Opinions on my Supplement Stack...?

FlawedGrunt

FlawedGrunt

Awards
  • Established
Wow.... just mixed up my supp/preworkout concoction.. might take a bit of tweaking!

I am on Lean Gains / Intermittent fasting dieting protocol so I wont eat till noon but what I do to help with that is have some BCAAs to sip on. So I mixed up 2 scoops xtend and 2g citruline malate... which I might drop the cit mal since I am getting some from the xtend and I put some in my preworkout and my intra drink has xtend in it as well so having so much in the morning might be a waste.

Morning Supps
2 Scoops Xtend (this is for sipping on until noon)
Multivit
Vitamin C
Cycle Assist (using up leftover just to get the benefits of the ingredients)
1 cap Erase
1 cap Alpha T2

Preworkout drink (which i just took and its going to take a bit to rememebr all the fricken powders I just had to combine)
1 Scoop Craze
1g Citrulline Malate
3g D-Aspartic Acid
1g LCLT
1g Agmatine

Intra Workout Drink
(Take a big sip right when i start my workout... sip the whole time and slam the rest right when I am done)
2 Scoops Xtend
1 Scoop Evolution X10 (another 10g BCAAs and 5g creatine, 10g protein (whey isolate and glutamine according to the label)

Post Workout Nutrition
1 Scoop Monster Maize
1.5 Scoops Protein
1 cup oats
1.5 cups milk
1 Banana
1g LCLT

I was thinking about changing my agmatine dose to 500mg pre and post so I could get some nutrient partioning effects but I am sure its not necessary since my fasted body will do just fine sucking up all the nutrients especially with the monster maize. Normally Im not sure if I should mix the maize with the consumption of the banana since the maize is taking over the bananas purpose... but I need the cals!

Afternoon
1g Cit Mal
1 cap Alpha T2
1 cap Erase

Later in the day I figured I could take another 1g Citruline Malate to get the recommended 6g between my cit mal powder and xtend. However I will probably drop the cit mal from the fast mix in the morning... make the pre-workout 2g of cit mal and then make it 2g in the afternoon as well.

Opinions? I think they are all pretty well rounded supplements from the reviews I am gone over.

FlawedGrunt

FlawedGrunt

Awards
  • Established
PS - Holy cluster fxck of powders is all I can say about the concoction

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I don't talk to people who are on lean gains

Just kidding!

Bump the cit mal up to 5 grams pre workout and thank me later

FlawedGrunt

FlawedGrunt

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the response bro! What's the benefit of that kind of dose ?

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Take cycle assist and your multiviamin with food. Stop sipping the BCAAs and start slamming them in order to spike blood leucine. Lose the monster maize postworkout once you are done with your tub...no point. You ned ~7g cit mal daily for optimal benefits. I wouldn't use agmatine with IF unless you are certain you won't go hypoglycemic. Taking all 1000mg postworkout is probably best for you.

D3Baseball

Awards
Take cycle assist and your multiviamin with food. Stop sipping the BCAAs and start slamming them in order to spike blood leucine. Lose the monster maize postworkout once you are done with your tub...no point. You ned ~7g cit mal daily for optimal benefits. I wouldn't use agmatine with IF unless you are certain you won't go hypoglycemic. Taking all 1000mg postworkout is probably best for you.
I agree with what he said.

You haven't done too poorly, really. Overall, a decent selection of supps. Just keep in mind if you ever feel like you're going crazy with all the different powders, pills, etc. that you can do fine without all of that stuff too.

FlawedGrunt

FlawedGrunt

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the well detailed response bro. I should clarifiy that my first intake of BCAA in the morning is about 5g and then the rest is sipping. Currently my workouts have been shortly after which gives me another 20g within the next hour or so.

So would you suggest not taking any agmatine before workout at all then if I am going to continue with LG/IF? Or would a small dose like 250 with my morning BCAA/LCLT/CIT MAL be ok? I really wanted the agmatine for the pump but if its going to fxck with blood sugar too much fasted then I wont mess with it until I eat.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Coop beat me to it on his responses about the BCAAs, citrulline malate and cycle assist/multi-vitamin.

