Pantothenic Acid?

spirall08

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What is the proper dosage?

Think I read 10g/day? But @ 500mg pills, that doesn't seem right.

Have pretty bad acne on my back/shoulders. Dr. prescribed an anti biotic/vitamin A cream but hasn't made too much of a difference. Want to avoid accutane if I can.

Thanks.

Red9

Red9

Awards

Have pretty bad acne on my back/shoulders. Dr. prescribed an anti biotic/vitamin A cream but hasn't made too much of a difference. Want to avoid accutane if I can.

Thanks.
I've been taking Pantothenic Acid for a few months now. Took a couple weeks to work, but I found that between 300-500mg works best. Most guys find this to be best as well. Kept me from breaking out during cycle and pct. Great stuff, and cheap.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Thanks.
Ya you are right. I have read that 10g is needed to be most effective, but many ppl got nothing from it. Then others get something from 1g a day.

Red9

Red9

Awards
Guys really...10g? Lol that's ridiculous. So you're gunna take 20 of the 500mg pills daily? That's insane and not even a good idea. My 500mg bottle says take ONE capsule daily. And when I had the 100mg pills, they said take 1-5 pills daily.

I'm not sure who said 10g is effective, or where you are hearing this...but you guys got misleading info. I promise.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm not recommending that at all, just saying I have heard of that protocol, which I think is ridiculous and would never do that. If I had bad acne, the only real cure and most effective is accutane, even though it can have bad side effects.

spirall08

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yea def trying to avoid accutane.

Im starting off w 1g/day. Maybe Ill bump it up to 2 at the most.

Red9

Red9

Awards
I'm not recommending that at all, just saying I have heard of that protocol, which I think is ridiculous and would never do that. If I had bad acne, the only real cure and most effective is accutane, even though it can have bad side effects.
Yea def trying to avoid accutane.

Im starting off w 1g/day. Maybe Ill bump it up to 2 at the most.
Yeah, for me personally accutane would definitely be the LAST thing I would try. I am extremely ance prone, and at just 300mg of pantothenic acid it cleared my face up dramatically within about two weeks. Again, I wouldn't go with 1 or 2 grams of it..that's way overkill IMO

..but to each his own

spirall08

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, for me personally accutane would definitely be the LAST thing I would try. I am extremely ance prone, and at just 300mg of pantothenic acid it cleared my face up dramatically within about two weeks. Again, I wouldn't go with 1 or 2 grams of it..that's way overkill IMO

..but to each his own

Thanks bro... Will give it a go at 1g for a couple weeks. Luckily, no acne on my face... just shoulders and back. Also have vitamin A cream prescribed from the Doc. Lets see how this goes.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
The 10g protocol is based on some iffy anecdotes/clinical observations of a Dr. I tried it years ago and it was a serious pain to dose, kinda sorta worked a little, but ultimately too hard to comply with.