Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Touey

Touey

Awards
Meh...I love the science going around...but even from me, who was a major idiot some months back, I know the cycle of negativism is still on going and should stop :(! Would love the supportive, nice, amiable AM I met when I joined!
:toofunny: lol on I know eveyone love the Celorza, maybe when you join up it has all gone down the hill:toofunny:. Am only joking Celorza I love how you are always speaking from the heart and too also trying to became better all the time:).

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I think there's a lot to be lost for some companies if our protein makes theirs unnecessary. That might explain some of the negativity today. We're proud of our product and will defend it getting run down before a scoop has even hit a consumer's mouth.
i didn't put in an app to log pf3, but if the logs look good i will buy some....and if they don't i won't.

i am not bill nye the science guy, i need to hear people i trust tell me it works and what it does.......this means more to me than all of the scientific bullsheit.

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Funny thing is the negativity is from the same group of individuals and their groupies......
I know right :( it's even hard to try a different theme or attitude because people are so fixed on the past, or their posses that they don't like anything that's not posted by the people they already know and accept...heck I remember my very first posts here in AM everyone welcomed me gladly, and true even when I messed up and all I still just wanted (and want to) stick around and keep learning and supporting as much as I can together with people :( sadly...yeah, I feel the pessimistic attitude Admin mentions is gonna be hard to deal with...

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
:toofunny: lol on the big time I know eveyone gotta love the Celorza, maybe when you join up it has all gone down the hill:toofunny:. Am only joking Celorza I love how you are always speaking from the heart and also trying to became better all the time:).
Not sure if sarcasm ¬¬' but I AM an emotional child in a 22 y.o. body haha...just trying new things. Life teaches yah hard lessons when it slams you on the ground so you learn to humble up...

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
i didn't put in an app to log pf3, but if the logs look good i will buy some....and if they don't i won't.

i am not bill nye the science guy, i need to hear people i trust tell me it works and what it does.......this means more to me than all of the scientific bullsheit.
ehhhhh, mr wizard is better

Touey

Touey

Awards
Not sure if sarcasm ¬¬' but I AM an emotional child in a 22 y.o. body haha...just trying new things. Life teaches yah hard lessons when it slams you on the ground so you learn to humble up...
No not at all sarcasm just some little joking on the friendly way. Am rooting for you Celorza.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
I suppose ill play nicer in the future. Lets not forget though, that some of the post productive discussions have come out of healthy skepticism. This isn't directed towards MAN...I haven't liked the bioactive peptide advertising since Bio Gro several months ago. And that's nothing against Isatori either...it's just tough for me to say nothing when what I learn from bright minds, not in forums but real PhDs, goes against an advertising claim. But I'll be more open minded from now on and let the people decide what works. Anyone can "try" something, but you truly make your vote when you make a repeat purchase. So that is indeed what I'll follow

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
And admin, don't change the rules! There's a reason we love AM. Would you rather see every free thinker banned like in the "other place?" ;)

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I suppose ill play nicer in the future. Lets not forget though, that some of the post productive discussions have come out of healthy skepticism. This isn't directed towards MAN...I haven't liked the bioactive peptide advertising since Bio Gro several months ago. And that's nothing against Isatori either...it's just tough for me to say nothing when what I learn from bright minds, not in forums but real PhDs, goes against an advertising claim. But I'll be more open minded from now on and let the people decide what works. Anyone can "try" something, but you truly make your vote when you make a repeat purchase. So that is indeed what I'll follow
I agree with this. My vote is also 4 tubs deep now into Bio Gro since the first tub impressed me quite a bit. LoL. PF3 might get my votes as well if my first curiosity purchase turns out to be positive. The joy of trying out new supplements.

Touey

Touey

Awards
Hoping not to get a banning here... many sites am I member on BB- anit-age- general health most people on are all from Europe taking themselves on the so seriously making fun of American doctors as they are not know which of the ends is up, on about American sites like here about only shilling but they are missing on the boat when it comes to being yourself and having some little fun. So hoping coop nor others will lose on the desire for seeking out truth even to taking a hit on the popularity charts.

