People suspecting you use?

holysnikey

Awards
I just set my own. Found out my BMR bumped it up 500 cals, did a 40/40/20 split and just tried to eat as much clean, whole foods as possible with the exception of protein shakes and some weight gainer in the beginning. I had a very poor appetite when I started but as I grew, worked out and got use to the large amount of calories it started being mostly whole foods except for usually 2 pure protein shakes a day. I found I had to adjust my cals to be a little more fat and a little less carbs so it is now 40/30/30.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Dr.Stri8ed

Dr.Stri8ed

Awards
Did you all set your own diet? Or did you have help with dietition? I'm working on my diet but I feel I am missing something. Just dont want to spend money on a dietitian if I can do it myself.
Get your BMR tested if u can, that's the most accurate way. There's a lot of factors that go into your metabolism and know your exact numbers will only help u in calculating your calories depending on your goal.

Johnnyboy004

Johnnyboy004

Awards
I just set my own. Found out my BMR bumped it up 500 cals, did a 40/40/20 split and just tried to eat as much clean, whole foods as possible with the exception of protein shakes and some weight gainer in the beginning. I had a very poor appetite when I started but as I grew, worked out and got use to the large amount of calories it started being mostly whole foods except for usually 2 pure protein shakes a day. I found I had to adjust my cals to be a little more fat and a little less carbs so it is now 40/30/30.

Did you ever try throwing some avocado and cottage cheese in your shake? Doesnt taste so hot but adds healthy fat and protein at same time.

holysnikey

Awards
I hate cottage cheese haha but I do eat some avocado weekly because I eat a lot of sushi. I get most of the fat from fish, nuts, dairy and eggs. Thinking about the consistency and taste of that shake is nauseating lol I also take a few grams of fish oil a day but I don't calculate it intoy calories.

SuperPro

SuperPro

Awards
I have set my own diet but it's still far from perfect. I did have a friend I worked out with for awhile who was going to school to be a nutritionist, which I think helped, got a lot of advice from him. Mostly I've done a lot of reading though, and I take grains of info from bodybuilding videos I watch also. The biggest change for me is that now I'm getting a lot more protein, carbs, and cals from what I'm eating and less from shakes and supps.

holysnikey

Awards
Yea like I said a huge change in my diet like yours is I'm getting my nutrition from real foods except for 1-2 shakes a day and if I am having a bad day as far as appetite I will make a gainer shake but its very rare as of late.