Ordered 23 gauge pins, read a lot of guys are using 25 gauge, any insight

Clysdale2001

Clysdale2001

Awards
Anyone have any insight on 23 gauge pins? Got my order on its way and now second guessing my self on the gauge size, should I have gone with 25 or am I even gonna really notice a difference?

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Anyone have any insight on 23 gauge pins? Got my order on its way and now second guessing my self on the gauge size, should I have gone with 25 or am I even gonna really notice a difference?
I’ve been using 23 gauge 1 inch syringes for years on TRT. I pin twice a week with them.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Any particular place you find better to pin then the other?
I like pinning my delts the best, but I do rotate periodically between my glutes and quads too just to help with scar tissue build up.

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
23g is going to slowly but surely leave more scar tissues than 25g obviously since it’s bigger. My first year of trt and cruise I used 23g only and after a half and a half I already had pretty bad scar tissue in my ass. Gets annoying to pin in there. Now I use 25g and slin pins for trt/cruise and it’s much better. Wel damage is done in my glutes but I preserve other spots with smarter approach this time.

Clysdale2001

Clysdale2001

Awards
23g is going to slowly but surely leave more scar tissues than 25g obviously since it’s bigger. My first year of trt and cruise I used 23g only and after a half and a half I already had pretty bad scar tissue in my ass. Gets annoying to pin in there. Now I use 25g and slin pins for trt/cruise and it’s much better. Wel damage is done in my glutes but I preserve other spots with smarter approach this time.
Definitely understand what your saying about scar tissue, it’s my first cycle so just soaking up the first hand experiences besides my research, thanks bro I’ll keep it in mind for my next go round

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Do you draw your test with a bigger pin or with the 25 gauge?

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
You could simply order some 25g tips and swap them after you draw out the oil. Using not only a smaller gauge but IMO more importantly a fresh tip will reduce scar tissue. If you have ever seen the pictures using a microscope of the tip of a pin after simply going through the rubber stopper on a vial it is pretty significant the dulling.

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I use to do 23g because it’s much easier to get the oil out but I use 25g now, I actually prefer 23g. I use delts for blast and subq for TRT.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Good to know! I’ve been on TRT for about 7 years and haven’t blasted yet but I’ve been thinking about it. I’ve never ran a cycle of gear and have only taken superdrol once when it was legal.

jtbull

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I’ve been using 23 gauge 1 inch syringes for years on TRT. I pin twice a week with them.
Same only once per week. BD and 1 inch. I do have some 1.5 i ordered in error that will be glutes. i also used them for my blasts ( cycles) which have been test only so far.

AnabolicGuru

AnabolicGuru

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
23g is fine if it’s a cycle/blast. I generally use 23g when on cycle due to pinning more volume of oil and sometimes more viscous oils as well. I prefer 25g+ for just lower volume injections though, like 1.5ml or less I guess. Also using a 1cc slin barrel instead of the conventional 3cc barrel makes it easier to push in thicker oil’s through smaller pins such as 25g and 27g if you were interested.

AnabolicGuru

AnabolicGuru

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
23g is fine if it’s a cycle/blast. I generally use 23g when on cycle due to pinning more volume of oil and sometimes more viscous oils as well. I prefer 25g+ for just lower volume injections though, like 1.5ml or less I guess. Also using a 1cc slin barrel instead of the conventional 3cc barrel makes it easier to push in thicker oil’s through smaller pins such as 25g and 27g if you were interested.
Another thing to keep in mind though is that everyone is going to have different viscosities in regards to the oil they are pinning; meaning that although some guys here might get by fine pinning 2cc through a 27g, that doesn’t mean you’ll be the same due to the fact that your oil may/may not be as viscous/THICC.

Clysdale2001

Clysdale2001

Awards
Another thing to keep in mind though is that everyone is going to have different viscosities in regards to the oil they are pinning; meaning that although some guys here might get by fine pinning 2cc through a 27g, that doesn’t mean you’ll be the same due to the fact that your oil may/may not be as viscous/THICC.
Thanks man, I’m starting my first blast today, I’ve got a couple dozen 23 gauge / 3ml pins, so I’ll try them out first and pick my self up some smaller barrels and a few 25 gauge next time I’m in the city to experiment with, great info

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Thanks man, I’m starting my first blast today, I’ve got a couple dozen 23 gauge / 3ml pins, so I’ll try them out first and pick my self up some smaller barrels and a few 25 gauge next time I’m in the city to experiment with, great info
You should be able to push anything thru a 23.