ombination of carnitines and resveratrol for prevention or treatment of cerebral and

1HP

1HP

Awards
  • Established
Well some interesting things. I've stopped taking resveratrol orally around a week ago and the change in feelings of well being and energy levels is actually noticable. Also my skin does look a little less vibrant although I'm still applying resveratrol topically.

On the part of my custom face cream experiment (facecream mixed with resveratrol and vitamin C), that does seem to have some effects. Wrinkles seem a little bit less pronounced and the hair on my temples is actually tunring blonde in stead of gray. Howevere I also caught a fair amount of sunlight the last week which may also have its effects so for now I'm saying: "I THINK it works topically on skin and grey hair and I'm 90% sure it works orally on well being and energy levels" ;)

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
So, you have eliminated RSV from the stack? Adverse sides? What happened?

1HP

1HP

Awards
  • Established
So, you have eliminated RSV from the stack? Adverse sides? What happened?
Well 2 things, wanted to see how I would do without and came across this bit:

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/male-anti-aging/130098-question-matrix-resveratrol.html

Seems to be a non issue though since you need to have like zero estrogen around for this to happen.

I'm only off the resveratrol for around a week. Adding it back in next week standalone, then add quercetin, then add bioperine.

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
Okay, thanks for posting that. I take 1 or 2 days off from RSV a week, doesnt seem to affect energy, however I have taken up to 5 days off and definately noticed a difference. Are you still sweating alot? Any other sides, good or bad?

1HP

1HP

Awards
  • Established
Okay, thanks for posting that. I take 1 or 2 days off from RSV a week, doesnt seem to affect energy, however I have taken up to 5 days off and definately noticed a difference. Are you still sweating alot? Any other sides, good or bad?
Yeah lol, the alcar makes me sweat my panties off during physical activity.

I like the small but noticable mental boost and clarity I get from Alcar. Also the nutrient repartitioning from the Na-Rala is nice.

Did you read that bit on imminst about when taking ALA you stop sirt1 activation? Not so much to find about it but hmm ;)

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
Yeah lol, the alcar makes me sweat my panties off during physical activity.

I like the small but noticable mental boost and clarity I get from Alcar. Also the nutrient repartitioning from the Na-Rala is nice.

Did you read that bit on imminst about when taking ALA you stop sirt1 activation? Not so much to find about it but hmm ;)
No, I didnt read that, could you point out the thread? Postings in the RSV forum are sparse. Ive been combining my T80, SA, Resveratrol with one soft-gel of Mito-gold for over 3 wks, seems to enhance whatever placebo I seem to be experiencing. Im about to start a period of lifting after a long lay-off and will probably be using it daily. When you re-start the Res. what type will you be using?

1HP

1HP

Awards
  • Established
No, I didnt read that, could you point out the thread? Postings in the RSV forum are sparse. Ive been combining my T80, SA, Resveratrol with one soft-gel of Mito-gold for over 3 wks, seems to enhance whatever placebo I seem to be experiencing. Im about to start a period of lifting after a long lay-off and will probably be using it daily. When you re-start the Res. what type will you be using?
Hmm cant find it, I should really start saving interesting stuff I read.

I'll be going back to my 99% bulk powder again @ ~500mg a day but togheter with quercetin and bioperine.

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
I found it, more convuluted contradiction. If there is synergy with Quercitin and Bioperene it could help economize the cost of Res. The powder is so much cheaper than the pre-emulsifed licaps.

1HP

1HP

Awards
  • Established
I found it, more convuluted contradiction. If there is synergy with Quercitin and Bioperene it could help economize the cost of Res. The powder is so much cheaper than the pre-emulsifed licaps.
Yeah, I have to note my endurance is down considerably last 3 days. Will be interesting if it goed back up again when I start taking resv again. If endurance goes back to the level it was at before the endurance benefits are bigger then I thought before. I think I will wait a little longer to add it back in to make 100% sure its really the resv. Maybe 2 weeks or so.

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
Sometimes on a regimen, its difficult to tell which is enhancing what. With Res. there a bunch of placebo effects. I find it prudent to break for one to two days a week, and a few days after each bottle. Thought I might try the micronized, pure, low emodin, bulk to defray cost and vary type. What type is the bulk youre using? You refer to it as 99%, what is the emodin content? I can only find 98 micronized. That is with a COA, from an FDA approved facility.