What I would add is, what do the rest of your post workout meals look like aside from that shake? If you're getting a whole food meal shortly after (which I imagine you are as long as your workout is in the afternoon/after your fast is broken), then you could do one of two things:

1. Dump the slow digesting carbs and milk in your post-workout shake and go for whey isolate and simple carbs (in order to get the fastest digestion for muscles/glycogen stores possible).

2. Just do a whey isolate shake only with no carbs (supposed to help keep from blunting GH levels, though how much is debatable, and thus keeps fat-burning going on for a bit longer).

Either way, as long as you're getting a good meal in sometime after (I personally do a shake within 15 minutes of finishing my lifts and then eat my whole food meal 1-1.5 hours after), you can ditch everything in that shake that is slowing digestion.

FlawedGrunt

FlawedGrunt

Awards
  • Established
Coop beat me to it on his responses about the BCAAs, citrulline malate and cycle assist/multi-vitamin.

What I would add is, what do the rest of your post workout meals look like aside from that shake? If you're getting a whole food meal shortly after (which I imagine you are as long as your workout is in the afternoon/after your fast is broken), then you could do one of two things:

1. Dump the slow digesting carbs and milk in your post-workout shake and go for whey isolate and simple carbs (in order to get the fastest digestion for muscles/glycogen stores possible).

2. Just do a whey isolate shake only with no carbs (supposed to help keep from blunting GH levels, though how much is debatable, and thus keeps fat-burning going on for a bit longer).

Either way, as long as you're getting a good meal in sometime after (I personally do a shake within 15 minutes of finishing my lifts and then eat my whole food meal 1-1.5 hours after), you can ditch everything in that shake that is slowing digestion.
Generally thats about how it goes. For Example yesterday I had a post workout shake of 1 scoop monster maize and 1 scoop protein about 30 min after my workout and then about an hour after that I had a heaping plate of brown rice, chicken, and ribeye with some veggies and sauce thrown in

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Generally thats about how it goes. For Example yesterday I had a post workout shake of 1 scoop monster maize and 1 scoop protein about 30 min after my workout and then about an hour after that I had a heaping plate of brown rice, chicken, and ribeye with some veggies and sauce thrown in
That's how to roll.

For whatever reason (just early on in my learning and before I knew as much as I currently do), I would add in ground oats to my post workout shakes, too. And I was still having a meal later on, but I thought "durr, this is better than sugar!" It was mostly my fear of sugar leading to fat gain, thanks to all of the misinformation/propaganda out there, today. Oddly enough, when I was exploring some things related to diabetes/insulin resistance, I did a 2 hour glucose tolerance test and an hour after drinking the 75g glucose, my blood glucose level had barely even gone up lol (and at the 2 hour mark, it was lower than my fasting level). So all that time I was deathly afraid, my blood sugar doesn't even spike that badly. So in that post-workout window when glycogen stores are so depleted (so long as you've worked out hard enough), I always take advantage and get my simple carbohydrates in, now.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Thanks for the well detailed response bro. I should clarifiy that my first intake of BCAA in the morning is about 5g and then the rest is sipping. Currently my workouts have been shortly after which gives me another 20g within the next hour or so.

So would you suggest not taking any agmatine before workout at all then if I am going to continue with LG/IF? Or would a small dose like 250 with my morning BCAA/LCLT/CIT MAL be ok? I really wanted the agmatine for the pump but if its going to fxck with blood sugar too much fasted then I wont mess with it until I eat.
5g BCAAs at once will not stumlate MPS to any significant degree unless it is purely leucine. At your body weight, aim for a 4.5g minimum for leucine in a sitting. Sipping eliminates the ability to spike blood leucine, which is essential for MPS signaling via BCAA consumption, so I'd cut that out entirely and just opt for crystal light. Take 250mg agmatine with an adequate dose of BCAAs in the morning, and take the other 750mg postworkout, IMO.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
5g BCAAs at once will not stumlate MPS to any significant degree unless it is purely leucine. At your body weight, aim for a 4.5g minimum for leucine in a sitting. Sipping eliminates the ability to spike blood leucine, which is essential for MPS signaling via BCAA consumption, so I'd cut that out entirely and just opt for crystal light. Take 250mg agmatine with an adequate dose of BCAAs in the morning, and take the other 750mg postworkout, IMO.
I've been meaning to pick your brain on this for a while, Coop: what is your take on using BCAAs intra-workout? Is that an acceptable time to essentially "sip" them? or is that just a waste? For example, I usually consume 16-25g BCAAs during my workout (depending on how long/intense the session is); would I be better served to just mix that in a shaker, slam half a set or so in and the other half just as I'm finishing, and just drink water (and possibly electrolytes) in my half-gallon just throughout the duration of my weight-training session?

