Pink magic

cdsfx

Awards
While you are quite right about adderall's ability to reduce "reward system" hunger, you are replacing food with a stimulus of far greater magnitude in both total and rate of dopamine release in the VTA-> Nuc Accumbens. So what happens when it's time to go off adderall? They turn to an old friend: food. And now they need so much more of it to get "high."
Neuroplasticity means they have the ability to condition themselves to eat and behave a certain way. Its not ideal I'll give you that. But what I'm proposing is simply help getting started. Quite frankly being obese and having a poor diet is worse for you short and long term. Again Im not claiming its the perfect solution or solves the problem completely. At least without any work from the user to change their lifestyle and eating habits. Exercise has its own reward system within the brain and I think simply being healthier, and looking and feeling better. Will help their mental state immensely. So they wouldnt need to turn back to it. Those that have more complicated reasons for their "emotional eating" will obviously still have to cope and deal with those issues. All that said though Mr. Cooper the same argument you present can apply to supplements as well. I know that you are a big proponent of ALCAR. Which I know from experience (one of my staples) has an impact on appetite as well. So maybe thats the place to transit to when coming off adderall

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
Magnesium supposedly functions in a similar manner, though from personal experience it doesn't work all that well. Heard of people using high doses of DXM on a long-term basis for this purpose, but that scares the crap out of me. The nuerotoxicity coupled with the long-term use seems like a recipe to fry one's brain.
Certain Alzheimer's drugs are supposed to have a similar effect on amphetamine tolerance without the element of brain damage. Seems to me like that'd be the safest route to go if you actually wanted efectiveness (Magnesium is not very effective).
You're right, they used to use magnesium to block NMDA transmission to anesthetize animals, but when tried on humans they died shortly after waking or didn't wake at all due to toxicity. Magnesium regulates NMDA through voltage channels, but not directly at the receptors. It does compliment amps very well.

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
what about ketamine
Off the top of my head, yes ketamine's on the list... Some are partial antagonists, but the short list from memory is:
Agmatine
DXM
ketamine
ibogaine hcl and iboga root extract (both banned, but findable)

*pure NMDA in Intimidate has an effect that seems to act as a partial nmda antagonist, because with Testforce 2 I get amped up and nmda powder, I get sleepy and loopy if I have to wake to piss. It reminds me of Citicoline v. alpha gpc. Citicoline @ night = no, morning = yes. Alpha GPC morning = maybe, but many use at night and it's great in hGh blends. They both metabolize to acetylcholine, though Citicoline also breaks off into uridine as well, but they have different 'side benefits', persay.

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
If so I'd be interested to know which country. A lot of countries have scheduled amphetamines in what would be our equivelant to Schedule I status. Methylphenidate seems to be as far/ as strong as a lot of them will go. I believe Canada and Australia fall into that catergory, though it was quite a long time ago that I read this stuff so I may off a bit. I don't recall how they treat amphetamines in Europe.
Oddly enough, methylphenidate has actually been effective at reversing amphetamine tolerance. It's a quazi-paradox, in my opinion.

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I knew a guy that was into "Special-K" pretty heavy. He told me he would set an alarm or even an egg timer to help him "snap out of it" (his words) after a given period of time. That spooked me a bit and I decided then that I'd never try it.
I have read about it being theraputic for depressed individuals that were resistant to main line anti-depressants like SSRI's. MDMA has shown similar results as well.
Yeah, the dosage curve with even pure ketamine can be tricky, let alone garbage on the street floating around at times. There's a small window for an effective dose and then further up in dosage, walking the line between what's real and falling into a K-hole can be difficult to manage.

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
Oddly enough, methylphenidate has actually been effective at reversing amphetamine tolerance. It's a quazi-paradox, in my opinion.

methylphenidate is not nearly as clean as amphetamine

seemed somewhat more anxiety provoking if i recall. Its been like 15-20 years since i touched such stuff

cdsfx

Awards
I wasn't trying to come off as an a$$ and if I did my apologies. I did say the appetite suppression could last for a few days but the tolerance buildup tends to be rather fast. I base this on my experience, what I've seen in others firsthand and also testimonials I've read from other people (like at bluelight dot com). I agree everybody is different, but the same could be said for anything else we're talking about, like DMAA for example. I'm sure a very small amount could have one person jumping out of their skin while a dose 4x a standard serving size would barely phase the next person.
If Adderall is manufactured in tablets less than 5mg then it's news to me. Not saying you're wrong since you say you've taken that dose. That's just the first I've heard of it.
I may have been a little over sensitive in my response as well. I'm not outside the u.s.a the dose I had was 4 mg extended release and they were capsules. It has been 3 years so I suppose it is possible I'm mistaken about it. Regardless it was very small and did not provide a stim high it simply made me forget to eat. My roommate who has been on it for several years says he has the same problem. So while the appetite suppression may even out over time. I think its just as likely people get used to the reduced appetite until they come off and it comes back

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
ok so i missed the fun n games.
but notice no one mentioned this one point.

marketing was mentioned. but not the budget that goes behind it.

hey give me hundred thousand dollars to market something i'd make believers out of most.

i'd say compare the budgets allocated.

i tell you when you put a $ figure to things people start to wince.

you just can't question PA.

He made it all Clear.
Good point. I'm not targeting any company directly whatsoever, but if: Company A gets $50,000 and Company B gets $50,000, if Company A takes the money and puts plain arginine in capsules and spends $15 on Cap 'Em Quick and the $49,985 on a marketer and Company B builds the website him/herself, spends all the money on the r & d for the product and pays for a minimum batch at a cGMP facility... Company A would likely have a few more bucks than Company B.

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
methylphenidate is not nearly as clean as amphetamine

seemed somewhat more anxiety provoking if i recall. Its been like 15-20 years since i touched such stuff
Yeah, that's a good point. Maybe the d-methylphenidate isomer (Focalin trademark) will have the same effect on amp tolerance. Focalin is like Ritalin with a clearer mind and no peripheral sides.

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
I may have been a little over sensitive in my response as well. I'm not outside the u.s.a the dose I had was 4 mg extended release and they were capsules. It has been 3 years so I suppose it is possible I'm mistaken about it. Regardless it was very small and did not provide a stim high it simply made me forget to eat. My roommate who has been on it for several years says he has the same problem. So while the appetite suppression may even out over time. I think its just as likely people get used to the reduced appetite until they come off and it comes back
I hear you on that and I think that's great that the time-release spansules gave you all-day appetite suppression. That dose must be your sweet spot, which is difficult for many to find.

Ceredumbellum

Awards
If someone with ADHD taking Adderall were able to tolerate Ritalin or Focalin, then it would seem that staggering the two would be ideal. Two weeks Adderall/ two weeks Methylphenidate. I don't think this is widely practiced amongst physicians though. Some doctors will prescribe a time-released version with an immediate release "booster" to be taken once the initial IR dose wears off.

