Has anyone ordered tongkat or black ginger on Etsy/Ebay?

Camer138

Awards
I’m seriously considering trying these supplements for an extra boost at the gym and to help with fertility. Problem in Canada is we have very little to nothing to choose from unless you want to pay a ridiculous price.

I found some shops on Etsy from Thailand with high reviews on these herbs but I’m concerned about fillers and heavy metals. Would like to know if anyone here has purchased through these channels and what your experiences are, thank you.

alvin1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Wait a fews weeks until serious nutrition solution have another sale and the buy their Tongkat ali XT 3 pack deal. It will not me more expensive than buying from Esty, this is my recommendation.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Wait a fews weeks until serious nutrition solution have another sale
I would agree with this as well! SNS is pretty good about sales around holidays and new year!

tenorguy33

Awards
  • First Up Vote
The SNS products are a very reasonable price even when not on sale let alone the great sales. I would pay more for their quality than take my chances on something from eBay.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Thank you to everyone for the kind words and for recommending Tongkat Ali XT.

Tongkat Ali XT uses an specialized extract that is standardized to contain a min. 2% Eurycomanone so its a very potent extract.

We do offer sales around the holidays but our products are also priced very cost effectively year round.

For example, Tongkat Ali XT is literally up to 20x as potent as some other Tongkat Ali raw materials which means that one would have to take up to 6 grams per day of some regular Tongkat Ali products to get the dosage in one capsule of Tongkat Ali XT; and Tongkat Ali XT even not on sale is only 39.99 for a two month supply for those using only 1 capsule per day.

Here is a link to the product and the write up which gives a lot of information about Tongkat Ali XT and Tongkat Ali in general:

paulg

paulg

Awards
Barlowe Herbal Elixers has both. Highest quality and fantastic prices.
I prefer 100:1 Tongkat. The 200 makes me feel icky.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Barlowe Herbal Elixers has both. Highest quality and fantastic prices.
I prefer 100:1 Tongkat. The 200 makes me feel icky.
The way that a 200:1 extract may make a person feel can vary brand to brand and source to source.

200:1 is a ratio extract and the amount of actual active constituents in a ratio extract can vary a lot by the brand and source that they use. I did a very detailed post on that in another thread awhile back that I'll try to find.

But basically, 200:1 or 100:1 or something like that means that it requires 200 kg. of raw plant to yield 1 kg. of 200:1 final product but it does NOT indicate the active constituents in the finished kg.

For example, we use a 200:1 ratio extract in Test Fix by Muscle Addiction and SNS Tongkat Ali XT is a 200:1 extract as well, but they are actually pretty different ingredients bc Tongkat Ali XT uses the Bionutricia extract which is guaranteed to be a min. 2% Eurycomanone which makes it a much stronger ingredient.

I'll try to find that post I wrote detailing all of this and may wind up turning it into an article bc I broke down the different types of extracts for Tongkat Ali but the basic premise of it could apply t a lot of herbs.