get mild ones when first starting. I never get headaches so I should be fine.

The scope up the pee hole was nohwere near as bad as I expected, I drove home myself no prob. In fact, I would say it was about as painfull as getting a shot. No problem at all. Actually, the worst part was probably cleaning all the iodine off myself.

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
How is your prostate?
Have you ever used Tamoxifen.
I just learned that it is not a good news for a prostate, liver and few other.
Article written by a guy who invented DC.

------------http://www.mesomorphosis.com/articles/potratz/pct-protocols.htm

Look for words;
of the long-term tamoxifen therapy case studies were identical to those seen in the early animal studies showing tamoxifen to be a potent hepatotoxin.28-34 Although the effects took much longer to manifest, it became obvious that tamoxifen was toxic to the human liver.

Another well known risk of tamoxifen therapy is the increased risk of developing endometrial cancer
-----
and keep on reading.....

There are two sphincers, one before the other after prostate.
Ive never touched tamoxifen. In fact, this run with uroxatrol will be the first time I have ever been on a prescription drug since a 2 week stint of antibiotics that was nearly a decade ago. I usually turn down meds/antibiotics and just man up, but had no choice I had a nasty case of califlower ear that got infected and had to get cauterized, and I knew I had to get strong antibiotics.

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
If your wanky stops working what the dht drop possible :)
I don't think uroxatrol inhibits DHT directly. It might slightly in the prostate gland. Same with Saw Palmetto. Not much of a reduction in DHT, just in the 5alpha mechanisms that control FT to DHT conversion within the prostate gland.

I am getting my DHT results this week FYI. I have a 10 - 1 bet with anybody that says they are sky high. Bad acne as a teen, still get acne on chest/shoulders, extremely oily skin, VERY early male pattern baldness(started shaving head in highschool, love it, scew propecia :head: ), so any little reduction in DHT will be welcome. In fact, given excessive DHT can inhibit T production, It will be a welcome reduction, if any.

Just picked up some pregnenolone cream - got it here - Natural Pain Relief For Arthritis, Ecologically Sound Health Products, Organic Pain Solutions No script needed :thumbsup:

Want to see Dr John, Im not totally sure what he can do for me given my numbers. I need GH, hopefully with insurance it won't be to pricey, won't know until that day comes. Hopefully he can direct me in the right way to control E2 - 43. Im hesitant to take a script AI, even if I can get it without one, unless Im under his care. Getting a script for Preg cream will be cool too. Aside from that, not sure what else, guess I will find out.

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Pregnenolone sold out, Im SOL.

Dr John here we come :dance:

cpeil2

Awards
  • Established
I don't think uroxatrol inhibits DHT directly. It might slightly in the prostate gland

I doubt whether it inhibits DHT at all. It is an alpha-1 blocker - smooth muscle relaxer. The prostate is covered with smooth muscle and the bladder and bladder neck are also smooth muscle.

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I doubt whether it inhibits DHT at all. It is an alpha-1 blocker - smooth muscle relaxer. The prostate is covered with smooth muscle and the bladder and bladder neck are also smooth muscle.
Yep, thats what I was thinking as well. The muscle that is at the top of the bladder neck right at the opening of the bladder is the one that I have that is VERY tightened. Never even new I had an issue until the DR pointed it out. But then again, I pee very frequently. I can remember at parties and such in college years ago and friends telling me I run off to the bathroom more frequently than girls do:lol: So its probably been an issue I never even knew/thought about that I have always had for awile.

It only took like two or three days before I completely got used to uroxatrol, doesn't make me dizzy anymore. Im on day 5 of uroxatrol + Saw Palmetto. Nothing different in improvements, but I will let everyone know how it all goes.

cpeil2

Awards
  • Established
Yep, thats what I was thinking as well. The muscle that is at the top of the bladder neck right at the opening of the bladder is the one that I have that is VERY tightened. Never even new I had an issue until the DR pointed it out. But then again, I pee very frequently. I can remember at parties and such in college years ago and friends telling me I run off to the bathroom more frequently than girls do:lol: So its probably been an issue I never even knew/thought about that I have always had for awile.