1HP

1HP

Awards
  • Established
Sometimes on a regimen, its difficult to tell which is enhancing what. With Res. there a bunch of placebo effects. I find it prudent to break for one to two days a week, and a few days after each bottle. Thought I might try the micronized, pure, low emodin, bulk to defray cost and vary type. What type is the bulk youre using? You refer to it as 99%, what is the emodin content? I can only find 98 micronized. That is with a COA, from an FDA approved facility.
I dont know, its sold as being "This product is Resveratrol (99% Trans-Resveratrol). Nothing has been added nor taken away."

Maybe this part is indeed true for me:

study by the Institute of Genetics and Molecular and Cellular Biology found that mice given oral doses of resveratrol were able to run 100% farther than those that weren’t. The lead scientist who carried out this study expected that these results would also be transferrable to humans based on his research of the gene that is influenced by resveratrol.

The aforementioned study also produced an interesting phenomenon in that the mice that were administered resveratrol had a reduced heart rate and noticeably more muscle tone. The lead scientist actually stated that “Resveratrol makes you look like a trained athlete without the training”!

Finally the mice in the experiment that were supplemented with resveratrol had greater numbers of mitochondria in their muscle cells. This effectively allowed the mice to burn extra calories, which suggests that resveratrol helps combat weight gain.

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
Without a doubt, Resveratrol is working in a positive way. I wouldnt use it for a bulk though. I concur that; it does enhance stamina and weight loss as well as increased muscle tone. Or at least that is my perception, or placebo perception. I think there is more benefit over time, we can only wait and see, meanwhile I think this is worth taking if a person can handle or maintain low sides and that entails taking a break from use. Just my thoughts, please continue to post your subjective experiences. When will you re-start the Res. ?

anabolicRyan1

Awards
  • Established
I'm all ears on this one.

Great research. Trial and error is the only real way to learn anything sadly. I've found that with any product I range from being a non-responder to a super responder. I've never tried any resveratrol before and i'm very much considering it.

So many companies with the "only answer" to everything and conflicting information its great to see people figuring out what really works for them.

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
Thats the bottom line, finding out what works for you. Resveratrol may not work for everyone, but I think its worth a try, particularly for those of us that are older. Save yourself some money and potential sides by going for the TD and highest purity, low emodin, micronized oral products available. Just my thoughts.

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
Anything new to discuss yet? How are you doing?

1HP

1HP

Awards
  • Established
Fine, restarted resveratrol , 3rd day today. Taking in combination with bioperine, quercetin and curcumin this time. Nothing extraordinary to report as of yet ;) I do feel really good ;)

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
Regular Weight, Lifting being concious of diet, proper supplementation, you should be feeling good! Weight training is key. Have you changed the doseing of Carnitine?

1HP

1HP

Awards
  • Established
No, I'm taking days off sometimes to test the difference but I've been taking Alcar longterm before and already know my best dosage. Might test around again to see if there's a difference when taking it together with resveratrol et al but I doubt that..

russianstar

Awards
  • Established
Yeah bulk.

I ordered some custom capsules from customcapsule.com containing:

Ingredients %DV
Biotin (Biotin) 100 MCG 33%
Coleus Forskohlii (20% forskolin) 100 MG N/A
Na R-Alpha Lipoic Acid (NaR-ALA) 143 MG N/A
Grape Seed Extract (95% OPC) 90 MG N/A

The Alcar is bulk, also from customcapsule, I capped that myself into "00" size caps, amounts to ~750mg a cap.

So I take 3 caps Alcar and 1 custom capsule cap 2 times a day.

The Resveratrol you know where to get ;)

The amount of Alcar I'm taking I got from a study I'll try to lookup again later today.

This is great, good to see some imagination too with these ideas, im following along, just read through to the 3rd page, but wanted to quote this, good work, and im subbed.

1HP

1HP

Awards
  • Established
This is great, good to see some imagination too with these ideas, im following along, just read through to the 3rd page, but wanted to quote this, good work, and im subbed.
Hi russianstar,

Any chance you can get the limit lifted on the 50% resveratrol custom capsule is carrying? It allows 500 mg max thats 250mg of resveratrol. The studies show 4.9mg / kg of BW to be the effective dose needed for sirt1 activation. Getting a 98 or 99% extract would be even better ofcourse ;) And bioperine and Vitamin K2 would be really great aswell.