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
If someone with ADHD taking Adderall were able to tolerate Ritalin or Focalin, then it would seem that staggering the two would be ideal. Two weeks Adderall/ two weeks Methylphenidate. I don't think this is widely practiced amongst physicians though. Some doctors will prescribe a time-released version with an immediate release "booster" to be taken once the initial IR dose wears off.
I agree that it would be a great dosing scheme. Another recommendation I would make would be to try dosing 1 5mg Dexedrine XR (or Adderall XR) in the AM and then after about 4 hours dose the Focalin XR @ 10mg and while the Dexedrine curve is declining the Focalin XR instant release beads in the capsule will provide a boost and the extended release beads taper off into the evening while reversing most of the tolerance to the amphetamines.

Some supplements that would probably completely erradicate tolerance with this method (cheap too) would be to add NAC @ 600mg, 3x per day, pregnenolone spray or FOCUS by AF, and agmatine @ 500mg, 2x per day, and maybe consider adding your favorite choline source starting at a low dose and l-theanine, for it's effects on increasing DA, 5HT, and GABA and modulating nmda receptors. Magnesium sprayed on the feet (veins) 30 minutes before bed, then wiped off before going into bed works great for sleep too and would further regulate voltage channels.

Ceredumbellum

Awards
I don't know how many other Pink Magic threads are out there, but this one takes the f.u.c.k.ing cake! :yup:

Ceredumbellum

Awards
Do you believe in magic?
Well after this thread and the one about Craze I.... still don't. :FUfinger: That's for ineffective and/or adulterated dietary supplements! If you can't make something that works without spiking it then maybe it's time to find another line of work. I hear California and Florida are nice this time of year... and the oranges are delicious. :usa2:

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
Well after this thread and the one about Craze I.... still don't. :FUfinger: That's to ineffective and/or adulterated dietary supplements! If you can't make something that works without spiking it then maybe it's time to find another line of work. I hear California and Florida are nice this time of year... and the oranges are delicious. :usa2:
Florida and Cali are nice this time of year, for sure. Cali was nice and dry though.

lronFist

Banned
Awards
Heard of people using high doses of DXM on a long-term basis for this purpose, but that scares the crap out of me. The nuerotoxicity coupled with the long-term use seems like a recipe to fry one's brain.
DXM is the opposite of the neurotoxin.

Ceredumbellum

Awards
DXM is the opposite of the neurotoxin.
I've heard both sides with little evidence on either to back them up. I prefer to err on the side of caution when my brain is involved. Wish I had done the same with my HPTA when I was in my 20's. :lick:

Ceredumbellum

Awards
Florida and Cali are nice this time of year, for sure. Cali was nice and dry though.
Either is better than Cowtown, USA. (a.k.a. the Midwest). Furthest west I've been is Vegas. In the midst of my 12-week "Vegas cut" right now for a June trip. It's amazing what guys will put themselves through because of hot tail. God forbid I tossed some Pink Magic into my cocktail of supplements... :shock:

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
Either is better than Cowtown, USA. (a.k.a. the Midwest). Furthest west I've been is Vegas. In the midst of my 12-week "Vegas cut" right now for a June trip. It's amazing what guys will put themselves through because of hot tail. God forbid I tossed some Pink Magic into my cocktail of supplements... :shock:
Nice! Vegas-cut :D Lots to do in Vegas... How long are you staying and where are you planning on staying/going in Vegas?

lronFist

Banned
Awards
I've heard both sides with little evidence on either to back them up. I prefer to err on the side of caution when my brain is involved. Wish I had done the same with my HPTA when I was in my 20's. :lick:
Not that I would OD on DXM, since it is also an anti-Ach-ergic and would produce a weird dissociative high, but there is a plethora of evidence that it is an anti-neurotoxin. It is an NMDA antagonist and would therefore contribute to mitochondrial salvage by limiting intracellular ionic calcium concentrations. This is the mechanism behind memantine.

Ceredumbellum

Awards
Nice! Vegas-cut :D Lots to do in Vegas... How long are you staying and where are you planning on staying/going in Vegas?
Me and my buddies (at least the ones that are still single) go at least once a year. We're staying at Bellagio this time, but I've stayed almost everyplace between Imperial Palace and Wynn. We'll get there early afternoon on a Thursday and fly back to Kansas City Sunday evening. Two of my buddies are... how do you say it... gambling DEGENERATES, so they were more than happy to comp. us a few rooms. Third week of June is the target date right now.
My buddies like to sports bet but aside from playing a little poker, I usually lay at the pool all day to make up for the sleep I didn't get the night before. Then we all get back together come evening and go to various clubs. I'm hoping to check out some new ones this time around and also make it back to Tryst at Wynn... Still the nicest one in Vegas IMO.
Oh and 3 hours of shut eye is a lot for one night the way we like to roll out there. I'm 32 though and last year caught up with me pretty good... I was sick for over a week when I got back. Immune system just said, "F.u.c.k you!" and shut down on me. I might have to shoot for 4 or 5 hours a night this time, lol... Just can't do it as hard as I did in my 20's.

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
Not that I would OD on DXM, since it is also an anti-Ach-ergic and would produce a weird dissociative high, but there is a plethora of evidence that it is an anti-neurotoxin. It is an NMDA antagonist and would therefore contribute to mitochondrial salvage by limiting intracellular ionic calcium concentrations. This is the mechanism behind memantine.
IronFist, after common sense led me to research this and do my own in depth due diligence, DXM seems like it is one of the most potentially toxic dissaociatives and/or OTC treatments I've ever seen. You and I can dig up opinions from cyberspace that would propose logical arguments otherwise, but after reading medical literature and searching through forums, a fellow bluelighter summed it up more than well and should give you good insight if you were to have an open mind and actually read all the way through.
HISTORY OF DXM.

DXM was first patented with U.S, Patent 2,676,177.

In 1958 the FDA approved DXM as an anti-tussive (cough medicine), in response to the recreational use of codeine cough medicine at that time. There were several advantages of DXM over codeine. DXM was not physically addictive, and a normal dose did not cause any pleasant, "sedative-like" effects.

In 1960, DXM was marketed in the US as a DXM-only pill called Romilar. It was considered "safe cough medicine" compared to codeine. But soon, Romilar users discovered the abuse potential of DXM.

13 years later, Romilar was withdrawn from the shelves.

After Romilar's removal in 1973, it was assumed that DXM would be phased-out in favor of some newer compound less susceptible to abuse. As it turns out, this hypothetically 'newer and better' drug was never discovered. And so DXM and codeine remained the only cough-relievers available.

So, manufacturers re-released DXM in syrup which tasted disgusting. William White, (DXM FAQ) suggests that the reason people "forgot" about DXM's abuse potential was mainly due to the emergence of hallucinogenic studies, and the abundance of better drugs such as LSD and Magic Mushrooms (White, 1997).

The 1980s and early '90's saw very little DXM abuse as the War on Drugs was waged in the U.S. There was very little information around about abusing DXM until the internet took shape in the mid-90's, allowing people to dissiminate information together on various subjects. First, DXM information was spread on Usenet. As internet access increased, DXM became a star, and now there dedicated websites with compiled information that is more accurate, and includes scientific information about DXM. But, even after the dissemination of DXM 'knowledge', the medical community remained relatively unaware of the drug, until several deaths were attributed to DXM.

