Ostarine - Partially suppressive

Status
Not open for further replies.

armanm75

Awards
Ur gonna go blind!!! :p
I don't know why u guys always exaggerate this vision side effect thing, it is really not a big deal, u just experience it maybe 2-3 minutes of the whole day, it is not permanent, and it s over by the time u finish your cycle anyway.
most probably u are not gonna experience it at all if u don't exceed, 50 mgs a day anyway.
I've never tried any steroids in my life but deciding to start s4, cjc1295+ghrp6 stack and it was the best decision i made for exercise purposes, i ll talk about my osta experiences as well once i m done with my first month of using it.
Peace..

jgassen15

jgassen15

Awards
I'm not taking either side here, I'm simply saying there is a chance that Ostarine caused the suppression, and to dismiss that is ignorant. LH will respond immediately once androgen levels drop and GnRH is activated. He was off 3 days which may or may not be long enough for the hpta to begin recovering.

Lol and what do u mean I'm 100% wrong... The
Percent of hypogonadal men at age 30 is waaaay less than not, so not sure what your getting at. Yes it's possible but still like I said, I have yet to see any data showing pre and post bloodwork using bodybuilding doses. So prove it wrong with data, or accept the fact that this is as reputable as anything else that has been posted
I'm not saying it is or isn't suppressive, i do think pre-post bloods are necessary for any conclusions to be drawn on using ostarine at "bodybuilding" doses, not the doses used in the original studies which were much lower. However, I think you'd be surprised how many 30 year olds are hypogonadal, particularly in America... and it's climbing whether they had prior AAS use or not... average t levels in men were reported to be 300 ng/dl higher in the 1940's than they are today.

OnTheRoadTo

Awards
  • Established
After 5 weeks at between 12.5 and 25 (not measuring all that well) I would say that ostarine may be mildly suppressive, but not anything near a real steroid. I'll probably pop a SERM for a week after, "just in case"

drudixon

Awards
I don't know why u guys always exaggerate this vision side effect thing, it is really not a big deal
I have Usher Syndrome which is RP (Tunnel Vision + Night Blindness) and deafness. I haven't been able to drive a car in 9 years due to my vision getting worse. In my opinion, until there's some long term studies that prove S4 won't cause long term vision loss, it's probably best to stay away from it.

Don't forget, the eye is like any other organ, and dependent on protein synthesis for proper function. In my case, my DNA is out of sequence, so one of the key proteins my eyes construct is made out of sequence. So, when the protein diffuses from the retinal epithelial cell that made it, the protein maneuvers the Rhodopsin layer to the neurons that use it, but the amino acids are mis-sequenced, so that the active transport that would ordinarily occur when insulin binds with the neuron and the protein never occurs. So, the neurons are starved of the protein they need, then, eventually, the pileup of misformed proteins becomes so much, that the neurons are choked off altogether.

I've oversimplified this whole process, and left out all the bits about Vit A Palmitate binding to lipids which are used in polypeptide bonds etc. I'm also not a Doctor, so just repeating the research that's been told to me.

Cliffs:
Eye = Complex
Don't mess with eyes or:
Don't drive, can't find your seat in movie theater, can't see mates rack in ambient mood lighting, can't find your golf ball after you hit it...

My 2 Cents

Jaduar

Awards
Sorry about the significant delay in posting my results. I've been relocating across Australia, so not much internet access throughout the desert.

Serum GH 12.2mU/L (0.2-20.0)
Serum Prolactin 399mU/L (53-360)
Serum LH 3.5 (0.8-7.6)
Serum FSH 1.8 (0.7-11)
Serum B-Estradiol 72pmol/L (<206)
Serum Testo: 20.3nmol/L (8.5-55)

Appears my levels have bounced back. I feel the same as pre-ostarine, and have lost very little strength or muscle so all good.

Movin_weight

Movin_weight

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for posting, did you use anything for a pct before the test

BigBlackGuy

BigBlackGuy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sorry about the significant delay in posting my results. I've been relocating across Australia, so not much internet access throughout the desert.

Serum GH 12.2mU/L (0.2-20.0)
Serum Prolactin 399mU/L (53-360)
Serum LH 3.5 (0.8-7.6)
Serum FSH 1.8 (0.7-11)
Serum B-Estradiol 72pmol/L (<206)
Serum Testo: 20.3nmol/L (8.5-55)

Appears my levels have bounced back. I feel the same as pre-ostarine, and have lost very little strength or muscle so all good.
So Ostarine was mildly suppressive in you?