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Its not about being nicer, its just acknowledging that for the most part, we all got into this for the same reason (or slight variations). Most of the companies here don't have huge ad budgets. They don't blanket the magazines. They started from people working towards a goal...usually one guy, not out to "trick you" into buying something.

I just think we all have more in common that we think and I would rather new members feel welcomed and not afraid to ask something for fear they get ridiculed for not being up to date with the current literature. We need to mello out a bit and not think every company here is trying to suck the money out your wallet and take off running with it. I have talked to these people in the past 10 years and many are good people, trying to put out good products. Yes, there are bad apples, but most are not. I'm looking for a more positive, supportive and motivational membership. Its good for all of us.

Soapbox over :)

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
it's just tough for me to say nothing when what I learn from bright minds, not in forums but real PhDs, goes against an advertising claim. But I'll be more open minded from now on and let the people decide what works.
Having been in your position many years ago, I also found out several times they simply are wrong. Its an industry in which your PhD's and the intellectual community frowns upon.

The reality is, there isn't a company out there that doesn't have questionable marketing. People take a leap of faith whether on the developer side or consumer side. Some more than others.

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I agree with this. My vote is also 4 tubs deep now into Bio Gro since the first tub impressed me quite a bit. LoL. PF3 might get my votes as well if my first curiosity purchase turns out to be positive. The joy of trying out new supplements.
Especially at an introductory price. If the feedback gets better, you'll regret having to pay a higher price for it!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Having been in your position many years ago, I also found out several times they simply are wrong. Its an industry in which your PhD's and the intellectual community frowns upon.

The reality is, there isn't a company out there that doesn't have questionable marketing. People take a leap of faith whether on the developer side or consumer side. Some more than others.
:cheers: the phd's should be more concerned with all of the recalls in the pharma industry, imo.

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
That's the nice Cybear I know and wuv <3 , now send me nudes and the cycle of pessimism will be over! You know, good karma and all that going around :D!

xhrr

Awards
:cheers: the phd's should be more concerned with all of the recalls in the pharma industry, imo.
Haha nice I love when people bring irrelevant topics into conversation in attempt to prove a point. That steroidal AI you have a boner for started out in pharma. I have nothing vested in that industry either I trust them as much as our government.

The supplement industry is also taking some heat too for spiked products and has recalls as well so I'm not sure what point you are trying to convey.

I think the negativity is deserved honestly. Companies are spending more money on marketing than ever and are constantly trying to one up each other and this is the root of the negativity. Companies are making more absurd claims than ever before and have practically no evidence to support their claims. People spend a lot of money thinking they will reap the benefits of the next great product and are constantly let down, not always but the majority of the time. Skepticism is necessary for growth and without it I would have blown way too much money on BS. Companies are making bolder claims that the supplements they sell can just not hold up to and people are getting discouraged which in turn breeds negativity. It isn't enough to stop people to keep looking for that magic pill but the smarter people on this board realize that. We are consuming things now which will impact our health now and in the future, sorry if I want a little evidence or science backing it, sorry if I'm cautiously optimistic, sorry I'm not ignorant enough to trust every word a salesmen spews from his mouth which is then relayed by reps.

BigRigg

BigRigg

Awards
waiting to see this introductory price :p If its low enough I might try, need to be able to compare bio gro to something

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Haha nice I love when people bring irrelevant topics into conversation in attempt to prove a point. That steroidal AI you have a boner for started out in pharma. I have nothing vested in that industry either I trust them as much as our government.

The supplement industry is also taking some heat too for spiked products and has recalls as well so I'm not sure what point you are trying to convey.

