• First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Jack.jpeg

This stuff is awesome !!

D3x

D3x

Awards
  • Established
I would've taken a pic of my breakfast steak but I ate it already.. visiting my mom so I grilled for 3/4 of the meals I've had so far.. her bf has a jaacard bladed meat tenderizer.. it's a godsend.. I saw a sous vide thing at Walmart yesterday.. anyone care to elaborate on it for me?.. looks cool

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I would've taken a pic of my breakfast steak but I ate it already.. visiting my mom so I grilled for 3/4 of the meals I've had so far.. her bf has a jaacard bladed meat tenderizer.. it's a godsend.. I saw a sous vide thing at Walmart yesterday.. anyone care to elaborate on it for me?.. looks cool
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to navigationJump to search

Sous-vide cooking
Sous-vide (/suːˈviːd/; French for "under vacuum")[1] is a method of cooking in which food is placed in a plastic pouch or a glass jar and then placed in a water bath or steam environment for longer than normal cooking times (usually 1 to 7 hours, up to 48 or more in some cases) at an accurately regulated temperature. The temperature is much lower than normally used for cooking, typically around 55 to 60 °C (131 to 140 °F) for meat, higher for vegetables. The intent is to cook the item evenly, ensuring that the inside is properly cooked without overcooking the outside, and to retain moisture

D3x

D3x

Awards
  • Established
I was meaning more of insight into personal use.. like what does it let you do that you couldn't without it?

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I was meaning more of insight into personal use.. like what does it let you do that you couldn't without it?
I Believe the highlight is you can program it and leave it alone.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I have one and basically you’ll not make meat or fish as juicy and perfectly cooked in any other way (because you set the exact temperature at which whatever your cooking is perfectly cooked and it’ll slowly take the whole portion to that point and no further)... also as you can vacuum pack it with whatever seasoning/flavours you want you’ll find it’s really tasty.

It’s also amazing for food prep as you can cook it, cool it still in the bag and then store in the fridge still vacuum packed until it’s time to eat.

D3x

D3x

Awards
  • Established
I have one and basically you’ll not make meat or fish as juicy and perfectly cooked in any other way (because you set the exact temperature at which whatever your cooking is perfectly cooked and it’ll slowly take the whole portion to that point and no further)... also as you can vacuum pack it with whatever seasoning/flavours you want you’ll find it’s really tasty.

It’s also amazing for food prep as you can cook it, cool it still in the bag and then store in the fridge still vacuum packed until it’s time to eat.
Do need to have a food saver then?

D3x

D3x

Awards
  • Established
Hmm.. I may need to look into different vacuum sealing systems see what's the cheapest but still quality.. how long does the food keep after cooked if it's still sealed?

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Hmm.. I may need to look into different vacuum sealing systems see what's the cheapest but still quality.. how long does the food keep after cooked if it's still sealed?
Up to two weeks but its really important to cool things as quick as possible, i.e. in an ice bath.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Up to two weeks but its really important to cool things as quick as possible, i.e. in an ice bath.
Yep, this ^^^^, I have a refreezable ice thing I just put in a bowl of water with the cooked packets.....

kjkitzman

kjkitzman

Awards
  • Established
These were sent to be from ZenEvo - the pretzel cups are AMAZING. Add to oats or just eat separately - macros are great.

I don't think I would buy the dark chocolate energy just for the caffeine part but the chocolate was good (150mg in each chocolate piece)

IMG_4798.jpg

IMG_4800.jpg

IMG_4802.jpg

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
New diet starts today, so I got some meal prep done starting last night. Sous vide some chuck roasts at 143 degrees for 3 hours or so. Got 2more going right now.

After cooling down:

Then a quick sear in a cast iron pan:

Time to cut into it:

Now time to cut it up and portion it:

Lunch today

Lunch and dinner tomorrow. 1lb beef cooked, 2cups quinoa, and 1.5c mixed roasted veggies split between the two meals.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
New diet starts today, so I got some meal prep done starting last night. Sous vide some chuck roasts at 143 degrees for 3 hours or so. Got 2more going right now.

After cooling down:

Then a quick sear in a cast iron pan:

Time to cut into it:

Now time to cut it up and portion it:

Lunch today

Lunch and dinner tomorrow. 1lb beef cooked, 2cups quinoa, and 1.5c mixed roasted veggies split between the two meals.
Hell yes bro, that’s my kinda cooking right there - nice man

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Looks done to perfection !!

kjkitzman

kjkitzman

Awards
  • Established
that looks amazing! Anyone use an instapot before?

