Pistol gets shredded 2015

pistol345

pistol345

Awards
  • Established
I'd have to say i spent about 5 months cutting, but I didn't really dial in my diet until about 2 months ago. Even then I still did some partying so I never locked down fully.
But I believe I went from 203 to 175 lbs. I went from 15-16% bf to 7-8%. I just calipered at 6.95 but I'm not sure how accurate that is. Maybe you guys can determine it better than I can but I'm pretty sure I'm under 9. Pretty happy with the way it turned out

JXiiXViii

JXiiXViii

Awards
  • Established
I'd have to say i spent about 5 months cutting, but I didn't really dial in my diet until about 2 months ago. Even then I still did some partying so I never locked down fully.
But I believe I went from 203 to 175 lbs. I went from 15-16% bf to 7-8%. I just calipered at 6.95 but I'm not sure how accurate that is. Maybe you guys can determine it better than I can but I'm pretty sure I'm under 9. Pretty happy with the way it turned out
Did it get pretty mind-numbing after a while? 5 months is a good amount of time.

I started my cut toward the end of January this year and I feel like I'm still not even close to where I want to be, even though I'm down about 20 pounds.

The physical part sucks, but I almost feel like it's tougher mentally.

I'm the type that loves the heavy weight/low rep style of training and hitting PRs every few weeks (like in the 5/3/1 program), so I really miss that part of training.

My bench has went from 340ish to maybe 305. Luckily everything else has stayed close to the same (I always lose my bench strength and nothing else for some reason)

I told myself I won't go back to a mass/strength phase until I'm super cut this time though, because in the past I always said screw it and went back to bulking again, so I never got to crazy lean levels.

I just ordered some albuterol though because I really need to get this sh*t over with and I'm tired of the slow and steady approach haha

M.I.D

M.I.D

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Good Work. No IMO you need to go on a slow lean bulk over winter to build up more muscle

pistol345

pistol345

Awards
  • Established
Did it get pretty mind-numbing after a while? 5 months is a good amount of time.

I started my cut toward the end of January this year and I feel like I'm still not even close to where I want to be, even though I'm down about 20 pounds.

The physical part sucks, but I almost feel like it's tougher mentally.

I'm the type that loves the heavy weight/low rep style of training and hitting PRs every few weeks (like in the 5/3/1 program), so I really miss that part of training.

My bench has went from 340ish to maybe 305. Luckily everything else has stayed close to the same (I always lose my bench strength and nothing else for some reason)

I told myself I won't go back to a mass/strength phase until I'm super cut this time though, because in the past I always said screw it and went back to bulking again, so I never got to crazy lean levels.

I just ordered some albuterol though because I really need to get this sh*t over with and I'm tired of the slow and steady approach haha

Well the good news is you're still strong as hell. Haha. The most I could ever bench was prolly 245 on h drol.

Yes, the cutting did start to get old after a while. You're like the exact opposite of me. I always bail on my bulk and cut again. Haha. I can't stand feeling fat.

Well 20 lbs is still a lot. Congrats. Have you started a cutting log? I'd like to take a look at your training/ diet just to see if there are some areas you can improve. I find just writing my thoughts down on here helps me find my own weaknesses.

saggy321

Awards
  • Established
Awesome work sir! Very impressive. Now u just need to add muscle without adding fat :)

JXiiXViii

JXiiXViii

Awards
  • Established
Well the good news is you're still strong as hell. Haha. The most I could ever bench was prolly 245 on h drol.

Yes, the cutting did start to get old after a while. You're like the exact opposite of me. I always bail on my bulk and cut again. Haha. I can't stand feeling fat.

Well 20 lbs is still a lot. Congrats. Have you started a cutting log? I'd like to take a look at your training/ diet just to see if there are some areas you can improve. I find just writing my thoughts down on here helps me find my own weaknesses.
Bench has always been my strong movement. Maybe that's part of why I lose it so quickly is because it's not proportional to the rest of my strength, so my body views it as expendable? No clue if that's physiologically possible or not, but it would make sense.

And yeah 20 lbs is a solid amount. I guess I just thought that 20 pounds would get me to where I wanted to be, but I'd estimate I need to lose 10-15 more and get to around 180 to look how I want.

I was gonna do a log when I first started, but I knew I'd get busy and forget to update it so I never bothered.

