Please recommend me a workout program for max fat loss.

mefy

Awards
Hello AM community!

I have finally built my home gym in my garage! I haven't worked out decently in almost a year, I got surgery on my hand about 8 months ago and was unable to do anything physical for about 4 months following the surgery, but during that time I slipped into a mild depression and developed bad eating habits and with a lack of exercise, put on about 30 pounds in those 8 months that I was inactive.
It is finally time to change all of that though! I will post a comprehensive list with all of my equipment, diet, and supplements in hopes that someone could recommend an excellent workout routine to help me focus on fat burning, "cutting" is the correct term I think? Im not looking to get super bulked at all.
Anyways, here are my current stats:

height:5'10
weight:200lbs

Here is current picture oi44.tinypic.com/2mpy6wl.jpg

Surprisingly, i used to weigh 170 about 9 months ago and could easily do 20 pullups. Im surprised that I can still manage to do 5-7 at a time. I do have a fair bit of muscle under the fat... but dont be fooled. I have about 30 lbs of fat that needs to disappear!

Here are some pictures of the various equipment that I have in my home gym:
Valor BD-7 Power Rack w/ Lat Pull:
oi40.tinypic.com/igkpdl.jpg
oi44.tinypic.com/2r47hnr.jpg
I am glad to finally have this squat rack, because I don't have a workout partner and now I can finally max out on bench presses without having to worry about crushing myself due to the safety pins on the squat rack! Also in the pics you can see my olympic bar which came with ~300lbs of weight. Squat rack supports 500 lbs! Lat pulldown looks legit as well.

Industrial Pullup Bar:
oi41.tinypic.com/2yu0bk4.jpg
I got tired of doing half-assed pullups on the old doorframe pullup bar, so I drilled this on my ceiling so that I can do virtually any pullup exercise.

Prowler:
oi40.tinypic.com/bhkqw7.jpg
This thing is a beast! Doing a 20 second sprint with this, without any weights leaves me out of breath! If i do that 3-4 times I will be winded pretty hardcore and borderline wanting to puke! definitely kicks my butt.

Misc. Items:
oi39.tinypic.com/ok8p6s.jpg
includes: decline bench w/ medicine ball for ab workouts. Ab wheel for more abs. Solo and duo free weight bars for arm exercises. Old doorframe pullup bar to do pushups on.

I consume around 1800-2000 calories a day, and here is a rough breakdown of what my daily means incorporate:
Breakfast - Super Smoothie
1 scoop Whey Isolate Protein(25g protein)
1 scoop frozen blueberries
1 scoop frozen strawberries
1 scoop mixed frozen berries
1 cup unsweetened almond milk
1 handful lettuce/mixed greens
1 handful baby spinach
1 tbsp Spirulina PowdeR(nasty but good for you!)
2 tbsp Chia Seeds
2 tbsp Cayenne Pepper Powder(100,000 heat units)
Ginger
1 handful almonds
1 small handful walnuts
1 tbsp Coconut Oil

Lunch - Tuna Salsa(1 can tuna, 1 cup salsa, 1 onion, 1 tomato, garlic, cayenne pepper, 1 avocado, half cup quinoa). This mixture usually lasts me about 2 days. For lunch I usually get 2 small white corn tortillas and put some form of meat(chicken breast, lean ground beef, 1 slice of bacon) and then add a scoop or two of the Salsa mix in them.

Dinner - Greens & Meat
I usually steam Asparagus, Brussel Sprouts, Broccoli, Green Beans, Baby Corn, Bok Choy and eat them with 1 boneless chicken breast. Maybe a little quinoa, but I try to avoid hard carbohydrates for dinner. I read somewhere that it isn't good. Not sure if it's accurate or not.

I will also be taking 1-2 protein shakes in between these meals, I only use unflavored whey isolate, here are the ingredient facts:
nutrabio.com/images/labels/thumbs/wpi_unflavored.gif

I usually put 2 tbsp of Chia Seeds mixed into the protein powder and water.

I take quite a few supplements daily, and here is the list of them:
Vitamin D3 - 2000IUx3 daily
Fish Oil - 4 softgels daily
Magnesium Citrate - 600mg daily
LifeForce Multiple - 4 pills daily
Green Tea Extract - 1600mg daily
Zinc - 1 pill daily
N-Acetyl-Carnitine - 1800mg daily
ALCAR - 1500mg daily
Ascorbic Acid - 3g daily
Niacin - 250mg daily
Alpha GPC - 900mg daily
Oxy Elite Pro(original version) - 3 pills daily
I will also be taking 5mg of Yohimbine daily, but need to wait for my .0001 scale to come in so that I can weigh the bulk powder properly.

I am pretty focused and disciplined on my diet and supplements, but I am just clueless when it comes to working out. I definitely have more than enough equipment... but I just don't know where to start! I watch so many videos on youtube and read so many threads, but there's so much information and a lot of it seems so disagree with each other. After watching video after video and thread after thread with someone claiming to know the best method for maximum lean/fat burn results... I just don't know who to listen to!! I am pretty convinced that HIIT is the way to go for fat burn because of the afterburn effect.... is that true? Then people always talk about the inevitable plateau... how do I combat this? Is there a routine that avoids the plateau?
I will gladly do a 90 day log on this forum if someone will help me out with an exercise plan that is clear and solid. I just feel that I don't know where/how to start. Thank you in advance for all your help! If you need any additional information, please ask and I will edit my post! I am finally ready to commit long term to this, so any help on the exercise side would be much appreciated. Thank you so much!

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
It's really all about nutrition and some extra conditioning work. I would suggest something like DeFranco's take on west side training, plus a few extra sessions of prowler work per week. Work on getting stronger and in better shape, and if you're eating the right quantity and quality of foods, and slightly below baseline, you will lean out.