Edit: Oh man, 8~ to 20.3? That's a big jump.

tank8140

Awards
Are you sure what you actually got was Ostarine? It seems strange that yours were in gelatin capsles, perhaps it could have been S-4. What color was the powder?

Jaduar

Awards
Are you sure what you actually got was Ostarine? It seems strange that yours were in gelatin capsles, perhaps it could have been S-4. What color was the powder?
Yes, I got >99% pure white ostarine powder and personally weighed it out myself into the capsules. The only reason all you guys are getting it in a suspension because you are using a middle man, who is saving himself time and money by not placing it in capsules. S4 of these doses would have close to nil effect, so yes it is ostarine. It is straight from a pharmaceutical company.

tank8140

Awards
Yes, I got >99% pure white ostarine powder and personally weighed it out myself into the capsules. The only reason all you guys are getting it in a suspension because you are using a middle man, who is saving himself time and money by not placing it in capsules. S4 of these doses would have close to nil effect, so yes it is ostarine. It is straight from a pharmaceutical company.
Ok man, thats fine. I understand how a suspension/solution works i just thought it was odd that you were able to get ahold of 99% pure powder. You just must have some good sources up your sleave.

Good point about the S-4, i didn't think of that.

Human Rocket

Awards
If you've tired both there's no way you'd ever confuse ostarine for S4. Very different effects from each compound. And S4 has the vision sides. Color and taste are also very different.

raptor20561

Awards
alrright, so it might be suppressive and it might not be... better safe than sorry, right? what are some ideas on a PCT after 8 weeks of Ostarine ran at ~25-50mg daily? people have access to PCT supps. so instead of arguing about how suppressive it is, people should be recommending PCT supps to those that are thinking about running an Ostarine cycle

Movin_weight

Movin_weight

Awards
  • Established
Saw this pop up on another forum... 1/3 drop in test levels in 1 week at only 10mg

Hi there,

Before anyone accuses me of forum spamming, I have placed this post on three other forums and have had no replies apart from one guy asking me what Ostarine was. I am hoping that I have finally found a place where someone will have some insight into this….

I wanted to share some blood work and get some thoughts on the results.

On the 7th of Feb I started taking Ostarine staring at 5 mg per day and going up to 10 mg. Before I started I had a full baseline blood test on the 4th of Feb (see below), this test flagged little to be concerned about. The cholesterol level was a little elevated and I started taking Benecol (daily drink) to help bring the numbers back to the “normal” range this.
I have experienced the following side effects from the drug:

First couple of days: Slight head ache, possibly a slight increase in libido.
Ongoing:
Lethargy (this is the biggest issue though it does not affect workouts)
Sleep disturbance, mainly due to what appears to be an increased body temperature.
Thirst
Increased appetite
Slight acid reflux (this was experienced last night). I have only had this happen one other time when taking anti malarial drugs (unfortunate side effect of the drugs).

Blood pressure has been totally normal throughout.

As you can see below, the second blood work dated 14th Feb shows, fewer issues (see with*) after taking the drug than before, apart from what appears to be a significant drop in total Testosterone levels. This is something I had not expected as the drug is meant to have little or no suppression.
I would be interested in getting opinions on this.
Could this change from 15.9 nmol/L to 9.6 nmol/L be a normal daily fluctuation in Testosterone level? It does seem to be quite a large 1/3 fluctuation.
If this is symptoms of suppression, this is quite fast (week) in happening for a drug that is meant to have little or no suppression.

Thanks.