I think the negativity is deserved honestly. Companies are spending more money on marketing than ever and are constantly trying to one up each other and this is the root of the negativity. Companies are making more absurd claims than ever before and have practically no evidence to support their claims. People spend a lot of money thinking they will reap the benefits of the next great product and are constantly let down, not always but the majority of the time. Skepticism is necessary for growth and without it I would have blown way too much money on BS. Companies are making bolder claims that the supplements they sell can just not hold up to and people are getting discouraged which in turn breeds negativity. It isn't enough to stop people to keep looking for that magic pill but the smarter people on this board realize that. We are consuming things now which will impact our health now and in the future, sorry if I want a little evidence or science backing it, sorry if I'm cautiously optimistic, sorry I'm not ignorant enough to trust every word a salesmen spews from his mouth which is then relayed by reps.
You've been around for a while bro. I think what Admin, and some of us, referred to is not directly the skepticism (in the light of negativism, which it really isn't) but the negativism that has taken a dark cloud over AM where members are shunning one another, or acting like detectives to find who posted what, when or where or even why...I guess AM used to be more welcoming before, at least it was when I joined.

Now one can't see a simple question like :

"I'm taking Glutamine , Creatine and BCAA's pre and post workout! But I loose muscle by the time i wake up, how much more glutamine and bcaas should I take!? I already take 10g of creatine!"

That instead of being nice enough and explaining why scientifically Glutamine is useless, pointless and a wallet-leaning supplement, in NICE and LAYMANS terms
they will shun him for using it , or for taking bcaa's of not a particular brand or dosage at the appropriate times...Hell even I made that mistake some months ago, but I remember my much older posts where I would go on to write like 3 parragrahps being nice and trying to explain and recommend something scientifically , empirically and realistically better...but now idk, it just feels different. I guess we should all remember we don't know it all, and we can always learn something new or be willing to help someone learn something new.

Which of us hasn't ever taken a supplement without any scientific backing or anything of the like , and still got benefits from it? Hell I know peeps that took Tribulus from USP or anyone else and swear their test went up and aggression too without any bloods, but the motivational value of it, pushed them to go even harder, get stricter diets to make it worth the buy, and to achieve their goals. That's what I think admin mentioned before...I know when I took Glutamine a long time ago, I could swear I recovered faster. Even if I didn't, if it was placebo, did it not help? It did :p! We should all remember we are not IFBB or USAPL pro's (well some here are USAPL or any other PL federation pro's hehe). And even if we were...we should help people strive and keep at it so they can reach any of us (IF WE WERE) and surpass us...that's what AM was , is and should always be about....

Touey

Touey

Awards
.I know when I took Glutamine a long time ago, I could swear I recovered faster. Even if I didn't, if it was placebo, did it not help? It did ! .
I love Celorza is too funny plus entertaining but with some philosophical thrown in on the mix lol.:)

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established

Actually companies are spending less on marketing and looking more towards online than ever. Its cheaper and more effective IMO.

What you describe isn't anything different than when PA and Bill L used to go at it on bb.com. What you have now is not owners going at it, but reps...

If you actually think its worse now than it was 5-10-15 years ago, then you weren't around. You just see some high profile cases and think thats the industry at large....and its not.

The reps will look back 5-10 years form now and realize how much time they spent fighting over.....supplements....and realize just how much energy they wasted.

Touey

Touey

Awards
The reps will look back 5-10 years form now and realize how much time they spent fighting over.....supplements....and realize just how much energy they wasted.
Or perhaps will they be reliving their days of glory when some great battles were they having:D:p:)

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Or perhaps will they be reliving their days of glory when some great battles were they having:D:p:)
No, they won't..especially the ones that get sued for what they post on a forum.

macdady

macdady

Awards
Lol all the brain power in here makes me realize how little I know haha

Touey

Touey

Awards
No, they won't..especially the ones that get sued for what they post on a forum.
my wife is a lawyer so having it up to there with her relating to me the stories on her day I will not want to be hearing more on that one for now I hope.

hardwork25

hardwork25

Awards
Never mind, it's the same spiel as Bio-gro...active IGF-1 and other growth factors and peptides. But these peptides all get hydrolyzed in the gut and are too large for jejunel transporters, so most of it will be absorbed and broken down into...2.6g of amino acids. The exceptions are neonates, people with Crohn's disease, and marathon runners, all of which have either leaky guts or severe immunological deficits

Could you explain further for people with Crohn's disease please?