William White's comprehensive DXM FAQ details DXM's effects, chemistry and dangers as a how-to guide for the interested psychonaut. While he originally presented DXM as benign, White soon began receiving various reports from users who claimed long-term effects like changes in moods, personalities, and memory. After these disturbing reports, and after Dr. Olsney's discovery of DXM-induced brain lesions in rats, he changed his stance on DXM being 'harmless.'

The purpose of THIS compilation is to bring together the presently known and understood information from several fields of science and medicine into the layman arena where the DXM 'epidemic' first began--the internet. Now, DXM users, and potential users of DXM can become better educated on possible side effects, toxicity, issues of concern, potentially deadly combinations, and the internet community can hopefully learn more respect and shed the frivolous stance on DXM's availability as a recreational drug. If this does not occur, then DXM will certainly go the route of all other "famous" psychoactive plants and drugs--into the realm illegality. Remember that as every teenager presents to his/her local ER with advanced DXM toxicity, that more pressure will be placed on the already-advancing search for a newer, kinder, non-psychoactive anti-tussive medication. The search that originally began in 1973.

DXM's EFFECT ON THE LIVER

METABOLISM OF DXM,
HOW YOUR BODY HANDLES DXM, AND
*PROBLEMS* WITH DETOXIFICATION.

DXM is metabolized by the liver (liver secretes bile and functions in metabolism of protein and carbohydrate and fat; synthesizes substances involved in the clotting of the blood; breaks down toxins by the cytochrome P450 oxidase enzyme). Specifically, DXM is broken down by a P450 enzyme called: CYP2D6.

Concerns about Liver Enzyme CYP2D6:
1. Poor Metabolizers.
A significant portion of the population have a functional deficiency in this enzyme called "CYP2D6 Poor Metabolizers". Since CYP2D6 is the primary metabolic pathway in the inactivation of DXM, the duration of action and effects of DXM are significantly increased in "CYP2D6 Poor Metabolizers." Also, Deaths & Hospitalizations have been reported in poor metabolizer recreational users.

2. Inhibitors of CYP2D6.
A large number of medications, including antidepressants (SSRI's), are potent inhibitors of CYP2D6. So, there is a HIGH potential for drug interactions between DXM and other medications. There have been reports of fatal consequences arising from such interactions.

Read more: http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17894#ixzz2PapBPVQh

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
Here's some more, IronFist...
DANGERS OF DXM:

Obviously (due to the plateau-type effects), DXM intoxication varies depending on the dose. Many of the expected effects of recreational DXM use are actually signs of DXM toxicity in various organs.

SHORT TERM POISONING

List of Known Acute Toxic Effects
Quote:
DXM is known to cause a variety of acute toxic effects:
ranging from nausea, restlessness, insomnia, ataxia (cerebellar uncoordination/inability to balace while walking), slurred speech and nystagmus (eyeballs shaking), mood changes, perceptual alterations, inattention, disorientation and aggressive behavior (Rammer et al 1988; Katona and Watson 1986; Isbell and Fraser 1953; Devlin et al 1985; McCarthy 1971; Dodds and Revai 1967; Degkwitz 1964; Hildebrand et al 1989).

DIFFERENT "PLATEAU'S" & SHORT TERM TOXIC EFFECTS OF DXM ABUSE

Plateau 1 & 2: In addition to Euphoria & laughing, people on 1st or 2nd plateau often develop Tachycardia (FAST Heart Rates), Blood Pressure spikes, Vomiting, Mydriasis (pupil dilation), Nystagmus (eyeballs shaking), Sweating, Loss of Motor Coordination (cerebellar intoxication / cerebellar shutdown).

Plateau 2&3:
In addition to the above findings, persons with moderate intoxication (Plateau 2 & 3) may demonstrate hallucinations and a distinctive, plodding ataxic gait that has been compared with "zombie-like" walking.23

Plateau 2,3, or 4:
Severely intoxicated individuals in a dissociated state may be agitated or somnolent.5,6,8,21

Plateau 3&4:
Extremely agitated patients may develop hyperthermia and metabolic acidosis. The presence of these signs are largely ominous. They represent a severe shift in the body's natural ion balance: causing or resulting from kidney failure, inadequate oxygenation, and/or a diseased, allergic-type reaction within the neuro-muscular junctions.

Quote:
DXM (and other dissociatives: PCP, ketamine) can also trigger psychosis, limbic seizures, temporal lability, depression, and other neurological and psychological diseases much more frequently than other types of drugs.

Quote:
The differential diagnosis of DXM intoxication includes other potentially serious toxidromes. Patients with ataxia, nystagmus, and mental status changes may suffer from ketamine or phencyclidine abuse, lithium intoxication, phenytoin, or carbamazepine poisoning, Wernicke-Korsakoff syndrome, and sedative-hypnotic, including ethanol, abstinence syndromes.26

Quote:
When taken in very large doses, DXM can produce a high. It also can pose a real danger to the user, including:

LONG TERM TOXIC USE OF DXM.

TOXICITY.
Probably the most important effects to consider from long-term abuse is liver or brain damage.

Quote:
"People who have used dissociatives heavily have shown clear evidence of brain damage. This is not necessarily conclusive, since the people who become addicted to them might have underlying conditions (specifically, temporal lobe complex partial seizures) which could be responsible for some of the damage.

Nonetheless, one cannot ignore the fact that most everyone who uses dissociatives both frequently and heavily ends up with some sort of neurological or psychological problem, ranging from impaired memory to a schizophrenia-like syndrome.

Many of the impairments correspond exactly to the areas of the brain damaged in lab animals." (White)

BROMIDE TOXICITY.
Bromide Ions
DXM is usually found as a salt of DXM and hydrobromide ions.

Large amounts of bromide ions can cause sedation and eventually lead to bromism (bromide poisoning), which affects (among other things) the skin andnervous system.It is one more VERY important reason to avoid prolonged high-dose use.
Quote:
Because DXM is produced as the crystalline hydrobromide salt, bromism is a consequence that has been identified in heavy chronic abusers of DXM.31

Quote:
Bromide-poisoning from DXM has been KNOWN to cause IRREVERSIBLE BRAIN DAMAGE (Cerebello-bulbar syndrome), and SHRINKING OF THE CEREBELLUM!

***The Cerebellum is a very important part of the brain! It is the Sensory/Motor Processing and Integration Center of the brain. It is necessary for nearly every coordinated motor activity (using muscles), balancing, touch, feeling, applying your hands and fingers to perform fine motor tasks, and MUCH more!!***

Quote:
There are reported cases of bromide toxicity, especially organic bromide, causing an irreversible cerebello-bulbar syndrome with cerebellar atrophy on CT and EEG changes (Van Balkom et al 1985).