It only took like two or three days before I completely got used to uroxatrol, doesn't make me dizzy anymore. Im on day 5 of uroxatrol + Saw Palmetto. Nothing different in improvements, but I will let everyone know how it all goes.

I did a trial of an alpha-1 inhibitor for similar problem-frequency, hesitation, ultrasound showed incomplete emptying of the bladder - all that stuff. At the same time, low PSA, small firm prostate. Uro thought it was either a stricture or an overactive bladder.

I couldn't stand that alpha-1 inibitor. I promised myself I would give it a 30-day trial, and gave up after three weeks.

I have to stay mentally sharp because my work involves sustained intellectual effort. The drug dumbed me down so much that I had difficulty working.

Actually, the urinary symptoms come and go - sometimes they are pretty aggravating, other times they aren't much of a problem.

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I did a trial of an alpha-1 inhibitor for similar problem-frequency, hesitation, ultrasound showed incomplete emptying of the bladder - all that stuff. At the same time, low PSA, small firm prostate. Uro thought it was either a stricture or an overactive bladder.

I couldn't stand that alpha-1 inibitor. I promised myself I would give it a 30-day trial, and gave up after three weeks.

I have to stay mentally sharp because my work involves sustained intellectual effort. The drug dumbed me down so much that I had difficulty working.

Actually, the urinary symptoms come and go - sometimes they are pretty aggravating, other times they aren't much of a problem.
I haven't had any sides from it yet, other than made me dizzy the first day or so. Im good to go now. Im going to stick with it, DR orders :) Im a good patient. :afro: Im on it for three months. Im assuming that it will probably work, DR says it works wonders in his much older and less healthy patients, so I should be ideal. I would think that after the 3 months are up, I should be able to taper off dosage and evevtually be weaned off. Saw Palmetto is something I might have to take permanently, which Im totally fine with.

What drug were you on for urinary issues?

cpeil2

Awards
  • Established
I haven't had any sides from it yet, other than made me dizzy the first day or so. Im good to go now. Im going to stick with it, DR orders :) Im a good patient. :afro: Im on it for three months. Im assuming that it will probably work, DR says it works wonders in his much older and less healthy patients, so I should be ideal. I would think that after the 3 months are up, I should be able to taper off dosage and evevtually be weaned off. Saw Palmetto is something I might have to take permanently, which Im totally fine with.

What drug were you on for urinary issues?

Terazosin (HYTRIN).

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Terazosin (HYTRIN).
I think uroxatrol is a newer improved version, it doesn't seem to have as long of a list of sides. I feel fine so far, maybe a smidget bit fatigued at times. Its only 90 days, I can tuff it out.

cpeil2

Awards
  • Established
I think uroxatrol is a newer improved version, it doesn't seem to have as long of a list of sides. I feel fine so far, maybe a smidget bit fatigued at times. Its only 90 days, I can tuff it out.

Yes, terazosin has been around a long time. Uroxatrol (FLOMAX) is a newer generation drug. Some who have taken both like the uroxatrol better. Others say that both drugs are equally obnoxious.

I already take more prescription drugs than I ever imagined I would ever need to take, so whenever a doc offers something that is essentially only for symptom relief, I tend to blow it off.

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Yes, terazosin has been around a long time. Uroxatrol (FLOMAX) is a newer generation drug. Some who have taken both like the uroxatrol better. Others say that both drugs are equally obnoxious.

I already take more prescription drugs than I ever imagined I would ever need to take, so whenever a doc offers something that is essentially only for symptom relief, I tend to blow it off.
Oh do tell, what they got you on?