Maybe I will try it though to keep myself accountable.

I've recently switched some things up with my diet and added some more fasted conditioning work to help speed things along.

That and the albuterol/beta blocker combo should hopefully do the trick.

pistol345

pistol345

Awards
  • Established
Bench has always been my strong movement. Maybe that's part of why I lose it so quickly is because it's not proportional to the rest of my strength, so my body views it as expendable? No clue if that's physiologically possible or not, but it would make sense.

And yeah 20 lbs is a solid amount. I guess I just thought that 20 pounds would get me to where I wanted to be, but I'd estimate I need to lose 10-15 more and get to around 180 to look how I want.

I was gonna do a log when I first started, but I knew I'd get busy and forget to update it so I never bothered.

I've recently switched some things up with my diet and added some more fasted conditioning work to help speed things along.

Well send me a link if you do

saggy321

Awards
  • Established

I'm in the same place sort of. Been cutting slowly since Feb. Still not there but almost...prob another 4 or 5lbs. Whats helped recently is I've trying to train up to run 10k, running three to four times a week. The weights has helped keep the muscle but the level of leaness has increased massively. Of course I'm also on oxymax XT, alpha t2 and eliministane.

JXiiXViii

JXiiXViii

Awards
  • Established
I'm in the same place sort of. Been cutting slowly since Feb. Still not there but almost...prob another 4 or 5lbs. Whats helped recently is I've trying to train up to run 10k, running three to four times a week. The weights has helped keep the muscle but the level of leaness has increased massively. Of course I'm also on oxymax XT, alpha t2 and eliministane.
Yeah I recently added in fasted intervals first thing in the morning around 3x a week after taking my caffeine, EGCG, and Target A2, and that does seem to be helping.

Weights I'm still hitting 4x a week. I switched it up and am trying to go with higher reps and low rest periods to really deplete glycogen stores.

I'll focus on strength for my big movements and then finish it up with all high rep work.

Other that that, I do incline walking a few times a week on days where I need to recover from the hard training but don't want to just sit around and do nothing.

saggy321

Awards
  • Established
Yeah I recently added in fasted intervals first thing in the morning around 3x a week after taking my caffeine, EGCG, and Target A2, and that does seem to be helping.

Weights I'm still hitting 4x a week. I switched it up and am trying to go with higher reps and low rest periods to really deplete glycogen stores.

I'll focus on strength for my big movements and then finish it up with all high rep work.

Other that that, I do incline walking a few times a week on days where I need to recover from the hard training but don't want to just sit around and do nothing.
Sounds good man. One thing I really hate is realising u have way more fat than u thought u did. I'm thinking a few more pounds but when I get there need to drop a few more!

JXiiXViii

JXiiXViii

Awards
  • Established
Sounds good man. One thing I really hate is realising u have way more fat than u thought u did. I'm thinking a few more pounds but when I get there need to drop a few more!
Haha I know, right?!

Worst feeling ever.

I think the problem is when you start bulking and you're already fairly lean, you can easily put on fat without even noticing you're getting fat since it spreads evenly across your body. By the time you look in the mirror and say "yep, I'm fat", you're screwed.

So then the same thing happens when you lose the fat. Assuming you lose it evenly, you're looking in the mirror day after day and not noticing any results because it's slowly coming off all areas at once.

Then one day you wake up and it's noticeable.

Again, this is assuming even fat patterns, which I know everyone doesn't have.

I feel like I'm just about to the point where I'm looking leaner, so I'm hoping another 4-6 weeks or so and I'll be done.

saggy321

Awards
  • Established
Haha I know, right?!

Worst feeling ever.

I think the problem is when you start bulking and you're already fairly lean, you can easily put on fat without even noticing you're getting fat since it spreads evenly across your body. By the time you look in the mirror and say "yep, I'm fat", you're screwed.

So then the same thing happens when you lose the fat. Assuming you lose it evenly, you're looking in the mirror day after day and not noticing any results because it's slowly coming off all areas at once.

Then one day you wake up and it's noticeable.

Again, this is assuming even fat patterns, which I know everyone doesn't have.

I feel like I'm just about to the point where I'm looking leaner, so I'm hoping another 4-6 weeks or so and I'll be done.
Same here man....well I hope!