Many Doctors believe that prolonged heavy use of DXM may lead to bromism. There is a case presented in the American Journal of Nephrology that demonstrated “Spurious Hyperchloremia and Decreased Anion Gap” in a DXM user. 1992;12:268-70. Translation: the human body is an aqueous environment—just like the ocean. Like the oceans, our body water is NOT just plain, pure H2O. Instead, it is “salty”—meaning that there are dissolved ions. The most common, and most commonly known are Sodium, Chloride (i.e. NaCl). Also very important to the functioning of our internal environment are other ions: Potassium, Magnesium, Calcium, etc. Bromide is very low on the list of ‘normal’ ions in terms of concentrations.

This brings us nicely into the discussion about our renal system.

Read more: http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17894#ixzz2PapSkPzt

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
...and some more...
DXM'S EFFECTS ON THE KIDNEYS.

ION EXCHANGE, WASTE REMOVAL AND SERUM PH

You might recall an ongoing argument about GHB. Should you make it with KOH (potassium) or NaOH (sodium)? If you make it w/potassium, then you can actually ‘overdose’ on the potassium and… well, look it up yourself if you’re interested.

If you make it w/sodium, then you can ‘overdose’ on sodium, causing a serious depletion in the essential—and short-supplied potassium. This is because the body’s watery environment exists in homeostasis—in other words, your body uses MANY mechanisms to keep its pH normal (~7.2), in other words, your organs make sure that there aren’t too many negative charges (“basic” or “alkaline”) and to make sure there aren’t too many positive charges (“acidic” or “acidosis”). Some positive ions: H+, Na+, Ca++, Mg+. Some negative ions: OH-, Cl-, K-, and more.

“Anion Gap” is simply a measure of your blood pH minus the concentration of “normal” ions—mostly sodium and chloride.

Equation for A.G. = Serum Sodium - Chloride - Bicarbonate

HIGH ANION GAP: Most types of acidosis that are UNNATURAL are a result of strange positive ions (or “acids”) not normally found in the blood.
Causes include: Metabolic acidosis (lactic acid), Methanol poisoning, Uremia (uric acid from kidney failure), Diabetes (ketones), paraldehyde poisoning, Iron, INH (a medicine), Ethylene Glycol, Salicilates (aspirin=”salicylic acid”).

LOW ANION GAP**:**THIS is what you get from DXM!!!
Causes include: Paraproteinemia (too many weird, charged un-natural proteins, e.g. Multiple Myeloma), Hyponatremia (low sodium), Hypermagnesemia (high Mag level), Hypoalbuminemia (too LITTLE albumin—a fancy word for normal blood protein), and…. Lastly: Spurious Hyperchloremia (from Bromide toxicity)

So, essentially, DXM toxicity seems to exhibit TWO contradictory adverse effects upon the body's normal serum pH:
1. Low anion Gap, caused by spurious Hyperchloremia from Bromide toxicity and
2. Metabolic acidosis
(higher anion gap)

What do these conflicting messages mean?
Well, for starters, they both practically PROVE that DXM is toxic to your body's aqueous serum environment. At the very minimum, DXM causes heavy glucose and abnormal ion loads on fluid homeostatic mechanisms, meaning stress and damage to the kidneys and pancreas.

Rhabdomyolysis.
In addition to these findings, there has been reported several cases of DXM effecting serum protein levels (increased protein from MUSCULAR CELL DEATH AND BREAKDOWN, aka Rhabdomyolysis). From an unknown mechanism, probably not unlike Dantrolene Poisoning, DXM can apparently cause rhabdomyolysis--a condition that causes permanent, irreversible kidney failure.

Remember, these effects are in addition to the liver issues.

Just to repeat myself ONE more time, it certainly seems that the effect of DXM poisoning is to shift your body's plasma ion balance in both directions, skewing the normal balancing act we measure by serum pH. DXM causes increased anion gap and metabolic acidosis, and hyperchloremia (low Cl-) and low anion gap.

The biggest danger from this is when your kidneys cannot handle the continuous assault--trying to detoxify the blood and return proper balance to pH and ion concentrations.

ADDICTION.
Experienced DXM users describe a rapidly developing and persistent tolerance to the drug.6 Dependence is rarely described.24-26 Quote:
Although DXM is not thought to have addictive properties, susceptible individuals may develop craving and habitual use of the drug.5,27 An abstinence syndrome may be associated with cessation of DXM abuse that is characterized by dysphoria and intense cravings.24,26,28,29

Quote:
The dissociatives can be highly addictive to a minority of users. In comparison, the marijuana and the serotonergic psychedelics (LSD, psilocybin mushrooms, peyote, DMT) are many times safer.

By literature reported in 1994, there were only 2 reported fatalities from DXM overdoses. At this time, the Medical Community was almost completely OBLIVIOUS to the underground abuse of DXM.

Even though there were 2 KNOWN CASES of Death from DXM, there were NO reports and NO RESEARCH describing the effects of chronic abuse. The first report of long-term usage was described in 1994. It demonstrated significant cognitive deterioration that was associated with prolonged use of DM.

Since 1994, other effects have been described, and most are likely linked to DXM abuse. Toxic psychosis and cognitive deteriorationcan arise from chronic use of the drug.24,28,29

TRANSLATION:
Long Term Use Could Very Likely Cause:
1. Toxic Psychosis: this would be akin to "Tripping All the Time." Paranoia, Fear, Helplessness, Detachment, Dissociation, etc. It is known that psychotic breaks are more common in the upper two plateaus (3&4). (*reference*)

2. Cognitive Degeneration: Put simply, this is when someone becomes "dumb." There are indications from patient cases of declining intelligence, with repeated, toxic exposure to dissociatives such as DXM, PCP, & K. Since this effect is difficult to directly measure, the effects have been demonstrated through indirect measurement and observation. I have a few reports with detailed methodology with possible logical flaws if anyone is interested. One would be foolish not to heed this warning, because no one knows for certain if a 'small' case of psychosis or cognitive decline will be able to 'recover.' In cases of high-dose, repeated assault, damage to cognition appears permanent.

3. Liver Failure--to some degree. Liver disease is not always cut-and-dry, nor is it always characterized by a single, definitive STRIKE to the liver, (followed by hepatic shut-down and death). Instead, & more frequently, liver failure is a progressive disease that begins with a series of permanent toxic events... and it is often slow and insidious in progression.

4. Kidney Failure--again, like the liver, the kidneys will sustain a heavy amount of abuse (including interruption of blood-supply for several minutes) before they begin to lose their normal functioning ability. Essentially, what we're creating--with chronic recreational DXM--are significantly WEAKENED hepatic and renal systems.

Perhaps this can be thought of in terms of 'aging.'
Take for example, a 21 year-old Chronic, High-Dose DXM User. This individual's kidneys and liver could very likely be compared to those of someone MUCH OLDER than those of your peers. (e.g. a 50 year-old's liver &/or kidneys).

