Pics of jake.....

jaketparker

Awards
Well guys, figured it was about time to show some photos of me and see what i need to work on. Critique....flame......do what you guys do....:rolleyes: .......I'll probably get some "eat more"'s. Well, tell me what you guys think.

tatortodd

Awards
  • Established
I get a screen saying
The File You Are Looking For Is Inaccessible.

Please sign in and try again or check with the owner of the file.
~Todd

Last edited:

jaketparker

Awards
Yeah, i couldnt figure out how to post the pics directly into the forum....if someone wants to enlighten me id be more than happy to make the changes.

jaketparker

Awards
****, thats what i was afraid of, help me out tatortodd

jaketparker

Awards
haha, good to go, took me a while but i got it

sifu

Banned
Awards
  • Established
You have a really good base man, some people can eat tons, and not gain any weight. Definately don't need to cut. You are damn tan for living up in the interior.

TMack40

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Looking real good bro, very ripped. Eat more!!...jk. Only place you look to be lacking is on the lats a little.

tatortodd

Awards
  • Established
I can see them now that you've replaced the links with photos.

Nice pics. How long have you been lifting? Looks like you:
  1. are under 10% bf
  2. have good definition
  3. have a good base to add some mass.
    [/list=1]

constructive criticism:
    1. Are you doing full range of motion on your bicep work? It looks like your brachialis (sp?) is lagging behind the rest of the bicep.
    2. Looks like your right delt, tri, and bi are slightly bigger than your left.
      [/list=1]

~Todd

size

Awards
  • Established
Great job.

I would work on everything(as everyone should) but make sure to get work in for your lats and traps.

Why do you shave your legs(if not then they look shaved) but not your arms?

jaketparker

Awards
Might be the lighting, but the legs arent shaved. Not a hairy guy to begin with though. I just started lifting about 9-10 months ago but really got a good routine and clean diet down bout 4-5 months ago, didnt really make any progress till i really got my diet down and then just blew up. been trying to add some size to traps recently but what are some good excercises you guys would recomend for some lat development? Anyone else think my right arms a bit bigger than my left? I cant really notice it but ill talk the boards word over mine anyday. Thanks to all and let me know whatever info you guys want to help me out. oh yeah here are some stats.

height: 6"0'
weight:187
BF: guessing at around 8 or 9%

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
I can't say much to criticize except that you simply could use more mass, which I'm sure you already know, lol. Definition is there, also seems to be decent muscle density and so forth, just need to enlarge it IMO bro :D

EDIT: lats and traps are good suggestions, I'd really take a close look at your back day and see if you can emphasize or readjust accordingly. What's you routine for back/traps?

Seems I'd focus on maybe some heavy deads, standing BB lat pulls, and heavy DB shrugs even :)

socrates

Awards
Good overall shape and condition. Outer quads are looking good.

jaketparker

Awards
allright, a back day for me would look something like this

deadlifts 4 sets

1 warm up= 10x135
2= 8x 225
3= 6x 275
4= 315 till i cant get anymore, usually 3 or 4

wide grip lat pulldowns = 4 sets

heavy tbar rows= 4 sets

individual dumbell rows OR barbell rows= 4 sets of either

medium grip behing neck pulldowns= 4 sets

Tell me what you guys think i should add in for some lat development, shrugs are thrown in my shoulder days in case you were wondering, just what ive always done. Let me know if you guys want to know anyhting else.

maggmaster

Awards
  • Established
pulldowns are fine but if you can do them you should do weighted pull-ups or chin ups with as wide a grip as possible, now that will burn your back out

csakiges

Awards
Here is my opinion. I think first off, you look great as others said you would look really good with more mass. But I think you have a great build. As for suggestion on back and lats. I think you are doing too much for your back. I personally feel all you really need is deads and pullups and I gurantee you, you will get bigger (if your diet is good). If you wanted to add some type of rowing motion, that might be ok, but you show me a person with a great deadlift and can do good weighted pullups and I bet you they have a great back both thickness and width.

Also, maggmaster, and please others chime in. My thought has always been, wider is not always better. If you go too wide, i think you shorten your range of motion which range of motion with all exercises is the key. I know Arnold was a big advocate of wide as possible pull ups for a big back, but I think Arnold could have done anything and had a great back. Please anyone chime in please, I do mine slightly wider than shoulder width.

socrates

Awards
Here is my opinion. I think first off, you look great as others said you would look really good with more mass. But I think you have a great build. As for suggestion on back and lats. I think you are doing too much for your back. I personally feel all you really need is deads and pullups and I gurantee you, you will get bigger (if your diet is good). If you wanted to add some type of rowing motion, that might be ok, but you show me a person with a great deadlift and can do good weighted pullups and I bet you they have a great back both thickness and width.

Also, maggmaster, and please others chime in. My thought has always been, wider is not always better. If you go too wide, i think you shorten your range of motion which range of motion with all exercises is the key. I know Arnold was a big advocate of wide as possible pull ups for a big back, but I think Arnold could have done anything and had a great back. Please anyone chime in please, I do mine slightly wider than shoulder width.
Good points about the range of motion and Arnold's genes.
With pullups I have my own versions. When I do go wide I try to pull myslef to one side and alternate side to side. Most times I've been using shoulder wide parallel grip where I would try to hold it for four second count at the top. Since I don't have a weight belt and find holding a dumbell between my legs awkward doing my reps this way at the end of my back routine keeps the reps reasonable to under 12 a set.
On the other hand I consider my back relatively a weak bodypart....so take my advice with a grain of salt.
;)

rugdr

Awards
Stretch

allright, a back day for me would look something like this

deadlifts 4 sets

1 warm up= 10x135
2= 8x 225
3= 6x 275
4= 315 till i cant get anymore, usually 3 or 4

wide grip lat pulldowns = 4 sets

heavy tbar rows= 4 sets

individual dumbell rows OR barbell rows= 4 sets of either

medium grip behing neck pulldowns= 4 sets

Tell me what you guys think i should add in for some lat development, shrugs are thrown in my shoulder days in case you were wondering, just what ive always done. Let me know if you guys want to know anyhting else.
IMO, Stretching between EACH set of Back work really does wonders for your total Lat development...rugdr