I would love an anti aging customcapsule with:

450 mg resveratrol 98/99% or 900mg 50%
25 mg Bioperine
450 mg Quercetin
600 mg Curcumin
5000 IU Vitamin D3
xx (depends on if its MK4 or MK7) Vitamin K2
600 mg NAC
800 mg Milk Thistle
and some hearth health stuff yet to be determined

Will be quite some pills in 1 serving but better then all those seperate boxes I have now.

GuyverX

GuyverX

Awards
  • Established
Very informative thread.
As far as the Polygonum Multiflorum (Fo-Ti) even though it sounds like a good component to stack with the RES and Carnitines , it might make my vasectomy undo itself and I do not need that happening.

1HP

1HP

Awards
  • Established
On Alcar dosing:

Delaying Brain Mitochondrial Decay and Aging with Mitochondrial Antioxidants and Metabolites
JIANKANG LIU, HANI ATAMNA, HIROHIKO KURATSUNE, AND BRUCE N. AMES

• 1.5% in drinking water (equivalent to about 12g daily in 70 kg humans) is too much. It is the least effective of the three dosages tested and increases markers of oxidative damage.
• 0.5% in drinking water (equivalent to about 4g daily in 70 kg humans) is optimal among the three dosages tested. It is more effective than the higher dosage in ambulatory activity and mitochondrial rehabilitation and does not increase markers of oxidative damage.
• 0.15% in drinking water (equivalent to about 1.2g daily in 70 kg humans), while less effective than the 0.5% dosage, is still significantly more effective than the 1.5% dosage with respect to ambulatory activity.

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
1HP, what happened with this? Did you resume the Resveratrol? Results?

STPlover

STPlover

Awards
Hows taking resveratrol as part of your post workout meal?

1HP

1HP

Awards
  • Established
Hi Knowbull,

More of the same actually. I'm experimenting with different ways of taking Resveratrol, taking time on and off trying to assess effects. I've ordered some revgenetics resv now, suspended in tween 80 and in nitrocaps. Gonna see if I notice more from that. Also been experimenting with resv face creams. Bottom line it works :)

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
Hi Knowbull,

More of the same actually. I'm experimenting with different ways of taking Resveratrol, taking time on and off trying to assess effects. I've ordered some revgenetics resv now, suspended in tween 80 and in nitrocaps. Gonna see if I notice more from that. Also been experimenting with resv face creams. Bottom line it works :)
Good choice. I noticed a slight decrease in energy level when I stopped taking it for 12 dys, could be placebo. When you say more of the same, do you mean slight increases in stamina and workout recovery? The product you chose is best taken at 1 daily IMO (because of the emulsifier) adding extra through the use of pure micronized powder mixed in the glass of water you take your capsule with seems best if you want to increase the dose, comes to 550 mgs using the scoop thats included, makes for great adsorption in AM. JMO

1HP

1HP

Awards
  • Established
I have the Nitro 250 caps actually: http://store.revgenetics.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=Nitro250%2DCAPS&CartID=0

Good choice. I noticed a slight decrease in energy level when I stopped taking it for 12 dys, could be placebo. When you say more of the same, do you mean slight increases in stamina and workout recovery? The product you chose is best taken at 1 daily IMO (because of the emulsifier) adding extra through the use of pure micronized powder mixed in the glass of water you take your capsule with seems best if you want to increase the dose, comes to 550 mgs using the scoop thats included, makes for great adsorption in AM. JMO
Yeah I'm just gonna take 1 a day, its expensive enough although I got it at 50% off during the august sale. Yeah the effects I described before are unmistakenly there. I'm sortoff starting to like Quercetin aswell. I think it increases stamina even more and I've read some studies recently backing up my personal experiences.

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
I have the Nitro 250 caps actually: http://store.revgenetics.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=Nitro250%2DCAPS&CartID=0

Yeah I'm just gonna take 1 a day, its expensive enough although I got it at 50% off during the august sale. Yeah the effects I described before are unmistakenly there. I'm sortoff starting to like Quercetin aswell. I think it increases stamina even more and I've read some studies recently backing up my personal experiences.
Anecdotal reports regarding Quercetin that I have read are all positive, thinking about trying it although I may have to alternate it with something else in my regimen. Any suggestion as to source or type of Quercetin?

1HP

1HP

Awards
  • Established
Anecdotal reports regarding Quercetin that I have read are all positive, thinking about trying it although I may have to alternate it with something else in my regimen. Any suggestion as to source or type of Quercetin?
My only experience is with the now brand.