RESULTS Base Line. 4th of Feb 2011

HAEMATOLOGY
HAEMOGLOBIN 15.0 g/dL 13.0 - 17.0
HCT 0.442 0.37 - 0.50
RED CELL COUNT 5.08 x10^12/L 4.40 - 5.80
MCV 87.0 fL 80 - 99
MCH 29.5 pg 26.0 - 33.5
MCHC 33.9 g/dL 30 - 35
RDW 13.9 11.5 - 15.0
PLATELET COUNT 209 x10^9/L 150 - 400
MPV 11.3 fL 7 - 13
WHITE CELL COUNT 5.67 x10^9/L 3.0 - 10.0
Neutrophils 2.46 x10^9/L 2.0 - 7.5
Lymphocytes 2.31 x10^9/L 1.2 - 3.65
Monocytes 0.51 x10^9/L 0.2 - 1.0
Eosinophils 0.37 x10^9/L 0.0 - 0.4
Basophils 0.02 x10^9/L 0.0 - 0.1
All cell populations appear normal.
ESR 6 mm/hr 1 - 10
BIOCHEMISTRY
SODIUM 144 mmol/L 135 - 145
POTASSIUM 4.0 mmol/L 3.5 - 5.1
CHLORIDE 104 mmol/L 98 - 107
BICARBONATE 27 mmol/l 22 - 29
UREA 6.2 mmol/L 1.7 - 8.3
CREATININE 80 umol/L 66 - 112
BILIRUBIN 15 umol/L 0 - 20
ALKALINE PHOSPHATASE *38 IU/L 40 - 129
ASPARTATE TRANSFERASE 18 IU/L 0 - 37
ALANINE TRANSFERASE 21 IU/L 10 - 50
LDH 270 IU/L 240 - 480
CK 93 IU/L 38 - 204
GAMMA GT 27 IU/L 10 - 71
Please note new reference range effective 22/09/09
TOTAL PROTEIN 71 g/L 63 - 83
ALBUMIN *51 g/L 34 - 50
GLOBULIN 20 g/L 19 - 35
CALCIUM 2.39 mmol/L 2.15 - 2.55
Corrected Calcium 2.24 mmol/L 2.15 - 2.55
PHOSPHATE 1.28 mmol/L 0.87 - 1.45
URIC ACID 344 umol/L 266 - 474
FASTING BLOOD GLUCOSE 4.7 mmol/L 3.9 - 5.8
FASTING TRIGLYCERIDES 0.9 mmol/L < 2.3
FASTING CHOLESTEROL *5.6 mmol/L Optimum <5.0
HDL CHOLESTEROL *1.7 mmol/L 0.9 - 1.5
HDL % of total 30 % 20 and over
LDL CHOLESTEROL *3.5 mmol/L Up to 3.0
IRON 19.0 umol/L 10.6 - 28.3
T.I.B.C 59 umol/L 41 - 77
TRANSFERRIN SATURATION 32 % 20 - 55
ENDOCRINOLOGY
TESTOSTERONE 15.9 nmol/L 7.6 - 31.4
Reference Ranges apply to adults
Method changed to testosterone II
effective 26.01.10

RESULTS after 7 days, 10 mg Ostarine (MK-2866) per day. 14th Feb 2011.

HAEMATOLOGY
HAEMOGLOBIN 15.5 g/dL 13.0 - 17.0
HCT 0.448 0.37 - 0.50
RED CELL COUNT 5.07 x10^12/L 4.40 - 5.80
MCV 88.4 fL 80 - 99
MCH 30.6 pg 26.0 - 33.5
MCHC 34.6 g/dL 30 - 35
RDW 14.2 11.5 - 15.0
PLATELET COUNT 212 x10^9/L 150 - 400
MPV 11.0 fL 7 - 13
WHITE CELL COUNT 5.73 x10^9/L 3.0 - 10.0
Neutrophils 3.06 x10^9/L 2.0 - 7.5
Lymphocytes 1.81 x10^9/L 1.2 - 3.65
Monocytes 0.56 x10^9/L 0.2 - 1.0
Eosinophils 0.28 x10^9/L 0.0 - 0.4
Basophils 0.02 x10^9/L 0.0 - 0.1
All cell populations appear normal.
ESR 7 mm/hr 1 - 10
This is an amended report and replaces the
previous report issued under the same laboratory
number. Date:14/02/11
BIOCHEMISTRY
SODIUM 143 mmol/L 135 - 145
POTASSIUM 4.8 mmol/L 3.5 - 5.1
CHLORIDE 104 mmol/L 98 - 107
BICARBONATE 28 mmol/l 22 - 29
UREA 5.9 mmol/L 1.7 - 8.3
CREATININE 72 umol/L 66 - 112
estimated GFR >90

