PHAT journey continues with an AI Piñata (more products than u can shake a stick at)

gwls

gwls

Awards
  • Established
Back after being MIA for 5 days.
Missing Internet Action?

Told you, stop hounding college girls on the chat lines and they won't cut you off DOM (and yes I do know your real name, so there's another TLA for you to work out, whilst MIA talking to your ISP about your DSL and whether or not switching to Fibre would be a better option for your HBR)

You've got a lot of grovelling and at least 4 workouts to catch up on and that's just in this log!

gwls

gwls

Awards
  • Established
Sorry guys busy couple of days, I'll post the last two days workouts tomorrow lunchtime - work is a bit of a 'mare at the mo!!! BUT I'm still getting the training in

ex-tightend83

Awards
  • Established
Missing Internet Action?

Told you, stop hounding college girls on the chat lines and they won't cut you off DOM (and yes I do know your real name, so there's another TLA for you to work out, whilst MIA talking to your ISP about your DSL and whether or not switching to Fibre would be a better option for your HBR)

You've got a lot of grovelling and at least 4 workouts to catch up on and that's just in this log!
I'd like to buy a vowel...:scool:

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sorry guys busy couple of days, I'll post the last two days workouts tomorrow lunchtime - work is a bit of a 'mare at the mo!!! BUT I'm still getting the training in
I know how busy is

gwls

gwls

Awards
  • Established
Not boring anyone brother. Great log, and man that is a beautiful picture. Not just sexy beautiful! Nom Nom Nom... ASGT is slightly hormonal in nature so I think taking off of it every once in a while is a good thing. I am currently off of mine and won't reintroduce it until I am in PCT. Your training in class sounds like the instructor is definitely trying to condition the guys for the upcoming competition. I often wonder why I don't see trainers using something like that conditioning program he has you all doing to get the fighter's gassed and then using a recording of a very loud crowd blairing over the speakers and send fresh guys in to attack the fighter while he is barely able to distinguish his coaches commands in all the noise. I think that is one of the biggest downfalls for a fighter. Not being trained to hear the corner in a very loud and overbearing surrounding.
thanks Kleen, and yes agree on the pic, perfectly put! The trainer has generated quite a few regional and national champions, so i guess he has a reputation to protect, he won't let us fight if he doesn't think we're ready and the same goes for grading progression. I have a lot of respect for him, firm and fair....

gwls

gwls

Awards
  • Established
Workout Updates

Workout – Wednesday 8th September 2010

TaeKwonDo training, pretty much as before we're defnitely focusing on the guys going to the World Champs this weekend, it was only an hour class so after about 20 -25 minutes on warm-up (including some rather brutal leg stretches) we were in full sparring mode. The leg stretches are good BUT in the back of my head knowing that I had my legs session at the gym the next day, I knew this was going to be tough on my next morning's gym session... don't get me wrong I didn't slack off, it's just the painful realisation of knowing what awaits you!

We did three variations on the leg stretch, all done with a partner
  • 1)back and heels against the wall, lift right leg up while maintaining profile against the wall into a front kick position (i.e. straight ahead, ball of foot as striking point, toes pulled back, no hip rotation allowed). Partner places foot i.e. ankle on shoulder, whilst adopting a sitting stance (feet parallel, torso straight, leg's apart) at first stage, partner's stance is quite wide and then as the instructor asks for the “lift” the partner draws their feet closer together which makes it easier for them and more stretching for the person being stretched... this continues until he asks for the leg to then be pushed up overhead for a count of 10, then hold for a count of 10, then lower for a count of ten – same process each leg and then partner's switch position
  • 2)Partners face each other sitting on the floor, legs apart. The person not being stretched places their feet on the inside of the others leg just above the knee joint, and using an overhand grip link arms and they pull the person being stretched towards them whilst pushing their feet against the persons legs. The person being stretched must maintain an upright torso, resisting being pulled over while their legs are slowly forced further apart – again switch positions
  • 3)Person being stretched sits on floor almost cross legged but soles of feet together and heels of feet pulled in as close to groin as possible, hands clasped around toes/to hold this position. This has the effect of raising the knees off the floor... yes you guessed it, the person not being stretched then applies their body weight to your knees for leverage – like forcing open a clam! Once in a suitable level of agony the person being stretched must resist the downward force of the partner and push against them, when told to stop pushing your knees will automatically drop lower then they were previously – this get's repeated a few times for good measure.
With each exercise the intention to inflict a suitable amount of pain similar to what I can only imagine is something like childbirth!! and walking immediately afterwards is difficult enough, never mind fighting for the next 40 minutes

Ok, so sparring kit on, and same fighter routine as Monday, somehow I ended up in the stationary line again? Had a really good session, if that doesn't count is cardio I don't know what does!! Took a few big hits, the ones where your ears are ringing despite wearing a headguard, but I got in more than my fair share of kicks to the ribs, so was pleased with that (we don't follow Olympic sparring rules, so no chest/torso guard and punches and kicks both count!)

