Please help with strain recovery tips!!

sureshot!

sureshot!

Awards
Hi guys,

While doing push presses, I feel like I either pinched a nerve behind my shoulder blades or strain the lower part of my trap. Looking to the left and sometimes even straight ahead aggravates it.

I don't stretch before training, I just do a few warmup sets with light weight, but stretch afterwards.

I stopped training pretty soon thereafter and took a long hot shower, and now i have a cold pack on the area.

How can I recover from this? I need the gym to get all my pissed off daily life frustrations out!!!

thanks bros
:drillsergeant::drillsergeant::drillsergeant:

HATEFULone

HATEFULone

Awards
  • Established
Rest, ice, moderate stretching, nsaids, and a foam roller will help. Give it a few days, don't do anything that aggravates it and ease back into your workouts.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Rest, ice, moderate stretching, nsaids, and a foam roller will help. Give it a few days, don't do anything that aggravates it and ease back into your workouts.
I'd also add in rotator cuff work to this. It could easily be a strain of the subscapularis.

sureshot!

sureshot!

Awards
I'd also add in rotator cuff work to this. It could easily be a strain of the subscapularis.
Thanks for the replies guys.

I gave up doing heavy weighted dips a long time ago because of rotator cuff tenderness, and stopped going behind the neck with presses also. A couple years ago I added in the DC rotator-cuff stretch where you hold a broomhandle in front of you and rotate it over your head and to your back. This is the first time I've had any back/shoulder strain

Had a ****ty time sleeping last night, wish i could bring a cold pack to university, heh.

lonewolf0420

lonewolf0420

Awards
  • Established
Good advice.