BILIRUBIN 9 umol/L 0 - 20
ALKALINE PHOSPHATASE *32 IU/L 40 - 129
ASPARTATE TRANSFERASE 22 IU/L 0 - 37
ALANINE TRANSFERASE 47 IU/L 10 - 50
LDH 300 IU/L 240 - 480
CK 170 IU/L 38 - 204
GAMMA GT 34 IU/L 10 - 71
Please note new reference range effective 22/09/09
TOTAL PROTEIN 75 g/L 63 - 83
ALBUMIN 50 g/L 34 - 50
GLOBULIN 25 g/L 19 - 35
CALCIUM 2.29 mmol/L 2.15 - 2.55
Corrected Calcium 2.15 mmol/L 2.15 - 2.55
PHOSPHATE 1.20 mmol/L 0.87 - 1.45
URIC ACID 341 umol/L 266 - 474
FASTING BLOOD GLUCOSE 4.2 mmol/L 3.9 - 5.8
FASTING TRIGLYCERIDES 0.7 mmol/L < 2.3
FASTING CHOLESTEROL 4.6 mmol/L Optimum <5.0
HDL CHOLESTEROL 1.4 mmol/L 0.9 - 1.5
HDL % of total 30 % 20 and over
LDL CHOLESTEROL 2.9 mmol/L Up to 3.0
IRON 17.0 umol/L 10.6 - 28.3
T.I.B.C 66 umol/L 41 - 77
TRANSFERRIN SATURATION 26 % 20 - 55
ENDOCRINOLOGY
TESTOSTERONE 9.6 nmol/L 7.6 - 31.4
Reference Ranges apply to adults
Method changed to testosterone II
effective 26.01.10

droad87

Awards
^I saw that a few days ago, I am on day 14 on MK2866

Days 1-3 30mg
15mg since then

I have been cutting about 1k under what I normally eat and am still gaining strength and dropping weight, I notice great pumps increased endurance and strength, Headaches at times, Lethargy, Extreme Thirsts and A noticeable body temp increase and increase in sweat, Sometimes I almost feel out of breath. My joints have been feeling quite good though, I am probably going to get on an herbal test booster with tribulus after running it.

HondaV65

HondaV65

Awards
  • Established
It's kind of frustrating ... the fact is ... you have to get Osta from a VERY reliable source. I'm on week three of Osta and my experience is markedly different from Droad's above. For instance, I'm gaining weight and trying to control body fat at the same time - my "Osta" isn't necessarily "cutting" automatically for me.

I'll also add - that it's interesting that, in that "test results" post - the dude says he got acid reflux. Funny - I have chronic acid reflux and I've had it for about 20 years - I take Nexium to prevent it - but since taking the Osta, I haven't had to take it - my acid reflux is gone!

droad87

Awards
interesting, Are you getting anything good from it? The only reason I am so happy is that I am gaining strength on such a hard cut

HondaV65

HondaV65

Awards
  • Established
interesting, Are you getting anything good from it? The only reason I am so happy is that I am gaining strength on such a hard cut
My bench hasn't improved - but my squat has gone up about 30 pounds ... that's about it for strength. As far as muscularity - yeah that's up too and it's really easy to gain muscle but there's also fat with it.

My libido is unaffected - so there's no androgens in this stuff. I know there's something in there because my acid reflux is gone and I took 20mg one day instead of 15mg and went into some pretty severe sweats ...

LOL ... dunno. I got it from a reputable company (initials "U.P.") but I think I will buy from the guys who are board sponsor here in the future. :p

JohnnieFreeze

JohnnieFreeze

Awards
  • Established
Interesting read..but it does go to show that when compounds are taken in body building amounts (aka mega doses) lol, you cant always go by the medical findings with their low therapeutic amounts used in clinical trials. The rules change.

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Interesting read..but it does go to show that when compounds are taken in body building amounts (aka mega doses) lol, you cant always go by the medical findings with their low therapeutic amounts used in clinical trials. The rules change.
This piece of truth needs to be framed.

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
From what i've been reading on various forums, osta on some level does seem to be slightly suppressive.

Every piece of bloodwork I found showed an increase in Estradiol.

Although it's PURE speculation at this point - this is probably caused by an upregulation in aromatase. And if that's the case - then an AI would be a smart decision to ran along side osta.

Maybe a few weeks of clomid following cessation of Osta/AI

http://www.prohormoneforum.com/q-patrick-arnold/35329-ostarine-mk-2866-sarm-cycle-blood-work.html

Dr.Lang

Dr.Lang

Banned
Awards
It is very brand dependent, there companies selling Osta cheaper than what it can be made for.

Im on 25mgs a day of the sarms search brand. Zero suppression. I love the stuff.

You get what you pay for guys.

Movin_weight

Movin_weight

Awards
  • Established
It is very brand dependent, there companies selling Osta cheaper than what it can be made for.

Im on 25mgs a day of the sarms search brand. Zero suppression. I love the stuff.

You get what you pay for guys.
Do you have blood work to back up the claims? Also, what do you speculate would be in other brands?

Just seems difficult to comprehend that something acting strongly on the AR and causing gains in strength/size would not have at least some mild effect on the HPTA.