The instructor added a little something extra as normal of course, if during any two minute round, he spotted anyone throwing a single punch or kick without some sort of a follow up, we had to 20 burpees at the end of the round. Thankfully I only got done for this once, needless to say I made sure every following attack was a combination!!

Workout – Thursday 9Th September 2010

I woke up and wondered where i'd parked the horse from the night before, any cowboy including John Wayne would have nothing on my walking ability at 5.15am, fair to say I think the stretching may have worked! Anyway, Pre-workout shake, SWOLE stack, LX and off to gym we go...

Barbell Step Up using Bench as a step – 44lbs
30/25/20/15/10 (each side)

I was dripping with sweat by set 3

Single Leg Curl – 33lbs

I tried it with 44lbs to start but only managed to get to 15 on the left leg, which is the one I started with so I dropped the weight and started again... by the end I think I should have persevered with the 44lbs, so i'll see what happens next week. Don't get me wrong a had a burn, but maybe not quite as much as I would have liked

Dumbbell Bulgarian Split Squat – 22bs DB's

Who invented these? They suck!! probably means they're really good for me, I keep losing my balance LOL, but finished them and any reps where I wasn't happy with form I redid.

Back Extensions - 22lbs
25/20/15/10/5

Still haven't got all my lower back strength back yet following the injury a month ago, my form was perfect, but I think it was more like 18/7/14/6/15/10/5 to get it done, I just had to pause on the first two sets to complete them

Incline Crunch
25/20/15/10/5

Ran out of time, so had to leave it there and head for work

I've bought an Ab roller for home, so will probably start factoring that in between times, just to keep up ab work when I feel the urge! (also I secretly want to practice the DreamWeaver “wheel of death” move in the safety of my own home so that when I fall flat on my face, I don't have half the gym laughing at me!)

:party:

reef_girl.jpg

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

I've bought an Ab roller for home, so will probably start factoring that in between times, just to keep up ab work when I feel the urge! (also I secretly want to practice the DreamWeaver “wheel of death” move in the safety of my own home so that when I fall flat on my face, I don't have half the gym laughing at me!)

I hit the floor almost every time I do it, that's how you know it's your last rep... make sure there are no sharp objects in your pocket, like keys...

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I bought one yesterday too, $8 at Marshalls. boy do they suck

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yeah but they work. I have been using the "flex method" for a lot of my ab work. Instead of trying to find a spot to do crunches in the sauna or what ever I have been pulling my abs in to my spine then crunching flexing and holding as hard and tight as I can for about 30 seconds then I do it to the side then the middle then the other side and just keep rotating soon I get to where i can only hold the flex for about 5 seconds at a time for each position then I take a break and start over again and stop once I have gone to the same point of failure again. This allows me to make sure I am training my abs and stomach girdle in exactly where I want it by sucking in before flexing it is helping keep my waist cinched up. I also started doing bench crunches while on my walk. I get upside down on a park bench with my upper back hanging off the seat part and my legs hanging over the back and I do crunches. The back not being support past halfway allow me to lean back to stretch my abs all the way out before crunching again. I get an amazing contraction out of this and it makes me fail at around 15-20 reps so plenty of resistance with the increased range of motion being a factor.

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Workout – Wednesday 8th September 2010

TaeKwonDo training, pretty much as before we're defnitely focusing on the guys going to the World Champs this weekend, it was only an hour class so after about 20 -25 minutes on warm-up (including some rather brutal leg stretches) we were in full sparring mode. The leg stretches are good BUT in the back of my head knowing that I had my legs session at the gym the next day, I knew this was going to be tough on my next morning's gym session... don't get me wrong I didn't slack off, it's just the painful realisation of knowing what awaits you!