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
My wife uses it all the time, most of our meals are from the Grille, Air Fryer or the Insta Pot !!

BloodManor

BloodManor

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Tonight’s dinner and tomorrow’s lunch

73B94D7B-772B-4BAE-A553-28CB77B1A523.jpeg

CDD79BC4-CA93-4B72-99F2-7FDE6D8EC309.jpeg

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I grille everything I can. Love grilled vegetables !!

D3x

D3x

Awards
  • Established
Downside of the George Foreman is how quickly the food dries out after cooking it.. makes it hard to eat a steak cuz of how dry it gets after it's chilled.. any tips on what I could do to help?.. bringing lunch to work and it could be better..

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Downside of the George Foreman is how quickly the food dries out after cooking it.. makes it hard to eat a steak cuz of how dry it gets after it's chilled.. any tips on what I could do to help?.. bringing lunch to work and it could be better..
I used to meal prep with a foreman and i hated that thing. Chicken would be burnt but still raw. And stuff would be dry. My advice would be find a different cooking method that doesnt involve that thing.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

kjkitzman An Instapot makes the easiest to peel Hard Boil Eggs you have ever had !!

D3x

D3x

Awards
  • Established
I used to meal prep with a foreman and i hated that thing. Chicken would be burnt but still raw. And stuff would be dry. My advice would be find a different cooking method that doesnt involve that thing.
It just seems to cook everything to well.. which isnt ideal but at least it isn't raw.. cutting my pork chops to 1.5-2" solved the over cooking issues the steaks I cut thick also but it still does them a little more cooked than I prefer.. it serves my purposes pretty well for now..

im thinking of starting to do sous vide cooking, but I need to save up some money for a food saver and the sous vide apparatus itself now that I'm stock up on supps

doogans

doogans

Awards
  • Established
Treated myself this weeekend to a BBQ chicken bowl over rice and kale at a local pub. The macros fit mu daily allowance quite nicely. Sadly I have been unable to recreate this at home.
IMG_20180721_194846_187.jpeg

kjkitzman

kjkitzman

Awards
  • Established
doogans that looks heavenly!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
We have zucchini noodles coming out our ears, the garden is doing well this year!!

D3x

D3x

Awards
  • Established
My work got a sample of lentil penne noodles in and they tasted vaguely of buttery cheese puffs.. 28g per serving of the noods.. pretty stoked he said I buy a 5lb bag of them when he hears back from the supplier.. super protein packed Alfredo will be awesome

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Sounds Good!

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
IMG_0789.JPG

2 of the greatest things Gods ever blessed me with!!! Beyond grateful to have someone spoil me with food!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
They are both beautiful !!!

D3x

D3x

Awards
  • Established
Got me some Kodiak cakes from Costco and was surprised how good they were.. could you add like half protein powder instead of milk and an egg or does it just get all rubbery?.. also brought home some Bambi breakfast sausage from my brothers last weekend and I fried it up and ate like half of it.. so good, but so much protein too:) venison is the best:)

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Got me some Kodiak cakes from Costco and was surprised how good they were.. could you add like half protein powder instead of milk and an egg or does it just get all rubbery?.. also brought home some Bambi breakfast sausage from my brothers last weekend and I fried it up and ate like half of it.. so good, but so much protein too:) venison is the best:)
I always add protein to my pancakes !!

kjkitzman

kjkitzman

Awards
  • Established
Got to share my night with the girls food!

Loaded Grilled Chicken Nachos + Deep Fried Cheese Curds
IMG_6715.JPG

Crispy Buttermilk Chicken Melt
IMG_6718.jpg

WarcraftJJS

WarcraftJJS

Awards
  • Established
Didn't see anyone answered your question. Try not cooking to a full cooked degree (the beef). If you like your steak med. try to get it to medium rare. Then cook it up in the microwave later. Will take some testing but you should find the "right" cooked temp you like.

Chicken is a little more difficult to cook on a Foreman Gill and not have dry out, when you reheat. Almost feel like a pan cooked chicken keeps it juiciness more, when reheated later.

Hope that helps.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
The Nacho's look really good !!

kjkitzman

kjkitzman

Awards
  • Established
BOSSMAN pretty good macros for a beef/elk stick!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Love them Dried Elk Snacks

D3x

D3x

Awards
  • Established
Made some pancakes with protein added.. it thinned the mix more than I anticipated so I would up with huge flapjacks lol.. I made about 3-4 servings.. each venison/pork 85/15 sausage patty is about 4-6oz.:)
IMG_20180731_110101766.jpeg
Screenshot_20180731-110332.jpeg

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Im gonna uave to try this with the pancakes!