With elevations in estradiol and only slight decreases testosterone, seems that testosterone production may not be suppressed... but instead just a higher conversion to estrogen and possibly dht.

Would be curious to see blood panel results with the inclusion of a mild AI

And no offense DR LANG, but your affiliation with the distribution of Ostarine tends to add to my speculation of your claims

Lightweight1

Lightweight1

Awards
  • Established
Anyone know how bad lipids are effected on this?

HondaV65

HondaV65

Awards
  • Established
Well I don't know if it's suppressive or not but ...

I've been on it for around four weeks now and I feel great. My libido is rock steady ... sexual function is spot on, hittin' the old lady about three times a week (cuz that's as much as she can handle LOL) and ejaculate higher than norm. I feel strong as a horse ... no fatigue. I do HIIT cardio after resistance training and my heart handles it fine - and I'm 49 years old.

Hell ... I could be suppressed but I wouldn't care!

Now, I am taking some test boosters ... right now Phytoserm 347 and just started DAA ... also using Lean Xtreme and Erase.

I don't feel like I'm on a 'roid or anything. My Epi cycle had me eyeballing every single female that came within my line of sight - I felt like some kind of sexual "Mr. Hyde".

Not so with Osta ... I feel the exact same as I do off cycle. It doesn't give me any "Alpha" feeling whatsoever ... no real increased desire for sex above my normally torridly hot urges but, it does produce some slow and nice muscularity and cut.

I like it.

Movin_weight

Movin_weight

Awards
  • Established
Anyone know how bad lipids are effected on this?
Not sure, the guy above showed decreases in both LDL and HDL within a week. I thought I remember clinical trials at 3mg showing improvements in lipids. Not sure what bb doses cause over several weeks

OnTheRoadTo

Awards
  • Established
That isn't surprising - estrogen acts on the liver to improve lipid profiles. Why do you think that stronger orals like SD rape lipids so hard? It's a function of them shutting people down super hard, with no test base. (HCG fixes this, btw)

This is also why nolva is good for improving lipids, it acts as estrogen at the liver (clomid does not)

Lightweight1

Lightweight1

Awards
  • Established
Not sure, the guy above showed decreases in both LDL and HDL within a week. I thought I remember clinical trials at 3mg showing improvements in lipids. Not sure what bb doses cause over several weeks
I'll just have to keep waiting for more logs and see what happens. I definitely want to try it though.

ishvara

Awards
I have been on osta sarms since last wednesday (30th april) at half a dropper, 12.5mg a day, and I need to know. Can my sex life become messed up from this? Are there chances that it can become damaged? If so, what can I do to make sure this doesn't happen? The severity of this stuff hasn't really hit me before I had a look in the mirror after gym and shower last night.

I got this stuff from the place "Dr.Lang" is touting,
and I'm hoping theres nothing else in this bottle that can mess me up.

I tried sarms s4 once, and didn't really notice that big difference in physique, but this stuff is insane after only 6 days. Will the growth continue like this? I'm totally not into all this stuff, I've just had the word of friends to go on, and I'm beginning to realize I need to know more to feel safe..

I've been going to the gym for 10 years, but only on protein powder and gainer, this is new territory for me, so your experience and advice would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance :)

junkyarddogzz

junkyarddogzz

Awards
  • Established
I have been on osta sarms since last wednesday (30th april) at half a dropper, 12.5mg a day, and I need to know. Can my sex life become messed up from this? Are there chances that it can become damaged? If so, what can I do to make sure this doesn't happen? The severity of this stuff hasn't really hit me before I had a look in the mirror after gym and shower last night.

I tried sarms s4 once, and didn't really notice that big difference in physique, but this stuff is insane after only 6 days. Will the growth continue like this? I'm totally not into all this stuff, I've just had the word of friends to go on, and I'm beginning to realize I need to know more to feel safe..

I've been going to the gym for 10 years, but only on protein powder and gainer, this is new territory for me, so your experience and advice would be very much appreciated.

relax, you will be fine on 12.5mgs of Osta...no side effects at all.

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established

Without blood work one can never really know what's going on behind the scenes. Just know that the only real side effect osta gives is a rise in estrogen (from what i've seen in some blood work). Nothing to be concerned about, it's only a slight rise and is probably the mechanism that is responsible for helping with joints and ligaments and such while you're on it.

junkyarddogzz

junkyarddogzz

Awards
  • Established
mod edit: thread closed. Anymore talk about sources and people are getting banned.

Status
Not open for further replies.