We did three variations on the leg stretch, all done with a partner
  • 1)back and heels against the wall, lift right leg up while maintaining profile against the wall into a front kick position (i.e. straight ahead, ball of foot as striking point, toes pulled back, no hip rotation allowed). Partner places foot i.e. ankle on shoulder, whilst adopting a sitting stance (feet parallel, torso straight, leg's apart) at first stage, partner's stance is quite wide and then as the instructor asks for the “lift” the partner draws their feet closer together which makes it easier for them and more stretching for the person being stretched... this continues until he asks for the leg to then be pushed up overhead for a count of 10, then hold for a count of 10, then lower for a count of ten – same process each leg and then partner's switch position
  • 2)Partners face each other sitting on the floor, legs apart. The person not being stretched places their feet on the inside of the others leg just above the knee joint, and using an overhand grip link arms and they pull the person being stretched towards them whilst pushing their feet against the persons legs. The person being stretched must maintain an upright torso, resisting being pulled over while their legs are slowly forced further apart – again switch positions
  • 3)Person being stretched sits on floor almost cross legged but soles of feet together and heels of feet pulled in as close to groin as possible, hands clasped around toes/to hold this position. This has the effect of raising the knees off the floor... yes you guessed it, the person not being stretched then applies their body weight to your knees for leverage – like forcing open a clam! Once in a suitable level of agony the person being stretched must resist the downward force of the partner and push against them, when told to stop pushing your knees will automatically drop lower then they were previously – this get's repeated a few times for good measure.
With each exercise the intention to inflict a suitable amount of pain similar to what I can only imagine is something like childbirth!! and walking immediately afterwards is difficult enough, never mind fighting for the next 40 minutes

Ok, so sparring kit on, and same fighter routine as Monday, somehow I ended up in the stationary line again? Had a really good session, if that doesn't count is cardio I don't know what does!! Took a few big hits, the ones where your ears are ringing despite wearing a headguard, but I got in more than my fair share of kicks to the ribs, so was pleased with that (we don't follow Olympic sparring rules, so no chest/torso guard and punches and kicks both count!)

The instructor added a little something extra as normal of course, if during any two minute round, he spotted anyone throwing a single punch or kick without some sort of a follow up, we had to 20 burpees at the end of the round. Thankfully I only got done for this once, needless to say I made sure every following attack was a combination!!

Workout – Thursday 9Th September 2010

I woke up and wondered where i'd parked the horse from the night before, any cowboy including John Wayne would have nothing on my walking ability at 5.15am, fair to say I think the stretching may have worked! Anyway, Pre-workout shake, SWOLE stack, LX and off to gym we go...

Barbell Step Up using Bench as a step – 44lbs

I was dripping with sweat by set 3

Single Leg Curl – 33lbs

I tried it with 44lbs to start but only managed to get to 15 on the left leg, which is the one I started with so I dropped the weight and started again... by the end I think I should have persevered with the 44lbs, so i'll see what happens next week. Don't get me wrong a had a burn, but maybe not quite as much as I would have liked

Dumbbell Bulgarian Split Squat – 22bs DB's

Who invented these? They suck!! probably means they're really good for me, I keep losing my balance LOL, but finished them and any reps where I wasn't happy with form I redid.

Back Extensions - 22lbs
25/20/15/10/5

Still haven't got all my lower back strength back yet following the injury a month ago, my form was perfect, but I think it was more like 18/7/14/6/15/10/5 to get it done, I just had to pause on the first two sets to complete them

Incline Crunch
25/20/15/10/5

Ran out of time, so had to leave it there and head for work

:party:

View attachment 35202

Great workout.

Army Guy

Army Guy

Awards
  • Established

Buahahahaha if you DO fall on your face make sure to get it on tape!!!!

Great workout too! You did stuff I had never heard of!!!!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Carefull you're going to give the impression you don't like pain... :hmmm:

gwls

gwls

Awards
  • Established
Buahahahaha if you DO fall on your face make sure to get it on tape!!!!

Great workout too! You did stuff I had never heard of!!!!
Thanks major

Yeah, it's all part of this six week programme 3x3 workouts for each two week period, so next Thursday I get to it all over again!!

gwls

gwls

Awards
  • Established
Yeah but they work. I have been using the "flex method" for a lot of my ab work. Instead of trying to find a spot to do crunches in the sauna or what ever I have been pulling my abs in to my spine then crunching flexing and holding as hard and tight as I can for about 30 seconds then I do it to the side then the middle then the other side and just keep rotating soon I get to where i can only hold the flex for about 5 seconds at a time for each position then I take a break and start over again and stop once I have gone to the same point of failure again. This allows me to make sure I am training my abs and stomach girdle in exactly where I want it by sucking in before flexing it is helping keep my waist cinched up. I also started doing bench crunches while on my walk. I get upside down on a park bench with my upper back hanging off the seat part and my legs hanging over the back and I do crunches. The back not being support past halfway allow me to lean back to stretch my abs all the way out before crunching again. I get an amazing contraction out of this and it makes me fail at around 15-20 reps so plenty of resistance with the increased range of motion being a factor.
Good stuff Kleen, I may try some of the flex approach, the bench sounds good, but most of my walks are with the dog (I must post more pictures of the handsome beast!!) and I don't reckon they'd be too successful with him around!! Today, he saw a women eating a biscuit and decided to run over and say hello, problem being I hadn't clocked it... My shoulder now feels like it's been torn from the socket, oh well some more HGHpro and some Emu oil tonight and I'm sure it will be back to it's normal level of pain tomorrow!!!