This analogy comes from deductive reasoning, based SOLEY on the nature of the drug's pharmacological profile at so-called 'recreational' doses. I do not have actual proof that a 21 year-old has a 50 year-old man's kidneys &/or liver, but one does not necessarily need proof to support a claim that hepatotoxic substances cause aging of the liver; nor that kidney-toxins will induce renal changes.These are typical sequelae of people who suffer the type of insults which occur in the setting of recreational-dose DXM. Cause and Effect Pattern. Just like breathing in flu-virus vapors will OFTEN lead to you catching the flu... or like when you inject your muscle with sulfuric acid, it will hurt like ****.

Long Term Use May Also Cause:

5. True Liver Failure--without a transplant, you will die from this. Remember: slow, agonizing death. Usually takes 2-3 days to die, sometimes weeks.

6. Complete Kidney Failure--these people have arterio-venous shunts surgically placed under the skin, connecting artery-to-vein. They must be dialyzed twice a week. They do not make urine. They will die without constant dialysis or a kidney transplant.

7. Pancreatic Failure--a distant possibility. would be horrible. very painful. causes Type I Diabetes (no more insulin production). Permanent loss of control over blood sugar levels. these people have no more insulin to lower blood sugar, no more glucagon to raise blood sugar.

8. ?Permanent Brain Damage?--Olsney's Lesions? maybe this should be #1 on the list?? who knows...? scientists certainly do not know. Sure, Dr. Olsney's claim from his original research does NOT support the existence of Olsney's Lesions in humans, (and thus, it cannot attribute them to DXM, ketamine, PCP, dog**** or anything else--since we don't know if they exist).

HOWEVER, just because his deductive methodology was flawed certainly does NOT suggest that these lesions do NOT exist! That's like saying that when your local grocery store doesn't have any strawberries in stock for 3 months straight, that there ISN'T a shortage in the local strawberry supply, just because you don't have any proof that there IS a shortage! It's impossible to prove a negative statement without proper investigation, and this is a serious fallacy in logic that I believe the internet has helped propagate. This is a new sort of "group-think."

In other words: Let's say that I have a belief that is totally WRONG. Like, for example, I believe that it's OK, and even 'good for my health' to drink a little shot of gasoline every single day. Now, with the internet, I can find other 'gasoline-drinkers.' (not really!
) Just because I can now assemble a group of 14 people, 400 people, or 2,000 people all together from all over the world, into a chat-room, who all agree with me on something that is simply WRONG or UNFOUNDED, that does NOT mean that I am now CORRECT. I'm still WRONG just like the other 19,999 people in the chat-room.

DXM OVERDOSES AND DEATH.

There have been several DXM overdose deaths documented in medical and media reports. Even taken by itself, DXM overdoses have been FATAL. Lethal toxicity starts at around 20mg/kg (about 2,000mg for a 220lb person).

Redosing.
Overdose is possible while redosing; occasionally, an overdose has come from a person who is already under the influence of DXM after attempting to "re-dose." Why does this cause overdose? Several possible reasons, but the main cause is because of a cumulative effect on dosing, starting from the original dose. Also, it has been speculated that the user may not be able to accurately weigh the next dose, or may forget how much s/he has already taken.

It is suggested that those who plan to redose with pure DXM weigh all doses in advance, then set their supply in a place where it is inconvenient to reach.

Methods of DXM Administration.
Oral: Best, and essentially, the only method of taking.
Injection: almost impossible; doesn't dissolve except in enormous quantities of water & hazardous
*Smoking: DXM is toxic to smoke. DXM HBr releases ammonia and other toxins and should never be smoked.

OLNEY'S LESIONS, NAN, and HOLES IN YOUR BRAIN.

William White claimed high doses of DXM may cause brain damage in the form of NMDA antagonist neurotoxicity. Olneys lesions, also known as "NMDA Antagonist Neurotoxicity" or "NAN", are a form of brain damage caused by high doses of NMDA antagonists...

Quote:
Olney's Lesions (holes in the brain) have been observed in lab mice by giving them lethal doses of DXM. Olney's Lesions have not been observed in primates, or in sub-anaesthetic doses even in mice.

Quote:
John Olney demonstrated that high doses of NMDA antagonist (like DXM), caused brain cell DEATH in animal studies. These characteristic brain lesions are thus named Olney's lesions. The doses required to INSTANTLY produce damage are far in excess of human recreational doses, but there have NOT been studies on long-term, lower-dose use.

ARGUMENT AGAINST OLNEY'S LESIONS.
White's article has been challenged by Cliff Anderson in his paper The Bad News Isn't In. White has later retracted his original claims in a response to Cliff Anderson's paper though he still warns of possible long term damage from DXM.

--There is much information left to post in this area---

ANTIDEPRESSANTS... SEROTONIN SYNDROME and DEATH!

Before any use of DXM, extra caution should be taken by those taking either prescribed prescription or OTC medications, particularly antidepressants. Why?
1. Serotonin Syndrome. With antidepressants there is risk of developing serotonin syndrome (Serotonin syndrome is a condition caused by an excess of serotonin in the brain. A rare, but serious, potentially life-threatening medical condition. Symptoms may be classed into three groups:
a. cognitive effects: mental confusion, hypomania, agitation, headache, coma
b. autonomic effects: shivering, sweating, fever, hypertension, tachycardia, nausea, diarrhea
c. somatic effects: myoclonus/clonus (muscle twitching), hyperreflexia, tremor

2. Liver Enzyme Inhibition. MANY meds are substrates or Inhibitors of the SAME liver enzyme used to clean out toxic DXM.
Quote:
Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) are one such drug that inhibits the P450-2D6 enzyme responsible for breaking DXM down into DXO (Otton & Wu, 1993), This has the effect of minimizing hallucinations but maximizing confusion and can cause the trip to literally last for days.

A first or second plateau trip is probably nothing to worry about, though you may not enjoy all the effects your non-medicated friends might.

Quote:
DXM should not in any case be used by people who are taking a Monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI: Any of a group of antidepressant drugs that inhibit the action of monoamine oxidase in the brain and so allow monoamines to accumulate). MAOI's should be avoided whether they occur in prescription medication or from natural sources, such as harmala. This may cause serotonin syndrome, and has been fatal (Bem & Peck, 1992).

Harmala, also known as telepathine and banisterine, a blanket term for a group of is a blanket term for a group of naturally occurring beta-carbolines including harmine, and others. The harmala alkaloids are tryptamines and monoamine oxidase inhibitors found in Syrian rue seeds and Banisteriopsis caapi.They also act as serotonin antagonists and CNS stimulants. In Caapi, it is used in combination with DMT to form Ayahuasca.

Harmala alkaloids are also found many other plants, including tobacco and passion flower.

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
...and some more...
DXM'S EFFECTS ON THE KIDNEYS.

ION EXCHANGE, WASTE REMOVAL AND SERUM PH

You might recall an ongoing argument about GHB. Should you make it with KOH (potassium) or NaOH (sodium)? If you make it w/potassium, then you can actually ‘overdose’ on the potassium and… well, look it up yourself if you’re interested.