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
I've been meaning to pick your brain on this for a while, Coop: what is your take on using BCAAs intra-workout? Is that an acceptable time to essentially "sip" them? or is that just a waste? For example, I usually consume 16-25g BCAAs during my workout (depending on how long/intense the session is); would I be better served to just mix that in a shaker, slam half a set or so in and the other half just as I'm finishing, and just drink water (and possibly electrolytes) in my half-gallon just throughout the duration of my weight-training session?
Intraworkout is definitely an acceptable time to sip on BCAAs. They simply serve a different function here; rather than attempting to maximize MPS, they are used to prevent catabolism and provide a steady source of rapidly absorbed amino acids during training.

Ajerone

Banned
Awards
I've been reading lots of experiences that say Craze should be dosed away from other ingredients - users reported nausea, etc. I took with Triazole/ DAA and decided to pop those after the workout, got nauseous. Only thing I've taken it with is HEAT/ AlphaBurn with no bad effect, intensified. Craze is very promiscuous and delicate.

D3Baseball

Awards
I've been reading lots of experiences that say Craze should be dosed away from other ingredients - users reported nausea, etc. I took with Triazole/ DAA and decided to pop those after the workout, got nauseous. Only thing I've taken it with is HEAT/ AlphaBurn with no bad effect, intensified. Craze is very promiscuous and delicate.
mmhmm...

FlawedGrunt

FlawedGrunt

Awards
  • Established
Intraworkout is definitely an acceptable time to sip on BCAAs. They simply serve a different function here; rather than attempting to maximize MPS, they are used to prevent catabolism and provide a steady source of rapidly absorbed amino acids during training.
So in your opinion I should be getting at least 5g of L-Luecine upon waking correct? I was thinking about picking up this new BCAA supp that is a 12:1:1. Could use that in the morning mixed with a scoop or two of xtend for a nice L-Luecine boost. And then carry on my 20g of BCAAs during training.

That BCAA supp is Inner Armour BCAA Peak - Luecine Loaded. It has 6.2g of Luecine per serving

FlawedGrunt

FlawedGrunt

Awards
  • Established
I read about the possibilities of mixing craze with other compounds but I have had no side effects at all.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
So in your opinion I should be getting at least 5g of L-Luecine upon waking correct? I was thinking about picking up this new BCAA supp that is a 12:1:1. Could use that in the morning mixed with a scoop or two of xtend for a nice L-Luecine boost. And then carry on my 20g of BCAAs during training.

That BCAA supp is Inner Armour BCAA Peak - Luecine Loaded. It has 6.2g of Luecine per serving
When you get to ratios higher than 4:1:1, it is pretty much a waste to buy a BCAA supplement, and bulk leucine would be far more cost effective (check out SNS leucine). Dr. Dana Houser recommends getting 25% of your AA pool from Leucine anyway, so I'd say it's a wise investment either way.

Xtend and Aminocore are my recommendations if you want to go with a BCAA product as opposed to bulk leucine.

D3Baseball

Awards
When you get to ratios higher than 4:1:1, it is pretty much a waste to buy a BCAA supplement, and bulk leucine would be far more cost effective (check out SNS leucine). Dr. Dana Houser recommends getting 25% of your AA pool from Leucine anyway, so I'd say it's a wise investment either way.

Xtend and Aminocore are my recommendations if you want to go with a BCAA product as opposed to bulk leucine.
Genomyx Protocol would also be an option, you'd be getting beta alanine and LCLT as well.

FlawedGrunt

FlawedGrunt

Awards
  • Established
Holy shxt I'm not going to be able to take agmatine on any low Carb days that's for sure. Gives me the appetite of a lion