I do decline crunches on a decline bench but you don't get the ROM as it's not high enough off the floor - I might get two aerobic steps and put them under it next time it's not too busy and see how that goes?

gwls

gwls

Awards
  • Established
I had to pay £8 for mine at Tx Maxx but I thought was a good price, now also picked up a pulley leg stretcher, but I'm not allowed to hang it in the house :(

I'm thinking of making some "bits" in the garden over winter that blend with surroundings, but are functional two.. I like a bit of a project!

gwls

gwls

Awards
  • Established
I hit the floor almost every time I do it, that's how you know it's your last rep... make sure there are no sharp objects in your pocket, like keys...
LOL learnt that the hard way DW, last month I managed to crush my iPhone 4 into my ribs doing leg press because I forgot it was in my pocket before lower knees into chest - ribs still bruised!

gwls

gwls

Awards
  • Established
I'm too lazy to buy iPhone 4 :lol:
Problem just well it was the 4 with a metal surround, reckon a plastic composite one would have cracked!!!

But I agree you're far too lazy :lol:

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Knowing is half the battle. I too am too lazy for an iphone. Or so I thought until I went from a qwerty keyboard to one of the regular keypad phones again. Man I need a qwerty keyboard!!!!

scope75

scope75

Awards
  • Established
What do u guys mean to lazy for an iPhone??
It's the easiest and simplest phone to use!!

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
of what I have, the one across the sternum was the worst. No padding there.

gwls

gwls

Awards
  • Established
Het guys! Wife and I had a night away without the kids!!! Just back... Will update the log on yesterday's workouts later!

gwls

gwls

Awards
  • Established
Guys, i think you know that i am now planning to run this for the full 8 weeks- and i would like to add a DAA product & possibly another/different cortisol control product to the second next 4 weeks - was considering EPharms product... Would TCF-1 be a better idea?

Looking for honest advice here guys....

gwls

gwls

Awards
  • Established
Also for cort control? ERASE?!? Natty when will NP have stock again?

gwls

gwls

Awards
  • Established
Workout – Saturday 11th September 2010

TaeKwonDo

Even though the “team” had left for world champs and the focus had shifted away from sparring onto pre-grading sessions, the fitness element of the workout remained pretty intense, by the end of the first 20 mins I now well and truly sweating and slightly breathless. Not much else to report, by now you've heard it all before, but if we do somethiing different or new going forward i'll provide a detailed update.

Gym

Seated Dumbell Press – 22lbs
30/25/20/15/10

Yep neither you nor me would be happy with the weight lifted on that one, but the simple fact of the matter is my left shoulder wouldn't do the first rep with any higher weight... so 22lbs it was, really having to concentrate on tempo and form – whilst disappointed with weight, I guess for a 100 reps I can't complain too much!

Barbell Upright Row – 33lbs
30/25/20/15/10

Was really feeling pretty pumped by this stage!

Barbell Cuban Press – 33lbs
30/25/20/15/10

Another one of those “Who invented these? They suck!!” - took me ages to complete my 5 sets, shoulder was an inferno by this point.

Dumbbell Preacher Curls – 22lbs

Had a nice little bicep peak from this, I wonder what is the best exercise to increase the “peak”, i'm going to do some reading on this and factor in to future workouts

Decided on some floor work...

Gym Ball Diamond Press Up
25/15/10

Oblique Crunches
25/15/10

V-Sits
25/15/10

Workout – Monday 13th September 2010

TaeKwonDo – 2.5 hrs pure hell, some new technical stuff as well (which I suck at, but will have to practice) finished the second session with 200 continious punches.... yes folks, normal punishment rules apply, anyone not applying proper technique or power, when spotted, had to drop and give burpees – this week I did not fail and completed my punches without incident!!

Workout – Tuesday 14th September 2010

Gym

Dumbbell Flye – 26lbs
30/25/20/15/10

Machine Reverse Flye - 44lbs
30/25/20/15/10

Incline Dumbbell Press – 33lbs
30/25/20/15/10

Low Cable Face Pull - 33lbs
30/25/20/15/10

Reverse Seated Crunch
30/25/20/15/10

Decline Ab Crunch
30/25/20/15/10

Pretty much i'm in good spirits which is fortunate, since work is VERY busy at the moment and there is a lot going on, I have to credit this to the stack, since I really think I should be sick or at least very tired physically, I am sleeping well, and feel rested on waking, DOMS continues to subside and yet I honestly don't believe I can physcially push myself further presently and I think endurance is UP!