I feel like were in jail and asking eachother what were doin time for! :duel:

I hope this a permanent fix - this dam uroxatrol is EXPENSIVE. 95 bucks for a 90 day supply. Thank god my insurance deductable is tax deductable :head:

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
http://www.naturalhealthsolution.com/hormonebalance.htm

DIM promotes the healthful breakdown of estrogens. It simultaneously decreases levels of unhealthful estrogen breakdown products. What does this mean for cancerous changes? Some of the healthful estrogen breakdown products include: 2-Hydroxy Estradiol, 2-Hydroxy Estrone, 2-Methoxy-estradiol and 2-Methoxy-estrone. These "good estrogens" prevent and attack cancerous cell formation in several different ways.14-18 The anti-cancer properties of these "good estrogens" are so varied, and work in so many different ways that some studies actually link them with decreased risks for other cancers such as lung, stomach, colon and rectal cancers.19-20 This is in addition to the widely confirmed studies that show its direct affect on decreasing the estrogen related cancers in breast, prostate and uterine tissues. In the prostate, the "good estrogens" lead to decreased Sex Hormone Binding Globulin (SHBG) activity. When this happens, prostate cell growth, PSA levels, and cellular estrogen and testosterone levels all normalize. Regulated activity of SHBG also prevents a certain phase of cell division. This support at a cellular level prevents the over growth of prostate cells. Conversely, the unhealthful breakdown products include: 16-alpha Hydroxy Estrone, 4-Hydroxy Estrone and 2-Methoxy-estriol. Unfortunately, the first two of the "bad estrogens" listed are actually considered to be "carcinogenic" or cancer promoting substances. The last of the "bad estrogens" listed merely interrupts the body's natural timing for normal cell death, allowing cells to grow out of control. Uncontrolled cell growth is called "cancer." An increase in levels of these "bad estrogens" is associated with an increased risk for breast, prostate and uterine cancer. DIM decreases levels of "bad estrogens" and promotes higher levels of "good estrogens" through its ability to encourage the healthful breakdown of estrogen.21-26

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
http://www.naturalhealthsolution.com/hormonebalance.htm

DIM promotes the healthful breakdown of estrogens. It simultaneously decreases levels of unhealthful estrogen breakdown products. What does this mean for cancerous changes? Some of the healthful estrogen breakdown products include: 2-Hydroxy Estradiol, 2-Hydroxy Estrone, 2-Methoxy-estradiol and 2-Methoxy-estrone. These "good estrogens" prevent and attack cancerous cell formation in several different ways.14-18 The anti-cancer properties of these "good estrogens" are so varied, and work in so many different ways that some studies actually link them with decreased risks for other cancers such as lung, stomach, colon and rectal cancers.19-20 This is in addition to the widely confirmed studies that show its direct affect on decreasing the estrogen related cancers in breast, prostate and uterine tissues. In the prostate, the "good estrogens" lead to decreased Sex Hormone Binding Globulin (SHBG) activity. When this happens, prostate cell growth, PSA levels, and cellular estrogen and testosterone levels all normalize. Regulated activity of SHBG also prevents a certain phase of cell division. This support at a cellular level prevents the over growth of prostate cells. Conversely, the unhealthful breakdown products include: 16-alpha Hydroxy Estrone, 4-Hydroxy Estrone and 2-Methoxy-estriol. Unfortunately, the first two of the "bad estrogens" listed are actually considered to be "carcinogenic" or cancer promoting substances. The last of the "bad estrogens" listed merely interrupts the body's natural timing for normal cell death, allowing cells to grow out of control. Uncontrolled cell growth is called "cancer." An increase in levels of these "bad estrogens" is associated with an increased risk for breast, prostate and uterine cancer. DIM decreases levels of "bad estrogens" and promotes higher levels of "good estrogens" through its ability to encourage the healthful breakdown of estrogen.21-26

I believe this is what is happening something caused a metabolic shift in good to bad estrogens and why my shbg has been increasing ..Possbile due to lack of fish oils..

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Thats nails, Im also using DIM as well to, from ultimatemedresearch as well.

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Dam my urologist is cool - I stopped at the pharmacy yesterday to pick up the script - and uroxatrol was 95 bucks for a 30 DAY supply. I was like NO WAY I am paying for that.

So I go see him and talk to his nurse and give her my best Im a broke brooding college kid spiel and smile and presto she cleans out all the free samples and hooks me up with a 90 day supply, free. And then says when I need refills dont be shy ;)

Guess it never hurts to ask :)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
CopyCat General Chat 12
Anabolics 13