If you make it w/sodium, then you can ‘overdose’ on sodium, causing a serious depletion in the essential—and short-supplied potassium. This is because the body’s watery environment exists in homeostasis—in other words, your body uses MANY mechanisms to keep its pH normal (~7.2), in other words, your organs make sure that there aren’t too many negative charges (“basic” or “alkaline”) and to make sure there aren’t too many positive charges (“acidic” or “acidosis”). Some positive ions: H+, Na+, Ca++, Mg+. Some negative ions: OH-, Cl-, K-, and more.

“Anion Gap” is simply a measure of your blood pH minus the concentration of “normal” ions—mostly sodium and chloride.

Equation for A.G. = Serum Sodium - Chloride - Bicarbonate

HIGH ANION GAP: Most types of acidosis that are UNNATURAL are a result of strange positive ions (or “acids”) not normally found in the blood.
Causes include: Metabolic acidosis (lactic acid), Methanol poisoning, Uremia (uric acid from kidney failure), Diabetes (ketones), paraldehyde poisoning, Iron, INH (a medicine), Ethylene Glycol, Salicilates (aspirin=”salicylic acid”).

LOW ANION GAP**:**THIS is what you get from DXM!!!
Causes include: Paraproteinemia (too many weird, charged un-natural proteins, e.g. Multiple Myeloma), Hyponatremia (low sodium), Hypermagnesemia (high Mag level), Hypoalbuminemia (too LITTLE albumin—a fancy word for normal blood protein), and…. Lastly: Spurious Hyperchloremia (from Bromide toxicity)

So, essentially, DXM toxicity seems to exhibit TWO contradictory adverse effects upon the body's normal serum pH:
1. Low anion Gap, caused by spurious Hyperchloremia from Bromide toxicity and
2. Metabolic acidosis
(higher anion gap)

What do these conflicting messages mean?
Well, for starters, they both practically PROVE that DXM is toxic to your body's aqueous serum environment. At the very minimum, DXM causes heavy glucose and abnormal ion loads on fluid homeostatic mechanisms, meaning stress and damage to the kidneys and pancreas.

Rhabdomyolysis.
In addition to these findings, there has been reported several cases of DXM effecting serum protein levels (increased protein from MUSCULAR CELL DEATH AND BREAKDOWN, aka Rhabdomyolysis). From an unknown mechanism, probably not unlike Dantrolene Poisoning, DXM can apparently cause rhabdomyolysis--a condition that causes permanent, irreversible kidney failure.

Remember, these effects are in addition to the liver issues.

Just to repeat myself ONE more time, it certainly seems that the effect of DXM poisoning is to shift your body's plasma ion balance in both directions, skewing the normal balancing act we measure by serum pH. DXM causes increased anion gap and metabolic acidosis, and hyperchloremia (low Cl-) and low anion gap.

The biggest danger from this is when your kidneys cannot handle the continuous assault--trying to detoxify the blood and return proper balance to pH and ion concentrations.

ADDICTION.
Experienced DXM users describe a rapidly developing and persistent tolerance to the drug.6 Dependence is rarely described.24-26 Quote:
Although DXM is not thought to have addictive properties, susceptible individuals may develop craving and habitual use of the drug.5,27 An abstinence syndrome may be associated with cessation of DXM abuse that is characterized by dysphoria and intense cravings.24,26,28,29

Quote:
The dissociatives can be highly addictive to a minority of users. In comparison, the marijuana and the serotonergic psychedelics (LSD, psilocybin mushrooms, peyote, DMT) are many times safer.

By literature reported in 1994, there were only 2 reported fatalities from DXM overdoses. At this time, the Medical Community was almost completely OBLIVIOUS to the underground abuse of DXM.

Even though there were 2 KNOWN CASES of Death from DXM, there were NO reports and NO RESEARCH describing the effects of chronic abuse. The first report of long-term usage was described in 1994. It demonstrated significant cognitive deterioration that was associated with prolonged use of DM.

Since 1994, other effects have been described, and most are likely linked to DXM abuse. Toxic psychosis and cognitive deteriorationcan arise from chronic use of the drug.24,28,29

TRANSLATION:
Long Term Use Could Very Likely Cause:
1. Toxic Psychosis: this would be akin to "Tripping All the Time." Paranoia, Fear, Helplessness, Detachment, Dissociation, etc. It is known that psychotic breaks are more common in the upper two plateaus (3&4). (*reference*)

2. Cognitive Degeneration: Put simply, this is when someone becomes "dumb." There are indications from patient cases of declining intelligence, with repeated, toxic exposure to dissociatives such as DXM, PCP, & K. Since this effect is difficult to directly measure, the effects have been demonstrated through indirect measurement and observation. I have a few reports with detailed methodology with possible logical flaws if anyone is interested. One would be foolish not to heed this warning, because no one knows for certain if a 'small' case of psychosis or cognitive decline will be able to 'recover.' In cases of high-dose, repeated assault, damage to cognition appears permanent.

3. Liver Failure--to some degree. Liver disease is not always cut-and-dry, nor is it always characterized by a single, definitive STRIKE to the liver, (followed by hepatic shut-down and death). Instead, & more frequently, liver failure is a progressive disease that begins with a series of permanent toxic events... and it is often slow and insidious in progression.

4. Kidney Failure--again, like the liver, the kidneys will sustain a heavy amount of abuse (including interruption of blood-supply for several minutes) before they begin to lose their normal functioning ability. Essentially, what we're creating--with chronic recreational DXM--are significantly WEAKENED hepatic and renal systems.

Perhaps this can be thought of in terms of 'aging.'
Take for example, a 21 year-old Chronic, High-Dose DXM User. This individual's kidneys and liver could very likely be compared to those of someone MUCH OLDER than those of your peers. (e.g. a 50 year-old's liver &/or kidneys).

This analogy comes from deductive reasoning, based SOLEY on the nature of the drug's pharmacological profile at so-called 'recreational' doses. I do not have actual proof that a 21 year-old has a 50 year-old man's kidneys &/or liver, but one does not necessarily need proof to support a claim that hepatotoxic substances cause aging of the liver; nor that kidney-toxins will induce renal changes.These are typical sequelae of people who suffer the type of insults which occur in the setting of recreational-dose DXM. Cause and Effect Pattern. Just like breathing in flu-virus vapors will OFTEN lead to you catching the flu... or like when you inject your muscle with sulfuric acid, it will hurt like ****.

Long Term Use May Also Cause:

5. True Liver Failure--without a transplant, you will die from this. Remember: slow, agonizing death. Usually takes 2-3 days to die, sometimes weeks.

6. Complete Kidney Failure--these people have arterio-venous shunts surgically placed under the skin, connecting artery-to-vein. They must be dialyzed twice a week. They do not make urine. They will die without constant dialysis or a kidney transplant.

7. Pancreatic Failure--a distant possibility. would be horrible. very painful. causes Type I Diabetes (no more insulin production). Permanent loss of control over blood sugar levels. these people have no more insulin to lower blood sugar, no more glucagon to raise blood sugar.

