Vitamin b5 for acne (pantothenic acid)

hide83

Awards
Has anyone had success with megadosed b5 to treat acne caused by anabolics? Supposedly it slows down oil production in the sebaceous glands. It seems much safer than something like accutane.

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
believe you are referring to the study back in 1997- believe it was more of a hypothesis than a study- there are more reasons to believe this is theory is more inaccurate. there is no credible evidence to prove this. leungs study was never published- cant find it- also, his study was done near a time that a product that was coming out- really fishy-

b5 is great, but for acne, ehh

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
A lot of people have had great results dosing at 10g a day. I tried a couple times a couple years ago, I can't remember if it helped.

I just finished a 3 month run of Minocycline that was unsuccessful and my doctor wanted to put me on accutane but I decided not to because I don't want ED for the rest of my life lmao

I'm about to try the acne.org regimen to clear up my back and arms, they got bad on my most recent cycle of test and Tren. I'm now two months post PCT without much luck of it clearing.

I plan on trying some more pantothenic acid soon. I know Black Lion Research had Acnedren which was Vitamin b5 and LCLT(, I think. I don't remember the dosages but LCLT helps somehow, I just haven't looked why yet.

Maybe brundel can help me out here.

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
i am sure science has advanced so if this does help people, its a great thing

hide83

Awards
I'm actually using a gram 3x daily now along with l carnitine- I'll update the thread with my results. I'm in Pct now. I've had mild/moderate acne on my back chest and shoulders since I was a kid and this last cycle made it worse- not a lot worse but there's a definite increase.