On a disappointing note, I am not feeling any leaner, BUT I think this might be down to diet over the weekend where avoiding carbs was almost impossible. I am going to weigh in sometime this week, but I would rather be depleted since my first weigh in and measurements were in a depleted state. Bear with me i'll get some stats, and new pics up whether worthy or not!

Reef Line Up.jpg

gwls

gwls

Awards
  • Established
I forgot to mention, since no one commented :wink: i've gone ahead and ordered the following

TCF-1
Erase
Swole Stack

from NP, so that takes care of next month, i'm going to drop the LeanX and I should have enough ECA to get me through to the end, with erase acting as cort control.

LG AP has now also run out... but like the ASGT, taking a break, think I can manage pre-workout with my current list of supps and I have some Argie in the cupboard which i'll add to my BCAA intra drink

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I forgot to mention, since no one commented :wink: i've gone ahead and ordered the following

TCF-1
Erase
Swole Stack

from NP, so that takes care of next month, i'm going to drop the LeanX and I should have enough ECA to get me through to the end, with erase acting as cort control.

LG AP has now also run out... but like the ASGT, taking a break, think I can manage pre-workout with my current list of supps and I have some Argie in the cupboard which i'll add to my BCAA intra drink
Damn that is sweet.

edwitt

edwitt

Awards
  • Established
The pic above is just fine ;)

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Pretty much i'm in good spirits which is fortunate, since work is VERY busy at the moment and there is a lot going on, I have to credit this to the stack, since I really think I should be sick or at least very tired physically, I am sleeping well, and feel rested on waking, DOMS continues to subside and yet I honestly don't believe I can physcially push myself further presently and I think endurance is UP!

On a disappointing note, I am not feeling any leaner, BUT I think this might be down to diet over the weekend where avoiding carbs was almost impossible. I am going to weigh in sometime this week, but I would rather be depleted since my first weigh in and measurements were in a depleted state. Bear with me i'll get some stats, and new pics up whether worthy or not!

View attachment 35263

Good job getting in the workouts and glad your in good spirits.

fats are what cause most fat gain more so then carbs.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

TCF-1
Erase
Swole Stack

Yah that's basically the stack I have been talking about a lot. I will know more when I try erase.

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

TCF-1
Erase
Swole Stack

Stack looks good mate. And your workouts are on point also. Keep up the good work!!!:head:

gwls

gwls

Awards
  • Established
Yah that's basically the stack I have been talking about a lot. I will know more when I try erase.
Yep, what can I say, you inspired me... but of course if I looked like you, i'm not sure i'd still need to stacking anything other than basic staples!!! does make me wonder if one can ever reach nirvana?!?

I had already been thinking of ERASE when first released but didn't appreciate that it would help with cort control, so went with LX instead, I think the 4 week run on SWOLE is too short, so extending that has opened up an opportunity to change some things and see what happens!

gwls

gwls

Awards
  • Established
Stack looks good mate. And your workouts are on point also. Keep up the good work!!!:head:
thanks TG!!! just finishing up here and now going to TKD training for tonights little cardio/fitness/a$$ kicking session, then some quality sleep and to the gym in the morning.... just keep on trucking!!!

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
basically thats what i'm running, other than that i'm using bulk sodium d-aspartate instead of TCF-1. Pretty nice so far

EMARTIN

Awards
  • Established
.....but of course if I looked like you, i'm not sure i'd still need to stacking anything other than basic staples!!! does make me wonder if one can ever reach nirvana?!?
I can TOTALLY appreciate that setiment!!!! I'm a newbie at this with only a few years of serious lifting under my belt and I feel like i dropped weight, got healthier, but cant seem to find the size / shape / look I am after. I was not expecting instant Arnold or even Arnold at all but I was expecting more for the punishment that I am inflicting on my poor body...

Keep it up!!!!!!

gwls

gwls

Awards
  • Established
I can TOTALLY appreciate that setiment!!!! I'm a newbie at this with only a few years of serious lifting under my belt and I feel like i dropped weight, got healthier, but cant seem to find the size / shape / look I am after. I was not expecting instant Arnold or even Arnold at all but I was expecting more for the punishment that I am inflicting on my poor body...

Keep it up!!!!!!
Thanks bro! You know I will