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards

Amen admin. I can tell when you're off cycle because you're logical and loving :D

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Could you explain further for people with Crohn's disease please?
In Crohn's disease, tight junctions are faulty or absent, resulting in flux of large molecules that normally aren't absorbed by enterocytes. This is not a good thing

Touey

Touey

Awards
In Crohn's disease, tight junctions are faulty or absent, resulting in flux of large molecules that normally aren't absorbed by enterocytes. This is not a good thing
coop saves Americas some ten millions a year on rooting out some issues before heading on for the doctors.

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Amen admin. I can tell when you're off cycle because you're logical and loving :D
My anus...i mean account tickets still remember when he was last on cycle :p!

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Celorza, you compete USAPL? (I wonder mostly because you specifically mentioned USAPL)

I remember, back in the day, you had just started PLing but you don't seem to keep logs anymore so I don't know if you still do.

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
hardwork25

hardwork25

Awards

Yes def not a good thing. I have Crohn's. lol. Any thoughts on what supps help with barrier function and mucosal integrity?

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
You recently had kids?

For some reason, I always assumed you have had children for a good while....
Yes. Two in last 4 years.

hardwork25

hardwork25

Awards
coop saves Americas some ten millions a year on rooting out some issues before heading on for the doctors.

Regardless of what coop says I still think people should find a reliable doc that they can go too. No offense coop but my gastroenterologist can stick his finger up my arse and you can't. Hahaha.

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Celorza, you compete USAPL? (I wonder mostly because you specifically mentioned USAPL)

I remember, back in the day, you had just started PLing but you don't seem to keep logs anymore so I don't know if you still do.
Maybe it's the way I mentioned it! It is my intention to go into it early next year. I have not kept logs, perhaps mistakenly, because I had surgery a while ago and couldn't train properly and lost a good deal of strength. Perhaps it's my shame for losing physique and strength goals, but bdcc has mentioned that I do have to keep accountability and has been amazing in supporting me with motivation. I should start an accountability log hehe.

But to directly answer it, no James, not yet :) I will however do everything I can to do so. Someone very dear to me passed away and I will dedicate any place I get (even if it's not a winning place) to him and his faith he had in me.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Regardless of what coop says I still think people should find a reliable doc that they can go too. No offense coop but my gastroenterologist can stick his finger up my arse and you can't. Hahaha.
110%. I seriously (seriously) hope no one ever construes anything as medical advice over the internet. Without a patient history and physical exam (which can uncover 95% of diagnoses in primary care), we're just talking about pathophysiology in general terms (as I was with Crohn's).

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Congrats Admin, I'm sure they can be quite the handful lol.

But, back to the topic at hand.

I'm just gonna see what the logs say, if enough people notice something positive then it may be worth trying.

I don't necessarily believe much of what I ever see in marketing, but I do trust (some) anecdotal feedback. Hell, like Celorza said, even if its placebo all the way its still forward progress that couldn't have happened without the product.

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
I think he is kinda in it for the thrill of it brother...I had not known a gastro that liked sticking fingers up asses hahaha. A urologist however, yeah.

Touey

Touey

Awards
:toofunny:coop will not have a responding on that one to bet 10 on 1 for

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Maybe it's the way I mentioned it! It is my intention to go into it early next year. I have not kept logs, perhaps mistakenly, because I had surgery a while ago and couldn't train properly and lost a good deal of strength. Perhaps it's my shame for losing physique and strength goals, but bdcc has mentioned that I do have to keep accountability and has been amazing in supporting me with motivation. I should start an accountability log hehe.

But to directly answer it, no James, not yet :) I will however do everything I can to do so. Someone very dear to me passed away and I will dedicate any place I get (even if it's not a winning place) to him and his faith he had in me.
Looked into any other feds?

I know you live in Texas (west, maybe?). But there are a lot more PLers now than there used to be and it would probably be worth logging your training to help get training/form critiques to get better.

I keep one here, and am honestly surprised you haven't joined in since coming back (even if we do squabble occasionally.)