8. ?Permanent Brain Damage?--Olsney's Lesions? maybe this should be #1 on the list?? who knows...? scientists certainly do not know. Sure, Dr. Olsney's claim from his original research does NOT support the existence of Olsney's Lesions in humans, (and thus, it cannot attribute them to DXM, ketamine, PCP, dog**** or anything else--since we don't know if they exist).

HOWEVER, just because his deductive methodology was flawed certainly does NOT suggest that these lesions do NOT exist! That's like saying that when your local grocery store doesn't have any strawberries in stock for 3 months straight, that there ISN'T a shortage in the local strawberry supply, just because you don't have any proof that there IS a shortage! It's impossible to prove a negative statement without proper investigation, and this is a serious fallacy in logic that I believe the internet has helped propagate. This is a new sort of "group-think."

In other words: Let's say that I have a belief that is totally WRONG. Like, for example, I believe that it's OK, and even 'good for my health' to drink a little shot of gasoline every single day. Now, with the internet, I can find other 'gasoline-drinkers.' (not really!
) Just because I can now assemble a group of 14 people, 400 people, or 2,000 people all together from all over the world, into a chat-room, who all agree with me on something that is simply WRONG or UNFOUNDED, that does NOT mean that I am now CORRECT. I'm still WRONG just like the other 19,999 people in the chat-room.

DXM OVERDOSES AND DEATH.

There have been several DXM overdose deaths documented in medical and media reports. Even taken by itself, DXM overdoses have been FATAL. Lethal toxicity starts at around 20mg/kg (about 2,000mg for a 220lb person).

Redosing.
Overdose is possible while redosing; occasionally, an overdose has come from a person who is already under the influence of DXM after attempting to "re-dose." Why does this cause overdose? Several possible reasons, but the main cause is because of a cumulative effect on dosing, starting from the original dose. Also, it has been speculated that the user may not be able to accurately weigh the next dose, or may forget how much s/he has already taken.

It is suggested that those who plan to redose with pure DXM weigh all doses in advance, then set their supply in a place where it is inconvenient to reach.

Methods of DXM Administration.
Oral: Best, and essentially, the only method of taking.
Injection: almost impossible; doesn't dissolve except in enormous quantities of water & hazardous
*Smoking: DXM is toxic to smoke. DXM HBr releases ammonia and other toxins and should never be smoked.

OLNEY'S LESIONS, NAN, and HOLES IN YOUR BRAIN.

William White claimed high doses of DXM may cause brain damage in the form of NMDA antagonist neurotoxicity. Olneys lesions, also known as "NMDA Antagonist Neurotoxicity" or "NAN", are a form of brain damage caused by high doses of NMDA antagonists...

Quote:
Olney's Lesions (holes in the brain) have been observed in lab mice by giving them lethal doses of DXM. Olney's Lesions have not been observed in primates, or in sub-anaesthetic doses even in mice.

Quote:
John Olney demonstrated that high doses of NMDA antagonist (like DXM), caused brain cell DEATH in animal studies. These characteristic brain lesions are thus named Olney's lesions. The doses required to INSTANTLY produce damage are far in excess of human recreational doses, but there have NOT been studies on long-term, lower-dose use.

ARGUMENT AGAINST OLNEY'S LESIONS.
White's article has been challenged by Cliff Anderson in his paper The Bad News Isn't In. White has later retracted his original claims in a response to Cliff Anderson's paper though he still warns of possible long term damage from DXM.

--There is much information left to post in this area---

ANTIDEPRESSANTS... SEROTONIN SYNDROME and DEATH!

Before any use of DXM, extra caution should be taken by those taking either prescribed prescription or OTC medications, particularly antidepressants. Why?
1. Serotonin Syndrome. With antidepressants there is risk of developing serotonin syndrome (Serotonin syndrome is a condition caused by an excess of serotonin in the brain. A rare, but serious, potentially life-threatening medical condition. Symptoms may be classed into three groups:
a. cognitive effects: mental confusion, hypomania, agitation, headache, coma
b. autonomic effects: shivering, sweating, fever, hypertension, tachycardia, nausea, diarrhea
c. somatic effects: myoclonus/clonus (muscle twitching), hyperreflexia, tremor

2. Liver Enzyme Inhibition. MANY meds are substrates or Inhibitors of the SAME liver enzyme used to clean out toxic DXM.
Quote:
Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) are one such drug that inhibits the P450-2D6 enzyme responsible for breaking DXM down into DXO (Otton & Wu, 1993), This has the effect of minimizing hallucinations but maximizing confusion and can cause the trip to literally last for days.

A first or second plateau trip is probably nothing to worry about, though you may not enjoy all the effects your non-medicated friends might.

Quote:
DXM should not in any case be used by people who are taking a Monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI: Any of a group of antidepressant drugs that inhibit the action of monoamine oxidase in the brain and so allow monoamines to accumulate). MAOI's should be avoided whether they occur in prescription medication or from natural sources, such as harmala. This may cause serotonin syndrome, and has been fatal (Bem & Peck, 1992).

Harmala, also known as telepathine and banisterine, a blanket term for a group of is a blanket term for a group of naturally occurring beta-carbolines including harmine, and others. The harmala alkaloids are tryptamines and monoamine oxidase inhibitors found in Syrian rue seeds and Banisteriopsis caapi.They also act as serotonin antagonists and CNS stimulants. In Caapi, it is used in combination with DMT to form Ayahuasca.

Harmala alkaloids are also found many other plants, including tobacco and passion flower.

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
Wait a minute...
DXM TOXICITY FROM OTHER INGREDIENTS!!!

Toxicity, in the setting of DXM abuse, can arise from additional sources. Over-the-counter cough formulations frequently contain, in addition to DXM, other pharmaceutical agents such as chlorpheniramine, acetaminophen, or pseudoephedrine.30

Quote:
Drug interactions exist between DXM and other substances, the best characterized of which is serotonin syndrome. This condition typically occurs from the interaction between DXM and selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors or monoamine oxidase inhibitors, but concurrent administration of antibiotics (eg, linezolide), opiate analgesics (eg, meperidine and tramadol), or drugs of abuse (eg, Syrian rue) could precipitate the condition.32 Patients with serotonin syndrome may demonstrate the clinical triad of mental status changes, autonomic instability, and muscular hypertonicity.33

TYLENOL and a SLOW DEATH from LIVER FAILURE.
Most over-the-counter cough medicines contain other drugs besides DXM and can be quite dangerous when taken in high doses. These ingredients include acetaminophen (aka: Tylenol, Panadol, Phenaphen, Tempra and paracetamol or APAP) which carries a high possibility of fatal liver damage with as few as EIGHT! pills.

Overdose of acetaminophen, an antipyretic and analgesic that is a component of over 100 cough and cold preparations, produces delayed hepatic injury and, potentially, death.

PLEASE, READ THIS!
Acetaminophen: There are 3 enzymatic pathways used in the liver to break Acetaminophen down, and the 2 typically found are safe for the body. When these two become overwhelmed, the third pathway processes acetaminophen into a chemical that is EXTREMELY TOXIC TO THE LIVER.

Fatal liver damage can occur before any symptoms become evident. THIS DEATH is a PAINFUL, LINGERING DEATH, taking place over 2-3 days, and sometimes WEEKS.
Quote:
Also, a user who is in a hangover from significant quantities of DXM may NOT EVEN NOTICE that anything is wrong even once symptoms begin to occur. To put it simply, acetaminophen-containing preparations are NOT safe for recreational use! In high recreational quantities DEATH is the MOST PROBABLE OUTCOME!! Liver toxicity can occur at doses as low as 8-10 pills, at the bottom of the 1st plateau. Acetaminophen overdoses can be corrected IF you go to an ER within the the first hours. After that, toxic effects become apparent and PERMANENT!

"CCC" and LIVER FAILURE, SLOW DEATH, and SEVERE ALLERGIC REACTIONS.

Chlorpheniramine is an H1-receptor antagonist. Consequently, individuals who have abused chlorpheniramine-containing DXM formulations may also exhibit anticholinergic signs and symptoms (eg, tachycardia, warm, dry, flushed skin, dry mucosa, mydriasis, agitated delirium, urinary retention, and gastrointestinal dysmotility).

Severe chlorpheniramine intoxication has also been associated with seizure activity, rhabdomyolysis, and hyperthermia.8 BTW, all these 3 syndromes are associated with brain damage of on their own account.

ALSO: Chlorphenamine, an anticholinergic and antihistamine, is broken down by the SAME liver enzyme that decomposes DXM. This combo is VERY DANGEROUS, especially to those individuals with a CYP2D6 enzyme deficiency. Also CCC can cause SEVERE allergic reactions! CCC or Coricidin should NOT be used recreationally. CCC has caused many DOZENS of hospitalizations, several DEATHS (that we KNOW about!) and the general advice is do NOT take it!

GUAFENESIN and PUKING YOUR BRAINS OUT.
Guaifenesin, Guafenesin, or Guaiphenesin is an expectorant (mucous softener) which contributes to the nausea and vomiting that MANY people experience when taking this drug.

PSEUDOPHED and STROKES, HEART ATTACKS, BLINDNESS, DEATH.
pseudoephedrine is a stimulant related to ephedrine used as a bronchodilator to treat bronchitis and asthma. Taken WITH DXM, Pseudoephedrine can raise your blood pressure through the ROOF! This can cause GLAUCOMA--damaging the optic disc and impairing vision, and sometimes progressing to BLINDNESS!
Quote:
Pseudoephedrine intoxication may mimic that of chlorpheniramine except that patients may exhibit diaphoresis.

DXM with pseudofed can also cause HYPERTENSIVE CRISIS, HEART ATTACKS, STROKES, and... DEATH!

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
IronFist, this may be the only compound that I personally wouldn't be testing theories with practical application. DXM, anyone? :D

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
Me and my buddies (at least the ones that are still single) go at least once a year. We're staying at Bellagio this time, but I've stayed almost everyplace between Imperial Palace and Wynn. We'll get there early afternoon on a Thursday and fly back to Kansas City Sunday evening. Two of my buddies are... how do you say it... gambling DEGENERATES, so they were more than happy to comp. us a few rooms. Third week of June is the target date right now.
My buddies like to sports bet but aside from playing a little poker, I usually lay at the pool all day to make up for the sleep I didn't get the night before. Then we all get back together come evening and go to various clubs. I'm hoping to check out some new ones this time around and also make it back to Tryst at Wynn... Still the nicest one in Vegas IMO.
Oh and 3 hours of shut eye is a lot for one night the way we like to roll out there. I'm 32 though and last year caught up with me pretty good... I was sick for over a week when I got back. Immune system just said, "F.u.c.k you!" and shut down on me. I might have to shoot for 4 or 5 hours a night this time, lol... Just can't do it as hard as I did in my 20's.
I was going to ask if you got any comps, but yeah... LOL... they love comping the gamblers :D My grandma, God rest her soul, used to get comped at Caesar's Palace and some other casinos in Atlantic City, all the time because she'd literally spend hours and hours on slots. Fun times when she'd bring me along and I would go eat at the midnight buffets until I passed out in the booth from eating so much, my diaphram felt like it needed extra help moving.

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
Elvis wedding definately the way to go. It's cheap... Lots more money for hookers and blow!
Someone bring the Pyrex & baking soda and we can have ourselves a party!

Ceredumbellum

Awards
IronFist, this may be the only compound that I personally wouldn't be testing theories with practical application. DXM, anyone? :D
Don't forget Ketamine. Though if we're talking legally obtainable substances then, yes, DXM consumption shouldn't be taken lightly. If the substance has a popular nickname for the high it gives you ("Robotripping"), then it's safe to assume it could be toxic.

Ceredumbellum

Awards
I was going to ask if you got any comps, but yeah... LOL... they love comping the gamblers :D My grandma, God rest her soul, used to get comped at Caesar's Palace and some other casinos in Atlantic City, all the time because she'd literally spend hours and hours on slots. Fun times when she'd bring me along and I would go eat at the midnight buffets until I passed out in the booth from eating so much, my diaphram felt like it needed extra help moving.
Damn, I've been so focused in on this diet I forgot about the buffets... If I'm not sick when I get back home I'll have to do another 10-day carb depletion. So much food and so good too! :yup:

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
Don't forget Ketamine. Though if we're talking legally obtainable substances then, yes, DXM consumption shouldn't be taken lightly. If the substance has a popular nickname for the high it gives you ("Robotripping"), then it's safe to assume it could be toxic.
I think it's safe to say that nothing physiologically beneficial can come of robotripping, minus the trade off for toxicity to reverse amphetamine tolerance. However, if you're dead, your tolerance gets reset anyways ;)

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
Christ you are a ****ing idiot. Ignored.
A hefty dose of truth can cause some frustration in individuals prone to sensory overload. This may be caused by excessive glutamate release causing high levels to bind to nmda and AMPA glutamate receptors. According to you, the anti-oxidant and neuroprotectant 'dextromethorphan' might be something you can consider to remedy this. ;)

Captn_the

Captn_the

Banned
Awards
A hefty dose of truth can cause some frustration in individuals prone to sensory overload. This may be caused by excessive glutamate release causing high levels to bind to nmda and AMPA glutamate receptors. According to you, the anti-oxidant and neuroprotectant 'dextromethorphan' might be something you can consider to remedy this. ;)
Hefty dose of ownage :lol:

pow_wow41

pow_wow41

Awards
Haha, went "gym shopping" around my area today.. Walked into one to take a tour, looked down to see some supps they sold & what do ya know..? :p Made me think of this thread.

Attachments

vidapreta

vidapreta

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Haha, went "gym shopping" around my area today.. Walked into one to take a tour, looked down to see some supps they sold & what do ya know..? :p Made me think of this thread.
Did you buy some??:eek5: